Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: SR4-First Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
netlich
I will just wait to hear from the group then - meanwhile I am reading SR4 so I will probably not pester you with questions any more smile.gif

And essentially I will probably be making another razorboy although a bit more on the professional side and mayhaps with a bit less chrome but with some some vat job...dunno- Let us first hear if they will enjoy DarHar or hate him smile.gif
Cold-Dragon
Well, I just got the permissible word of Slacker to create a character (yay) so that's one more body for people to shoot at.

Of course, I'll be peering at what other people are a little too, just so I don't accidentally clone someone or somehting silly like that. I like variety, more fun for everyone unless you try to sacrifice them. (I wouldn't do that though, lol).
Slacker
As Cold-Dragon has posted, I've decided to let him join in since we seem to have lost Wintermancer to the vagaries of the internet.

@Cold-Dragon: Feel free to create whatever you want. For information the party consists of:

Zelda the hacker babe played by Whizbang
Tempty the gunbunny played by Shalimar
Taku the physical adept played by gobogen

netlich is currently waiting to hear what the other players want to do with his wannabe super-hero Troll, DarHar. It's a rather amusing character but there are doubts as to whether a group of proffessional shadowrunners would allow him in their ranks. If it's decided that he needs a new character he has already said that he will likely create something of a street sam.

BaronKen had taken over control of Crosshairs the gun adept when the original player had to drop out. However, he's created a combat mage to continue the game with now that the initial scenario is complete.

Wintermancer had been playing Rydell, the group's face, but she just stopped posting and hasn't responded to several PM's I sent her.

@All: Please post your opinion on the subject of DarHar's continued inclusion in the team. Do you want to keep him for comedy relief? Do you just not think your characters would ever associate with such an attention beacon? Do you want to try him out with the team on this next adventure, which doesn't require absolute professionalism? Or what?
Shalimar
From Tempty's view, he is probably a nice enough troll, but when you are trying to do dastardly deeds, even professionals screw the pooch sometimes, and non-professionals... well, its better to avoid the situation.
Cold-Dragon
In the foresight of what my potential character may think...he/she would probably give DarHar a chance.

Now, if you mean he's putting on a cape and everything, my character would likely try to change his style of 'superhero style' so even if he is a bit nutty, he/she wouldn't be completley embarassed by him.

If you're talking about him playing as a hooder, I got no issues with that, character would probably find that amusing to an extent and help out (though only so far. Publicity is a bad thing in general).
netlich
The character concept was that Daryll had a an unfortunate incident that changed his Ganger life. His gang was hit hard and rumour has it his head was hit even harder. After that he decided in his simple mind that something out there was on his side and he lived to further it's cause and bring good to the world.

As a character DaRHar has some Logic(2) and Intuition(4) so he is not stupid. he is simple minded though and the numbers just indicate his street-wise knowledge and th elapses of normal thinking.

His intention is to hurt the bad and help the needy. So he can be easily made ot think that even when working for one corp he is actually harming other ones so I gather that with simple coercing (he is simple minded after all) he can accept doing 80% of most Shadowruns excluding wet works and other darker concepts that involve innocents that prolly most pro Shadowrunners would avoid anyhow. MAss killing of poor slots aint the way to prove your chrome!

On the other hand though he does intent to carry along changing personaes by wearing a cape and mask which is not the best way to go about in a sneak in kinda job or whennot wanting to draw attention. In this case we could have the other players calmly explainning to him that if he is to ascend the staircase and become something even greater than a street hero he would have to drop the hero-crap at least as far as jobs are concerned.

My main concern when I look things form the other side of the coin is that I would be worried about his simplemindness in a critical job. He could easily say/do the wrong thing at the wrong time spoilling a game. It would be unrealistic of me as a player to inentionaly keep avoiding his simplemindness whenever serious matters are at hand and simply remember the slowwitted super hero, do-gooder type of thing only outside of missions.

Which is why I placed the question to the group and am waitting to hear opinions to see waht happens. I mean I have no problems playing a character who might just be used as a tank in the game- it is roleplaying afterall and I'm bored of playing the cool slick pro type o fthing everytime I playShadowrun wink.gif . Therefore I am ready for things like the fact that obviously DarHar will not be present in meetings! And DarHar might not be needed in missions where sneaking in somewhere is required! It would be stupid to bring him along for anythign else but staying in the car and covering the exit or providing a diversion. I personally don't have any problems playing a character that might no talways have primary usefullness in a run. I am just waitting to hear from everyone else...
Cold-Dragon
hehe, I like that style, even if he has a cape....I'd be willing to try that most definitely.

And if Mr. Johnson decides to be a butt about the job, we'll just sic DarHar on him!

Show'em what a cape can really do!

Although in consideration to the cape -maybe he should hide a big gun behind it or something? That'd be funny to watch; guards are snickering at the crazy guy that snuck into the building, only to have have a pair of machine guns or a big axe appear from beneath the cape and riddle them with bullets or their heads from their bodies.

I wonder if control actions works on a corpse...
BaronKen
Happy Holidays!

I got my Christmas present last night. biggrin.gif She weighs 7lbs 4oz love.gif Today is her first Christmas.

Give me a few days and I'll be back to the forums...RP my character if you need to keep the game moving.

Take care and be safe,
Baron Ken
Slacker
Congratulations on the baby. Have a Merry Christmas and don't worry about the game.

So what's her name?
Cold-Dragon
Congrats to you Baron. A good holiday with a good life. smile.gif

and onto less spectacular things, I believe I'm finished with my character. shall I just PM it to you Slacker, or spoilerize it here for you? I believe my math is alright...just gets fuzzier for me ot follow the more I tweak (good thing for calculators).
Slacker
@Cold-Dragon: Sorry I didn't get back to you when you PM'd me the initial character sheet, just been busy. So far it looked good.
I did want to check with you about the Dodge with specialization in ranged, though. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you only add dodge to Ranged defense tests when you sacrifice a Complex Action to go on Full Defense?
Cold-Dragon
That I am quite aware of, yes. I saw the earlier incident of it as well. wink.gif I took it because eventually I will probably want to deliberatley dodge, so I took it with a range specialization. I may not be combat like, but it helps to be able to duck.

And when I get the reflex spell later, I can use one action to dodge and the other to attack (unless the person has it as well, then, well, we'll see).

I updated that sheet, and depending on what you say about the one negative quality, it's either 5 points over or just right.

And no worries about the delayed notice. the holiday was your automated escuse for the next couple days. lol
Slacker
@Cold-Dragon: Oh yeah, forgot about the negative quality. That is common, so you have it right.
netlich
Hey BaronKen - Congrats man! That is probably the best present you could get! Until it starts crying that is wink.gif Seriously though congratulations to you and your other half. I am barely starting on that long road - We are getting engaged on new years day smile.gif I even promised I won't be wearing the mauve (NOT PINK) cape and mask for our engagement!!! LOL!

Cold-Dragon
*tests the waters* we didn't all get stuck in a BTL did we? I can't tell around this forum, people hibernate at random, lol.

Just giving a nudge to remind people of happy holidays, trolls with capes, and Johnsons in suits....and no, not the innuendo.
Slacker
ROLL CALL!

It's a new year and now it time to get this thing moving along again. That is if we still want to.

I'd like everybody to post if they are still up for continuing the game and if they want to try it out with DarHar the wannabe superhero or have netlich go ahead with creating a new character.
Shalimar
I can continue, if Netlich wouldn't mind too terribly a more professional character might be better.
BaronKen
I'm in...though I'm running on limited sleep time right now, hehe wink.gif
Though I'm ok with DarHar, I too would prefer a more professional character for netlich.

P.S. My new daughter's name is Nyah Elizabeth love.gif
Cold-Dragon
Grats on the daughter Baron. smile.gif

For the sake of the game, I suppose netlich might be better to make a somewhat more 'realistic' troll or whatever. wink.gif That doesn't mean I don't approve of a cape though - he could easily make a shadowrunny super hero.

I thought up a sort of cape idea for a character once. Just more for a disguise style than practical wear.

Oh, yeah, and I"m still here, lol.
gobogen
Woo hoo ! The game is still on!!! YAY !

Happy Holidays (late) everyone and congrats for the baby!!!

So yeah .. I'm still here wink.gif
Cold-Dragon
it better stay on - I'm waiting patiently by my standards, lol. Wanted to play for ages... ^-^

*does some card games while waiting*
netlich
Okeys- DarHar will go back to doing what he does and I will be creating a new character smile.gif This will give me the chance to ammend some of the things I noticed my character lacked in battle...

So what's the concensus ? We are going after the missing shadowrunner?
Slacker
Yeah, it looks like I'll be running you through looking for the missing runner. I'm going to come up with ways for the new characters (netlich's, BaronKen's, and Cold Dragon's) so it won't be like they are just suddenly part of the team. Though I may give them some background with the team.
netlich
sorry for delaying guys- I will get the char ready this week!
Whizbang
Okay...finally getting my act together and wandering back....
Slacker
I'm currently waiting for netlich's new character, once everything is squared away with that, we can start back up with the game.

Before we do start up i will be sending each player a PM with some background information to help facilitate adding the new characters (netlich's, BaronKen's, and Cold-Dragon's). Basically, one of them will have worked with the team before, another will be a contact of the missing mystic adept, and i actually haven't quite decided about the other, but it will either be another contact of the missing mystic adept or somebody that is looking for the mystic adept for a whole nother reason.
Cold-Dragon
Gotcha

(just so you know I'm still alive)
Slacker
@netlich: You should have a new PM from me with some feedback on your character. I say should because the first time I tried sending it said your mailbox was full.

@All: Just need to go over a couple minor details with netlich about his new character and then we will start. I wil likely post or pm a small bit of background info for each of you tomorrow or Saturday and then we can get this thing rolling once more.
netlich
k got it... and the 7 copies of it! somethign went wrong there and it came back 7 times!!!

I should have the modifications by the end of today and the same for the concept/char description....

Slacker
Ok, I’d appreciate it if each person only looks in the spoiler for themselves:

@netlich:
[ Spoiler ]

@Whizbang:
[ Spoiler ]

@Shalimar:
[ Spoiler ]

@gobogen:
[ Spoiler ]

@BaronKen:
[ Spoiler ]

@Cold-Dragon:
[ Spoiler ]

Ok, those spoilers should give everybody a little bit of background on the story. You can go ahead and post what your plans from here are going to be and anything you think your character would have tried to find out regarding whatever I just told you in the spoilers.
I haven’t decided what to do with the Crosshairs character just yet. He’s either going to decide to forget about finding out about the missing mystic adept and go into hiding; or he will disappear in much the same way as the mystic adept. We’ll see.
I'm actually not feeling too well right now, so that may reflect in the spoilers. If so, just post or pm me and i'll try to clarify.
Shalimar
I'd like to use my armorer (fire arms) 7(9) to add barrel weights to my pistols to counter act the -1 recoil for firing twice in one pass

Rolled (9 dice)
4 6 6 1 5 4 3 1 4
3 hits

If nothing else, it'll make book keeping easier.

Do we have a hacker anymore? If so, maybe we should talk about a program that will link our senses(cyber) to create a 3-d map so we can know what is where in a fight?
netlich
Hope you get better smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@Shalimar:
[ Spoiler ]

@netlich:
[ Spoiler ]
Cold-Dragon
Hmmm, interesting....(for me, I'm not peeping, lol)

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@Cold-Dragon:
[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
I'll have her sleep first, and then work on it the next day.
Slacker
Sorry the IC post wasn't much, it was really just meant to bump the IC thread up again as it had been over a month since anything was posted to it.
netlich
For Slacker and Shalimar

[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
For Slacker and Netlich

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@netlich and shalimar: Feel free to go ahead and have the conversation in the IC thread. Just be sure to designate to whom you are communicating.

@All: The spoilers were really just slightly specialized and were more to hide particular information that a couple of the new characters got. If there is anything you think you would have shared with the others at any point in the past or just want to mention now, feel free to do so. You only need to use spoilers when there is something in particular that you don't want the other players to know (i.e. discussion of distrusting the any of the new characters would be best dealt with in spoilers).
I'd actually like to have any interactions among the characters be in-character if at all possible, because the Food Fight! scenario was so combat-centric I want this one to be far more about actual roleplaying.
Slacker
Looks like there is going to have to be a small change in plans. BaronKen has recently gotten swamped with RL issues and won't actually be able to continue with the game (at least not for some time).
I had already been talking to another player that netlich had mentioned to me about joining the game in some way. I think i will just switch out the new player's character with BaronKen's in the story because nothing had really happened with the character yet.
I'm going to be discussing it with the new player shortly, but I thought I would go ahead and mention the upcoming change to all of you first.
Shalimar
I am 100% confused with who is what, what happened, a timeline, and just about, well everything. Whats going on?
Slacker
Timeline:

Day -2 (i.e. 2 days prior to the incident in the Stuffer Shack)
Team consisting of Crosshairs (player has left the game), netlich's as yet unnamed character, Zelda (Whizbang's hacker character), Tempty (Shalimar's character), Taku (gobogen's character), and the mystic adept Wang Chi (player dropped out before ever finishing the character) completes a mission to steal a crate being shipped from Australia.

Day -1
Team gets a day's rest after the run is over with.

Day 0 (Stuffer Shack incident)
Team goes out to celebrate together the completed mission. For some reason netlich's character ducks out early. After the night's revels the team stops to grab some munchies at a local Stuffer Shack.
Wang Chi gets a call that delay's him from entering the Stuffer Shack with the rest of them. Unbeknownst to the team, this call is from a contact of Wang Chi's (this was originally to be BaronKen's character, but I'll be switching it to a new player since BaronKen can't continue). The call also involves another new character, but that isn't anything the team knows anything about.
Anyways, Wang Chi never comes into the Stuffer Shack and if anybody had looked out front they wouldn't have seen him out there either.

Day 1
Team presumably gets some rest after a hectic night fights gangers. Meanwhile, netlich's character (who I just notice called himself Hammer in the IC post), heard from a contact that the rest of the team had some trouble after he had left the party the night before. He first tried calling Wang Chi, but didn't get an answer and didn't even get voicemail. So he called Tempty.

--------------

I think that is everything. If you need something clarified, just ask.
netlich
Errr...yeah ...You didn't tell us what happened to Wang Chi?

No?

Oh well it was worth a try! wink.gif
Slacker
lol. nice try netlich, but you will have to do some investigations if you want to find out what happened to Wang Chi, and you might never find out the truth.
Cold-Dragon
and since I don't know a wang chi, I just idle around, twiddling my toes in my shoes, wondering about things....hehe. Thus far anyways...
Slacker
Still working with the new player on his character. I think we are getting close to finishing.
Just having to explain how a few things work first so it can be an effective character.
Cold-Dragon
sorry for sounding impatient with a post, lol.

If there's a way to help ya Slacker (wow, pun. again apologies for ironies in word play) and get things going, I'd volunteer to lend some hands.

Everywhere seems to be slowing down recently. Dnd boards, then a 2 day downtime here...
Slacker
Actually, the new character is complete. Just couldn't access dumpshock at all. Going to email the player momentarily to say that it is back up and then we can get things moving along.
Cold-Dragon
Ohh, good and convenient, I like that. ^-^

*stereotypes character for a moment and comes around with a large batch of brownies* Which of my wanted saboteurs is hungry? nyahnyah.gif (lol)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012