Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Kliko
20:01:11 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

'Good thing the fragger can't hear the incoming comms'

"Negative Kilo-1"

"We be needing 50k a job sir, 50 up front to cover material expenses and cover commitments back home sir"
'Fraggin holiday to make up with Liz is gonna be fraggin expensive'
Bastard
20:01:16 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"I am offering more than enough, especially when there are not too many restrictions, and I am offering boarder passes and bonuses."
Kliko
20:01:22 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

'Frag' "I'm intrigued sir, but need to know more about these bonusses and secondary objectives. How doable are they?"

"Perhaps you can also help us obtain some of the kit we be needing off market sir? By the looks of it we be needing some type of explosives and detonators suitable to the job"
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
20:01:58 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

The man in the white suit plugs a flash drive into one of the ports on his phone and starts pressing buttons while Kliko tries to negotiate for more perks. The shadowrunner stands in silence for about 20 seconds after making his case, while the man is continues his typing.

Well, that is a bit rude.

The man removes the credstick, then holds it up about eye level. He says in a firm, but calm voice, "50K up front, 50K at completion. Plus bonuses for additional buildings based on value of the target and the effectiveness of your mayhem. This ranges from 5-25K each, an additional 5K for each additional sector you hit. I will provide you access to each sector if you need it. Take it or leave it."
Kliko
20:02:04 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

'Frag you' "Thank you sir" grabbing the credstick from mr White's outstretched hand flashing a (fake) smile and tusks.

"Bravo, can you open up the door for Kilo-1?"
"Bravo, Kilo ready for pickup. I don't need to tell you what to do Lima." 'lets hope she got the hint'

Kliko's mind raced forward with the prospects of the new run.
'1. Identify mr White, can we burn him and run with the 50k?
2. Lets find out about our targets
3. Lets get us some explosives and detonators, Frag yeah!'
Bastard
20:02:10 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Did you want those passes? How about the name and addresses of the targets?"
Kliko
20:02:16 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"Sir, I expected you to have loaded a briefing on the credstick sir."

"We be needing them passes true, is there a way I can contact you to transmit the relevant SIN data?"
Bastard
20:02:18 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

"You are correct. Everything you need is included on that drive, including my contact information."
galenbd
20:02:18 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

It seems we have a new job. Jamie starts heading toward the warehouse door slowly, trying to keep her eye on the man in white.
Mister Juan

Arm hanging out the window, with smoke curling up from between her fingers, Ludi creeped leisurely toward the warehouse. By the sound of things, everything had gone somewhat smoothly. Stopping the SUV by the pushed back rolling doors, Ludmilla's eyes peered into the the poorly lit space. Imperceptibly, her augmented vision compensated, giving her a brighter, if a bit grainier picture.

Some distance behind her approaching team, she saw a lone man, standing amidst the dim lights of the warehouse. Dressed all in white, self confidence oozing from every pore, he was rather hard to miss. Casually, bringing her smoke to her lips, Ludi glanced toward him. Literally in the blink of an eye, the man's face found itself locked in small solid state drive, nestled somewhere in the back of Ludi's brain.

She took a second picture, from farther away, from height reference. Armed with a few physical specs, and a rather striking style, she was pretty sure she could find who their man was.
Kliko
20:02:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Meet with the man in the white suit, Old Warehouse - CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko recognized the cigarettes heat signature as soon as it entered his thermographic enhanced cybereyes. ‘Bitch, do yourself a favor, quit smoking, increase your surviveability.’ Doors slammed as first Jamie, then Kliko entered Kilo-1.

Further down the road Corsair reeled in his surveillance drones from their respective overwatch positions. Bubba would just have to wait for a little longer Charlie-1 to complete his pick-up routine.

Kliko slotted the optical memory chip copying missions data to his headware memory before handing it over to Jamie
Ludmilla, Get us someplace we can talk aye. We be needing some explosives and detonators for this one for sure.”
galenbd
20:02:24 Friday, 7 April 2062 - In a van heading out - CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie takes the chip gingerly, looking at it as if it would bite. Hmmm, I wonder if the data is set to beacon, or the chip for that matter. Time to find a worm killer utility and a signal scanner.

Jamie pulls out the data reader she'd been lugging around for Kliko. Oblivious to the bounces and turns of the van, she cracks the case open and looks its innards over. Satisfied that it doesn't have any capacity to transmit, she slots the chip and looks the data over. She takes some notes in her image link for future reference and dumps the transcription into headware memory.

Satisfied for the moment, she comments, "Ludi, wherever we go, I need a nuker to shield this chip until I can make sure the data's not booby-trapped."
Mister Juan
20:02:48 Friday, 7 April 2062 - In a van heading out - CAS Sector, Denver

Exhaling towards the window, Ludi crushed her cigarette in the ash tray. Calling up a local map of Denver on the dashboard screen, she started browsing through the motel listing. Probably wouldn't be nice, or comfy, but at least, it would give everyone some shuteye, and enough time to decide on the next moves. That and the fact Ludi already had half a dozen calls to make.

Finding something that wasn't too far, she reserved 3 adjoining rooms and forwarded the information to Corsair.

For a moment, when Jamie added her request to the already growing list of “things to get”, Ludi felt like snapping back at her. She needed software? So what; Lana always wanted a pony but she didn't ask her mom. She looked at the decker through the rearview mirror for a beat, and decided, for once, not to snap back.
Mister Juan
20:05:08 Friday, 7 April 2062 - In a van heading out - CAS Sector, Denver

After a few minutes of driving along, Ludi decided to cut through the silence with her thick accent.

“So, Klik-o” she started in her own peculiar way “what do you want to do about new employer?”

She took her eyes off the road for a glimpse sideways toward him.

“I can ask in circle but...”

“It's “around” actually.” said Kliko.

“Yes, that is what I say. I can ask, but people might notice.”
Kliko
20:05:35 Friday, 7 April 2062 - In a van heading out - CAS Sector, Denver

"You can ask, but spin it. Lie to your contact, say something like he showed up during our previous run and started slinging serious mojo or something"...

"I don't know, we got to find out anyway Ludmilla. We can always subcontract the dangerous parts of this new run"...

..."and if mr White turns out to be a wizworm we can always save some of these explosives we be needing for the run." 'That was it, the word is out' "Better go with a bang then end up as wyrmfood."
Bastard
20:39:27 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

The Mount Inn is a nicer place than the others expected. It is five stories tall, well lit, well maintained, and Bubba thinks he saw a man in a suit just enter the building!

Valentine signs for the papers using her SIN provided by Miron and acquires two key cards for each of the three rooms; 401, 402 and 404.

After receiving their keys, the team makes their way to their rooms, trying to act as casually and inconspicuously as possible. However, Bubba can't stop staring at the chandeliers as he passes by each one, eyes wide and mouth agape. Even though they weren't that expensive, maybe 125 nuyen.gif at the local Moore Fixin', Kliko estimates.

"Already spending your haul?" Felix asks Ludi.

"Valentine seems to have, what you say... hotel miles."

Rooms 401 and 402 are at the end of the hall. The two "Master Suites" share a small common lobby behind French doors, then each room has a door of its own. 401 to the left, 402 to the right. Room 404 is on the right side of the hall and connects to 402 through the back of the room.

Felix had drawn the short straw to bunk with Bubba, but he was able to convince Kliko to bunk with him and Ludi. He felt like a third wheel, but it was better than feeling like he was getting tear gassed. Ludi still thinks he used magic on Kliko to con his way out of the deal, but she didn't blame him.

This left Bubba alone in 404, Kliko, Ludi and Felix in 402 and Jamie and Corsair in 400.

"Look at the size of these showers!" Jamie enthusiastically points out to Bubba, hoping he would get the hint. Kliko and Ludi look at each other, then look down shaking their heads knowing that the poor decker was going to have to be a lot more blunt.

21:10:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

With everyone settled in, they headed about their business. Most of it was waiting on the vital information contained on the flash drive Jamie had from The Man in the White Suit, or as Kliko now referred to him, Mr. White. She was in the middle of downloading a virus scanner, so it was going to be at least another hour.

Bubba was already heading out to find donuts, so Kliko, deciding food wasn't a bad idea, went to catch up and find real food for himself and the rest of the team.

Ludi was in her suite making various calls, and giving Felix a suspicious look, while he made his own calls and played on Magiknet.

Corsair went down to the bar to see what games were on.
ntwi
21:13:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Felix settled into the comfortable chair with a quiet sigh. Much more comfortable than the furniture in the safehouse. Pulling out his pocket secretary Felix pulls up his connection to Magicknet and takes a look at the Talismongers in the area. All those prices look abit high, but then everything around here does. Good reviews on that place though, I'll take a look at it in the morning if I'll be needing to set up a lodge here.

Pulling open one of his perpetual lists, Felix settled down to edit. Hmm... hard to guess what I might be wanting during this next run, and this team doesn't seem to settle on plans until they're just about in progress... TK, Puppetry and Fire all seem like good options for utility. Lightning may be able to do almost as much as fire though, and will certainly set off explosives better. TK or Puppetry then, and puppetry may be useful but it feels off at the same time. Something just not quite right about using someone else's body as a puppet. Hmm... looks like TK will be the new utility spell for this run, and it could come in fragging handy too.

Saving the latest revision and closing the file Felix opens up a new message.

21:35 EMAIL SENT
[Felix>>>Mr Crunch] >>> Mr Crunch
Attached is a list of formula's that I'm looking into acquiring in the near future. If you could get me a quote for them, digital formula preferred, I can take a look at it and place my order soon. Most of them would be for pickup at your shop in a few weeks, although the Magic Fingers would be electronic delivery to me. Like I said, let me know what I'm looking at pricewise.
Felix
attach - Formula List.odt

Sending off the message. Felix looks at the time before perusing Magicknet's forums, looking for any mentions of someone like Mr. White.
Bastard
21:11:15 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suit - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie plugged in to her deck and accessed the matrix. It didn't take her long to find the type of program she was looking for at M|Net Downloads that could scan for any tracers, viruses or trojans on the data acquired from Mr. White, as they were now calling him. The program, DeckGuard 9.2, was downloaded shortly, but would take almost 90 minutes to install and run the scan.

She decided to kill time on an underground decking forum, Dumpshock.

21:12:21 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi and Felix exchanged glances and went to separate ends of the suite. Felix plugged in and emailed his talismonger contact, Mr. Crunch. While he was busy pounding away, each index finger extended from a balled fist as he searched the keyboard for each letter, Ludi slipped into Bubba's empty suite.

21:12:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 404 - Bubba's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi was happy to find that the giant hadn't spent enough time in the room to let his scent take hold. She opened the windows as much as they allowed as a precaution anyway.

Her first call was to Mikhail Rodion. He picked up on the first ring.

"Privet, Ludmila," he said in smooth baritone voice, which made it easy for her to see the large man in her mind.
"Privet, Miki."
"Kak ya mogu byt' poleznym etim vecherom,"
There is a short pause, before she replies, "Umm... Moi zvonki ne vsegda o biznese."
Sometimes Ludi couldn't be as quick and abrasive when she was talking with Miki.
"Oh?"
"Okay. Vy pravy. Na etot raz ono i yest."
"Is this line secure?"
"Da."
"Idti vpered"
"Okay. Mne nuzhno," she reads the list slowly,
"--One Ingram Smartgun Mod 20t
---with 6 full clips of Regular Rounds
---One Ares Viper Silvergun
---with 3 full clips of Flechette Rounds
---One Laser Sight
---One Heavy Pistol Concealable Holster."
"No problem."
"Da. Odna problema. Ya v Denver." She waited for him to turn her down, something she has avoided for a long time.
There is a long pause as Ludi's heart rate slowly increases, making her very uncomfortable. Why is she letting a simple business transaction affect her?
"YA budu videtʹ to, chto ya mogu sdelatʹ," he finally answers.
He didn't ask the price range, Ludi didn't ask the cost. There was no need for it. Ludi knew the business he was in, and he suspected hers. They knew each other well enough that the price would be fair, and the cost would be paid.
"Spasibo, Miki."
"Dobro pozhalovatʹ, Ludmila." Her face felt suddenly warm as he said her name. "Kogda vam eto nuzhno?"
"Kak mozhno skoryee," she said, lighting up a cigarette, hoping it would stabilize her involuntary body functions.
"Kotorye mogut stoitʹ dopolnitelʹnyh," Makhail warned.
"Ya znayu," she admitted.
"YA budu vyzov tebya."
"Yeshche raz spasibo."
"Do svidaniya, Ludmila."
"Do svidaniya, Mikhail."

She hung up the phone with a sigh of thick blue-grey smoke. It was a non-smoking room, but she figured they wouldn't notice the burnt tobacco smell under the foul odor of Bubba once it soaked in. She took another drag as she thought about how she would thank Miki in person upon her return home. Her thoughts drifted to Lana, and her emotions transferred from excitement to guilt. She felt bad the away mission was extended, but it would provide enough money for a pony, or at least a pony ride, for her daughter. That's right - just buy her off! Now her emotions shifted to anger, and she began to think that Zina might be right about her.

21:15:20 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn parking lot - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko and Bubba, decided to stay on foot and look for food nearby. The hotel was only separated by a large lot and decent landscaping from a nearby commercial district, which they can quickly blend into the other foot traffic. As much as an ork and a giant troll can blend in.

21:17:01 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

It took longer than Felix thought to send out the email to Mr. Crunch. Maybe I should take some typing classes next semester. It took a few tries before he could remember his username and password for the Cal State East Bay website so he could browse classes.

21:18:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 404 - Bubba's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi finished her cigarette, checked the mini fridge and found a Grey Goose vodka that would do the trick. She threw it back before making the next call.

"Empire Gardens. Is dis for takeow," a young lady said in broken English.
"Ludi for Jiro," Ludi told her.
"No one here by dat name. Would you rike to hear about special."
Dammit. Every time! "Tell him it's Ludmila, please."
"Okay. Rudi for Jiro. You wait one minute, okay?"
"Yes. Thank you."

She listened to terrible music of someone blowing into wooden pipes or something for several minutes.

21:22:20 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lincoln Park Bakery - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba followed his nose to the sweet, sweet smell of baking bread. Instead of leading Kliko to Denver Donuts, he was saddened to find the Lincoln Park Bakery. Dejected, he looked at Kliko for direction, no longer having faith in his ol factory system.

"I am sure we can find something here for you, big guy."
"But me don see no donuts."
"Have you ever had a croissant?"
"No. Was dat?"
"It's a french pastry."
"French!? It aints filled wit snails is it!?" Bubba grimaces.
Kliko laughingly answers, "No, no. No snails. It's just a pastry, like..."
"What's a pastie?"
"Pastry. Like donuts and bear claws."
"Mes loves bear claws!"
"Well, its not a bear claw, but it is sweet, soft bread on the inside, and crispy on the outside. Kind of like the bread on a pig in a blanket, but sweeter." Bubba's smile got bigger with ever word Kliko said.
"Does dey gots frosting!?" Bubba's asked hopefully excited.
"Well... not like you're thinking."
"Oh..."
"Don't worry... maybe we can have them put some extra on."
"Ohs! Lets hope!" Bubba said rushing into the store.

21:23:33 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 404 - Bubba's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Finally Jiro picks up the call.

"Hello, Ludi. What can I do for you?"
"First. You still need to fix your music. Second. Can you arrange for me to acquire a Secure Jacket in Denver."
"Denver?"
"Denver."
"Hmmm... I will try and arrange something there, but no promises."
"Okay. Not likely?"
"I will see what we can do."
"That is not an answer."
"It is the answer I have. When do you need it?"
"As soon as possible. By the end of the week at the latest."
"I call you if I find you something."

21:24:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi passes through Room 402 to check on Jamie in Room 400. Felix is on Magiknet browsing for anyone matching the physical or any other description of Mr. White. So far he has found nothing, but sometimes you got to read between the lines. Information isn't always under the title you are looking for.

21:25:15 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suit - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"You find out what is on the disk yet" Ludi asked when she walked into the room.
"No. Still installing the virus scanner," Jamie informed her.
"You don't already have one of those?"
"This one has an anti-tracer, in case it has GPS signal, or some sort of tracer on it."
"Oh... So. You don't already have one of those?"
Jamie shot her a hard look. A hard look for her at least. Ludi did not notice.
"Where is Corsair?"
"He is in the bathroom. Polishing his drone or something."
"Okay. Is it damaged?"
"I hope not."
"Me, too. They are very useful."
"Some would think so," Jamie said, no longer withholding her smile.
"Why? You don't think the drones are helpful?"
"I don't think we are on the same page, Ludi."
"Same page?"
"Never mind. I was joking. I am sure his 'drone' is okay."
"Okay. That is good," Ludi says, satisfied.

22:20:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko and Bubba returned with food for the team. Kliko carrying a box full of smaller white boxes filled with Chinese food, Bubba carrying two large brown paper bags filled with assorted pastries and a smile from ear to ear.

"Dinner's here!" Kliko announces.

Felix responds with relief from his matrix search for the man in the white suit. Corsair responds by darting into the room and snatching a few white boxes from Kliko's arms. Jamie and Ludi enter more gracefully.

22:44:19 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba's voice can be heard from the other room, booming about exotic French pastries filled with magic, specially made for him. Jamie and Ludi were spared while Felix, Corsair and Kliko were held captive by the troll's exuberance while they tried to relax and let their food digest.

"Got it!"
"You got it?"
"Scan complete. Opening now."
"Is it clean."
"It's the opposite of Bubba. No viruses, no tracers, nothing. Go get the team. I will put it on the room trid."
Bastard
22:45:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

The team gathered in Suite 400, where Jamie had the job description from Mr. White displayed on the wall trid monitor.

You can do that?, the rest of the team thought, as they read the document on the 60 inch trid screen.

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
21:41:11 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi yawned and stretched like a tired cat. Had she been completely alone in the room, she might have even purred a bit. Picking this particular motel had been a complete shot in the dark, and odds were, it was probably a lot more comfortable than what Millard had hooked her up with. Time would tell...

Kicking her boots of, she tugged her feet under her, and curled up in the arm chair she had brought close to the front window. With two fingers, she slid the curtains a bit off and peered outside. Under the orange and yellow glow of the lights, the parking looked almost cozy. The city's light bouncing off a low cover of cloud made her feel twice as tired as she already was. Just a few hours ago, she'd been poised, ready to kill. Now, everything was already over and it felt like years had passed. Her body, fuelled by training, experience and technology still felt ready. It was her mind. Her mind was tired and exhausted.

Ever since Guyana, she had felt on edge. Vulnerable. Nervous. She'd find her mind wandering off too often for her own good. She was having more fights with Zina, and her patience with Lana was shortening a bit more every day.

She shuddered at the memory of that bullet, burning its way through her abdomen. She could feel the scar, still tight and fresh, making her skin feel stretched over her stomach.

Withdrawing her face from the window, Ludmila got up with a sigh and started unpacking. Even thought all she wanted was to curl up under the covers, she still had to go out and meet with Daze. That meant putting on a dress, fixing up a wig nicely, make up; the whole thing. Hopefully, she could sneak off without too many people seeing her...

The only time Ludmila Soren felt vulnerable was when she had a revealing cocktail dress and high heels.
Mister Juan
22:45:55 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Ludi came into Room 400 last, barefeet and without making a single sound. Hopefully, with everyone riveted on the screen, they wouldn't pay too much attention to her. But then again, it was like saying people wouldn't notice Bubba; it was pretty far fetched.

As far as everyone was concerned, the woman that was now standing in the room looked nothing like Ludmila. Sure, she had sort of the same face, but everything else was... not quite her. Her short crew cut had been replaced by blond locks of hair, pull up elaborately over her head, with just enough curls hanging off to suggest a certain playfulness. The makeup was expertly applied, giving her fuller lips and making her green eyes seem twice as a big as usual. Even in the subdued lighting of the room, her fair skin seemed a bit healthier. She had somehow found a way to get herself into a 3 grand, short black cocktail dress that showed off curves no one had ever seen on her; things she always hid under baggy clothes and thick layers of kevlar. A matching pair of black high heels shoes dangled in her right hand.

Looking at the screen, standing a bit behind everyone, Ludi tried to look as nonchalant as she could.

galenbd

Jamie is busy manipulating the data as everyone discusses it, so she doesn't notice Ludi when she comes in. She does soon enough and does a double-take. "Dressing to impress tonight are you? Hopefully it'll work on him."
ntwi
22:50:02 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"Seems like planning this will take some time. Might as well get a quick astral recon done and some questions answered while I'm at it. I'll be back in a bit." With that, Felix allows his body to go limp in the chair as he moves onto the astral.

Moving across Denver at the speed of thought, Felix first locates the Corporate HQ, easy to find with the nearby lake. Felix circles around the property, looking closely for any spirits or magically active guards while getting a feel for the general layout of the property. From there its easy enough for him to zip along 30th to the warehouse a few miles away. Here Felix circles the property in the same manner before judging the building too big to be warded and zipping through the building.

From there, Felix flies quickly down the highway to Colorado Springs and follows the large park to the research complex. One more slow circle around the area and Felix zips back to Denver and his body with a first impression of the three sites.

23:25:02 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"This looks just as complicated on the astral as it does on that screen. Didn't go into much detail but what I got was..."
Bastard
22:48:29 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

While the team read over the contract displayed on the wall trid monitor, Jamie continued to look at the files on the disc provided by the man in the white suit. There was a file called sinners, which she found a document as well as an executable file called sinner. The document explained the functions and the instructions for the sinner program.

Jamie scanned it over, and found that it would be able to create passes for travel into the Aztlan Sector, but can also be used throughout Denver. It even creates a false SIN that the pass is attached to. The program would most likely be good through January or February of 2063.

To create the ID, each person would need to provide a few things:
[ Spoiler ]

22:56:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - The Astral Plane - AzCorp, CAS Sector, Denver

The jaguar spirit of Felix glides around the perimeter of the large structure. He didn't spot any wards or watchers on the exterior, so he made his way to the interior. There he found a few wards on the top floor around what looked to be large offices, meeting rooms or conference rooms. He traveled throughout the building finding few active bodies inside, possibly 15 or so, but it was difficult to count. Two were magically active, so Felix quickly left.

23:05:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - The Astral Plane - Rocky Mountain Shipping Company, CAS Sector, Denver

At the warehouse Felix again found two magically active individuals, but no wards. Even at eleven o'clock on a Friday night, the warehouse is bustling. There are at least a hundred, maybe two, working the floor, plus several trucks loading and offloading.

23:18:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - The Astral Plane - Aztechnology Research Center, CAS Sector, Denver

The research center has some life, probably about 50-100 people through the four building research center, a few being magically active. The people are spread throughout the buildings, and their are several rooms in each building warded and several spirits throughout the building. Felix doesn't wish to draw any attention to himself, so he doesn't get too close to get more detailed numbers.
Mister Juan
04:11:01 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Staybridge Suites, UCAS Sector, Denver

From high atop her perch, she looked at the city's lights like so many stars in the sky. Somehow, from up high, naked body a few inches from the glass, she felt calm. She could feel the cold radiating from the thick pane of glass, giving her a glimpse of how life outside was. Blinking pins of lights were gliding along the roads and highways around the airport, like hurried fireflies, late of a meeting.

Slowly, she stretched her hand forward, letting the tip of her fingers barely brush against the cool glass. She felt the condensation that had build up over the night, stick to her index and she let it glide along. She looked at the tiny droplets of water, slowly rolling down. Outside, she could see a plane take off, silently, into a sky just a shade away from a nightsky.

Then, Ludi looked at herself; at her reflection. The blond wig was gone, but the makeup was still there, making her look like some butch barbie doll. Somewhere over her shoulder, in the soft shadows of the suite, she heard the rustle of sheets. She felt the tossing and turning of Daze. For a beat, she waited for him to wake up; for him to call her back to the warm bed. But he didn't. Maybe he looked at her. Maybe he was still sleeping. Ludi didn't turn. She simply stood there, her fair skin bathed in a blue hue; her naked body covered in scars and goosebumps. She hadn't planned tonight, but somehow, it had happened. Things had fallen into place in a casual sort of way. She wasn't expecting anything from Daze, and odds were, neither was he. They had just been two people, out on the town, who had decided to put work aside for a few hours. She appreciated his company. She appreciated the fact he was almost a complete stranger, and a man she would probably never see again once she left Denver.

Her hand left the window for her stomach. She prodded at her scars, counting the bullet holes. She thought about the first time she had really seen her own blood; about that piece of BMP they had dug out of her shoulder blade in Siberia. Some days, when the air was heavy with moisture and thick with cold, her shoulder would get sore. It would remind her of how close she'd come. It would remind her that someday, soon, her body would fail her. In this day and age, you either got faster with age, or slower. Unfortunately, Ludi wasn't gaining any speed. Soon, too soon, she have to take a gamble. Lana was getting older, and so was she. There was simply no way she could keep on living like this; spending her nights with merchants of deaths, buying hundreds of ways to kill and maim, in a city far from home.

“You know, you look better that way.”

Ludi felt a coy smile creep up on her face. She stood still, her hand still caressing her own stomach.

“You mean without clothes?” she answered playfully.

Somehow, without looking or hearing him, Ludi felt him smile at her bare back.

“Well, I ain't going to dispute that. I mean without the blond hair. You pull it off damn well.”

“Spasiba.”

Time passed, slowly, in silence. Time passed between two strangers in some high class motel room, just outside the airport. At this very moment, they could have been anyone. A couple on vacation. Friends. Long lost lovers. A man and his mistress. A businessman and the woman he purchased for the night. What they were, in the end, were simply two small cogs in a machine too big and too complex for them to see or understand.

“You should come sleep a bit. We still got the room for a few hours.”

She turned slowly, curling her toes into the plush carpet before tiptoeing through what little of her clothes were on the floor.

“That is not bad idea.”

Ludi sat on the bed, looking at Daze.

“Do I get your real name now?” he said with a smug.

“You know my name.”

Valentina? Really?” replied Daze, sarcasm dripping from the two words.

Ludi chuckled briefly.

“You get my name when I get yours.”

It was Daze's turn to chuckle.

“You do drive a hard bargain you know.”

“I could say the same about you.”

The both fell silent. Neither looking away, yet, not really looking at each other.

Come morning, they would both say very little to each other.
Ludi would hand Daze her list, and they would part ways.

Two strangers; going off to do their own particular brand of crime.

Two strangers; using each other for their own needs.

Two strangers; willing pawns in someone else's game.
galenbd
23:30:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

The meeting kind of winds down when no one has any answers, just expansions on current unknowns. The meeting is abandoned by Ludi who excuses herself to go pick up some equipment. Jamie is eager to get back to fiddling with this little program she's been given and the prospect of exploration of the warehouse host.
Bastard
08:21:12 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Staybridge Suites, UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi looked at Valentine once more in the mirror before exiting the bathroom. She found Daze sitting at the small table with his coffee, going over the list she had provided.

He wasn't able to provide much information about the current events of Aztlan and Aztechnology. Basically it was a war zone on the other side, but how was that different than anywhere else in Denver? Aztechnology was always an aggressive corporation, their guards highly trained and shoot to kill. The "Azzies," as Daze had called them, run the streets of the Aztlan sector.

However, Daze did have a contact that could probably acquire Ludi a safehouse. Probably.

He looked up as the blonde woman entered the room that the shaven headed shadowrunner had just left only thirty minutes before. The corners of his lips turn up quickly, and just as quickly disappear.

"One Fabrique Nationale Herstal Assault Rifle," Daze pronounces perfectly. "That is a nice piece of machinery. And expensive. That will run you about 3000. For only 1600, you can get an AK-97. Of course, it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles, and not nearly as accurate as the HAR..." he looks up to see Valentine staring at him. "But of course you already knew that."

"Next on the list, some ammunition. That is simple enough. That will be 350 for 5 loaded clips of reg, and 350 for 3 loaded clips of gel rounds."

"Incendiary mortar rounds are 600 each, but may be harder to get my hands on. I will look for anti-personnel and high explosive in case I cannot get the incendiary to you. They run a bit more. The HE around 800, and the APs are 1000."

"Incendiary grenades will run you 120 each, or I can get you a box of 12 for 1200. White phosphorus are 450 each, or 5000 for a box."

"Commercial explosives are 80 a kilogram, Plastic IV is 100 a kilo. The radio detonators are going to cost 600 each, but for eight, I can swing you 4500."
Mister Juan
08:21:12 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Staybridge Suites, UCAS Sector, Denver

Arms crossed, leaning in the doorway, Ludi watched Daze sitting at the table. He'd offered to pay for breakfast, which she had politely declined. Hunger wasn't something that came easily to Ludmila in the morning, and even thought she had slept like a rock, she still felt tired. She had let her guard down last night, and most of her facade had slipped. It was only then, when had pushed all worries and paranoia in the back of her mind that she'd discovered how tired she felt. For one night, she had let go of who she always pretended to be, only to find a beaten and exhausted woman. Life was starting to take it's toll.

Slowly, as she swayed her hips slightly, taking a seat a the small table, she found herself slipping back into her persona. She pulled a crumpled pack of cigarette from her bag, and by the time the cigarette was between her lips, Daze held a flame at the end of it. As the tip flared and smoke rolled into her mouth, they both looked at each other.

Ludi leaned forward, exhaling smoke through her nose.

“Forget mortar, gel rounds and incendiary grenades.”

She leaned back, looking over the city as she ran numbers over in her head.

“Put me down for rifle with five clips, and one case white phosphorus. If you could find timers instead of radio detonators, I would be very thankful.”

“What about the explosives?”

“I need to talk with my people first.”

Through their dealings, Ludi had never mentioned anyone else. It had always been plain to Daze that the woman didn't work alone doing... whatever it was she did. But nevertheless, she had never bluntly referred to anyone else. Pretences were starting to fall in lieu of honesty; or at least, a lack of masquerade.

“I will come back to you as soon as I can.” she added, her hand almost going for his arm, yet, stopping short on the table.

“Alright. I can get you the the rifle in 2 days. The rest, sometime next week.”

For a beat, they smiled at each other. Crushing her barely smoke cigarette, Ludi gathered her things and headed for the door. She had the handle turned halfway when Daze spoke.

“By the way” he started, as she turned to look at him.

“It's Darius.”

For a moment, Ludi stood there, stunned and frozen. She thought long and hard about what she would say and do.

Ludmila.” ended up being all she had to say.

“You have yourself a nice day, Ludmila.”

She turned around and left before her could see her smile.
SneakyJoeKDB
23:15:28 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba watches the information displayed on the trid and his heart starts pounding as he realizes it's going to be a Shadowrunner's Christmas.

"You Means I gets to blow stuffs up! Ooo ooo ooo..." Bubba studders and then like lighting spits out more words with his right foot tapping at accelerated levels. "I gots two Heavy Machines guns back ats home an RPK-HMG and uh Stoners Ares M107s... can we get em can we get em Klikos?

Bubba then froze and staired at Kliko with his eyes wide open while revealing a gentle smile. Kliko saw this look before with his own children just before Christmas.
Kliko
23:15:34 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Looking up from the pocket secretary he slotted moments before Kliko replied "Negative chummer. Transporting your RPK cost some 5k, we should be able to get you an Ingram for less then 3, even at Denver prices that is. You think you better cover my ass with an Ingram in your hands?"
Mister Juan
09:01:21 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Coming into the room she shared with her teammates, Ludi found exactly what she had been expecting; Kliko. Seated in on of the only two chairs, his pocket secretary on the small table next to him,he simply looked up. He held her eyes for a moment, then looked toward her undisturbed bed, then back to her. Ludmila felt she knew the ork well enough by now to guess accurately what he was thinking. She understood his concern all to well, and if the roles had be reversed, she would have probably been a lot less composed than him. Nevertheless, part of her couldn't help but feel slightly insulted; as if she was a some child that couldn't care for herself.

She forced some insincere smile on her face, dropped her handbag on her bed and kicked her shoes off.

“So?” Kliko said after a moment of silence.

“Everything is good.” she stated flatly, massaging her feet.

“Where exactly were you?”

“You know where I was. I told you.”

“And meeting your contact took you over 9 hours?”

“Yes” she sighed out letting go of her feet and turning towards Kliko. “You are not my mother, Kliko. You think I cannot take care of myself?”

“Damn it Ludi, I didn't say that. I was just concerned, ok?”

“Why, because I am little fragile woman?” Ludi continued, her tone getting harsher.

Kliko had also spent enough time around the young Russian woman to know when she was looking for a fight; and this was one of those moment. Whatever he would say, Ludi would go at him and vent out. He took a deep breath and leaned forward in his seat.

“Listen Ludi; I would have been exactly as worried if it had been anyone else. I just like to know where my people are. I know you can take care of yourself, you've proven that more than once, but you're an essential asset to this team, and I can't afford to lose you. Not now.”

She had her mouth halfway open, when Kliko raised his hand to stop her.

“How you conduct your business is none of my concern, as long as it doesn't put the team or the job in danger, so I don't want any details. I just want you to keep me posted in future, alright?”

Ludi got up from the bed with a sigh and walked to the bathroom. Whatever pent up anger she had built up had started to dissipate. She took her wig off and started to run the water.

“How did it go?”

“Good.” said Ludi over the slash of water.

“What can you get us?”

“Everything.”

Kliko had expected a few bumps in the road, especially considering they were all new to Denver and had very little pull. The fact that Ludi seemed confident she could get them anything they'd need was a welcome breath of relief.

“Even the explosives?”

Ludi poked her head out of the bathroom, this time with a real smile on her face.

“We're actually going to need a Light Machine Gun for the big guy also.”

“Not problem.” said Ludi before disappearing back into the bathroom for a few minutes. When she came back out, Ludi looked like her old self again. She sat down with Kliko.

“By when do you think we can get our hands on everything we need?”

“Maximum one week.”

“Good. It gives us enough time to do some recon. We're going to need 16 kg of plastic, and 6 timed detonators.”

“What about grenades?”

“A figure one case of WP and Incendiary should do.”

Ludi nodded, taking her own psec out and connecting it to her datajack.

“Are we set on a safehouse in the Azzie sector?”

“Not yet, but it should not take long.”

Ludi drew up a final list, and after reviewing it with Kliko, she sent it to Daze.

Now, it was time to get to work.
Bastard
09:09:21 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 402 - Kliko, Ludi and Felix's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

09:09 EMAIL SENT [LUDI>>>DAZE] >>> Here is our updated List >>>
[ Spoiler ]

09:13 EMAIL RECEIVED [DAZE>>>LUDI] >>> 15800. Package ready by Thursday or Friday. Working on safehouse still.
galenbd
23:30:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

After the meeting broke up, Jamie settled down to find out if there were any jobs at the sites they intended to target. After a three hours, she makes some notes and heads to bed.

11:09:21 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Up bright and early for her, she trudges into the kitchen for some soy-kaf. After a shower and some breakfast, she jacks back in to pick up her search.
galenbd
10:22:34 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie's first job search had left her disgruntled, so she delved a bit deeper. 12 hours later, she reviews her results before showing everyone else.
SneakyJoeKDB
23:15:34 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Mount Inn, Room 400 - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"Negative chummer," said Kliko. Transporting your RPK cost some 5k, we should be able to get you an Ingram for less then 3, even at Denver prices that is. You think you better cover my ass with an Ingram in your hands?"

"Says you... I gots some peeps I can talks to also. If Ingrams the best we can dos I'll takes it but let me makes some phone calls firsts."

09:16:21 Saturday, 8 April 2062 - Mount Inn, - Bubba's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Bubba really wanted his heavy weapons. Something about that last run in the Jungle and smoking some baddies with the Stoner HMG got him all excited! 'I bets JJs can get me what I needs, he was a pro runner in his days.'

Bubba dialed JJ.

"Hello?"

"JJs, its Bubba."

"A little early for you isn't it? And why haven't you called me in a while?"

"I been busy, got lots of works."

"Well a phone call or visit now and again would be good. After all who raised you?"

"You rights JJs, I can do betters, buts I had to lay low for a little whiles and we both knows dats what your doings in retirements. I don't wants my dirty tracks leading backs to you. Yous all I got. That would be worse thens what my parents did."

"I still haven't heard from them. Is that what you are calling about?"

"Nos, don't bring them ups! I need to stay focuseds rights now!," Bubba pounded the hotel desk and went silent. He hated his parents, and every time they got brought up his childhood wound re-opened.

"Bubba... Bubba... what do you need son... I can tell you need something?" JJ always seemed to know how to bring Bubba back around. A tender gesture such as son got Bubba talking again.

"...I need my guns... the big ones back at the safe house... delivered to Denvers with all da fixins. I gots a big jobs... can you do its?"

"Denver? I have done some jobs there in my day... that wont be easy. What you are asking will take some serious nuyen. Let me see what I can do. I do have a few favors I can pull."

"You'res da best!"

"Well it hasn't happened, yet, kid. And you better not get yourself hurt out there. Remember your training."

"I wills JJs. Stays alerts, stays alives!"

"Live it! And cut back on the donuts before your kill yourself that way too!"

"You knows I can'ts do thats."

"I'll be in touch with you."

"Byes"

'click

Bubba was excited! He had a lot of confidence in JJ and talking to him always seemed to give him a moral boost. Bubba could sense genuine care. In fact, he felt so good he decided to take a shower and clean up. If only he learned to wash his clothes and relax a little with the cologne. Still for Bubba it was an improvement. Once showered, dressed, and reeking of bad cologne it was time to find some donuts.
galenbd
23:22:34 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Tired, Jamie jacks out and heads to the bathroom. I can't believe there's nothing. I guess I'll have to give Kliko the bad news.

Coming out of the bathroom, she goes and sits down next to Kliko. "Bad news, boss. AzzieCorp doesn't post hiring requests by location. If I spent a few days working on it, I could probably find something specific, but it's being closely held. There is an internal hiring site, but it asks for information. It doesn't give information. We could post resume's there, there's no telling which facility would call. Given that we're still gathering information, I thought not hacking them just yet was a good choice. If we really need that in, I could probably do it"
Kliko
23:22:44 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"Can you deck into their system and slot some of us in their rotation schedule? Felix claims he can basically mind-rape some of the Azzies to obtain the same information with no exposure at all. Bets not have our pictures and data roaming around some Azzie network... You know thye actively hunt shadowrunners who ran against tehm right?"

Grabbing a soybrew fromt he minimbar. "But then again, nobody claimed this would be a milk-run... still I think we should dodge one of the targets. You got any preference?"
galenbd
23:22:44 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"From here? Probably not. I'm sure it's behind some glacial hosts. It's the getting to it that can be troublesome.

The local security host I'm pretty sure I can handle. If we can find a way in locally that would keep you from disposing of my corpse."

Jamie thinks on his other question. "I'm not sure I have a preference. Corporate offices represent the highest risk. However, it's probably what our Johnson's paying us for."

Kliko
23:22:50 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

"Ok, so what if we do the easiest, say the warehouse, run first, say a week before the other two" ... "Would you be able to jack in the Azzie system from there?" 'This could even work, but our timelines are getting stretched, Jessica will go medieval upon my ass.' "How long would you need to put is in their roster?"
galenbd
23:22:54 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie brightens a bit in spite of her exhaustion, "That might work. It's an assumption that the warehouse and the corporate offices are connected, but a week ahead gives up plenty of time to confirm that."

"Another idea is to insert some people into the rotation schedule early, but leave the dataline tap in place. We also don't blow the warehouse then either. The night of the corporate office insertion, I infiltrate the warehouse again and run against the corporate host from there. When I exfiltrate, I blow the warehouse. We get two in one night."

"My main worry with that plan is that the Azzies will realize their warehouse was penetrated and bump security."

galenbd
23:25:04 Saturday, 8 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

The conversation with Kliko didn't really resolve anything. Jamie sets down in front of the trid and tries to find a race on. She couch potatoes the rest of the night away.

10:07:11 Sunday, 9 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Jamie wakes up and burrows back into the covers. Five minutes later, she gives it up. Once she's awake, there's no going back. She heads down to get soykaf and says good morning to everyone. After breakfast and a shower, she decides to try and work out what security exists at these facilities.
galenbd
10:12:11 Sunday, 9 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

There's a run down coffeeshop nearby that been into a couple of times while the others have been out looking around. It has a Matrix hookup as well. However, it's not in a great neighborhood, so Jamie is interested in having someone watch her body while she's jacked in. Jamie talks to Ludi asking her to stand guard and the soykaf is on her. After that is all set up, she decides to make that recon just after breakfast on Sunday.

The shop is pretty much like Jamie expected. They by a couple of large expensive soykafs to keep the store owner satisfied that they are paying customers. Once they have a booth, Jamie gets comfy and jacks in. Paraku manifests in her deck slowly fading in like wisps of fog. Once fully active, she pulls out the Denver MSP account she prepped in Seattle. She breathed it in and blew it out, following it out into the Denver LTG.

The CAS RTG is a stellar example of government run iconography, full of stereotypical lowest bidder details. Zipping past, Paraku watches as icons of Daisy Duke and the General Lee seem to be favorites. She shakes her head at the cliches and looks around for the portal to the RTG. The Aztechnology gateway hovers above the CAS iconology, an obvious border crossing to a legitimate user.

Paraku considers that for a moment, then moves up to the CAS RTG heading instead for the Transpolar Aleut RTG. Paraku slips into the frigid feeling TransPolar net, bypassing the slowly moving Polar Bears with little trouble. She dives down to the gridlines, the sleet cutting through her icon. Brrr. She hovers over the grid and looks back at her tail which causes her datatrail to manifest. She ties it into the grid and smiles. Now I'm off to Salish-Shidhe.

Rising back up, she dives back out of this RTG and toward Salish-Shidhe, a portal which appears as a caravan of dogs pulling travois heading south. Paraku hops on to travios burying her icon into the skin covering and rides it on into the LTG. Again she plunges down to the base of the grid to bury her datatrail. Over and over, she repeats this trick, burying her datatrail in East Russia, Siberia, Bermuda, and South Florida.

Then she looks for a portal to the Aztechnology RTG for Denver. It's iconology ia a roadway paved in large stone blocks with a pair of guards in ceremonial kit standing watch over the road. Paraku muses at the iconology. They're certainly shaped to intimidate. Settling down behind one of the icons, she pulls vapor for her icon. She shapes it carfully and throws it toward the gateway, flowing in as the buffer overflows and the portal hangs open

As the portal hangs, she slides in as a wisp, exiting into the Aztechnology Sector RTG just before the buffer purges. Aztechnology spares no expense on their sculpted imagery, although it is standard throught the nation/corp. The historical might of the Aztec's is on full display in the ancient version of Denver.

Jamie pulls down the LTG she needs to get to from her headware memory. That address uploads to her icon in seconds and she's off like a shot towards it. Paraku settles down beside the LTG and builds a set of passcodes. She incorporates that into her icon and heads for the LTG she needs. Flashing her adjusted passcodes, she slides through the portal into the Aztechnology LTG and takes it all in. Time to explore, I think. Before her lies a bustling Aztec city, with wagons carrying goods, slave auctions, acoylotes and guards scattered around the city, perpetually in motion.

Paraku huffs mist into her paws. As it billows up the access nodes are slowy revealed. Paraku watches the mist flow towards a somewhat derilict building on the outskirts of town. She turns her attention to the derelict building. She fly around it at a distance, moving in closer, bit by bit. Again, she forms some of her icon into what she thinks will be a passkey. She blows it toward the access node and follows it in.

The inside of the hosts stands in stark contrast to the sculpted environment outside. The bleak looking UMS standard iconography feels lifeless compared to the vivid life of the Aztechnology LTG. Ok...First to find cameras. Paraku huffs into her paws again looking around for any slave nodes that connect to site cameras, however, the mist floats in Paraku's paws, not seeming to go anywhere. Intriguing...Let's see if I can find a Matrix connection to rigged forklists.

She repeats her task, looking for a different target. Again, the mist floats in Paraku's paws, not seeming to go anywhere. Perhaps the cameras really are closed circuit here. Ok...I'll come back to this. Lets focus on what we need to know first.

Paraku flings out bits of her icon in several directions. Hopefully they will find the inventory files we want. This time, the mist flies in the direction of a rectangular icon. Harumph At least that's findable. Paraku accesses the file and starts pulling it down. It wisps out of the icon as blue filaments, pooling in her palm. The data flows smoothly to Paraku's hands, though it feels like the system warmed up.

Paraku looks around suspiciosly. She huffs into her cupped paws again using the mist to reveal active IC. None reveal to Paraku's view. Maybe it's a low level system alert

Ok, lets tackle the security camera problem another way. Paraku sends parts of her icon back into the file system looking for some form of emergency procedures document. The mist flowing from Paraku's claws breaks into two strands, heading for the "Security" node and another rectangular node. Ahhh. The realization comes to her. Tricky. I'm not ready to go there yet. Following the mist, it diverges agian into three smaller ropes, flowing into doors that look like a Safe, a wooden door and a doorway of cascading symbols.

Turning away, Paraku opens the contents of the inventory file she downloaded and looks it over. It appears to be a listing showing the pallets and crates in the warehouse,containing warehouse location, weight, shipping location and destination. Looks like we'll have to provide our own accelerant...Unless.

Paraku looks over to the retangular node she just found. She starts spooling it into her palm like the other one. Paraku spools the data into her palm, and notices another icon appear. A new persona moves across the UMS background waving a "Probity Probe v5.1" across the digital realm. Paraku fades quickly into the background as she watches it move through the system. Paraku eyes the IC grumpily. I need to get into that Security Host, however, it will burn me for sure. Patience Let's wait a bit. Paraku carefully removes all traces of herself from the system and jumps down her datatrail into her deck.

So, after logging off and spending an hour on a coding project, Paraku prepares to dive back into the Matrix. Having walked this territory before, Paraku flies through the necesity of keeping herself from being traced. After weaving her path across the digital realm, Paraku approaches the stone pathway to Aztechnology once again.

She puts together a new packet designed to freeze the portal so she can slide through, then hurls it at the gateway. Paraku smiles to herself. I wonder how long that security hole has existed. Good thing no one's really paying attention. Now down to street level. She pulls more filaments from her icon and builds an local authentication packet. As she approaches the LTG she needs, she hands it off, overriding her deck signature.

Given how behind she got last time, Paraku wastes no time heading for the derilict host. She rummages around for the packet that got her in last time. It needs a quick update for the current time which she does easily. Then she uses that to access the external host. Paraku takes a quick glance around to confirm that the host looks the same. Ya never know when some security hack will try to lay down a security patch.

Paraku floats in the middle of a packed warehouse, with digital boxes lining the shelves (containing weight, destination, from location, warehouse position) and a clipboard containing all that information hung on the end of the row. There are three doors that stand out in the warehouse, one Safe-like, one wooden and one of scrolling characters cascading down the doorway. An office sits in the corner of the warehouse.

Paraku janders up to the safe. She pulls together a packet of mist into her palm and slowly blows mist into the lock, handle and cracks around the door. Approaching the Safe-like door, Paraku notices a small plate by the Handle, "Safeguard Security LLC"

Paraku muses to herself for a moment. That's a link to the local security contractor I found yesterday. Lets look at the other two and make sure. She breezes over to the wooden door and fills it's cracks full of her breath as she tries to discover what it is used for.

Small glowing letters hover over the wooden door, "Safeguard Security - 6th World Division" while Paraku can make out "MT Guard" in the cascading letters on the digital doorway. Intriguing. I might want to get into there as well. However, security is bound to find me if I keep this up. Time for an account. I'll need it later any way. Her iconology alters slightly as she becomes legitimate firming up and becoming more opaque. She looks over to the door with the odd arcane symbols on it wondering where it connects to.

Safeguard security is well known. I wonder what MT Guard is. Perhaps a local Azzie connection. I'll have to look that up when I get back. Unless, it's referenced somewhere her. That's not important enough yet. Let's get into the security site. Paraku returns to the safe which is still leaking faint wisps of her icon. She sheds the RMSC account causing her icon to fade back to transparent.

Having faded away, Paraku slowly pushes more of her icon into the safe trying to find a way in. Once inside, Paraku sends filaments into the base of the host trying to lock in an account for later. Ya never know when I'll need that. Turning, she dives back through the door she came in to the RMSC host. Having firmed her icon up again to use the credentials she already has on this host, Paraku starts looking around for stills for the cameras Kliko and Corsair have spotted.

She eventually finds the external cameras buried in a slave node. From video footage, the machinery used in the warehouse is pretty lowtech. Old electric powered forklifts, portable assembly belts, etc. They have both gasoline powered forklifts, and electric plug into the wall recharge forklifts. Not likely to be rigged. Paraku grabs a few stills from each camera to show everyone else.

Turning over her shoulder to look at her tail, she sees her datatrail. She dives for it and ends up back in her deck. She disconnects the cable from her forehead and opens her eyes. Ludi is looking off out the windows, but turns back to her as Jamie stirs. Jamie smiles and comments, "I think that's all I can handle tonight. Let's roll out of here."

The trip back is quiet as they both wait to discuss the morning's find in the safehouse.

galenbd
15:07:41 Sunday, 9 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

That hack was easy. Having reported to Kliko, et al, Jamie heads back to her room. I have some improvements I need to do before we insert.
Kliko
9:48:17 Friday, 9 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Kliko gathered 'his' crew around. They'd been on surveillance detail for over a week now and they were starting to loose their edge. It was about time to get them up to speed. After all, they still found themselves stuck in Denver with bills piling up as fast as Bubba ate donuts and Corsair quoted Urbal Brawl match results, including highlights while he was at it. He was ready to make a move. Any move for that matter.

The RSMC warehouse offered just the opportunity. Subcontracted security 'can't go blazin in with automatic weapons at this one.', minimal perimeter security 'We'll just hitch a ride in' and good camera coverage 'thank you Jamie'.

"Aye chummers listen up. First target on the roll this weekend. We start real easy to whip our skills and teamwork up to standards. Bubba and me insert by hanging on to the back of a truck. Felix puts a spell on us to hide us from people and camera's and is on magical overwatch. Once we're in, Jamie overlays their camera-system and watches for spiders. Ludmilla acts as operations officer and talks us right past all the people moving about. First we place our charges here and here" indicating two spots on the improvised facility layout. 'you out did yourself chummer. Good thing you can wipe em off the table with one swipe too' "After that we move on to the facilities water supply and place a final charge there before getting out by hopping the fence here. Were Corsair picks up Bubba and me."

"Simple run, minimal complications. Any questions?"

ntwi
9:48:20 Friday, 14 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Felix responds "Just one question. Are we driving through the border or trying to hop it somewhere. Word is, the Aztech border is a fair bit tougher then the UCAS/CAS one is. If these ID's and passes are good, simply driving through seems like a plan, just make sure those charges are hidden well."
Bastard
11:28:23 Friday, 21 Apr 2062 Red Robin's Gourmet Burgers - South East of Rocky Mountain Shipping Company - Aztech Sector, Denver

Walking up to Red Robin's, Rocky Mountain Shipping Company at his back, Kliko stops to greet the smoking Ludmila. Bubba , a few steps behind tosses the a Azzie's Donuts box in the garbage can at the entrance.

"Oh... did yous wants one, Ludis?" he interrupts the ongoing conversation.
She smiles, "No thanks, Bubba - we are about to eat lunch."
"Yeahs, but me dont tinks dey gots donuts here."
"No. No they don't"
"I knows!" he says matter-of-factly, "Me checked online!" He enters with a smile, knowing he just showed his team leaders of his "mad smarts."

Kliko follows Bubba in, and Ludi shortly after, once her cigarette is finished. Inside Bubba is trying to tell a scared young lady that he wants to eat with his friends, even though they don't have donuts. Kliko comes to the rescue, of everyone involved, and is able to spot his party at a table in the north west corner. Corsair, Felix and Jamie are waiting, half empty drinks sitting on the table next to a half eaten appetizer plate.

After the waitress delivers the burgers, refills the drinks, and takes a second order from Bubba, the Kliko shifts the conversation from small talk to mission briefing.

"This should be our easiest job. It looks like Jamie can access everything matrix from outside, so it doesn't need to be a full infiltration. Their security is outsourced, so we don't have to deal with the Azzie's here. It looks like there is one mage, four guards on shift, and two of them patrolling the outside and warehouse, plus a roving guard in a sedan that comes by randomly, up to four times a night.

"As you can see, the entire loading yard on the north and east sides are surrounded by cyclone fence with razor wire on top. There is a guard shack at both the east and north entrances."

Jamie lays out a scream sheet with a digital image and some notes overlayed on the top. "Here is an image from Corsair's drone. You can see the fence line, and the gaps in security," she points out.

Felix chimes in, "I sensed an astral presence on the first floor, so we can assume that is where the mage, and probably the security office is." He points on the map toward the middle of the building.

Bastard
13:07:20 Friday, 21 Apr 2062 El Chubby's Mexican Restaurant - South East of AzCorp - Aztech Sector, Denver

The group sat around two round high-top tables pushed together, adorned with trays of tortilla chips, bowls of skillet queso and salsa, and bottles of assorted Mexican cervezas. Half of the party sits upon stools, while the others have chosen to stand as they discuss the second target.

"So you all got a good look at the building walking up?" Kliko asks. He gets a couple nods, so he continues.

"The parking lot is pretty open. The only exterior guard is a roving sedan like at the Shipping Company, however, it carries two Azzies in it. Corsair followed the vehicle and it covers several businesses in the area, nothing more than a few miles away. It comes by up to 10 times a night, but generally just coasts through the parking lot.

"There is a ward up on the top floors, so Felix didn't do a a full astral recon inside, but we watched the comings and goings and it looks to be moderately secured, probably only five guards on night shift, one or two being magically active. Until the late hours, there could be up to ten or fifteen total people inside, but it doesn't look like they are all security.

"This shouldn't be too hard of a target, as there are many ways out of the area, so there are a lot of options and room for improvisation if drek hits the fan. Remember though, this is Aztech security. They don't frag around."

The group finishes their appetizers and drinks, then exits in pairs. Ludi and Corsair take the long walk around the entire perimeter of the AzCorp lot, cross East Grand Avenue and enter the library as their cover, exiting a several minutes later. Kliko and Jamie pick up Kliko's SUV from getting an oil change at the Automotive Luber next door, where they can get a decent view of the upper levels of the target building while they wait. Bubba and Felix head west down Hampden to a strip mall where the team will pick them up shortly.
Bastard
15:42:47 Friday, 21 Apr 2062 - Schlotzky's Deli, 2381 North Academy Blvd - East of ARC - Aztech Sector, Denver

The party sat at their table eating their deli sandwiches, staring out the window at a 10 foot concrete wall topped with three electrified wires that enclosed the Aztechnology Research Center.

"On the North side is a large metal gate used for large tractor trailers. This," Kliko says, indicating to the void in the wall, "is the only real break in the security. However, each of the four is either manned or blocked off with steel gates."
Kliko
9:48:20 Friday, 14 Apr 2062 Mount Inn, - Jamie and Corsair's Suite - Lincoln Park, CAS Sector, Denver

Felix responds "Just one question. Are we driving through the border or trying to hop it somewhere. Word is, the Aztech border is a fair bit tougher then the UCAS/CAS one is. If these ID's and passes are good, simply driving through seems like a plan, just make sure those charges are hidden well."

"Don't worry about the charges." Kliko responded "We cross the border without our hardware. Instead we use Corsairs drones to ferry over our kit. It worked before, never change a working SOP."

13:07:20 Friday, 21 Apr 2062 El Chubby's Mexican Restaurant - South East of AzCorp - Aztech Sector, Denver

Summarizing their plan for the Shipping Co it basically bottomed out for Bubba and Kliko to hang onto the back of the trucks coming in and out the facility while Felix maintain an invisibility spell on them outside the building. Corsair maintained overwatch outside while Jamie maintained same on the inside. Ludmilla would act as their tactical officer talking Kliko and Bubba along the pathways inside of the Shipping Co. supported by Jamies visual coverage of the scene. Corsair would support the exfil picking up Kliko and Bubba same way they entered.

"We run tonight team, we need to be hauling our asses out of this town somewhere next week. Faster we kick this off, the faster we can get back home."
galenbd

Jamie nods. "I'll set up in a coffin motel with a Matrix feed. I'd rather be in a different sector, but our time frame is tight. I'll have to do some extra work to keep 'em from finding me."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012