Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: SR4-First Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Shalimar
I gues shadowrunners are paranoid, and this guy comes up to her talking about a piece of biz from the night before, that she has only told to her boyfriend/fixer and Hammer. If he knows about it, then he has to have been following her. If he knows about that, then he knows about the job they pulled, and that could get her geeked, so he had better expect for it to get him geeked if he isn't careful.
netlich
I am not playing devil's advocate here but if Tzaz supposed he knew us from before then a gruff character like him might easily come up with such an opening line...Also our discussion would probably heavily depended on the ambient and backgorund music which could give us some provacy...

Then again with the technology of Shadowrun and the shadow ettiquette, talking this way in a club would probably be out of the question ... 'Sides, this is why we agreed I dropped dDarHar so as to play a slightly more professional version of him.

So I would have to end up siding with Slacker & Tempty on this. Naming names, places and giving specific info out in public is a bad idea to start up a conversation with a Shadowrunner...Unless you are looking at getting aqauinted with the wrong end of his weapons smile.gif

Dunno my 2 cents of thoughts smile.gif

I am still finalising Hammer so even if I don't have a commlink I will put it in now for the sake of the story smile.gif
Tzaz
Slacker:
Im not a shadowrunner per se. Im a paramedic. I waited till the Troll/Tempty conversation was stopped, I was polite.
Im going to my end of the bar and drink/think. Im also going to listen in on the Tempty conversation. Perception 7(10).

Shalimar
Even just a handheld unit is fine, the only difference is whether it can be taken away, you don't need to actually have one implanted, but most everyone has a commlink of some kind.
netlich
Edit : I need to re-read the book on commlinks- Why would I need one? For the sake of communications between teams? Is that standard procedure or is there some easier way to have a simpler chrome component that need not give me access to the Matrix? I am a bit confused now....Sorry I will try and sort it out in my head but I could use some pointers... smile.gif
netlich
My previous version of the sheet had a handheld one mainly used for as phone ...Bu thtis aint DarHar so I need to reconsider....

smile.gif

In essense what I am interested in is how "open" will that leave me to hackers? smile.gif Otherwise I will probably add a basic internal commlink....

Cold-Dragon
A commlink can be set up to serve as many things, but the most common is basically a home/business computer, your back accounts (as far as confirming its you and tallying), phone, spam-receiver, etc, etc.

It's just about anything, lol. Active mode means you will note many things and aren't 'hiding' from them either. Passive means you're not hiding, but people would have to try and confirm you (subscribe or whatever) to get more active with ya. It's the polite form of 'I'm not interested in multicolor tofu, thank you.'.

Hidden mode is the overcoat and the hate with black shades. people have to actually search you our or they won't detect you. Naturally, subscribing them tends to void that unless you're hacking. Some areas have a 'No' policy to hiding.

As far as hackers go, they'd have to get into your system. a basic system without protections is at mercy, but if you know some decent techies, they will probably give you some protection, lol. Worse case, you flip the off switch and become immune by becoming nonexistant.

that sort of thing. *goes to read now*
Cold-Dragon
Making checks for a watcher spirit. 8 dice:
5 successes O_o

Lowering it to 2 successes for 2hours, resisting drain of 2, 8 dice:
3 successes. no drain suffered.

Perception checks of some sort may be needed if ghostie gets to close to fellow runners, fyi.
netlich
Ok I go tme a commlink...Question number 3....I pay for the internal commlink, Ipay fo rthe model, do I need to pay for th eoperating system as well? Are these th ebare minimums I need and all else is extra? I think I only calculated the commlink and the model not the OS...
Cold-Dragon
OS is also a separate buy, and again you could possibly get something decent if you got a techi friend, but an OS is the bigger part of things, so that's less likely.

Beyond that, I would recommend getting the common use programs at least. nyahnyah.gif lol. You should read the commlink section really.
Tzaz
Jack assumes tempty is a gunslinger based on Wang Chi description.
Looking for weapons. 7(9)

Jack checks out the troll. Assume he was the masked vigalante from stuffer shack.
lokking for weapons 7(9).

If things get tight, go Invisible, and get out of club. Otherwise order more beer.
Slacker
@Tzaz: Since I believe their intention was to communicate via commlink, there really wasn't anything for you to over hear, even if they were talking to each other they would have tried to do so quietly since you were still in the club, that combined with the noise of the club would mean you wouldn't have been able to pick up on much if anything. Doesn't much matter as they were just saying that they were going to go to the backroom and you can easily figure that out by watching them get up and head towards the back.
About the perceiving of concealed items....I'm actually not using the official rules on this because it would require you to roll seperately for each item concealed and based on the modifier I give you you could come fairly close to guessing just what it is they are hiding (though that would be metagaming). In stead of giving a negative dice pool modifier based on the size of the item, I am increasing the threshold needed to detect it.
Using this house rule, you did not notice any pistols concealed on Tempty, but you think you may have noticed something hard and straight in her boot, though that may just be some sort of odd design (at least I don't see your character as being up on women's footwear fashion/design).
If I'm not mistaken Mark checked any weapons he was carrying at the door, but with that roll, I will say you notice some tears in his gloves. Could be just old gloves, or maybe something more.
(Oh and I'm taking it that it's your character that thinks Mark is the masked crusader from the Stuffer Shack incident, because in reality its not.)
There is no message from Wang Chi for you, nor is there any activity from him on any of his usual matrix haunts.

@netlich: The main functionality of a commlink besides general communication with the outside is providing a connection and security to various equipment you have on you. For instance, your cyber-ware smartlink and your guns' smartlink are wirelessly connected. Without a commlink they are still wirelessly connected, but their firewall rating is typically going to be lower than if you had a commlink so it would make them easier to hack. It is possible to add the skinlink to both the smartlink cyberwear and the gun so that they can talk without wireless, but really that is still meant to be controlled via a commlink.
Don't forget you can load up your commlink and/or each device with IC if you want. You can also buy an Encryption program to make all your devices use encrypted signals (technically you should have to buy one program per device, but i would go ahead and let you just buy one Encryption program for all your devices). The encryption won't make it impossible to hack, but it will add one more step before it can be hacked, and in a combat situation that is just one more step too many in most cases.
The OS is a separate purchase, but it is a necessary purchase to make the device function. It's kind of like buying a PC in modern day without buying Windows or some other operating system. You could spend thousands on all the hardware, but without the operating system its just the worlds biggest paperweight.

@Shalimar: Most bars/clubs have a backroom that they let out to private parties (especially in Shadowrun). So its fine for you and Mark the Hammer to go back there to talk privately. Though you'll get kicked out if anybody else has to use it and the employee that lets you back there does tell you that a private party is scheduled for sometime tonight.

@Cold-Dragon: There are no details on this club so I rolled a random d6 to see if the private room was warded at all. With the owner of the place being a fixer it seems quite logical that he might have a ward put on the room. And because the die came up as a 6 it looks like the room is in fact warded. It will take a moment for you to get tired of just silence from your watcher before you ask it what is going on and it informs you that they went beyond a ward.
Cold-Dragon
eek. A private room. I guess I missed a sentence, lol...understood.
Tzaz
Slacker:
Yes i am assuming that Mark is DarHar. A Spatial Recognizer [p. 325] does not help overhearing conversations?
Cold-Dragon
A sound filter certainly would, I don't know about the other...heh..

But going on to other things, Celia is debating pulling the 'I need to return a troll friends broken commlink and apologize for busting it.' To try and get into the back room, or at least get one/both of them back out. She's hoping a little more tact and selective information will make them more workable.
So what sort of checks would you like in that situation?
Tzaz
Slacker: you can run the pet rock. Cold dragon is very good talking to her spirit. I am not.
netlich
Well the idea is that Jack will be joinning us in the private room...I haven't post anything and I guess Shalimar hadn't either as we were expecting a heads up on whether it was doable and a room was empty...Now we have to convince the dwarf to come to a small room away form public!!!! Hmmmm... wink.gif

Should I go ahead and post Mark trying to convince Jack to join them in the private room or is Tempty going to do something else?
Cold-Dragon
QUOTE (Tzaz)
Slacker: you can run the pet rock. Cold dragon is very good talking to her spirit. I am not.

*bows* thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry your Pet Rock isn't as talkative as my rat eater. Although now that it's being stated aloud so much, I might find myself doubling spirit duties. O_o

Not that I would mind, but still, be funny in my eyes. ^-^ lol

As to Jacks invitation, despite knowing, Celia will probably still try to use the commlink to get in too. Darn those metagame limitations (I jest, of course).
Shalimar
Yea, I just wanted to know if it was doable to get the room. Once she found out, she was going to go talk to Jack and ask him to come with her and discuss Wang Chi in private since he thought it was so important that he was willing to just blurt stuff out in public.

Since they are all inside the club, presumably, they all came through security, just like jack had to all check their weapons. So relatively speaking it should be safe.
Cold-Dragon
Well, guess I don't really need to seduce the bartender person. ^-^ Not that I would have 'seduced' seduced. But hey, we'll see!
netlich
Let me guess this straight as I am a bit confused - Now Tempty is angered and talking in public too giving names and saying she is a runner?

Can we take a pause and give some backdrop info on the joint we are in? Is this a regular haunt where no out-of-the-shadows types would not regularly drop in to listen?

To be honest I would personally consider giving names, or info about your runner status or jobs as not something to be done in public...Of course some people (like Mark) do look like the shadowrunning type so he does have a problem there no matter how "pro" he tries to sound - especially once you count the fact he isn't charismatic in talking...

In any case how about we solve some of these issues OOC before we continue IC? As much as I like roleplaying a pro character I also like to metagame a bit especially in starting a module and ensuring that the characters DO get totgether and cooparate - I am also roleplaying a Shadowrunning Razorboy Troll who has been around for a few rans and survived while still having a valid SIN number so there are a few lines I will not cross in the way Mark is roleplayed if he has indeed managed to ruffle corp's feathers and still be out there getting jobs...

Or perhaps I am exaggerating things?

Cold-Dragon
Well, true, a little bit for team cooperation might not hurt. Otherwise....

It sounds like it's a relatively busy club we're in, yes? Depending on the noise or how loud people are actually being, it'd be somewhat hard to hear, even with filtering, There are limits.

Slacker will either figure out something, or we'll figure out something ourselves. At this rate, I wouldn't put it against those present to pick up Tzaz (literally), put him on the shoulder, and walk him into the room.
netlich
Yeah but at the same time there is the "Don't shoot the messanger" slightly altered scenario - somebody had to somehow get us together and poor Tzaz got the worst of it by the looks of it...At the same time he was working on some assumptions IC and OOC which I personally can understand how they drove him to approach us in such a blunt and perhaps unprofessional way....Besides if the guy is not a shadowrunner he has to get the "baptism of fire" so to say some day... So perhaps things are going ok at the moment if we keep a good hold on them in character but out of character as well...

Which means I overreacted smile.gif smile.gif

Tzaz
assumptions:
Mark is DarHar.
Tempty is a friend of Wang Chi.
Celia is a friend of Wang Chi.
Wang Chi did not make it back from the Stuffer shack.
I know the resumes of Tempty, Taku, Rydell, Zelda, Crosshairs.
I am a paramedic and this is my first "conversation " with Shadowrunners.
Aku
Slacker asked me to post this since he's still at work and can't access dumpshock:
Sorry about the lack of posts and/or assistance, I was probably finding the roleplaying interaction between players a bit too amusing and i had a busy weekend again. I am currently trying to think of something to try to smooth over the introduction by giving Jack advice through his pet rock and/or some kind of incident in the club that might bring you closer together.
I'll try to come up with something shortly and post it during my lunch break, but if i run out of time you'll have to wait until this evening to hear anything more. One thing, I will say out now is that there is a corner booth that a group just got up from. It definitely isn't as private as a room would be, but at least you would have a nice field of vision on anybody trying to watch you or listening in on the conversation (You could also call in another of the team to watch your backs from the crowd). I'll also point out that Jack mentioned that he was concerned about Wang Chi. This may have brought home to your character's that you haven't heard from him at all during the day and it was a bit odd that he didn't come inside the Stuffer Shack to help out when the gun fire broke out.
Tzaz
these are my characters [Jacks] assumptions
I am supposed to have a very high loyality factor to Wang Chi.
Cold-Dragon
you may have 'high loyalty', but that isn't something the characters know ICly, and it doesn't mean the runners would be any nicer to a friend of Wang Chi's when they introduce themselves without running through him.
netlich
I will include this next time I write an IC post but Mark pauses a bit sending a message via his commlink to all the poeple he knows are involved with Wang Chi and himself in the ran and later got involved in the Stuffer Shack incident...i.e. All he obviously knows how to contact (including Tempty)

"Rumour control might be required. Meet at Garland's ASAP."

(Taku,Rydell, Crosshairs Adpet, Zelda, Tempty BUT NOT WANG CHI as MArk has got more than suspicious now- obviously some might not make it - especially those whose characters ar eno longer used but that coudl give a further way toget us togethe ra bit faster smile.gif )
Slacker
Sorry, but i don't have enough time to post much

@netlich: You didn't notice the watcher spirit at all.

@Tzaz: Even if you were Wang Chi's best friend from pre-school on, that doesn't mean he would have told you everything about his team mates. He's probably mentioned their names in passing, but I don't think any shadowrunner would talk all that much business with a non-shadowrunner, he certainly wouldn't go into details on exactly what skills each memeber has and their exact description and any specific jobs they did. If he was stupid enough to do something like that and he teammates ever found out, they really would kill him, without hesitation. 'Loose lips sink ships.'
At most i'd say he tell you a few stories about mishaps on runs, without going into any detail about the run itself (probably even going so far as to describe as something completely other than what it was actually a run against).
And obviously this is not your first conversation with Shadowrunners, because Wang Chi is a shadowrunner, and you have at least met and conversed however briefly with Tempty. Also, it wouldn't be all that uncommon for a paramedic to meet a 'runner during the course of his job.
Cold-Dragon
A bit of a realization just now....if I have a watcher spirit (and technically my mentor spirit) and Tzaz has some spirit or other with him.....why haven't they noticed one another? At least I'd think 'Pet Rock' would notice the watcher.

Or is Pet rock some other sort of spirit? lol.
Tzaz
JAcks assumptions:
I met Wang Chi through a magic user group. My Gaia and his Wuxing have a lot in common. Been talking about an unified, universal theory on magic for over five years.. Wang Chi and I had developed a run against the Oregon Caves, I knew the land--he knew the runners.. This is why we met at the bar a couple of months ago. I had a list of skills I thought were needed. The crew had the muscle needed but no skills for wilderness survival. My experience with runners is the damage they do. I know more cops, doctors, and paladins from the damage that shadowrunners do.
The hills are alive with Shadowrunners from smugglers, bootleggers, and moonshiners. These are mostly all family businesses and everyone knows everyone else and there business. Think "Dukes of Hazard" or "Hatfields and McCoys". So this paranoid, up tight, and security is totally baffling. How do you deliver beer without knowing where it comes from to were its going. So i am learning quickly that just because i am paranoid does not mean everyone is not out to get me

Slacker i developed this story based on our original conversation and joining the game. redline what you do not like. But originally I was a contact? If i am hiring them out for a job, would I not need to know there skills? Netlich and I decided that The reason that I do not know Mark is because he was not working with Wang Chi a couple of months ago. The skills I were looking for were damage output as we we going to a war zone. wilderness Infiltration and survival. Magic sensitivity, camoflauge, transportation, intel and planning. His crew does not know enough to run down hill when the bear is chasing him..
Tzaz
force 4 Improved Invisibility:
Magic(4) + Spellcasting (3)=
2 successes
Drain Value=Force/2+1=3
Resist Drain=Willpower(5)+logic(5)=
Oh shit as the dwarf sits down hard in the corner
3 points stun. Do i need a beer.
gobogen
Has the call out for rumor control been made yet or not?
Slacker
@Cold-Dragon: Mentor spirits are not necessarily real spirits. They are more a manifestation of your ideals and a guide born of magic. The way you have been handling yours is quite interesting, and that is why i have allowed it, but more typically interaction between a mentor spirit and a mage is much more infrequent and not as a constant companion in the astral space.
When mentor spirits do choose to communicate with the spell caster, usually only to "provid cryptic rules, riddles, and sometimes even straightforward advice..." its because the gm is using it as a tool, in which case they may appear in physical space or just in astral, or maybe just as a voice in the mages head.
While I do like the way you have been handling your mentor spirit, I am not giving them the ability to watch over the astral space for you. That is the job of watcher spirits, if it needs to be done.

@Tzaz: I do not particularly care for this background story as it gives you far more information than I had originally intended and it just isn't all that logical. For one, Wang Chi is not a fixer and does not/did not set up jobs for the team. Two, he would not give specific information like that to somebody he only knows a little bit, especially when that somebody has no experience dealing with the Shadows. Third, you don't have the kind of resources it would require to be able to afford to hire a team of runners (you carry your belongings everywhere you go in a duffle bag).
I am fine with you two having met via some magic user group, and over the course of year of discussions/arguements you two had become close friends.
I'm fine with you knowing that he's a shadowrunner and he has a good team he works with regularly.
I'm even fine with you knowing the names of everybody in the team (with the exception of netlich's character because he is not a regular member of the team or only recently joined up).
But you aren't going to know specifics about their skills/abilities. You'd maybe know in some general sense that they have somebody with social skills, and somebody with hacking skills, and so on, but that is it.
This whole run idea of yours might be something that you have mentioned to Wang Chi and upon hearing your ideas he'd probably at most tell you that he and his team could handle it or they'd need such and such skill so he'd look into finding somebody. And that he talk to them about doing this favor.
Nobody in the shadowrunning biz is going to give you, someone who admits to being uninitiated in the Shadows that are fraught with danger and suspicion, information that could easily get him and his teammates killed if it fell into the wrong hands, which is what you are asking me to give you (basically a dosier on individual team's skillset). It just ain't going to happen. And its been my experience that most players would answer any such request with a swift bullet to the brainpan, or at the very least immediately break off all contact with the person making the request and move somewhere far away as obviously that person was going to set him up for a hit and needed to know specifically who to hire to counteract the teams skillset.
Shadowrun is not D&D where its typical that new players/characters are greeted with some form of "You look trustworthy, come join us...." Shadowrun is a world where few people ever find anybody they can trust and this is even more so the in the Shadows of the Sprawl. Hell, most runners don't even trust their fixer who finds them the jobs, and they certainly don't trust the Johnson actually paying for the job. If they could, they wouldn't even let their own teammates know their skills.

@gobogen: Let me double check, but i am pretty sure that netlich's character did send out the call for rumor control......Oh I see he said he was going to put it in his next IC post, but never did.
Let's go ahead and say that he did send out the message with he address of the club. Just so we can move along the get everybody in one place.
Cold-Dragon
I had been talking abou the watcher spirit mainly. THe worse case for Snake was he might make me a bit of an obvious sight if 'no one noticed' we were noticed. Otherwise, I wouldn't use it for spying on the plane unless it was somehow a part of the intent for an action (like making an assensing roll OOC, then having Snake prompt Celia to look on to see what I can find, etc).

Understood though!

*blinks at what happens with Jack* Well, I should be able to afford a funeral wreath...Why would anyone 'sneak up' on a troll? O_o
Tzaz
point of fact ..Im trying to sneak away from the troll. I want out of this club. They are setting me up to kill me. Im trying to get out, or get on more neutral ground.
Sitting at the both waiting for a crazed and mad troll is from having a splitting headache and not being very with it right now. look at the die rolls and see why.

@slacker. ok all i know from wang chi is the group does not have the skill set..Not what they have. We were making this a run based on potential earnings. Just like the current novel. Im a poor dwarf and I am visiting Seattle, not living here. I have a dayjob back home. biggrin.gif
Cold-Dragon
Maybe I can get my chance if I lose a dwarf buddy....lol. *patpats Tzaz*

I still got the commlink, I think I can handle talking with trolls. I'm (in theory) a woman, so I might not get on Tempty's nerves as much, and if I don't go into the bathroom and go invisible, I might get bonus points!
Shalimar
I don't mean to offend, but at this point its getting more and more dificult to see why Tempty wouldn't just off the dwarf to tie up loose ends, at least after hearing him out. Assuming we all end up looking for Wang Chi, she would have to know he could trust him not to screw up like he has already, and the fact that he already has done so would make that hard to believe.

The shadows are a not nice place. Sometimes people are just better off killing others then trusting in them to keep their mouths shut. Bare in mind, right now, that you guys walked into a place that Tempty pretty much considers her home. IC you guys don't know that, but the fact that the dwarf walked in and started spouting about shadow business where she and her boyfriend lives (she has a small apartment of her own, but its more a safehouse), this is pretty much a direct threat to her love, and both of their livelihoods. I just wanted to point at part of the reason she feels so strong about this, though, sheer discretion would count for a lot too.
Shalimar
QUOTE (Cold-Dragon)
Maybe I can get my chance if I lose a dwarf buddy....lol. *patpats Tzaz*

I still got the commlink, I think I can handle talking with trolls. I'm (in theory) a woman, so I might not get on Tempty's nerves as much, and if I don't go into the bathroom and go invisible, I might get bonus points!

Just handle things with descretion and things will go better, though the fact that she is the second person to show up into tempty's 'home' that knows about her dealings would lead her to talk to Garland and between them see if they can have the pair dealt with, with his Loyalty of 5, and Connection of 4 (fixer for an entire region), it shouldn't be that hard.

Actually, by running, he is making it much worse for himself. She'll almost certainly track him down. Maybe if he stayed to explan, with Celia's help things would wor out? I want them to work out.
Cold-Dragon
*twists the metagame party button to ON* Well...in theory everyone suspects he brought in a buddy, so...if he leaves alone, that means his assumed buddy is still inside. Why not look for him/her? wink.gif lol. or else you snoop on him to try and locate any partners and get some legit information on his snooping too, see if he's the real deal while doing something with him?

The Watcher spirit will still be following him, even if he leaves, so I have some backup in that regard.

hell...that makes me think of something metagamish too, lol. Fortunately, there's IC reasoning for doing it already....I may just use the spirit to pester Jack. *shrugs*
Slacker
@Tzaz: Almost forgot something, we'll have to wait until netlich rolls his resistance test to see if your whole invis trick worked (he has a surprisingly high Intuition for a troll so there is a chance that he will succeed)

@netlich: You need to roll your Intuition to see if you resist the improved invisibility spell. I doubt you'll succeed, but it is at least possible.
netlich
So the situation is I walk in an empty toilet room that Tzaz went in a minute or two ago...Does it have cubilces which are taken? If not then it wont take me 2-3 seconds to start getting suspicious...If by then I have walked in that puts me right before the toilet door which has to be opened again before Tzaz gets out - which I think should entitle me at least one more perception roll at the very least...

Of course Tzaz could easily wait right by the door and try to flee as soon as Mark starts looking into cubicle's with half closed doors but if there aren't any I think he is in trouble...

Intuition Check:
1: 2
2: 3
3: 2
4: 5 !
5: 1

Only one success

Perception checkas the troll gets really upset now and tries to hear, smell or see any clue that might lead him to what happenned and where the dwarfie is hiding:

Perception(2)+Intuition(5):
(I doubt the specialisation come sin play here especially as it is specialising in visual pereption which exactly what is hampered here...Do I still roll that? I have included two more dice-oh shod it they are failures anyhow)
1: 4
2: 3
3: 5 !
4: 2
5: 3
6: 6 !
7: 6 !

8: 1
9: 2

3 successes ...

As I probably have no clue to what happenned I make a cursory look around the place for any windows (Which I doubt) that hint that the dwarf exited form there or for any other toilet-goers who might have seen the dwarf going into a cubicle (I hope Tzaz went invisible while in a cubicle and not in plain sight of others in the toilet)

IF that fails then my only other option is he used magic - he can't have just dissappeared which means I commlink-SMS Tempty immediately about loosing him and that I need magic assistance....I think it is obvious that he used magic one way or another if there are no other exits in the room. Otherwise a message her that he is trying to escape.

Oh and myprevious message has already been send vy the time I made the post OOC - I am just waitting for a chance to post it IC smile.gif I might as well do it now....
netlich
Metagaming ON

I certainly don't want the dwarf dead as a player smile.gif But it is coming to a point where I can see both Tempty and Mark wanting him out of the picture....

As far as I am concerned and my character is roleplayed Tzaz can do pretty much anything sor tof aggresive to annoy me while in the club and he is safe. If he is marked though for wetwork/as a liability by either me or Tempty he will never leave the club doors. I would not kill him inside the club - I would not even continue talking to him : a huge troll that screams shadowrunner talking to a dwarf with funny clothing and hardhat is something that people will remember so if he is found dead outside I would be a suspect and that is not the way I work...So the dwarf will get enough time to explain himself as long as he stops playing games with us...

Worst case scenario is I ask gobogen to subdue him outside and keep him out of sight in a car until I exit the building if it gets to a point that I don't want him seeing another sunrise. But even that I consider risky.

Next message out to Gobogen and co. (as soon as I leave the toilets no matter what happens)

"Dwarf with funny clothing and hardhat wagging mouth. Do not let out of sight if he walks outside of Garlands until further notice..."

(Is this risky too? Sending messages with a commlink in such a public place? My previous message was vague on purpose but this one could be suspicious if intercepted....)

Finally as far as ColdDragon's sugegstion above is concerned I frankly don't see how we could even believe that this man has anyone backing him up after all his antics? Even if he did the guy would either split now that things were getting hot or come in to try and calm things down and explain his dwarf-buddy's gruff behaviour...
Cold-Dragon
I guess we wait and see what happens to Tzaz then... >.< Suddenly fuzzy critters isn't so simple a mission, lol....
gobogen
Perception 2 + Intuition 5: 5 2 6 5 4 2 1 => 3 hits (modify as required).

Taku tries to find the dwarf visually, while he might know where Mark is by the commlink.
Tzaz
I think I should apologize to the group. I screwed up.
based on slackers divine intervention and good will, I might get a second chance. I will have the pet rock knock me out from trying the stupid stunt in the bathroom. Have Mark find me knocked out in the bathroom and go from there?
I know I have screwed up badly. If your characters deem it necessary to kill off Jack,OK....my mistake... I pay.
Sorry for the hassels
tzaz\
No Hard feelings
netlich
Hehe since my posting times are usually different from all you overseas folks And I would liekto see this scene moving on feel free to have Mark try to wake Jack. Whatever the results he sends another message out now only to Tempty informing her of what happened.

If he can't wake the dwarf then he gets out of the toilets...He doesn't want to be seen with an unconcious dwarf in his hands.

Otherwise he brings the annoyance back to the table and lets him do the talking and explain himself.

MArk is still not happy of course IC and I agree with Shalimar on seeing a cooparation a bit unfeasible at the moment.

OOC I am just glad this stopped taking the slide into turning out as the usual ill fated runs where wrong words or actions end them at ameeting in a hilarious way smile.gif

Of course I could be wrong smile.gif

Now I need to get some sleep smile.gif

Shalimar
At least give him a swirlie, you know you want to rotfl.gif
Cold-Dragon
Mmmm, Dwarven swirlie....Is that like an Elven Banana Split or an Orc coctail?
Slacker
As Tzaz has said, I've allowed a little bit of backpedaling in the hopes that something can be salvaged from this whole encounter.
Everything from the moment the dwarf went invisible on was only a vision given to him by his mentor spirit. On top of the vision the spirit temporarily knocked him out to emphasize the wrongness of his ideas of what to do.
With something as important to him as his mentor spirit being upset with him, Jack has now become a bit dejected and much more compliant/cooperative.
Hopefully, this will be enough to smooth over the next few minutes in-game and perhaps leave room for a future.

Its would be perfectly understandable to still have some resentments between characters, but I would appreciate it if some leniency can be shown here in the spirit of continuing the game as a whole group.
I hate to do something so heavy handed, but I have explained to Tzaz that this is a one time second chance. There will not be another.
With other characters showing up on the scene soon and finding a rather docile dwarf in the company of Tempty and Mark perhaps they might not understand/agree with the ill-sentiments and try to smooth things over......

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go ahead and give him another connection to the team. gobogen if you don't mind, I'm going to add a bit of backstory where your character's mother was in a car accident a few years ago and Jack happened to be one of the paramedics who saved her (the accident was touch-and-go for a while, but he never gave up trying). He didn't know you were a shadowrunner and you don't even remember his name, but you remember his face and his gruff attitude.
Would that be ok with everybody? I'd like to continue with this and I think the different roleplaying situations this would add to the game will be quite interesting, with possibly Tempty and/or Mark holding a bit of a grudge, while Taku and Celia (who has been lurking in the shadows, but would probably have some desire to keep working with Jack as he's the one that led her to the rest of the group) will try to keep things running smoothly.
This is a bit forced, I know, but do you think we can try it out for a while?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012