Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: SR4-First Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Slacker
Well paper towels and such would be up near the front (L21 - O21 on the grid). But you think you can see some clothes racks just beyond Statice (L14 - O14 on the grid).

Now that you have armor on you probably didn't take that box of stun damage from the shelves, but go ahead and add your Impact armor to that roll, just to make sure.
gobogen
Hum.. all right.
[ Spoiler ]

Also forgot: two points of Mystic Armor
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Almost didn't make it there, but all you needed was more success. So you were able to avoid taking any stun damage.

The Map has been updated with Taku's movement.
Wintermancer
What's the black stuff on the map represent?

Winter

Combat Turn 2 Initiative:
[ Spoiler ]
gobogen
Hmm.. no it hasn't. Maybe you haven't uploaded it yet.

Edit: Maybe it was just me, sorry. Well, it sure is fine now.
Slacker
QUOTE (gobogen)
Hmm.. no it hasn't. Maybe you haven't uploaded it yet.

Maybe try refreshing it. It's showing as updated when I load it up.
Slacker
QUOTE (Wintermancer)
What's the black stuff on the map represent?

As I mentioned somewhere when I first added the stripes, they are to indicate difficult ground as products from various shelves have been blasted to pieces with gunfire.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, some SR4 questions before I post my second simple action:

-What penalties do aiming for a certain body part (the head, in this case) give?
-What bonuses does the Manhunter's laser sight provide?
Slacker
Called Shot:
[ Spoiler ]

So basically you could either use a called shot to the head to increas the DV of your shot (suffering an equal negative modifier to your dice pool), or you could use a called shot to the head to avoid the armor (suffering a negative modifier to the dice pool equal to your opponents armor).

The laser sight gives you a +1 modifier on your dice pool (not compatible with smartlink).
netlich
Well looks like I made it back in one piece and in time- much rejuvenated... And DarHar is still
alive!!!

So here's my initiative roll first of all...
[ Spoiler ]

4 successes for whooping 13 initiative.

Now - question time...Is Zany wearing armour? And do I need to roll something to check this out? It might be worth getting off a few shots at her with my Viper before I change weapons - if she goes down the beastie might be "easier" to deal with (NOTE : jot this down in my "favourite last words" list)

I take it I got 3 phases to act this turn right?
Slacker
Well really, you haven't seen enough of Zany to tell more than she's wearing some skimpy clothes and a long coat. Currently she is crouched down behind that island countertop so you can't really see much of her. You have to move to a better position and use up a Simple Action to Observe in Detail to be able to tell whether or not any of her clothing is armored.

With your Wired Reflexes II turned on you do now have 3 Initiative Passes. (If you survive that long, hehe)
Slacker
Just as an update:
I am currently waiting for HMHVV Hunter to post what Crosshairs is doing with his final Simple Action, whether he is trying to Observe in Detail or shoot at Spike.
I am also still needing Initiative rolls for the new Combat Turn for Crosshairs, Taku, and Zelda.
Whizbang
[ Spoiler ]
gobogen
Initiative 13 (10 dice rolled, 3 successes)
HMHVV Hunter
Ok, I'm going to shoot at this guy. Called shot to the head in an effort to bypass armor. What's the penalty?
Slacker
Spike is wearing an armored jacket so that would be -8 to your dice pool, also if you are firing from cover there is and an addition -1 modifier, and yet another modifier of -2 for the range. So a total of -11 if you are shooting from cover or -10 if you step out into the open.
HMHVV Hunter
Alright, shooting for the guy's head to bypass the armor.

Dice: 5 (agility) + 4 (Pistols) + 1 (autoloaders specialty) + 1 (aptitude: Pistols) + 1 (laser sight) + 2 (adept power: Improved Ability (Pistols) = 14

Penalties: - 8 (bypassing 8 points of armor), -2 (long range), -1 (firing behind cover).

Total dice: 3

Using an Edge to gain 3 extra dice.

Here goes:

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Looks like you were ineffective, Spike got 2 successes. Which means you got a glancing blow with no damage.
Time to roll your Initiative for the new Combat Turn
HMHVV Hunter
Initiative:

Score: 8
Roll: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5

Total: 10 + 1 extra pass
Slacker
Ok, here's the Initiative order for the new Combat Turn:

Spirit of Beasts: 16

Tempty: 15

Taku: 13
DarHar: 13
Bruce: 13

Zelda: 12
Maddie: 12
SlicerDicer: 12

Wiley: 11
Catcher: 11

Crosshairs: 10
Rydell: 10
Timmy: 10

Wanda: 9
Zany: 9

Mrs. Needles: 8
Mr. Nick: 8
Jack: 8
Angie: 8
Spike: 8

Johnny: 8, glitched

Static: 7

Louis Needles: 6
Slacker
So the Spirit is up first: It is going to run over to DarHar. As it is running it becomes apparent that its feet aren't touching the ground at all as it rises upward to eventually stop a few inches above teh island countertop DarHar was standing behind.

As it reaches DarHar, it attacks him with clawed hands scoring 4 successes. Now there are four ways to defend against Melee attacks:
1) You can parry if you had a melee weapon in hand using Reaction + the weapon skill. (But you don't have a melee weapon out, so you can't use this currently)
2) You can try to block by using Reaction + Unarmed Combat Skill (in your case that would be part of the Close Combat Group)
3) You can try to dodge by using Reaction + Dodge Skill
4) You can go on full defense, sacrificing your next Complex Action, and rolling either Reaction + (Dodge x 2), or Reaction + Dodge + melee combat skill, or Reaction + (Melee combat skill x 2).

Shalimar, while we are waiting to find out what happens with the Spirit and DarHar, feel free to post Tempty's actions.
Shalimar
Tempty will move forward 3 meters to K14 (getting out of the isle with Static in it)
For her simple actions, she is going to fire at Wiley twice more.

-1 (Medium Range), -2(covered in sticky goo), -1(Behind Cover), -6(Bypassing Armor) = 17-10 = 7

1st shot
[ Spoiler ]

2nd shot 6 dice (-1 from recoil)
[ Spoiler ]
netlich
okey - go for block :

[ Spoiler ]

giving me 4 successes

Q: Is it worth rerolling (using edge) in order to get more successes than the beastie got? Would that rule I blocked and get no wounds?
Shalimar
The defender wins on ties netlich, with a total of 4 successes you should be fine. Did you figure in your reach, out of curiosity?
netlich
I am just a dumb troll and I knows I can reach far... smile.gif

Seriously I do not know how that would come into play - what are the rules for reach...And I will prolly need some info on mellee as it might turn out I might do better if I get a spur or two out and teach that thing a lesson about materialising in the wrong place and wrong time...

some questions on cybermellee:

What do I roll? I guess it is gonna be Close Combat again but is it with Reaction or Strenght or what?

Does Bone Lacing give some extra bonus to the retractable spur damage?

Is a mellee attack a single complex action?

What else should I ask? wink.gif
Slacker
edit: Ooops...for some reason I was thinking he got 5 successes. Shalimar is correct. You were able to block the attack.

I had also forgotten your natural Reach. With Reach you could have given him a -1 modifier on the dice pool or you can add +1 to your own dice pool.
Slacker
By the way, in SR4 melee the defender cannot damage the attacker. There also are no rules for two-weapon melee fighting.

As I think I mentioned to you once (or maybe it was a different player), the only thing Bone Lacing does for melee is make it do physical damage, that is it.

When your turn comes you could attack him with your spurs using your Close Combat Skill Group + Agility and you can apply your Reach as a bonus to your dice pool or a negative to his dice pool.

And yes, Melee Attacks are Complex Action.s
Slacker
Dammit...I forgot my notes on the NPC's at work. Guess I'll just wing it. Looks like Wiley is about to die anyways.

Wiley only got 1 success to dodge the first shot, so the DV is 7. And he got 1 successes to resist the damage so he takes 6 boxes of damage, putting him at 11 boxes and so he falls to the ground dieing.

So Tempty did not fire the second shot at him and has a Simple Action left.

While I am waiting to here what Tempty is doing with the other Simple Action she now has, let's hear what actions Taku and DarHar will be taking.
Shalimar
Tempty will use the other simple action to shoot at Zany. I have no clue on the modifiers. but I don't believe either of us would have cover to each other.
Slacker
Tempty currently has partial cover from Zany, so you will still suffer the -1 modifier.
Zany has no cover from you though, so no modifier there.
Zany is just barely withing short range, so no modifier there.
However, you will be suffering -2 modifier because she is your second target.
You'll also be suffering the -1 modifier for recoil.
And the -2 modifier for the glob on your face.
Shalimar
17-6(bypassing armor)-6(previously stated modifiers)
5 Dice
+4 Dice, spend Edge (2 points left) (invokes rule of 6s)

[ Spoiler ]

6 Hits
Slacker
Wow. Rolling 4 dice and adding 2 Edge she got a whopping 8 successes eek.gif , talk about being lucky. Looks like she was able to dodge out of the way of your bullet with ease.
And for the first time I rolled a 1 for collateral damage, so nothing else happened.
gobogen
Edit: oops double post
gobogen
Taku's intentions are to get to Static and smack him down with his fists. I'm not sure how safe it is to go faster than walking but walking should let him reach the troll in time to attack him. Again, I'm not sure on the rolls but I believe it is Agility + Skill (??) Need to know how he uses his reach if I can reach him.
netlich
Not being funny but I am the troll and I aint crazy wink.gif Static is human but crazy wink.gif If I read the descriptions right ...

Anyway tell if I am wrong:

DarHar, pissed off, raises the Viper and lets go two shots straight to the beastie at point blank!
Don't know if I got any modifiers but here goes:

First Shot 13 dice (8 weapons spec.,2 smartlink, 3 Agility) and uses one Edge to invoke rule of sixes and add 2 dice
[ Spoiler ]

Ok so I got 8 successes or 9 if I can keep exlpoding the dice as long as I get sixes-dman I was waitting for more...

Ok and the second hit with 12 dice -1 for second shot:
[ Spoiler ]

Five successes here...

Again if more modifiers apply take them out from bottom up... (Which will piss me off but hey that's the rules wink.gif )
Slacker
@gobogen:
[ Spoiler ]

@netlich:
[ Spoiler ]

@Shalimar:
[ Spoiler ]

@ALL:
[ Spoiler ]
gobogen
Sorry about the human/troll error, I guess I was too tired when I wrote this. OK, well here goes the roll.
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@gobogen:
[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
Dodge Test 6 Dice (Just Reaction)
[ Spoiler ]

2 Hits
Slacker
@Shalimar: Figured you'd dodge that, but I wanted to give him the chance to hurt his killer.
And I rolled a 1 for collateral damage, so nothing extra happened.
Slacker
Ok, nobody can see what Bruce is doing still, so on to Zelda's turn.
Whizbang
She's continuing her work with the system. Don't think we want Lone Star crashing our party quite yet. smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@Whizbang:
[ Spoiler ]

@Wintermancer:
[ Spoiler ]

@HMHVV Hunter:
[ Spoiler ]

@ALL: All of a sudden, every light in the entire store goes out. The ones near Static and Taku had been flickering a bit after the one light fixture had come crashing down, but you can't tell if this was caused by that at all.

@Whizbang:
[ Spoiler ]

Oh and then its Catcher and....oh wait, Wiley's dead....guess its just a Catcher's turn next. He simply says something under his breadth that sounds like "Stupid b#$%&!"
Then he blindly fires at Tempty who he spotted as she fired at Wiley and then Zany. He's at some pretty hefty negative modifiers since he is blind (-6) and firing from cover and the range, but he's use Edge to add dice. Ouch on 3 dice he got 4 successes. And because you can't see the shot coming there is no defense. You can just roll to resist the damage using Body + Ballistic Armor - 1 from the AP of the shotgun. DV is 7 so you would need that many successes to stage it completely away.

And while we are waiting to discover the aftermath of those actions, let's hear what Crosshairs and Rydell plan on doing.
Shalimar
Ouch, um, since I havent used my free action yet, I figured my free action would be to activate my eye-cyber (Low Light or Thermo whichever fits the most) Would I still not see it coming in that case?

Assuming I still don't get a chance to dodge, even with the eye enhancements:

6 Dice Armor Jacket
3 Dice Body
1 Die Toughness
4 Dice Edge (1 Pt Edge left)

[ Spoiler ]

8 Hits, If this keeps up, I'll be out of edge rather quickly. I think the best policy with edge, at least in general is going to have to be save it for defense, otherwise, blowing it on offense is rather risky since the enemy can still beat you making your use, useless. I think it'll end up being an attrition thing, save up your edge for defense, and simply try to throw so many bullets at the enemy that they cannot use edge on all of them, sort of Plink away at their health. Then again I am just using a pistol as opposed to Shotguns, etc, if something has a high enough damage code it might change things.
Slacker
@Shalimar: Good point about the cyber. As all of the lights have gone out and there is no light coming in from outside due to the storm, Thermo would be the best and even then you are at a -3 modifier.
Because you were distracted by the lights shutting off and activating your Thermgraphic vision, and he is quite a ways off to your left and out of your field of vision, you probably still weren't aware of the attack.
You forgot to subtract 1 from your roll because of the AP (Armor Penetration of the shotgun), but you were still able to resist all of the damage with your 8 successes.

@All: By the way, I don't think I mentioned it previously, but being shot from behind does not all for any defense at all, just the damage resistance roll. In which case, I really need to add something to the map to indicate just where people are facing. I'll see if I can thing of something for that.
For most of you it will be pretty obvious where you are facing, but everbody go ahead and tell me which direction you are facing.
gobogen
Towards Static, but generally trying to stay aware of what's going on all around. Low-Light Vision (natural) and Vision Magnification.
Slacker
@gobogen: Not enough light in here for even low-light now.

@Shalimar:
[ Spoiler ]
HMHVV Hunter
Is there an updated map available, by chance?
Slacker
Well let's see......does the Map look updated?

By the way, any time I update the map you can click on any link to it anywhere in this thread, just be sure to click Refresh to make sure its not loading from your cache.

As can be seen on the newly updated map, i've colored everybody's circular icon half-and-half. The ugly color universal to all of them is to indicate the character's back.
HMHVV Hunter
Alright. Thanks.

Here's what I'm doing:

Switching on thermographic vision (adept power), then marching towards Spike, guns raised towards him. I'm going to fire at Spike.

I'm not sure what sort of an action movement is - simple or complex - nor do I know what the maximum distance you can walk is.

Also, what's the penalty for firing two weapons at once if you have the ambidexterity quality?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012