Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Run! Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Mercy
Maya will want to reach out to Addie and invite her to come away with them, but needs the approval of her friends before that happens.
Imladir
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 1 2016, 01:09 AM) *
I'm happy for one of you to give voice to the returning spirit with useful Intel! He's not hiding! But he's not from your original group either!

Since I'm the one asking the questions, I suppose it's fitting I'm the one posting the answer. I'll do it late afternoon (or in the morning for those of you on the wrong side of the Atlantic ^^)
Imladir
Here, done smile.gif
A few more details. First, I added the place on the map (it's Ostrander Lake)
Second, an image of Mairin

Third, for the big greenish bear, it's a Shardik, from Howling Shadows, p103:
[ Spoiler ]

Could be "just" a big Piasma though, works too, but since we're speaking toxic... And Maya wanted paracritters nyahnyah.gif
Beta
Nice spin to it! (different that the first take of one of the kids, but this looks more challenging/interesting)
Gilga
WOW that one is scary.
Gilga
added some karma to Dana, basically gymnastics, swimming running and sneaking. The stuff she keeps training in. I also added 1 level to influence and acting groups to reflect Dana's use of social skills as she is gravitating toward a being a more social character.
(E.g. instruction - now her martial arts class is actually beginning to be effective...)
Beta
I was a bit unsure about where Addie is vis-a-vis the other PC right now.... I think Cailin moved them closer to the Council so all could see her spirit, but at the same time Maya is still having the discussion about whether to accept Addie. So I'm going to assume that:
- they moved close enough to hear, but still a little apart,
- Maya is having quiet conversations with people.
- Addie can hear the conversation about whether to leave the toxic alone or not.

In other words, that I can take part in that conversation, without hearing Maya.
Gilga
I was under the impression that we are with the council, though perhaps we can like decide where we stand as a team and then give the council a unified stand.
Beta
Just in case anyone is confused, I got my user name updated to match what I have on ShadowGrid. Betx --> Beta. Hopefully easier to 'pronounce' in your mind smile.gif
(when I first came to dumpshock with a simple rules question, if I'd had any idea of how much I'd post here I would have taken time to select an easier to say user name. As it was I was just looking for "let's minimize the chance that anyone else is using it." My apologies for any annoyance the higher-scrabble-points version of the name caused. Annoyance that I've caused, well I can't fix that as easily ...
Imladir
Cailin was talking to Dana when she got the answer. She went between both groups, said in a loud enough voice to be heard by everyone she had news about the Shaman and waited for everyone to gather around, so yeah of course Addie can hear.
For Maya / Vincent discussion, just assume it was done earlier but was late in the making due to Raider's slow posting rate (compared to us anyway)
Beta
I figure Dot's body is probably 7 -- she is still gangly. Possibly as low as 6?
Gilga
We can do +- 2 body so anything larger, a tiger (?) perhaps even a bear.
Imladir
Tiger 6, horse 8, wolf 6.
Bear is 9, boar 6, elephant 12 and giraffe 10 (from Howling Shadows)
Gilga
Dot the horse... oh I can totally see this backfires with the girls at the camp preferring Dot in horse shape.
Imladir
For obvious reasons I didn't put them in the list, but in the range you have the dolphin at 8 and the sea lion at 7.
Mercy
Has Lindsey left us?
Imladir
A while ago yes.
She's not here since the decision was taken regarding Muhammed: it's here
Mercy
Yes, I remember that post, but was wondering if I had missed something about her not returning?
Imladir
She didn't come back no, she wants to avoid any discussion about the Toxic hoping Rick will forget to include her in the team that would go fight him.
irn0rchid
Yes, Lindsey bailed out down to the tents. I'll get a post up about her talking with the peeps there eventually, but holiday weekends are bad for me.
Mercy
It is OK. I was just worried that she had left the game.
Aria
Ok, back more or less... apart from Addie deciding to abandon Rick (he won't be happy about that one!), we don't seem to have a plan for dealing/not dealing with the toxic yet...right?!? I'm reluctant to have Rick impose one on you hence his prevaricating...over to you...!
Imladir
QUOTE (Beta @ Sep 2 2016, 10:41 PM) *
Just in case anyone is confused, I got my user name updated to match what I have on ShadowGrid.

Same thing ^^
It was nice as long as I only had the Run! PBP here, but with TC coming here, it was better just using my usual nickname.
Since all my RP posts are tagged, it shouldn't be a problem anyway.
Gilga
What are the suggestions?

1.Addie's spy thing.
2. Talk to it.
3. Ignore it and GTFO.
4. Assemble an army and go witch hunting.
Ennui
I have a character idea for your game if you are still letting people join.
irn0rchid
Lindsey suggested #3 and will push for that if she gets drawn back into the convo.
Gilga
I think that 3 is going to be decided - unless we want the other council members to side with Rick. (Raff? Vincent? )

it seems like Rick is the only one that has previous dealings with a toxic mage (or so he say - but he is a teenager, that could just say that to look cool...), so we are all unarmed and under equipped teenagers... I doubt people are going to fight as long as there is a way out.

Mercy
Maya made her recommendation known. She votes to leave the area.
Beta
I'd forgotten to add the body suit to the character sheet. Anyone remember off hand what the armory rating is? (If not I'll go digging for it, but hoping others have a better memory than me)

As for the options, I'm. Fine with leaving, Addie will pull for scouting / negotiating, but this is dragging in, so OOC-- yahoo, she can lose this point.
Gilga
Dana will offer her to do scouting anyhow regardless of the decision. An approach worthy of a chaos mage.

8 points of armor +3 heat/cold resistance.
Imladir
Cailin is torn. She doesn't want to leave the Toxic as his, but she's pacifist so she cannot advocate to just kill him. And she doesn't believe for one second you can make friends with people like that. Hence the relative silence ^^
Beta
Addie is too ignorant of toxics to realize how risky negotiations may be biggrin.gif
irn0rchid
Man, Lindsey sucks at Summoning (and is out of Edge now). nyahnyah.gif

Summoning Spirit of Man [6]: 12d6t5 1
Edge Reroll: 11d6t5 2
Spirit Resists [6]: 6d6t5 3
Resist 1: 1d6t5 1
Drain [6]: 11d6t5 3
3 Drain
Summoning Spirit of Man [5]: 11d6t5 1
Spirit Resists [5]: 5d6t5 1
Resist 2: 1d6t5 1
Drain [4]: 11d6t5 3
1 Drain
Summoning Spirit of Man [5]: 11d6t5 6 (Limit 5)
Spirit Resists [5]: 5d6t5 2
Resist 3: 1d6t5 0
Drain [4]: 11d6t5 5
0 Drain - 4 tasks
Psychokinesis: 10d6t5 4
Imladir
It won't change much given the results, but two remarks:
You forgot a resistance die on your spirits with your Spirit Whisperer quality (unless the [X] denotes the final level?)
And it's "only" three tasks, since the limit is applied before the resistance, not after, so it becomes 5 - 2 = 3 (or 4 - 2 = 2 if the [X] is the final level)
irn0rchid
[X] is the level they're being summoned at (and so would appear as X+1). Spirits resist with Force number of dice, right?

I've never rolled high enough for limit to matter! So yeah, successes capped at 5, vs 2 resist, gives 3 tasks + 1 from Spirit Affinity. I'll edit accordingly. I only needed/wanted 1. smile.gif

Edit: Just went back and read the rules (helps!) and I totally missed the part where Spirit Whisperer flat adds 1 die to resistance. (And I'm not sure it's worth the 8 Karma now. nyahnyah.gif)

Edit2: Worked in the extra resist rolls. Spirits made 2/3, cause of course they did. 1 more drain. nyahnyah.gif
Imladir
Yep, but as I said it it doesn't change much I think, at worst you take a total of 2S more, and you lose a service. You don't lose a die since you'd be at 5S, and since you just need one service it doesn't matter.

But it can be important for some rolls later on so...
irn0rchid
Nod, definitely good to know. I hate how the descriptions of different abilities combine fluff and crunch while some have all the rules at the end, etc.

Anyway, post up. Lindsey is running a little scared at this point (from both the toxic and the strong people from the other camp being everywhere) and trying to shore up her power base. But then faced with the camp all using and enjoying the fruits of the small camps magical efforts, she felt the need to show off as well.
Gilga
@irn0rchid I was disappointed you picked psychokinesis instead of fear as the way to generate a table. wink.gif
Beta
QUOTE (Gilga @ Sep 7 2016, 07:54 PM) *
@irn0rchid I was disappointed you picked psychokinesis instead of fear as the way to generate a table. wink.gif

LOL!

I'm glad to see Lindsey taking on this leadership role smile.gif (One of several reasons I've been pushing Addie out of the main camp is to see how Lindsey will hold things together, should she stay. Although it would also be nice to have all of the PC together for a while).
Aria
No time to post IC, sorry, Rick will say something along the lines of "when did run or kill this fragger turn in to sit down with him for tea and cake? The princess is right, no way can you expect to reason with this guy! They are bat shit crazy and nothing they do will make sense to a rational person..."

Feel free to stick that up along with anything else on those lines. Simon will vote attack,Sim will follow Rick and it looks like, against his better judgment, he will be voting run with the mages tasked with watching their rear... Payment whatever the frag Maya wants!!!

This also neatly rejoins the two groups for a bit... If you agree...
Beta
Sorry for another wall of text. And again OOC I'm good with either decision, it is just Addie who has to get all in on whatever she is arguing for.

And I want to have her acknowledge and interact with Vexboy, but that post was already crazy long. Will try to work in Addie taking him aside to get to know him, and understand his thoughts. He is an important hole in her database, and she can always make sure that her notes outlive her.
Imladir
Artisan (wood work): 13d6t5 3, -1d for the distracting conditions
Could have gone better, but could have been a lot worse too. Promise, Cailin tried to avoid making a girly bow nyahnyah.gif
Imladir
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Sep 11 2016, 06:39 AM) *
"Ok so I guess i'll go... Scout.. Rick's." Vincent said aloud and walked to the perimeter of camp to see if he could spot the second camp.

I must say I don't understand that... Is that intended?
Imladir
A bit of flood, sorry :o

I know Cailin's last message is a bit of a mess, and it's more or less intended that way, to reflect the fact that to her on that matter, no decision is a good decision. Even if she doesn't really realise it.
Ennui
One of the girls that no one has seen since the first day is about to make an appearance. don't be surprised if she is interjected into an appropriate scene. So hurry up and get out of ricks camp =P
Imladir
Given the rhythm of the discussion, it's not going that way for now ^^
Aria
Just to make sure I've got it right

Tribunal:
Rick...waiting for now
Simon...attack
Sim...run
Addie...attack (didn't see that one coming smile.gif)
Lindsey...run

Maya...run or negotiate (not going to happen on Rick's watch! ...not unless you are incredibly persuasive! Oh, and don't expect the toxic to be a nice guy, just saying nyahnyah.gif)
Cailin...run I think?!?
Dana...attack? Not sure it has been expressed as such?
Vincent...?

I think he won't be too interested in Raf's position as he's not awakened, same for Summer...so that leaves us with Rick with the deciding vote which I as GM don't really want to impose nyahnyah.gif Perhaps Maya's group can swing it one way or the other for us???

Let me know before I start railroading this thing too much biggrin.gif
Gilga
Dana is voting with Maya and would like to negotiate. (So her vote is run).
This means that we have a majority to run.
Imladir
Cailin is "I don't want to fight him, but I can't let him continue to defile nature", which gives this mess where she jumps from one side of the debate to the other, depending on where it leans at the moment ^^
She will not run, she doesn't want to. She finds it suicidal to want to talk to a toxic shaman, no matter what the "plan" is. But she can't say (and maybe even think...) the toxic must be killed.

I must say I didn't expect her Pacifist disadvantage to get in the way like that :o
Cornered, she would agree to join the group to "take care" of the Toxic, but if she's not cornered, she will try to avoid it...While still saying that running and/or talking is a bad idea nyahnyah.gif
She doesn't hide much though, so anyone with an at least decent score in Judge Intention could probably figure this out.
Gilga
Well toxic shamans helped fight bug spirits in bug city. It is not impossible to speak to them. Yes they are insane and want to destroy the world or metahumanity. Yet, if that mage has no quarrel with us specifically - just with humanity. Perhaps we can still negotiate some arrangement. I suggested that path to allow some time in the spot light for our many socially skilled characters. We already had a dangerous combat where Dana had some badass time. The point is, someone that goes to negotiate should be capable of the task, without any of the socially skilled players lifting the glove it is not feasible anyhow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012