Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
galenbd
17:36:54 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Kilko hands over Morningstar's pocket secretary sans batteries. Jamie sheds her backpack and the duffle bag of climbing gear before rooting around for her toolkit. She strips the cover off of it and detaches the antenna. The she works on installing her dataline tap.
Kliko
17:37:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie decks in Morningstars PocSec without a sweat. Every n00b script-kiddie on the block could break into one of those. Cross-referencing her previous comm-data from the temple matrix-run she finds no record of the calls on the PocSec. 'Who uses a landline nowadays anyway?'

18:02:51 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Yes ma'am, we'll make it in time. No, that border-crossing won't be a problem ma'am... but its a risk nonetheless ma'am. If you can av... I see. We'll be there."

Cruising around the UCAS-sector at least they wouldn't be sitting ducks for any counter-operations. All-in-all Kliko felt pretty confident in the tricked out ride he could use as his office if he'd want. "Bad news chummers, ms Johnson wants us and our friend in the CAS-sector."
ntwi
18:02:54 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Shouldn't be too much trouble, you and Ludmilla cross through a checkpoint and move to a quiet area. We'll send your weapons across, followed by Morningstar before driving through the checkpoint ourselves to meet up with you." Felix shrugs, "Thats not the part I'm worried about so much, where is the meet?"
Kliko
18:02:58 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Near the old CAS-Aztlan border, looks like the big old wizworm had a great time rampaging through the area when he came down here first." Looking over his own mPhone's maps projected display.

"We'll put Charlie's drones on overwatch, in case we're blown we hit the vehicles and get out the killzone... We should be pretty safe inside our SUV's."
Mister Juan
18:03:20 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludmilla popped back into the living room, hands gloved in bright blue surgical gloves, a small mask still on her face. Putting the bottle of cleaner down on a small coffee table, she slipped the mask off.

“I wipe clean. If you touch anything, make sure to clean after.”

Slipping the gloves off and dumping them into a garbage bag she had prepped, she ran a hand over her smooth skull. She started across the room, passing by Jamie.

"That was very nice work." Ludi said to Jamie, her voice carrying a slight hint of surprise.

Going over to where they had laid Morningstar's unconscious body, she quickly double checked the biomonitor they had strapped to his forearm. Apparently, all was still well.

“Do you want me to get rid of gear? I can make call right now.” she said to Kliko.
galenbd
18:03:20 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie raised her eyebrows at Ludi's praise. "Thanks.", she mutters as Ludi bustles around the safehouse cleaning up. She checks her Forensics knowsoft looking for other things she might have missed. She jacks into the telecom and forces a firmware and software reinstall. When she's done, she wipes it down as well.
Bastard
19:55:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Corsair's drones continue their overlapping flight pattern overhead as Kliko and Jamie enter the warehouse. They are shortly followed by Bubba carrying the incapacitated Joshua Morningstar. They would rather have time to scope the place more, even run it in the daytime, but this is a part of being a shadowrunner; the cover of darkness. Plus, they would like to get rid of the package as soon as possible.

Ludi waits behind the wheel Kliko's Land Rover, parked in the nearby shadows should anything go wrong, she can provide backup firepower or a quick getaway. It should be Ludi inside and Kliko pulling overwatch, but they decided it was best that Mr. and Mrs. Johnson see a familiar face, as Johnsons seem to be, edgy.

Felix sits slumped in the back seat, the SUV's armor to protect his meat body as he watches the meet go down on the astral plane and offers his services in spell defense.

"Is he ... dead!?" Mr. Johnson's voice breaks from the far end of the warehouse.

"Just incapacitated. The package is unharmed, as you requested," Kliko answered. His eyes scanned the dark corners of the warehouse, waiting for the moment he would need to pull his firearm.

Bubba sets Morningstar on an old wooden chair that is in the middle of the empty warehouse, only ten meters from the entrance. He starts to tie him to the chair, not for restraint, but to hold him up.

"Is he okay?" Mr. Johnson inquires. "Can you wake him?"

"Wake a mage? Not until I am paid."

A second figure emerges from the shadows, one which the runners had assumed was Mrs. Johnson, but now they see it is a tall slender man, dressed in all white, from head to toe. His suit almost emits it's own light, in this dingy warehouse. As he approaches Mr. Johnson's side, Morningstar begins to stir.
galenbd
19:55:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

When Mrs. Johnson steps forward and reveals herself as not Mrs. Johnson, alarm bells go off in Jamie's head. The adrenaline surge triggers her reflex enhancement and she flinches slightly. She slowly looks around the warehouse for cover as she asks, "K, are we double-crossed?"
SneakyJoeKDB
19:55:45 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

With the appearance of the new figure Bubba steps back behind Morningstar whipping both cyber guns out one arm to each side of Morningstar pointing both at this figure.

"You says the word boss and he eats led."
SneakyJoeKDB
double post.
Kliko
19:55:54 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Everybody be cool..." looking over the newly emerge figure in white 'I need to get me one of those quick draw holsters that actually fits my Predator' Hell yeah the figure in white gave him the jitters alright "Are you cool Bravo?" using Bubba's call sign, hoping it would catch up with the rest of his team.

"We are here to do business and our business for today is not getting anyone killed and leave this place with a big fat credstick... Now I'm sure Mr. Johnson here has a perfectly good reason for bringing along his friend."
Bastard
19:55:58 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The female asks, "K, are we double-crossed?"

The man in the white suit begins to answer when he is interrupted, "You says the word boss, and he eats lead."

The man smiles as giant aims his open hands at him, as he has repositioned himself behind the captive religious leader.

"Everybody be cool...," the obvious leader says, trying to cool the situation. "Are you cool Bravo?"

The man in the white suit
continues his approach with a smooth confident stride.

"We are here to do business and our business for today is not getting anyone killed and leave this place with a big fat credstick... Now I'm sure Mr. Johnson here has a perfectly good reason for bringing along his friend."

Still continuing his approach, the man in the white suit answers for the pale Mr. Johnson, "I don't think Mr. Johnson was expecting me either. However I am here, and heard his side of things. Now, tell me yours."

Before the shadowrunners can answer, the man in the white suit says, "Awaken Joshua."

Morningstar becomes increasingly awake, then jumps in his chair as he finds the man in the white suit approaching him. Mr. Johnson is unconsciously backing away, his eyes never leaving the man in the white suit's back.

The man in the white suit stops his approach about eight meters in front of Bravo and Joshua Morningstar, his hands still calmly hanging at his sides. His eyes never leave Morningstar's who returns the stare. This leaves the other two shadowrunners flanking the group at about a 45 degree angle.
galenbd
19:55:58 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie twitches again when the glowing man decides to wake up Joshua. We don't want to be here for this. These guys are zealots. No telling what they will do.

Outwardly, she turns her head away masking her discomfort with a perimeter sweep.
Kliko
19:56:04 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The Ares Predator III slipped into Kliko's palm with only a twitch of his chemically enhanced reflexes. Only microseconds later the smartlink II interface made the connection with the induction pads along Kliko's palm. Wielding the gun proper the smartlink sights interfaced with his image link, locking on Morningstar's back. "Hold it right there chummer. Do what you have to do" 'I'm not going to let this punk wizzer get the better of me!' ", but we have some business to attend with our Mr. J first."
galenbd
19:56:04 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

When Jamie hears Kliko challenge this guy, she lets her reflexes open. Primary targets are covered by heavy firepower. She draws her pistol quickly and points it at Mr. Johnson.
Bastard
19:56:10 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The sound of weapons being unholstered quietly echos through the old warehouse.

Mr. Johnson stops, his eyes scan the room, but his head doesn't move from the man in the white suit's back and his eyes lock back on. His hands slowly go up parallel to his face, palms out, the international sign for I give up.

The man in the white suit, smiles. He looks at Kliko, "I thought you were here to 'not getting anyone killed and leave this place with a big fat credstick'? Please put your weapons away. I don't think they are needed. I just want to here why my friend here has been kidnapped." He returns his stare to the captive.

Morningstar stumbles for words, "I..., I..., What's going on?"
Kliko
19:56:16 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Juliet, get in the fraggin car"

"Insurance sir. You want to have a chat with our mutual friend here, I want to make sure my crew gets paid" 'Damn right we can live another day.' "I'm making sure we both get what we want, sounds fair enough aye..." 'Who the frag does this motherfragger punk ass think he is? J is scared shitless of him. Where is ms. J?.... you know, frag me for calling a woman reasonable!'
galenbd
19:56:16 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie narrows her eyes at Kliko's command. She grits her teeth to keep her cool. Frag off.

Her gun never wavers from Mr. Johnson as she backs toward the warehouse door.
Bastard
19:56:20 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Juliet. Stay," the man in white suggests. "Since my friend here has no recollection of what has happened, one of you will need to fill me in. I will ensure you get your money." He turns back to Kliko, "How much does Mr. Johnson owe?"

Kliko
19:56:32 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Keeping his eyes on the motherfragger in White and the smartlink II crosshairs on Morningstar back."85... nuyen" Kliko responded.

"Juliet, please be so kind to holster your weapon and setup a demo for mr J and our good friend here."

SneakyJoeKDB
19:56:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba speaks to Kliko with his eyes and cyber guns still fixed on the man in white.

"Boss, last times we dealts with one of dese guys we had to puts two bullets in him. He aints our Johnson. He acts like he owns everybodies."

Feeling discomfort from the piercing look of the man in white Bubba blurted out,

"Morningstars a Traitors dats why he is heres! Althoughs he does give some damn good sermons. What's it to yous anyways?"
Kliko
19:56:46 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Thats right Bravo! We killed him good, but we got paid up front back then." Focussing his attention back on mr. White.

"Mr. White here, is mr J's boss I presume. And rest be asured, I have yet to find a boss who enjoys his people wasting his precious time." 'Drek... this was some weird-ass dragon worship-cult... who bosses weird-ass dragon worshipping cults?' and about then the wheels inside Kliko's mind spinned into place initiating thoughts he'd rather not think.

"So allow me to get to the point sir..." <swallow> "Mr. J suspects that our good friend Morningstar is a traitor and collaborates with some unknown third-parties, sir." 'keep the expensive words coming chummer, you're looking real smart' "He acquired our services to a) determine if his suspicions were true and b) deliver Morningstar to him in a discrete manner for further investigation...sir."
Bastard
19:56:50 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"A TRAITOR!?" Morningstar interjects. "How the frag am I a traitor!?"

The man in the white suit ignores the interruption and asks Kliko, "And you have the proof you were requested to acquire?"

"Who said I was a traitor? A traitor to what!? My fraggin' self!?" Morningstar continues his outburst.
Kliko
19:56:56 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Shut the frag up" moving his hand up instinctively to pistol-whip Morningstar back into submission before getting second thoughts.

"Juliet, be so kind to show Mr. White the telecom-files you cared to copy." Kliko lowered his pistol arm down against his side again.
SneakyJoeKDB
19:57:06 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba normally kept quiet in these situations, but he had an emotionally connection to the matter.

"Dont forgets dah part about Ghostwalker and dah other master. Did you betray everyones at the temples Morningstars? Yous working for another dragon?" Bubba placed his hands on Morningstar's shoulders, positioning to shake the truth out of him.

As Bubba's words came out he realized he might be dealing with something bigger than just a man in the white suit. The big troll trembled at the thought and his tone dropped as he spoke to the man in white,

"Are you his other masters?"
Bastard
19:57:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The man in the white suit pulls out his Cyborg12G phone, which Jamie had thought not to be out on the market yet, and tossed it to her. Kliko started a reflexive pistol whip to the back of Morningstar's head, but caught himself halfway. The man in the white suit's head snapped back towards Kliko, their eyes locking.

Holy shit, his pupils are even white!, Kliko noticed. He wasn't sure if he caught himself halfway himself, or if the man in the white suit had something to do with it, but his pistol was again at the ready.

"God damn it! Is someone going to tell me what is going on!?"

The man looked at Morningstar, "Quiet."

Morningstar followed the advice.

19:57:15 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The man turns to Bubba to answer his question.

"I was called here to review the information you have acquired and to check its authenticity. I don't think these religious zealots actually work for any dragons, though they would tell you otherwise."
ntwi
19:57:25 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Floating on the astral, Felix could sense the emotions spiking rapidly on everyone in the room, except for that man in white. That man appeared to be entirely mundane, but that level of emotional control was insane, not to mention how the frag he had revived Morningstar. That's one dude I'd rather not tangle with, keep it calm chummers.
Bastard
19:57:30 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie connected her flash drive to the cell phone and began the upload of the communication records, Morningstar's personal files, and the rest of the data that did not include security information. Those they would have to pay extra for.

19:57:50 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Done." Jamie broke the silence of the standoff. She tossed the smartphone back to the man in the white suit who caught the device with his left hand out of midair.

"Thank you," he said as he started looking over the data Jamie had copied over to his phone.
ntwi
19:57:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Felix allows his astral body to manifest onto the physical plane and speaks.

"We found records of several suspicious calls being made, but Morningstar himself has no recollection of ever making or receiving those calls. He considers no man or being to be his master, but believes every word that he speaks at the Temple."
Kliko
19:58:07 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Thank you Foxtrot. ‘Fragger just have away my bargaining chip’ “My crew has been very discrete with this op sir." Kliko started to sweat despite the freezing Denver temperatures, wiping it away with the back of his left-hand. "We did put up an extensive surveillance of the temple grounds and prepped for a non-violent hostile extraction of Morningstar sir."

"But we decided to act cautious and wait until we found some incriminating data on our mark. So we first opted for a sneak and peak matrix-run, better to keep a low-profile.” Turning to mr. J “My decker has some pointers on the temple’s matrix-security sir... for an extra fee that is of course.” ‘Keep your mind on your money and your money on your mind fragger’
Bastard
19:58:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Of course I believe everything the Children of the Dragon are! I started this sect!!!" Morningstar blurts out.

Mr. Johnson's quiet voice cracked across the empty warehouse, "What about the calls!?"

"What calls!? What the frag are you talking about, Brother Goldwing!?"

"I... I... I had to be sure...," Mr. Johnson, aka Brother Goldwing stuttered out, his head down.

"Sure of what!?"

"I... I... I don't know," he tried to use the child's fake excuse of ignorance to avoid admission.

"There are better ways to go about it than this!?"

"I... I'm sorry... I'm sorry."

"So," the man in the white suit interjects. "We are all in this warehouse, in the middle of Denver, in the freezing cold, with guns pointed at each other, because of your paranoia."

"It... it was... I wanted to be... I thought..."

The man in the white suit holds up his hand and Goldwing stops his dejected ramble. "It looks like in addition to wasting all of our time, you also wasted your money. There is no crime here, you idiot... Except your own stupidity."

"I... I thought he was a traitor... I am happy I am wrong... I just wanted to-"

"Me a traitor!? You're the one who paid shadowrunners to assault the Temple, kidnap me, and kill who knows how many of our friends, you son of a bitch!"

"We did not kill anyone," Kliko informs Morningstar, as well as the Johnson and the man in the white suit.

The man in the white suit directs Goldwing/Mr. Johnson, "Pay these men."

Mr. Johnson doesn't move.

"Now!," the man in the white suit's voice booms through the warehouse. "Please, gentlemen. Can you lower your weapons, you are making negotiations difficult."

Mr. Johnson approaches, dragging his feet the entire way. He hands Kliko a credstick, "Mrs. Johnson said it is all there, what ever you agreed upon. You can check it. The password is 'We Hope': Capital W, small e, capital H, zero, small p, three."
Kliko
19:58:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko tossed the credstick to Juliet keeping his gun at hip level, the Predators smartlink II crosshairs trained on Morningstar back “We cool?” Juliet slotted the credstick checking it for the correct amount. “71.5”

Comparing the number against his expected returns. Kliko exclaimed “Denver sure is an expensive little town.” Before finally holstering the Predator in the concealed holster at his lower back. "Charlie, we clear outside?" 'Time to get the frag out of here'

"It's been a pleasure doing business with you fine gentlemen. Please let me know if you require any further services from our side sir."
galenbd
19:58:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie slots the stick into her deck and checks it. She looks up at Kliko and says, "It looks good." Then she starts backing slowly toward the door.
Bastard
19:58:28 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Now, Mr. Goldwing," says the man in the white suit, "you have wasted enough of my time, when I have precious little time to waste." With a flick of his wrist, as if he tossed a food wrapper over his shoulder, Mr. Johnson flies into the nearest wall and crumples to the ground.

"Mr. Morningstar," he continues.

Morningstar lets out a shaky high pitched, "Yes?," as he finally realizes he has no control over his fate. He is at the mercy of the four remaining people in the room.

The man in the white suit continues, "Your claims of innocence are true in your own mind, Joshua Morningstar, and this data is an obvious forgery." Morningstar's ghostly white face brightens and tears of joy run down his cheaks. He may survive this after all. "Now sleep," which he did.

The man in the white suit turns to Kliko, "For the love of God, please lower your weapon."

Kliko hadn't even realized he had brought his weapon back up.

"I have a job for you."
Mister Juan
19:58:28 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Fingers drumming on the steering wheel, unlit cigarette dangling from her mouth; Ludi was starting to be one anxious woman. She knew all too well why Kliko had given her the overwatch, and it made perfect sense. But even then, it didn't change the fact she didn't like it. Although the SUV was heavily armoured, what firepower she had at hand felt overwhelmingly light. Worst came to worst, she'd have to resort to improvisation... which would probably mean getting a few dins on Kliko's ride.

Twice she lit her lighter, almost bringing the flame up to her lips, but regained her composure. Kliko would have her head if she started to smoke in his car.

As minutes ticked by and nothing happened, Ludmilla started to bounce around from bored to anxious. Anxious because things were starting to drag on way too much. Bored because... well... she wasn't doing much.

She picked up her phone and was about halfway through dialling home when she felt Felix stir on the backseat. Somehow, in her boredom, she had completely forgotten about him. Under his closed eyelids, she could she his eyeballs move.

Suddenly, all Ludi could wish for was a big magic marker.
The kind that doesn't really wash off...
Bastard
19:58:35 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"All is clear, Kilo. I got an empty sedan close by. Presumbably Mr. Johnson's," Corsair calls over the radio.
Kliko
19:58:34 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Copy that" Switching his cybereyes mode to thermographic mode, Kliko glanced quickly over Goldwings cooling body 'He's gone.'

"I'm glad you wish to extend our business relationship sir, but I need a scope before I can commit my crews resources... sir" 'yes sir, no sir. Frag you sir! I'll put my head inside your ass so far up you might actually enjoy it.'
ntwi
19:58:35 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with Johnsons and the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

With a flicker of thought, Felix's ghostly body disappeared from inside the warehouse as he rapidly returned to his body. "Fragging hell. We got paid, and it all seems cool now but frag. The J showed up with someone else, someone that reads as mundane but appears to have serious mojo. This other fragger looked at the data, ordered the J to pay us and then killed the J. Now he's offering us a job. I wan't to know who the frag this guy is. Can you see if any of your contacts have any info on him. Tall, thin guy, dressed in all white and I mean all white, hell, even his pupils were white with some serious magical power, along with the ability to hide it."

Felix runs a hand through his short black hair. "I wonder what he wants to hire us to do..." Felix muses before shaking his head and refocusing on the astral.
galenbd

Jamie pauses. He wants to hire us. This guy is a serious mage. We have no way to stop this Johnson if he double-crosses us. And our fixer hasn't vetted this guy.

Kliko starts asking the right questions and Jamie waits for a chance to discuss this with the team.
Bastard
19:58:42 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"You have already proven yourselves resourceful. I am sure that 71.5K will be more than enough to acquire a scope. Now, to business, if you are still interested. How would you like to cause various mayhem throughout the city?"

The man in the white suit pauses while the team thinks it over.

He continues before Kliko has answered, "I already know you have a few questions, so let me try to answer them. You will get 50 thousand up front, another 50 when the job is completed. I have three specific targets. Unfortunately, they are all in the Aztecnology Sector, but I can provide passes if you need them. Fortunately, the exact job requirements aren't as... restricting," a smile flashes across his lips, "as what ever Goldwing had you doing.

"You will have an opportunity to earn bonuses with addtional targets, which we will discuss once you accept the job."

Kliko
19:58:54 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

“And what would you have us do to these targets you’re speaking of sir?”

“Why would you want out-of-towners for a job like this sir? Can we subcontract parts of this job and do you have any preferred subcontractors sir?”

“Sir, how you expect us to complete these objectives? This is not exactly our own turf, we might face challenges in obtaining and moving gear and ourselves around sir.”
Bastard
20:00:15 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

“And what would you have us do to these targets you’re speaking of sir?” Kliko asks.

The man in the white suit answers, "Mostly, cause various financial troubles for some competitors. Though, for the three targets I have preferred troubles that should be included. A warehouse you an completely demolish, if you want. A research facility that needs to know it was hit, steal some important files, developmental technology, or completely delete their computer systems."

“Why would you want out-of-towners for a job like this, sir?" Kliko continues his inquiry. "Can we subcontract parts of this job and do you have any preferred subcontractors sir?”

"It is not out-of-towners that I want, it is you. Your team," he answers. "You can complete the missions however you want. However, I would prefer, but do not require, that you hit the three primary targets yourself. I do not have any preferred contractors at this time."

“Sir, how do you expect us to complete these objectives? This is not exactly our own turf, we might face challenges in obtaining and moving gear and ourselves around sir.”

"I have already stated that I can provide you with the necessary documentation to get across the borders. How you get your gear across is part of your job. I am offering the job to your team because you already moved a person across borders," he indicates the to the bound man in the chair. "If this is too difficult for you, I can find another team."
Kliko
20:00:48 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

'Ludi had some Denver fixer contacts right?'
"Sir, any time constraints on the disruptions? I can imagine you want the timing just right sir?"

"Sir, let me check some things with my associates. Can we contact you someplace later tonight? We have to check our schedules and so forth..."
Bastard
20:00:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"I would rather take care of things right now. Including the 50,000 I am paying you up front, you just verified you had received over 70,000. If you cannot acquire the necessary tools with that kind of capital, maybe I have misplaced my confidence."

He pauses shortly, letting the shadowrunners stew over turning down another 100 grand plus job.

"If you want I can stand over there," the man in the white suit half heartily points off to corner of the warehouse, "and pretend not to listen, while you and your team discuss it."
Kliko
20:01:01 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Kilo to all: You up for another two weeks of Denver goodness? Three jobs in a row, one demo, one fake paydata run and one...other. Acknowledge by declaring your call sign, over."
'What the frag was this third run about again?'

"Ehm sir, what was your third target again sir?"
Bastard
20:01:05 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Oh, I think you will like that one. Their corporate office. You can just destroy it. Any matrix damage you can do is also welcome."
Kliko
20:01:11 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

'I get to play with explosives! again!' Kliko's inner child was starting to awake...
"And one other demo-job, makes for two demo-jobs and one bogus paydata-run on some sort of research facility, over"

"Sir..."

"Which corp would this be sir"
galenbd
20:01:05 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie triggers her comm, Juliet
Mister Juan

Hearing Kliko's voice bouncing around her head, Ludi tensed up. She had flown into Denver with next to nothing. If they were to stay for an extra two weeks, she'd not only need to do a fair bit of shopping around, she would also need to start calling in favours. If there was anything else the young woman hated more than a rush job, it was a rush job with no support network.

There was all that, and the fact she had promised Lana they'd go to the mall when she'd be back. She would have to stand her up, again. What bothered Ludi even more was that she was all too aware that each time something came up, Lana became less and less disappointed. She was just over 5 years old, and already loosing faith in her mother.

Cursing, Ludi threw her unlit cigarette on the dashboard. Lucky for her, her transducer didn't convey emotions. But then again, it didn't really need to. Kliko would know all too well that she'd be in a bad mood for the next couple of days.

Lima beamed over Ludi, keeping it short.

Picking her cigarette back from the dashboard, she rolled the window all the way down and lit it. Screw Kliko's pretty pristine SUV. And screw standard operating procedures. She'd just been robbed of time with her daughter, so a smoke was in order.

Running a hair thin cable from her pocket secretary to the port behind her ear, Ludi threw the car into gear. I was barely eight o'clock, and looking at her reflection in the rearview mirror, Ludi thought she already looked tired.

Prep work was her speciality; sleep would be in short order.

“Kilo-1 coming for pickup.”

Headlights off, the SUV started to creep toward the warehouse.

Through direct neural interface, things were already starting to jot themselves down on her pocket secretary:
To get
-Cigarettes
-Tea
-More hats

ntwi

Felix pops back into his body just long enough to trigger his radio Foxtrot before he returns to the inside of the warehouse on the astral to listen and watch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012