Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Kliko
17:41:06 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 22o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 24 inches of snow, Wind 32-35 mph NNE, Wind Chill 2-6o Fahrenheit

"I might have some tricked out eyes, but I don't see any of these foo foo boys market that upgrade anytime soon. The ranger told us to ignore the spirits and they would do us no harm in return... so that's what we did and here we are now, so I guess he spoke truthfully.

Could you do me a favor and setup that tent will you? The Gnome and Relentless must be broken when they get up here and we better give them a warm reception if you know what I mean..." wink
SneakyJoeKDB
17:49:12 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 22o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 24 inches of snow, Wind 32-35 mph NNE, Wind Chill 2-6o Fahrenheit

Bubba sips on his warm tea and relaxes a bit. He quietly observes the conversations and the actions of his crew. He begins to reflect on the journey and tries to place the "flash" he saw earlier. Bubba seems to be starring when Duster waves his hand in Bubba's apparent view. Bubba looks at Duster and the others.

"I was just thinkins... Dont knows if we saws somethins or its was just spirits, but whens we was climbings we saw somthings and it felt like somethins was watchings us? Yous guys sees anythings out of da ordanaries?" Bubba listens intently as he sips his drink.
Bastard
17:41:17 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

"Yeah, there is one floating all around Bubba right now!" Duster can't hold his excitement.
SneakyJoeKDB
"You bes seeing da spirits? Well heres another ones." Bubba tilts to the side and his large fatty body begins to jiggle, suddenly everyone's ears are shattered with the penetrating sound of a massive rippage. Following the noise, the most disgusting, eye burning smell and sensation envelopes the entire camp.

Bubba chuckles away as he looks at Duster who happens to be holding his nose and Duster's eyes appear to be tearing up. "Thats a real spirits... a toxics spirits." Bubba grins and chuckles some more.
Bastard
17:42:05 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

V hunches over dry heaving, " Ughh... toxic spirits are less harmful to the world than that...uhhhh. I think I am going to vomit..."

Knuckle Duster picks up where she left off, still holding in his own regurgitation with his hand, "It's gone now."
Kliko
17:51:17 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

Just to exhausted from the climb up Kliko sits up from the sleeping bag he sought refuge in 'ah crap'. "Yo Big boy, word is there is some good money in bringing in toxic shamans nowadays... better keep those spirits of yours to yourself will ya... or at least keep em out of my tent. For that kind of money I would bring you in myself..."

He's tired and it shows. As soon as some of the Sterno-heated snow melts to water Kliko takes one of rations he has been hauling along, zipp'in it up, putting some of the water in the heating pouch, before shaking it like a madman 'oh yeah!'. "What are you guys looking at? help yourselves get some chow team, there must be some in your packs too"

Sniffin the warm smell of food emanating from his ration pack, Kliko starts munching away... 'dinner time, chummer', life is good.
Bastard
18:15:05 Saturday, December 03, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

The team finishes setting up camp, so by the time the soft targets arrive, they have nothing to do but eat and get some rest. Good planning on their part.

After dinner, everyone is ready to pack it in for a long nap. However, Kliko is up and prepping his equipment and gear for tonight's assault. Others follow suit. Changing into clean clothes, repacking their rucks, cleaning their weapons, and prepping their gear so it's ready to go on the wake up call.

By 1900, everyone is fast asleep. The first couple hours fly by, pure exhaustion overpowers comfort, but late into the night, it is a lot of tossing and turning.

02:00:00 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 30o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 28 inches of snow, Wind 10-12 mph E, Wind Chill 21o Fahrenheit

Dee-dee-dee. Dee-dee-dee. Kliko's eyes open.
Kliko
02:00:01 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 30o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 28 inches of snow, Wind 10-12 mph E, Wind Chill 21o Fahrenheit

'Good morning Shasta!'
the sensation of never stopped to amaze Kliko. Out here the real question was whether he was yet dreaming or awake. The tents, depression and glacier covered with a pristine blanket of snow. Silence... no, the absence of background noises so commonly found in the sprawl, provided just that final ouch to an already magical environment.

First order of the day: insta kaff! was on its way as he relit the final chunks of fuel in their Sterno heaters and put some snow in their canteens 'hmmm.... insta kaff, makes the world go round...'. Kliko dressed up in warm underclothes before putting on the final layers of his camo-suit and one of the snow over-white coveralls he arranged for the occasion. Not until then he started waking up his other team members. "Yo, get up Big boy time to roll if you know what I mean. I've got some kaff coming up so dress-up will you? , yo Big boy!, wake up chummer..."

Leaving Bubba to wake up on his own and after waking the remaining crew members, he sat down in the middle of the depression, adding some more snow to the already heating canteen. It was an old, but effective trick really. Converting standard issue self-heating ration packs into improvised explosives. 'Keep it simple stupid' He'd considered using an incendiary grenade, but improvising this way just felt so much more professional. Besides, if they did get stuck they could have made good use of the excess rations...

Now Kliko was setting them up in such a way to thoroughly scorch and burn any equipment they had to leave behind.
Bastard
02:02:19 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

Bubba stirs, mentions something about donuts, and rolls over.

Kliko steps out of the tent into a winter wonderland. Large soft flakes of snow float slowly down from the heavens. This is the nicest storm the ork can remember. The wind has died down and seems to have warmed up a bit, relatively speaking, from their hike earlier. Of course, it is still below freezing. He steps out into a couple inches of fresh snowfall and rustles the other team members.

The wind is light, coming in short spurts of icy blasts that swirl the falling flakes and nip at any exposed skin. It is dark, no city lights and no moon or starlight either, due to the cloud cover. However, Kliko is surprised at how bright it seems outside anyways. The snow seems to give off its own dim light.

He finds a spot in the middle of the camp and gets to work...
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba sits up suddenly as he had been dreaming of donuts, he remembers he saved a donut in his paper bag stuffed in his inner coat pocket. Bubba rummages through his coat pocket to reveal the crumpled paper bag; he excitedly yells, "Yes!" He forcibly tears the bag open to reveal an old donut. Bubba excitedly devours the donut in stages speaking to the donut... "I love yous so muchs, when all dis is overs yous will have some families to join yas in a warm parlors with hot creamy sugary donutses."

The others hear Bubba's jabbering and wonder if Kliko is still in the tent with him. Bubba finally gets out of bed stretches, and gears up. He enjoys some of the warm soy kaf, courtesy of kliko, and then works with Kilko.
SneakyJoeKDB
Double post.
Bastard
02:16:37 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft

All packed up, mostly awake and ready to go, Kliko leads the team out of camp, and up the mountain. It is only about a half of a mile to the summit, but it is 1000 feet of elevation.

03:14:22 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Camp Whitney, Whitney Glacier, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 30o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 30 inches of snow, Wind 10-12 mph E, Wind Chill 21o Fahrenheit

Leading the way, Kliko can see what he believes is the ridge up ahead. Through the snowfall he can see artificial light protruding over the horizon, lighting up the snow flakes. He cannot see a fence of any sorts, but it looks like there is some flat land about 150 meters and a berm of sorts just beyond that.
Kliko
03:19:55 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 13,100 ft
Approximate Weather Conditions: 30o Fahrenheit, Overcast, 30 inches of snow, Wind 10-12 mph E, Wind Chill 21o Fahrenheit

The team makes its way upto beneath the ridge, Kliko and Bubba taking point, 50 meters something in advance of the rest of the group. Even at such short range it becomes difficult to keep a visual on eachother, snowflakes blocking the view as they fall down. The only way of really telling the others are still behind them being the noise they create as the team makes their way to the summit.

"We're nearly at the lodge people... we circle that patch of flat land here and have V and RG setup shop at that berm beyond there. First, Bubba and me make a dry run circling the perimeter. Let the battletac work its magic RG and see what it comes up with on the lodge layout. We join up again with Duster and you Relentless and need you" nodding in the Gnomes general direction "to alert us in case the system pick up any threats allright? If the shit hits the fan, we need you to make sure we don't smell to bad afterwards..."

"Do we have any intel on where this system is located within the lodge?"
Bastard
03:23:23 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Movement! Kliko spots it and hunkers down, turns around to make sure everyone is behind cover. They are. Looks like everyone sees it. Bubba can't take his eyes off the Lodge, his mouth open as if trying to swallow a baker's dozen all at once. Kliko turns back around to determine what the movement was.

That is when his consciousness catches up with his reflexes. From behind the Lodge rises the massive frame of the western great dragon, Hestaby. Oh drek! Kliko readies himself for battle, planning his next move. Bubba grips his laser crescent ax. Duster his tomahawks, RG her assault rifle, and V readies a spell. Relentless, well, Relentless sits up against the berm, cyberdeck clutched tightly to his chest.

Her wings spread as she is already gaining elevation quickly, Hestaby lifts off into the darkness of the night. Looks like she is going for some sort of early morning "jog," as she flies off heading north, away from the team.
Kliko
03:23:27 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'Don't move chummer, keep perfectly still... these draconic eyes spot an ant moving from miles away...

...no no no don't go for the gun...

... now be cool.'

03:27:52 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Last stop before Shasta Lodge team. If any of you have second thoughts on this run, now is the time to say so. You're free to go, but don't expect any nuyen for just showing up alright... Hestaby has left her lair " nodding in the Lodges direction "so we have a limited window of opportunity before she gets back and I for starters intend to use it."
Bastard
03:23:58 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Kliko gets a sea of blank faces.

"Well, hell! I am still in," RG exclaims.

"That's easy for you to say. You're not going in the lair," Relentless says worriedly, his cyberdeck still clutched tightly to his chest.
SneakyJoeKDB
"lets get it dones, Bubbas can handles dis... now wheres dos you wants mes? "
Kliko
03:23:58 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"You're my man R... all but the Gnome and V are going inside that lair" pointing up the Lodge "with the sole purpose of covering your ass... Remember you said this was a simple datasteal apart from getting to this remote location? Well, we got you up here, lets make this datagrab allright? We'll be off this mountain before you know it."
Bastard
03:24:15 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"As long as I am behind the big guy, I guess I am ok," Relentless says in a shaky voice.

Looks like everybody is in.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba attempts to reassure the Relentless, " I haves takens bigger craps dan yous, you'll be oks..." The party looks at Bubba with confusion and they realize that it was the Giants sad attempt at comforting a fellow team mate.
Kliko
"Looks like the run is on gentleman. RG, lets put the Battletac online shall we. V, you're on astral overwatch, just make sure nobody sees you out there will you."

Kliko slotted the connector-cable from his hip-worn comm-unit into the neck-mounted datajack. A pop-up message inviting him to join RG's network appearing as soon as he routed the comm-signals through the cyberlink. 'Accept' Minimizing the login-screen listing active Battletac protocols and - algorithms, Bubba and Kliko head out into the night...

Snow flakes whirled around them as they made their way around the Lodge 'easy-going chummer, leave the analysis to the tech-guys'. Kliko's image started flickering in the Big trolls thermo-vision, making it increasingly difficult for the troll to focus on his point man. At least the Orc appeared confident with his part. 'Forget about the dragon chummer, never ever deal with a dragon chummer.'
Bastard
03:40:01 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Kliko and Bubba successfully recon the perimeter, spotting the cameras and exits. The Shasta Lodge looks like an old ski lodge, but redecorated by Queer Eye for the Native American. While its exterior is that of the old country, you can spot high technology in the form of a satellite dish, security cameras and maglock doors.

There is no fence surrounding the Lodge, just a small parking lot, and a lot of open land. It is quiet and peaceful, for now.

03:40:30 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"So-oooh...," RG breaks the silence of the night. "What's the plan? Want me to shoot out those cameras?"

"I can get you guys past the cameras," V interjects. "Unfortunately, once you are inside, you are on your own. While you guys reconned the outside, I checked out the astral realm. The building is encased in a magic ward, so the decker will have to take over from there. There is a drekload of spirits, most of them seem to be free, but I didnt want to press. You should be able to pass freely through the ward without raising any alarms."

Relentless, calmed down but still visibly nervous, says, "Okay, I can handle it. I can get us in, just watch my back when I am jacked in."
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba interjects... "We needs dah cameras knocked outs, V you gots any extra magic tricks to helps us on the insides? Also we still gots to get throughs a maglocked door, whose gonnas handle dats? If we could be invisbles dat would be greats or at leasts make Mr dah Relentless invisibles?
Bastard
03:40:42 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Yeah, I got the maglock, and can overwrite the security vid data once jacked into their computers," Relentless states, sounding more and more confident. His grip has eased a bit on that cyberdeck of his, but he still holds it tightly to his chest.

"I will summon up a spirit to conceal you guys, but any magic I use inside will set off the alarms," V says.

RG picks up, "And I will blast ANY physical security that follows you out, or tries to cut you off." Her machine gun nest is ready to go.

"Well? I am ready to do this before that fat bitch returns!" Duster exclaims in a raised whisper.
Kliko
03:40:50 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft
Kliko starts drawing a schematic run-down of the lodge in the snow. "Allright, let's do this chummers. We insert through the east-door here" pointing at the Lodges east-side. "RG, if the shit hits the fan we extract through the main entrance there." tapping the main entrance "This gives you a clear shot on anyone or anything following in pursuit. If everything goes to plan and we remain undetected, we extract through our insertion point. We meet-up here and head out along Shasta's main approach. Any questions?"

Relentless first prio is finding and grabbing the Kallisti-file. That includes schematics of the Lodges interior, which I need you to upload in the Battletac. Second prio is putting a loop in those security vids allright. We make our insertion 15 minutes after the charges at Camp Whitney are set to go off." 'It won't get any better than this' as Kliko swept the schematic from the berm's floor. 'But its the best I can do.'

03:46:05 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft
*THUUMP*, the first blast rolled across the mountainside quickly succeeded by a crescendo of similar blasts disturbing the peacefull serenity of mount Shasta. 'Game on'
Bastard
03:41:02 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Kliko. You want my nest right where it is, right? Guarding the main entrance? Maybe V can then swing out to cover the east side then."

Kliko
03:41:05 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft
"The nest is alright RG, but I want everybody to stick together in two's. Somebody has to be on overwatch when V is outside his meatbody. Who knows whatelse is roaming the summit?"

Kliko made a final weapons check on the assault shotgun dangling from the tactical sling in front of him. Loaded a fresh magazine and racked the slide in order to chamber a new round into the sidearm he had been toting around all day before installing a silencer to same. "Let's roll"

03:46:31 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft
The silence after the echo's of the charges unnerved Kliko more than anything 'will they take the bait?'. It was the same type of excitement he felt before the start of any operation as the remaining team members moved into position.

04:01:03 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft
The four of them quickly covered the final 50 meters to the east-door. Kliko knelt down, taking up an outward facing defensive position while Bubba and Duster postured next to the door. Ready to bust in as soon as Relentless rigged the door's maglock.
Bastard
04:01:29 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Relentless works feverishly at the doors locking mechanism. Click. Kliko, Bubba and Duster hear the audible release of the maglock and see the indicator turn from solid little red LED light to a flashing green one. They are already moving as the decker turns with a smile to wave them in.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba pats The Relentless on the back. "Good jobs," he whispers. Bubba then pulls out his stun batons after making sure his cyber guns are still loaded and ready for action, and then he cautiously peers through the open doorway. He looks for cameras, movement, and a quick skimatics of hallways, doorways, etc.

After a quick Assesment he looks at Kliko and whispers, "deres a camera aheads and another doors, we need to makes it fuzzy or at least put da ski masks on..." Bubba digs for his ski mask, but realizes he left it back at the campsite, and had grabbed a pair of underwear instead. He quickly cuts two eye holes and a mouth hole and slips the underwear over his head. He looks at the rest of the team, shrugs and moves into position.
Kliko
04:05:53 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'Frag' Kliko signalled the hall cam back to Relentless. "There is an indoor cam. 1. How much time you need to loop the security cams? 2. Can you loop them from outside the Lodge? 3. Can you loop them from inside the hallway?" The questions blinked on Relentless receiver-unit as a silent reminder of how fragged they really were.

'Yeah you go chummer, that's some fragging adaptability we're talking about here, remind me to get you a helmet if we ever run again' Kliko holds Bubba back while closing his security helmets visor and awaiting Relentless response.
Bastard
04:06:15 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"It's doubtful they have a hookup outside the Lodge, but it will only take a few seconds once we find their computer system and I can jack in.

"The quicker we move the sooner I can get into their system"

SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba gets the look from Kliko and says quietly, "I can do sloppys toos." Bubba then sprints down the hall with incredible speed and clobbers out the camera bulb with one stun baton and bashes the camera to the floor with the other stun baton! Satisfied that the camera is inoperable he examines the new door for locks and additional security devices. He waves the team in.
Bastard
04:06:40 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

After the giant thunders down the hall, the Relentless sarcastically states, "Well... that is one way to do it."

Duster puts it even simpler: "Fraggin trolls."

Relentless quickly makes his way to the next door and pops the maglock. With nervousness creeping back into his voice he says, "Okay, lets go."
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba, peers through the open door spots the camera at the end of the hall and darts for it repeating the double smash! Bubba then motions for Duster to take the nearest East door while Bubba stands ready to bust into the northern most east door.

Bubba quieltly speaks to the Relentless, "make sures the east doors in da hallways are unlockeds and jams da north and south doors of the hallways until we needs to move into dems. Duster and mes will enter to da easts, he will take the south easts doors ill take da north easts and we'll enters at da same times, any objections?" Bubba looks around at the team. 'Get it done chummer, something bigger than you is bound to come home'
Kliko
04:06:46 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Go Go Go, we must find him a jackpoint fast" Kliko whispers in a hushed voice. "Make sure you follow the tac-systems priorities... the Gnome's directions remain leading."

'Relentless: Change of priorities, loop the vid-system, relay real vid-footage to the Gnomes master unit, Bubba: stop trashing the cams'

Kliko drops on one knee before putting his ear to the hallways south-exit.
Bastard
04:06:52 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Duster grabs Bubba's shoulder. "Slow down big guy!" he whispers enthusiastically. "How are we supposed to cover this up!? We are all gonna be breakfast for sure."

Even Bubba can see the teams morale has dropped.

Kliko has his ear to the door, but is straining to hear anything. Then there is a loud click. Oh drek.

It is followed by a deep rumble that seems to be coming from the buildings walls.
Kliko
04:06:56 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

'Too late now chummers.' "They're on to us, hit them fast and hit them hard. We'll fragging deal with it." Grim-faced, Kliko carefully checks whether the hallways south-door is locked or not. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Bastard
04:07:00 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

A rumble starts to emanate from the walls, and is followed by a series of metallic clicks. This is shortly followed by a muffled thump from the south room, but seems to vibrate down the walls. Suddenly you can feel warm air blasting through the hallway and you can hear the whir of an antique heating system. Did anybody close the door?

There is a sigh of relief amongst some of the team, as they realize the sounds were just the heating fans going into action, and that the drek has not yet hit them.

"Bubba, put that bubble back up there, you oaf," Duster says as he picks up pieces of debris and shoves them in his pockets. "Now, even if we make a clean steal, she is gonna know somebody was here!"
SneakyJoeKDB
"Shes already gonna knows we was filmed, now lets get into the jack site and gets out of heres!"
Kliko
04:07:04 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"He" nodding in Relentless direction "will cover your ass in that regard" winking Bubba

As soon as Kliko realizes its the Lodges heating system starting up, he moves back down the east-corridor, closing the door down behind them. 'click'
SneakyJoeKDB
"From now ons when I break into a dragons lairs I bringins a riggers. Lets hope Relentless can cover the videos, in the meantimes I am da only ones thats been on films... you all can thanks me at my funerals."
Bastard
04:07:10 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"He can erase our images off the video. He cannot erase the damage a troll with underwear on his fraggin head did, running around smashing things up," Duster says through grinding teeth.

"Bubba, put the bubbles back up, please... and don't break anything else, before you get us all killed," the Relentless says with a shaky voice.
Kliko
04:07:14 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Relax chummer. There ain't gonna be nobody''s funeral. I'll make sure you get one of these" tapping the helmet "if... we ever run again. Now, you two" pointing at Duster and Relentless "cover this hallway. Lets see whether we " nodding in Bubba's direction "can find him a jackpoint shall we."

'Duster: can you check the astral plane as well?'

Kliko puts his ears to both doors on the hallways east-side before deciding which one to enter.
Bastard
04:07:25 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Sorry, not in here. Don't want to set off those wards.

Nothing can be heard from any of the doors. So far all is quiet and the BattleTach is not picking up anything, yet. Now if only it detected the astral plane...
Kliko
04:07:27 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

"Lets get a move on, cover me. We try this one first" nodding at the hallways south-eastern door. Kliko silently opens the door and dissappears inside. Heavy pistol at the ready...
Bastard
04:07:25 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Summit, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Inside, Kliko finds a stairwell leading down into the basement. He does not spot anything moving, so he pauses for a listen. He can hear the mechanical clicking and rumbling of what sounds like a large heating unit, but other than that, the ork cannot sense anything. Checking his BattleTach, reveals what must be a door at the bottom of the stairs, around the corner.
Kliko
04:07:29 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

Bubba and Kliko sneak down the staircase and make a brief check before entering the door down below. If there is some sort of heating unit, they might as well be lucky and find other service rooms down there...
Bastard
04:07:55 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

They find the door is unlocked. Carefully cracking it open, the find a short hallway on the other side. There are two doors along the left wall, none along the right, and none at the end.

Pausing to scan the room, it seems the heating unit is in the first door. That could be determined by the sound of the fans or that there is a placard sign on the door reading, "Furnace Room." The other door is a bit further down the hall, and the two cannot read it from there position at the entryway.
Kliko
04:07:57 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The pair of them rush along the hallway favoring speed over stealth to reach the door on its far end. They already wasted enough precious time bickering upstairs. Time to catch up...
Bastard
04:08:00 Sunday, December 04, 2061 - Shasta Lodge, Mount Shasta, Approximate Elevation: 14,160 ft

The second door in reads "Store Room." There is a maglock on the door, but due to a solid green light, it seems to be unlocked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012