Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: SR4-First Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Slacker
@gobogen: No problem with the troll thing, just be glad Static isn't a troll or you might be in trouble. The map has been updated.

@Whizbang: Ok, that will take a Simple Action and a Matrix Perception Test. Roll Computer Skill + Analyze program rating (note: because of your Response 5, you can only use programs at Rating 5).
Whizbang
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Sorry, it's taken me so long to respond. I've been busy today.

Zelda failed to notice anything/persona on the host that could be causing the various nodes to shutdown. Its' probably not something that would normally be perceived, but I will go ahead and tell you that you look into the login file which does show an admin user account having logged on shortly before you did, and there is no indication that that person ever signed off. However, you can see no sign of that person anywhere.
Zelda suspects there is a hacker running a Stealth program, much like herself, that has been shutting down the cameras and lights.
She can either use her other Simple Action to make another Matrix Perception Test, or she could use a Simple Action to reboot one of those nodes and worry about the suspected hacker later. Or any other Simple Action she wants to do.
Whizbang
For the moment she'll try to boot up the lights node.... (and watch I get jumped by the other hacker while I'm busy)
Slacker
@Whizbang: Ok, it takes a Simple Action to start the reboot process. It takes a number of Combat Turns equal to the node's System rating to reboot but will take no other action from you.
Well, with you running Stealth yourself, maybe the suspected hacker hasn't noticed you yet. For now at least nothing is happening to you.

@Wintermancer: SlicerDicer is charging ahead through the debris to where he saw the flashes of gunfire from you. He stumbled a little bit (meaning he'll suffer a penalty from being off balance), but keeps on coming.
He does get 1 success, and thanks to the darkness you can't defend. All you can do is resist the 6P damage with Body + Impact Armor.
And you can go ahead and post what Rydell is doing on her turn.

All: Catcher blindly fires a shot into the person that had crawled close to him to help Wanda (Timmy), using up one Simple Action to Observe in Detail (only way he could tell where Timmy was).
Whoa, a massively bad critical glitch. Every die he rolled was a 1. Something had gotten lodged in shotgun the last time he fired it off (maybe that is why he didn't hit anything smile.gif ). When he fired the shotgun this time, it backfired on him. Basically blowing up in his hands.
But he rolled well and was able to resist all of the damage.

@HMHVV Hunter: Time for Crosshairs' actions. Without spending a Simple Action to Observe in Detail Crosshairs believes Spike to be exactly where he last saw him, especially since Spike was making an effort to move silently.
Shalimar
Slacker, since I have a select sound filter and hearing enhancements, could I assign the 4 selectors todifferent sound sources? ie, 1 to Zany, 1 to Catcher, 1 to Static, etc?
Slacker
Sound filters filter out specific relatively constant sounds, not select certain sounds to pay attention to. You could filter out the constant noise of Louis Needles harrassing Crosshairs with questions about shadowrunning, and there might be a low hum of a/c or refrigeration in the store, but there really aren't any other constant noises I can think of you would want to filter out.
You're hearing enhancements will help you on perception tests though.
HMHVV Hunter
I'm using one Simple Action to observe in detail and try to home in on this guy's position.

Any rolls needed?
Slacker
Standard Perception Test, Intuition + Perception skill +/- modifiers, which in your case equal 0, so that isn't a problem. So you should be rolling 6 dice.

For information: the modifiers you were dealing with are: +3 because you're actively listening for it; +1 from your Enhanced Perception Adept power; -2 from the sound not being in the immediate vicinity; and -2 from the Interfering sounds of the kids continuing questions.
HMHVV Hunter
Here's the roll:

2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5
Slacker
Unfortunately, you didn't get enough successes to beat his infiltration roll, so you don't know where he went.
I will say that you hear something and believe it iss him moving, you just don't know where to.
HMHVV Hunter
Can I try again with my remaining SA?
Slacker
Sure, go right ahead. Roll the same dice.
HMHVV Hunter
Ok.

1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4

Gha.
Slacker
Sorry, looks like Crosshairs is just out of luck, at least for now. You hadn't mentioned it OOC, but did he move anywhere during his turn?

At least Zelda was able to start rebooting the lighting system. Too bad it will still take a few Combat Turns before it is back up though.

Now we just need Rydell's damage resistance test from SlicerDicer's charge, along with her actions from Wintermancer so we can finish out this Initiative Pass.
HMHVV Hunter
Nope. Crosshairs is staying put.
Wintermancer
Resistance:
[ Spoiler ]

And I guess since shooting him has been rendered worthless, as well as social skills at this point, there really isn't much I can do except draw my Stun Baton and then ready it.

Winter
Slacker
Ok, with 2 successes on the resistance test, you took 4 boxes of Physical damage.

As far as your actions go, if you were just trying to intimidate SlicerDicer by himself you'd pretty much be guaranteed to succeed.

Alternatively, you could try to sneak away by defaulting to Agility with a Complex Action. You'd only have 2 dice, but as long as you get 1 success he would have to use up a Simple Action to Observe in Detail, which would mean he couldn't attack you in melee next pass.

I'll be posting actions for the rest of the NPC's that have actions a little later tonight.

edit: Actually it looks like Zany is the only NPC left with a second Initiative Pass. So I'll just say now that she heard Taku as he moved away from Static. She quickly turns around, uses her first action to Observe in Detail, and since Taku had just walked away and not been using Infiltration to sneak away, she was able to roughly pinpoint where he's at.
She uses her other Simple Action to fire a wide burst (since she has no way to know if you can't see her attacking) his way (good thing she was able to unjam her gun). She gets 1 success, so Taku needs to resist 5P damage.
Slacker
After I get the damage resistance test for Taku from gobogen, we'll go ahead and start the third Initiative Pass, which consists of:

Tempty

DarHar
Bruce

Zelda
Maddie

Shalimar feel free to go ahead and post Tempty's actions.
Shalimar
I'll move to P14 and then put 2 bullets into Static

17 Dice, what modifiers would apply? Including the -X dice for armor
Whizbang
Now that the lights are booting back up, I'll be looking around for the one who cut the lights...and everything else.

Well...at least when my turn comes around. smile.gif
Slacker
@Shalimar: I'm showing you should only have a base of 15 duce: (Agility 5 + 2 from cyber) + (Pistols 6 + 2 from specialization). As far as modifiers go you get +2 from smartlink, -3 for thermo vision in complete darkness, and -1 for firing from cover, and on the second shot you will have a -1 from recoil.
So 13 dice on the first shot and 11 on the second. Looks like Static is in for some serious trouble.

@Whizbang: When you tie somebody on Initiative it is typically handled as simultaneous action, but you can go after whoever you've tied if you choose to. If you want, I'll also let you choose to go first if you want.
Whatever order you want to do, you can go ahead and give me another Matrix Perception Roll: Computer + Analyze Program.
gobogen
She hit me from that far with no visual? Wow, ok she's good. Imagine firing in total darkness like that (and actually hitting) eek.gif
[ Spoiler ]
Shalimar
13 Dice
[ Spoiler ]

4 hits

12 Dice (13 Dice -1 die for recoil)
[ Spoiler ]

4 hits
Shalimar
QUOTE (gobogen)
She hit me from that far with no visual? Wow, ok she's good. Imagine firing in total darkness like that (and actually hitting) eek.gif
[ Spoiler ]

She used a wide burst, so what she really did was spray down the aisle that you are standing in if that makes more sense (thematically at least)
Slacker
@gobogen: Yep, she only had 1 die to roll and it hit. I believe that 1 additional box brings you up to 3 boxes of damage and sufferring -1 on all future actions.

@Shalimar: The successes on each shot brings the DV up to 9P and your pistol has -1 AP.
For the first shot, he uses up his remaining Edge Point to reroll failed dice, and he gets a total of 6 success, so he takes 3 boxes of physical damage from that.
Wow, even without Edge he did better resisting the second shot. He got 7 successes and only took 2 boxes of physical damager from that one.
Wintermancer
Hmm. While trying to intimidate him would certainly be in character, I don't think Rydell would do it given the circumstances--after all, while her skill may be high enough to indicate she would succeed, from a psychological standpoint I can't see her /believing/ she could succeed after he slived her up and she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn; so she probably wouldn't attempt it.

Going with that logic though, trying to break away with the Complex Action would definitely be fitting the scenario, so I think Rydell will do that.

Winter
Slacker
@Wintermancer: That will be an Infiltration Skill roll, defaulting to your Agility at -1 die since you don't have the skill.

And tell me where you plan to move to, you can move approx. 3 squares on the map.
Slacker
Ok, I think I the IC post I just did brings everything up to date. I've also updated the Map with everything except Rydell's movement, which I will take care of as soon as I know just where she is moving to.

We just need to take care of Zelda's actions before we finish out this Combat Turn and start up a new one. So everybody can go ahead and post their new Initiative rolls. Keep in mind any wound modifiers you are suffering from act as negative modifiers on your Initiative (-1 for every 3 boxes of damage).
netlich
[ Spoiler ]

Not my lucky day smile.gif 2 successes : init of 11.
So I get to reroll on my second phase right? Or rather on the third as the second phase roll was a failure...Is that right?
Whizbang
Wow...not bad.

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@netlich: I'll just ignore your original roll to come out of the Fear. So you will be able to roll on your second Initiative Pass.

@Whizbang: I'm assuming that was your Matrix Perception Test. I was giving you the choice of going before, after, or at the same time as the NPC. Since you didn't specify any order, I'll go ahead and use the default of simultaneaous action.
As you are running your Analyze Program, suddenly you notice an icon rushing at you. Surprising it looks remarkably like your own icon. It just seems to emphasize the little details of a petite princess rather than the warrior princess of your own icon.
As you are noticing the details (you got two net successes, so you can get two details: the first being that the icon is attacking you, what would you like the other piece of information be?), you are being attack by this icon.
You need to roll Response + Stealth to defend yourself. If you want to sacrifice a Complex Action, you can go on Full defense and add Hacking skill to that.
She only scored 3 hits (rolling Cybercombat + Attack Program), so you stand a fairly good chance to defend against her attack.
Whizbang
Think I'll get her rating.

[ Spoiler ]
HMHVV Hunter
Init. Roll:

1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

8 + 2 = 10
Shalimar
Init, Roll:
6 2 2 4 6 2 5 5 5 4
5 hits

10 + 5 = 15 initiative
gobogen
Base Init 9 (roll 8 dice), I got 3 successes and Taku has total init 12.
Slacker
gobogen, the wound modifier effects your Initiative for both number of dice being rolled and your Initiative Score. So your Initiative is actually 11.

Now, we just need Rydell's initiative from Wintermancer and then we can start the third Combat Turn. Wintermancer, remember your wound modifier when rolling Initiative, and you still haven't told me where Rydell moved to when she sneaked away from SlicerDicer.
gobogen
I wasn't sure so I made it clear what I rolled for that purpose.
Wintermancer
O17, near Jack and Angie.

Initiative:
[ Spoiler ]

Slacker
Ok, here's the Initiative order for the third Combat Turn:

Spirit = 17

Tempty = 15

SlicerDicer = 14

Bruce = 13

Maddie = 12

Zelda = 11
Zany = 11
Taku = 11
DarHar = 11

Crosshairs = 10

Timmy = 9
Rydell = 9

Wanda = 8
Spike = 8
Mr. Nick = 8
Louis Needles = 8
Catcher = 8

Johnny = 7
Jack = 7

Angie = 6 critical glitch

Static = 5
Slacker
@netlich: The spirit runs after Darhar attacking him from behind. I will however give you a chance to notice him, since in a state of fear you'd probably be looking around for the approach of what you feared. Roll a Perception Test. As long as you get 1 success, you can defend yourself. Using Agility + Close Combat, and don't forget your reach.

@Shalimar: Go ahead and give me Tempty's actions for the first Initiative Pass.
Shalimar
Tempty will take 2 more shots at Static, bypassing the armor (with penalty to hit him)

Not sure about all the penalties, I know the -3 for Thermo, and whatever hs armor, anything else?

She'll also use her commlink to tell the rest of the team to go for Zany and then Catcher when she goes down.
Slacker
Shalimar: -8 for trying to bypass his armor and -1 for firing from cover, and -1 for recoil on the second shot.
Shalimar
Just to be clear, he hasn't yet had a chance to turn around and face me yet so can he try and dodge? Can he try and dodge if he can't see?

5 Dice
[ Spoiler ]

2 hits

4 Dice
[ Spoiler ]

1 Hit
Slacker
Shalimar: Turning would really just be part of movement which is considered a non-action so it really wouldn't be necessary for him to have a turn to be able to turn towards you. That being said, he was specifically ignoring your attacks on him because you weren't harming his 'friends', instead he was still concentrating on Taku's movement.

Aslo, he can't dodge in the complete darkness unless he has some way of seeing you, either thermographic vision or Ultrasound.

However, I just remembered something. Doing a Called Shot takes a Free Action, of which you only get one per Initiative Pass. So only only one shot (I assume the first one) could be a Called Shot to bypass his armor.

Now let's see if that even matters. He's about half dead already so there is a good chance that first shot will kill him since he's out of Edge and you are bypassing his armor......drum roll...Looks like he survived the first shot. He got 3 successes so he took 4 boxes of damage, just a bit shy of death.

It would take a miracle for him to survive the second bullet though, go ahead and give me a new roll for it without the Called Shot modifier.
Shalimar
12 Dice:
4 1 1 5 2 5 5 5 5 2 3 1

5 hits
Slacker
@Shalimar: Ok, you hit him quite well, and despite being able to roll his armor on the resistance test he just had no chance at all of surviving. He dies in a bloody heap just as he was turning around, because your first shot did some collateral damage to his 'friends' the inanimate objects on the store's shelves.
The second shot also did some collateral damage, but since he's dead that doesn't much matter.

Wintermancer: SlicerDicer failed to notice Rydell sneaking away, so he wasted a Complex Action swinging his sword through empty air. He shouts out to his friends that the "Star chic" got away from him. And then stands still trying to figure out where she went.

@All: Hearing the gunfire Bruce says under his breath something like "So that is what's going on. You bastards aren't going to get away with this drek."

@Shalimar: He then runs to I-14/15 and throws a single shuriken into your back.
Holy shit, he rolled well on his dice, scoring a critical success of 5 successes out of 5 dice. Too bad he hasn't used any Edge yet to get refreshed by it. I'm going to say it bumps up the DV by 2 because its such a big critical success.....nah lets just make it +1, with that many successes this normally low level attack is damn powerful.
The shuriken's DV is 10 thanks to all of those successes and the +1 from the critical success. Currently, you have your back turned to him, so there would be no dodging and you could just try to resist the damage with your Body + Impact Armor.
However, I'll give you a chance to notice the sound of his feet from behind you. Roll your Perception with a -5 modifier because you are distracted in finishing off Static and because of the distance from you to him.

edit: @Whizbang: You are being attack by Maddie within the Stuffer Shack's host. This dice roller just doesn't like you guys tonight, she got 6 successes out of 9 dice for her attack. You need to defend yourself with Response + Stealth Program.
You can also go ahead and tell me what you want to do on your turn.

@gobogen: You can go ahead and give me Taku's actions now.

@netlich: We still need to take care of the Spirit's attack on DarHar.
And then DarHar will be running from the spirit again, so it will get another free attack on him.
netlich
Bastard Thing! I hate spirits frown.gif

Ok I forgot the perception rule : it's Intuition + Perception but waht do I default to if I don't have Perception?

Here's 5 dice for my Intuition 4 (plus one just in case) as I don't think it is gonna be more with the modifier for defaulting.

[ Spoiler ]

So i prolly get one success so here's my defense, reach is applied on his attack again. Do I get any modifiers besides the -3 for lights? :

[ Spoiler ]

2 successes. (4 rolls for a skill of 7 -3 for lighting conditions)
Shalimar
Rolled 2 dice for the perception test (includes Audio Enhancer)
5 2

1 Hit

If possible, I'll go full defensive (Sacrifice Next action)

[ Spoiler ]

Ressistance test 8 Dice (my dodge, even if it succeeds doesn't canel all 5 of his hits, it would knock out 4 of them though)

5 6 3 2 5 4 4 1

3 hits
Slacker
@netlich: Yes a Perception Test is Intuition + Perception Skill, and there is a -1 if you are Defaulting to just Intuition. So you only should have rolled 3 dice, but you still got 1 success and were able to notice it coming.
Since you didn't add your Reach to your attack roll, i'm assuming you are having it subtract one from his dice pool.
He rolled 3 successes, so he was able to hit DarHar. The DV is 5P, so roll Body + Impact Armor to resist it.
Then give me another defense roll as DarHar will be running away now and giving the spirit another free attack.

@shalimar: Good job. You were able to drop that pretty deadly damage down quite a bit, including negating the critical success with your defense. So you were only defending against a DV of 5P, and you only took 2 boxes of physical damage from it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012