Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NSRCG - PC Windows Character Generation Program
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
mcmackie
QUOTE (Fahr)
something else nice that I was wanting (today) wink.gif

a way to spend becks karma on quickened spells or some other way to put a line in the gm-area or background to the effect of
I spent X karma on Y
where x was a number, and Y was a user entered text.

-Mike R.

It's in there (new version now posted).
mcmackie
QUOTE (Fortune)
mcmackie: I was wondering about the feasability of incorporating the purchase of Permits into NSRCG. Even better would be a way to tie them to specific SINs, but that sounds like a lot of work to me.

Also, would it be possible to either have the 'Books' default include all the canon SR3 releases, or maybe just a seperate 'SR3' button that would perform the same function?

Permits? Hmm. Okay there is an entry in the Firearms accessories for permits.. You'll still have to calculate the cost and determine if it's legal... If you were to type in the SIN in the description, you'd have the tie-in you want..
The default distribution is NOW all canon SR3 books. Save the Book.DAT file and you could reset at any time.
You are aware of the custom gear button, aren't you? That would have worked for the permits as well. smile.gif
mcmackie
QUOTE (Namergon)
Some annoying customer question :
- Is there a planning for integration of the latest M&M errata ?
- Is there a planning for integration of SSG lifestyle rules ?
- would it be feasible to have an option in the spells section to have a personal version of spells that could be relevant as personal ? I mean, I would be able to choose for instance the Armor spell, but I could also select it, then check some option that would make it "Armor (Personal)" wit hupdated stats, then I add it to my list ? At the moment, the only mean to do that would be to create a customized spell.
- several spells are specific but don't ask to specify. For instance Detect (Object). You have according to the rules to choose the specific object when learning the spell. In tool, it should ask to choose, but doesn't.

Less annoying question :
- to become a real customer, how could I send you some cash to support your efforts ?

edit : keyboards can ruin your day grinbig.gif

M&M errata now entered.
Looking into SSG lifestyle rules now...
Option for custom spell like that would be a bear! Crank up the DATeditor and mod the SPELLS.DAT to include your custom spells. As for the specific object problem, now fixed.
thanks! smile.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (mcmackie)
Permits? Hmm. Okay there is an entry in the Firearms accessories for permits.. You'll still have to calculate the cost and determine if it's legal... If you were to type in the SIN in the description, you'd have the tie-in you want..
The default distribution is NOW all canon SR3 books. Save the Book.DAT file and you could reset at any time.
You are aware of the custom gear button, aren't you? That would have worked for the permits as well. smile.gif

I am aware of the 'Custom Gear' feature. I was just curious about the possibility adding Permits to specific items in the same way that the program now gives the choice of adding a Smartlink. This way, the cost is already calculated in if you choose that option.

As to the changes you did make....thanks. smile.gif
Namergon
Cool ! A new version !
I'll download it ASAP.
Namergon
QUOTE (mcmackie)
As for the specific object problem, now fixed.
thanks!  smile.gif

In the same way, you should also fix the following spells:

Telekinetic Manipulation / Use (skill)
Transformation MAnipulation / Clean (Element)
Fahr
QUOTE (mcmackie)
QUOTE (Fahr @ Dec 11 2003, 10:13 AM)
something else nice that I was wanting (today) wink.gif

a way to spend becks karma on quickened spells or some other way to put a line in the gm-area or background to the effect of
I spent X karma on Y
where x was a number, and Y was a user entered text.

-Mike R.

It's in there (new version now posted).

where???

I can't find this feature in the one I downloaded today... but the date on the EXE is still 12/7... are you sure that you updated the zips on the site?

-Mike R.
mcmackie
Hmm. The Zip file was NOT updated... Should be fixed now.. Sorry frown.gif
Fahr
It's There Now, THanks, and it looks good! smile.gif

-Mike R. biggrin.gif
Fortune
While playing with NSRCG, I received a pop-up message that stated the new characters could only purchase 2 Maneuvers. This despite the fact that I had the appropriate Martial Art at 6. This, to my knowledge, is not a canon rule, so I was wondering why it was incorporated in the program.
mcmackie
QUOTE (Fortune)
While playing with NSRCG, I received a pop-up message that stated the new characters could only purchase 2 Maneuvers. This despite the fact that I had the appropriate Martial Art at 6. This, to my knowledge, is not a canon rule, so I was wondering why it was incorporated in the program.

cc.90...
while discussing character creation:
"At GM's discretion, characters may be allow to purchase a second for every two full skill points. The second manuver cost 8 karma (or 8 skill points during character creation)......"

There is no discussion of a third or usage of of the word "subsequent"... I took this to mean only two during character creation.... Given the horrific costs for the second manuver, I couldn't imagine anybody wanting a third.... sarcastic.gif

Are you saying that this interpretation is incorrect? smile.gif
Fortune
A character can purchase up to one maneuver for each 2 skill points he has in a Martial Art for 2 Build Points. If he wants to purchase more (for instance, a character with Wildcat 6, who already has 3 Maneuvers which cost him 2 BP each) without increasing his M. A. skill, it would cost him 8 B. P. for the extra Maneuver.

The quote "a second for every two full skill points" is in reference to the fact that the character could actually purchase a first Maneuver for every two skill points in the first place. smile.gif
toturi
By the way, Mac, has the Bioware section been updated to take into account for the new rules yet?
mcmackie
QUOTE (toturi)
By the way, Mac, has the Bioware section been updated to take into account for the new rules yet?

Yes, it should be M&M errata complete. thanks
Phaeton
I made a PC character who was a giant. And for some reason it says he has a cyber mod to BOD of +2, even though he has no cyber that would do this. O_o Is this a glitch, or just a weird system?
Erghitz
I had a little trouble trying to add extra NPC Magic points to a character. It just didn't want to increase it at all. Also when I initiated that character and it wouldn't raise the Magic either. I'm going to try and test it on my other computer when I get home.

Btw, are you still working on the SR3 Tracker program?

-- Erghitz
Erghitz
Also in the XML character sheets when it adds the condition monitor the link is incorrect. C:\Program Files\NSRCG\xml\condmon2.gif is how it currently reads when in actuality it's supposed to be C:\Program Files\NSRCG\xml\condmon2.bmp

*loads up photoshop*

-- Erghitz
mcmackie
QUOTE (Erghitz)
I had a little trouble trying to add extra NPC Magic points to a character. It just didn't want to increase it at all. Also when I initiated that character and it wouldn't raise the Magic either. I'm going to try and test it on my other computer when I get home.

Btw, are you still working on the SR3 Tracker program?

-- Erghitz

Have you tried the NoRules Mode? Thanks, I'll look into the other items...
Erghitz
Yes. That's how I did it. Rules were off and the NPC's only Dialogue was up. I tried adding magic points and it listed it as a race modifier but it never ended up adding it to the total magic. When I initiated two grades with the character I noticed it did not add the Magic to the total either. I have the latest version of the program downloaded probably 6 hours ago.

-- Erghitz
mcmackie
QUOTE (Erghitz)
Yes. That's how I did it. Rules were off and the NPC's only Dialogue was up. I tried adding magic points and it listed it as a race modifier but it never ended up adding it to the total magic. When I initiated two grades with the character I noticed it did not add the Magic to the total either. I have the latest version of the program downloaded probably 6 hours ago.

-- Erghitz

Okay, I'll look into it and the Giants problem as well.
Wonazer
Is it just me, or are numbers going awry? I choose a skill using the standard method. Then when I go to add more points, somehow I lose approximately 1/10000th of a whole number. My skills then read something similar to this (the numbers change...)

Biotech/First Aid 0.9999299/1.99999944

What is going on?
Phaeton
Thanks McMackie! biggrin.gif
toturi
You might want to remove the "Bioware cannot be geased" line on the Bioware page, while you take a break from debugging.
Austere Emancipator
This is a Priority Z issue, and it actually falls under "deviating from 3rd Ed orthodoxy", but I thought I'd ask anyway now that the ShadowRun Dice Roller supports D8:

Is there any chance that, at some point in the future, the ShadowRun Dice Roller might be changed in such a way as to allow it to understand extra successes with one die, please? Any of the common variations of this would be great, such as Extra Success For Every 6 Over TN or Extra Success For Every 10 Over TN or Extra Success For Every Extra 6 That Is Rolled, etc.

I use the first of the above 3 systems, and that's the only reason I don't use the Dice Roller. Otherwise it would be great for my purposes.

Anyhow, because it is after all a non-canon thing, and there are far more pressing issues with SRCG, I completely understand if this isn't going to be included any time soon/at all.
BlackSmith
can we see update now when errata for Bioware affecting magic attribute has came out?
Namergon
The latest version already takes the M&M errata into account, AFAIK.
Fahr
found a new bug (don't you love me)

create a mage using becks.
finalize
add karma (15)
goto magic and add spells to using the 14 karma you now have to spend
go back to karma page
change karma to 16 and click set
go back to magic page.
Lo you have 15 unspent karma and all the spells you bought with the 14 earlier.

-Mike R.
Grey
Thats not a bug, thats a feature.
Tanka
Overflow error.

I tried putting in 46000 as the starting karma for BeCKS (Just to be silly) and got that.

Any way you can use a "bigger" vartype for numbers just in case an insane GM decides to do this with his players?

IIRC, var double should be able to go pretty far above the 46000 that I put in, let alone the 64000 I was supposed to put in.

http://www.cybermanced.net/oops.jpg

Screenshot of error.

Yeah, I know, you've updated. I'm lazy. biggrin.gif
Tiralee
McMackie! Thanks for the Little "Caseless" option, made my day.

TirL;
toturi
Don't know if this has been reported already. I tried to make a Shamanic Magician Adept but my spell points dropped from 36 to 25.

And I tried to make a cyclops charactor recently, but every time I reload the unfinished version, his Body mystreriously dropped by 1.
Fortune
The Cultured version of Tailored Pheromones (in the Cultured section) are reduced in Bio-Index if the 'Cultured' choice is selected. They are already cultured, so no BI discount should occur.
simonw2000
Remember to update, mcmackie!
BewilderedGM
Used the search feature fro this question but it only points to the thread not wich post I should look into.

When I finalize a char and then print it to HTML the gear section is wrong. Its like only the last pieces of gear appear (or something to that effect). When I load the char up in NSRCG I get the complete list but if I would print it to paper from HTML the list is buggy.

What to do? nyahnyah.gif
mcmackie
QUOTE (BewilderedGM)
When I finalize a char and then print it to HTML the gear section is wrong. Its like only the last pieces of gear appear (or something to that effect). When I load the char up in NSRCG I get the complete list but if I would print it to paper from HTML the list is buggy.

What to do? nyahnyah.gif

NOT BUGGY! biggrin.gif The program will split the gear IF the number of items is so large (about 40) that it won't fit into a section neatly. The rest of the gear is printed in a separate HTML page called gear.html Goto your HTML sheet, click on the Gear link and that will take you there.
BewilderedGM
uhm nope, but maybe i have the wrong version?

Downloaded it 4 days ago and havent looked for updates if theres any.

I'd be happy to mail ya a char if need be.

Fahr
if you print it to xml, then view output it will be all together with either choice in the print menu.

-Mike R.
BewilderedGM
QUOTE (Fahr @ Jan 15 2004, 12:38 PM)
if you print it to xml, then view output it will be all together with either choice in the print menu.

-Mike R.

Still no, I have this NPC troll sam that the players know kinda well and Ive bought pretty large amounts of gear for him. The only things showing up is the add ons for his armor

EDIT
gaaaaahhhhhhh
its only cause the rest of the gear is listed on other parts of the html / xml sheet
twirl.gif
hence my posting name biggrin.gif
mcmackie
you mean weapons in the weapon section, armor in the armor section etc... ?
Okay, great no problems! biggrin.gif
BewilderedGM
excactly....as is well biggrin.gif
Tanka
OK, two really odd problems.

1) If you begin a new character, if you had one from before, Edges and Flaws stay.

2) The Cyberear's free Essence isn't adding up. I've got a Dampener (.10), Hearing Amp (.20), and the Spatial Recognizer (.20), and it's taking off an extra .10 Essence. Bad math or I just need to update?
Fortune
The Cybereye still includes the Smartlink Induction Pad in it's list of things to discount. While the Eye Display and Rangefinder are understandable, I see no reason why the Induction Pad would be included.
Tanka
OK, nevermind, found the problem. Subdermal Speakers count as ear mods. Ehe...
mcmackie
New version posted! Working backward through the bug list:
The Cybereye still includes the Smartlink Induction Pad in it's list of things to discount.

Fixed.
) If you begin a new character, if you had one from before, Edges and Flaws stay.
2) The Cyberear's free Essence isn't adding up. I've got a Dampener (.10), Hearing Amp (.20), and the Spatial Recognizer (.20), and it's taking off an extra .10 Essence. Bad math or I just need to update?

1) Fixed. 2) You have NO cyberear listed. Those are mods to a cyberear. Buy a cyber ear and you'll get the 'free essense' cost then.
The Cultured version of Tailored Pheromones (in the Cultured section) are reduced in Bio-Index if the 'Cultured' choice is selected. They are already cultured, so no BI discount should occur.

Right. Fixed. Had incorrect variable.
Don't know if this has been reported already. I tried to make a Shamanic Magician Adept but my spell points dropped from 36 to 25.
And I tried to make a cyclops charactor recently, but every time I reload the unfinished version, his Body mystreriously dropped by 1.

I need more information like exactly what were the steps you did, what creation system, etc..
The Troll dermal armor bug has been found and fixed.
McMackie! Thanks for the Little "Caseless" option, made my day.

You're welcome biggrin.gif
Overflow error. I tried putting in 46000 as the starting karma for BeCKS (Just to be silly) and got that.

Fixed. Max limit is now 10,000. Anything more will reset to 0.
Bug: changing karma will reset spent points. Thanks Mike R! Okay, now you have to finalize before changing karma points again. Think "Finalize" == "Commit changes"
Is there any chance that, at some point in the future, the ShadowRun Dice Roller might be changed in such a way as to allow it to understand extra successes with one die, please? Any of the common variations of this would be great, such as Extra Success For Every 6 Over TN or Extra Success For Every 10 Over TN or Extra Success For Every Extra 6 That Is Rolled, etc.

Okay, new version has option (see menu) to allow extra successes. Default is OFF. I don't mind modifying the dice roller but CANNOT modify the NSRCG to allow house rules (I"d be here doing nothing but programing this thing, sorry frown.gif ) This does NOT pay my bills.
You might want to remove the "Bioware cannot be geased" line on the Bioware page, while you take a break from debugging.

done.

Fixed. Or it should be wink.gif

It should be completely M&M errata correct. If not, please notify me.
The quote "a second for every two full skill points" is in reference to the fact that the character could actually purchase a first Maneuver for every two skill points in the first place. 

Okay, this should be correct as well.
In the same way, you should also fix the following spells:
Telekinetic Manipulation / Use (skill)
Transformation MAnipulation / Clean (Element)

Fixed.
NOTE: there is a NEW DAT file: Lifestyle.DAT If you do not put this file in the DAT directory, the program will crash! <=========

Let me know if there are any other bugs!
Grey
eek.gif notworthy.gif eek.gif

Thats quite a list of bug fixes. Nice work man!
Tanka
Actually, mcmackie, I had the Cyberear, I just didn't list it here. The reason it wasn't adding up was because I had a subvocal speaker (which is an ear mod. I never knew that).
Grey
QUOTE (tanka)
Actually, mcmackie, I had the Cyberear, I just didn't list it here. The reason it wasn't adding up was because I had a subvocal speaker (which is an ear mod. I never knew that).

I'm going to assume that you actually ment subdermal speaker.
Tanka
Shush! wink.gif
Grey
McMackie, I found a problem with the new install package. It puts the new DAT file (the Lifestyle one) into the NSRCG folder, rather than into NSRCG\Data.
Tanka
QUOTE (mcmackie)
NOTE: there is a NEW DAT file: Lifestyle.DAT If you do not put this file in the DAT directory, the program will crash! <=========

Going blind, Grey? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012