Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
galenbd
20:07:02 Monday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
Jamie was chasing a particularly juicy rumor regarding Morningstar facing down a couple of gangers so she ignored her alarm. Unfortunately, the rumor turned out to be dross. Frustrated with this line of investigation, Jamie jacks out.

She looks around the motel room, bleakly. Gah, there's so much junk about Morningstar. And almost all of it is absolutely worthless. Sigh, I need to report to Kliko that I have nothing.

Taking out her cellphone, Jamie sends a text to Kliko. 20:07:02 Monday, 3 April 2062 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMIE>>>KLIKO] >>>: "My search turned up a much of nothing. Please call me when you get a chance."
Mister Juan
20:06:53 Monday, 3 April 2062 - El Ray Motel, - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi slowly swung her head around, looking up and over her shoulder at Kliko. She brins her hand to her forehead, giving the ork what can only pass for a military salute.

"Как дела, Kli-ko!" she says, giving him a smirk.

Her mouth is still half opened, smoke slowly rolling out, when Felix butts in. Her eyes grow dark for a moment. Fear. Of course she was afraid. After Yakut, after the awakened militas of Chechnia, after going after rogue mages in China, or toxic shamans in Moscow's underground; she had all the reasons in the world to be distruful of magic, and those who practiced it. It was unatural for anyone to be able to wield such power. Power, in any form, corrupted people to their core... especially when there was no way to take that power away. For a moment, she felt like jumping out of her chair and pounding some sense and decorum into the boy. She was about a split second away from doing so when she felt Kliko's eyes on her again.

Kliko had spend enough time with Ludi to know what was going through her head. She had never explain her extreme mistrust of the awakened, and he had never pushed the issue. He knew her problem rested only with spellcasters, since she had gotten more than along with Knuckle Duster. It wasn't blind bigoted hatered she habored; it was something deeper.

And so, Ludmila and Kliko simply looked at each other for a beat; looked through each other. She knew the ork had felt her tense up at Felix's word. She knew he had seen her muscle flex themselves, her posture change on the seat.

After what felt like an eternity, Ludi apparently relaxed. She shruged and crushed her cigarette in the ashtray.

"I was going to say it was misunderstanding. Bad translation."

The russian woman looked across the room toward Felix.

"But I am guessing someone is bit jumpy."

She shrugged again, pulling yet another cigarette from her pack, and got up as she brough the lighter to the tip. Now at eye level with Kliko, her back turned to Felix, she mumbled in russian around her smoke.

"В следующий раз он пересекает линию, я не буду так прощать." she said to Kliko.

Kliko
20:07:00 Monday, 3 April 2062 - El Ray Motel, - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Я рад видеть вас тоже женщина" flashing a smile. 'Frag, I missed that pick up' Shrugging his shoulders, Kliko puts off his secure longcoat and starts to undress his upper body to remove the armor vest with plates he wore out here on the run. It also provided some hard needed time to think something up in russian. "что это ваша проблема? Felix фри ваш мозг! и кто может позаботиться о вашей ребенка? Действительно, Я!! Вы глупая женщина, Я знаю, вы, вероятно прав, но мы наняли его, чтобы предотвратить это одно и то же.... да?" Calm and relaxed... as if they were discussing groceries shopping. 'Fraggin, frag, this is slotting me off!'

With his armor vest finally removed Kliko starts dressing up again. They had some business to take care of after all... 'Chow!'
SneakyJoeKDB
20:06:57 Monday, 3 April 2062 - El Ray Motel, - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba began to feel emotionally unsafe as he saw his teamates acting badly to one another. This kind of behavior scared him as he knew they could feel just as badly towards him. It reminded him of some of his days he spent in the orphanage after he was abandoned by his parents. When tempers flared beween other kids somehow the fat stinky troll seemed to be the way the problems were resolved. Usually when this happenned Bubba would sadly hide himself in a corner until one day he was pushed to the edge. The kids never messed with him again as several of the bully's were put in the hospital. Bubba never had any friends after that either and the orphanage scrambled to find ways to get rid of him.

He held his pamplets high in his hands to cover his wide-eyed face as he pretended not to be watching his teamates aggressive interaction. He was almost relieved when Kliko entered the room; however, Russian was not Bubba's language and fearing more bad words were being said Bubba decided to interject.

"Ludis, you should have seen what Felix dids! He got us all over da borders without problems by making mes fat ass floats invisibilys! And he even bought me some donuts... and when Klikos made me rides mes bike in das icy snows and I gots feeling numbs in da face and a bit burned he cast some fancy magics that made me feels all betters! He's got mad magics skillz! When we's nab dis Morningstar guys Felix is gonna make it so much easiers."

Bubba then proceeded to take over the conversations by speaking loudly, quickly, and rambling on about his tour of the building, his encounter with the missionaries, and the Ghostwalker cult.
Mister Juan
20:07:34 Monday, 3 April 2062 - El Ray Motel, - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi probably had a few harsh words in store for Kliko; words that never came out. With Bubba cutting their exchange rather “short”, all Ludmila could muster was to throw her hands in the air in surrender. She was cranky from the week, cranky from the flight, and cranky from having to share space with a mage. She held now illusion that she could convince anyone to side with her; they just didn't know.

Exhaling a thick cloud of smoke, she found herself wishing Sugar was there. At least, he shared her thoughts on the topic...

Sinking back into a chair, Ludi decided to give up for today. She have plently of time to point out Felix flaws later on... if he didn't catch some fire on the job. Shoving her hands inside her jacket, she did her best to understand everything Bubba said, which when it came down to it wasn't very succesful.

She spoke with lips barely parted, keeping her smoke in place, she looked at Kliko.

"Safehouses will be ready tomorrow. One here, one in Sioux sector. Gear will also be ready tomorrow."

Ludi took one very long drag.

"So, what is plan?"

Bastard
20:32:34 Monday, 3 April 2062 - El Ray Motel, - UCAS Sector, Denver

The team goes over a couple basic plans, but it seems that tensions are running a little high, and communication skills are running a little low. Felix is obviously exhausted from his "dream walk," Kliko's feet are tired from pounding the pavement, and Ludi has a severe case of jet lag. The only one who at once seemed in a good mood is Bubba, who seems excited, but is more focused on his findings, than the planning.

After talking to Corsair and Jamie the team decides to regroup tomorrow after their IDs and visitor passes have cleared, where they could drive through the border, rather than flying over it trying to dodge various forms of security.

While Kliko and Ludi head out to the local home improvement store, Bubba continues to fill Felix in on the intricacies of the Children of the Dragon.

"I tell you Bubba, that temple is a hotbed for astral activity," Felix tells the troll.
"Mes bets! Dey are all childrens of Ghostwalker!"

21:12:21 Monday, 3 April 2062 - Moore Fixin - UCAS Sector, Denver

Eighteen inch crow bar, two rolls of heavy duty duct tape, a pack of twenty five Kevlar zip ties with a tensile 275 pounds, two glass cutters, one roller, one flat blade, a pair 3" suction cups, and a 1 liter bottle of freeze foam wraps up the shopping list.

Kliko looks it over, "Anything else we need?"
"No. Looks good."

08:20:15 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - El Ray Motel - UCAS Sector, Denver

Kliko is up, dressed, and ready for another day. His Browning Ultra Power securely at his side, hidden below his coat. The two large pink boxes are carried openly as he returns to the motel. He lightly raps on the door before opening the door to his and Ludi's room. He knew she didn't need the extra time to get ready, but thought it would be polite to give her some privacy while he made a quick breakfast run.

She sits at the small table in the room, her legs cross, and a cigarette in her right hand, which has grown more and more standard. It was just a few months ago that the two began their partnership, and her smoking has more than doubled in this time. Her eyes narrow shortly as Kliko reenters.

"Everything okay?"
"Morning trid is crap."
Kliko smiles in agreement.
"I see you got Bubba food."
"I wouldn't wake a sleeping giant without them. Grab those two mugs and all the coffee supplies, and we will head over to the other room."

There is a knock on the door, and Felix looks at the hotel clock. It flashes green numbers reading 8:30. Damn if he isn't punctual. He guessed he looked as tired as he felt, but that could be easily explained away. It didn't seem like the others knew much about magic, so his late night could easily be explained away that way.

Felix is already sitting on the edge of his bed, mostly awake. He stumbles toward the door as the knocks continue. He unlatches the door and returns to his seat at the corner of his bed, as Ludi and Kliko enter.

Bubba sleeps quietly sprawled across the other bed, his legs and arms hanging off.

"Wow. I never heard Bubba so quiet," Ludi observes.
"Healthy glow does wonders."

Bubba awakes to the beautiful aroma two baker's dozen. Coffee is made, donuts are eaten and the team is ready for the day. After discussing infiltration and kidnapping plans, Kliko brings them back on course.

"Before we get too far, lets bring the other two into the fold. There is still plenty of time to do more recon."
"Yes. It is too early to lock ourselves into a single plan," Ludi agrees.
"Yeah, I am just letting you know my range of abilities, so you have more options," Felix reminds the two rhabdophobics.
"We have to meet with Mrs. Johnson today," Kliko directs the conversation to the tasks of today, "and Ludi has to secure our safehouse."
"Yes. At 1700. But I do not have a nice weapon like that pistol," she points at Kliko's sidearm, "so Bubba will come with me."

13:21:45 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - Ute/UCAS Boarder, Denver

Crossing the boarder for the third time, Felix and Kliko narrowly avoid detection. They were not expecting to find a K-9 security team nearby, but were able to improvise and exit the area quickly.

They meet up with Corsair and Jamie, going over their recon and some basic plans while waiting on the call from Mrs. Johnson.

16:12 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [MRS DENVER JOHNSON>>>KLIKO] >>> Your order has arrived. Pick up at 6 PM, City Park Baseball Fields on West 104th.

16:13 TEXT MESSAGE SENT [KLIKO>>>MRS DENVER JOHNSON] >>> We will be there.

17:10:00 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Daze wasn't lying about the safe house being in a bad part of town. Every house has bars on the windows, many have heavy metal screen doors. Their address happens to have a beaten picket fence around a dying lawn in the front yard, keeping the locals at least another couple feet away.

Bubba and Ludi quickly case the house, before entering. It is pretty clean inside and has basic furnishings. A pair of couches, one a fold out, a coffee table, end tables a stereo and a 30 some odd inch trid are in the living room. The kitchen has basic glass and dinner ware, pots and pans, and a dishwasher and fridge. A six chair dinning table sits in the small dining area off to the side. The bathroom is well stocked, and each of the two bedrooms has a dresser, a pair of night stands and cheap linens. The master has a king size bed, while the spare room has two full sized beds. In the one-car garage are a washer and dryer, and thankfully a few cots.

Ludi finds the wall safe as described. Inside are the contents she ordered. Bubba finds the fridge and finds it empty, minus some ketchup and mustard.

18:00:02 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - City Park Baseball Fields - Ute Sector, Denver

The park is completely empty as snow lightly falls to the ground. At first Kliko and Felix thought they would look suspicious sitting at a baseball field in this kind of weather. However, the parking lot provides good cover from the main road, which the traffic is light.

Felix over watches the area astrally while Kliko steps out of the truck to Mrs. Johnson's SUV parked in the shadows of the street lights. There they greeted each other cautiously. Johnson grabs a black plain duffel bag from the back of her vehicle and hands the heavy sack to Kliko.

"This is everything. Inside is an envelope with your IDs. It is the best we could do on short notice, but it should get you in and out of each sector. They have visitor passes for every sector, but I wouldn't push your luck trying to get into Aztech for any reason. I would also have your decker, assuming you have one, match your vehicle registration to the information on those SINs."

"Thank you, Mrs. Johnson. We will be in touch."

"If you need anything else, you know how to contact me."

Mr. Johnson's black SUV exits the parking lot first. Kliko follows shortly after, while Felix digs through the bag finding everything they asked for, including boxes and boxes of gel rounds.

19:22:33 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - Ute/UCAS Boarder, Denver

Time to test out the new IDs and Jamie's handiwork on the registrations. The checkpoints slowed traffic to a standstill, taking 30 minutes just to reach the security shack. Kliko and Felix handed their credsticks to the guard who ran them through their hand held computer, handed them back, and waved them through with a "Have a good day, sir." With a sigh of relief they drove through to meet Ludi and Bubba. Jamie and Corsair followed with no issues at the checkpoint.

ntwi
20:03:17 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

The safe house wasn't much forFelix to look at, but in that part of town there was no chance of a neighbor sticking their noses into other peoples business. Looking around the house, Felix knew it would take a while to get secured magically but that it wouldn't take much to secure it for the night.

A quick warding ritual later, and Felix relaxes a little as he feels the alarm ward settle into place around the house. Reaching out and feeling the energy flows in the house, Felix finds himself moving to the kitchen where he then calls the spirit of the house forth and bids it to conceal and protect the occupants. The short figure in a chefs hat and apron climbing out of the oven was not what Felix expected, but not the strangest form he had seen a spirit assume either.

With the house now magically secure, Felix grabs a cot from the garage and Fashions the fabric into something more comfortable. Setting his alarm for sunrise, Felix turns in early in anticipation of an early morning warding the home.

06:35:02 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix curses to himself for forgetting to check the fridge the night before. With a muttered sigh he pulls astral energies together and creates a bland but filling breakfast for himself. After finishing the oatmeal like porridge, he reaches out once more to the spirit of the home, calling on it to conceal and protect the occupants.

With the basic needs met, Felix begins the long process of fully warding the house.
galenbd
20:08:22 Monday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
After her long stint trying to find something about Morningstar, Jamie kicks back a bit. She wanders around the Denver LTG, carefully poking into it's dark corners. Paraku revels in the vitality of a previously uknown grid. She finds a virtual bar to hang in. Unfortunately, after about an hour talking to crappy low-res icons with equally crappy, low-res lives, Jamie is done. Frustrated, she jacks back out into the real world.

22:17:56 Monday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
She makes herself some food and eats it in lost in thought. Well, I suppose I should try looking into the Cult itself. Logging back in, she starts just that.

04:04:18 Tuesday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
Jamie's deck alarm goes off. Kliko is coming to get them around noon. I'll need to go to bed early. I really need to ask him why his sleep schedule is so skewed from the time we usually do work. She starts listing the leads she has on more data. Then she finishes chasing down the active leads and records that data.

12:02:43 Tuesday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
Jamie had some difficulty getting sleep 5 hours early, but finally managed it. Looking forward to the meeting with Kliko, Jamie gets a shower, some breakfast and soykaf before jacking back in. Jamie disables her RAS every 15 minutes to check and see if Kliko has arrived.

14:34:45 Tuesday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
Unlike the past couple of times Kliko has interacted with Jamie, she is pleasant and helpful as they start working out the schedule for getting the appropriate IDs and hustling across the border. As things wind down, she explains that she really didn't find out anything about Morningstar[b] except that he has mixed it up with riot police before his awakening. [b]Jamie reiterates that she feels he will be anything but a passive target and for Kliko not to underestimate him.

16:21:29 Tuesday, 3 April 2062 - Rent-a-Room motel, Ute Sector, Denver
Once the critical scheduling details are worked out, Jamie goes back to work trying to find out info about the Cult. A couple hours later, she knocks off to make the border trip.

20:03:17 Tuesday, 4 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver
Jamie settles into the new location quickly, finding a spot on the floor to near the jackpoint. Aware of how much work she still has to do, she presents minimal pleasantries before jacking back in. Jacking out every hour, Jamie notices Felix moving around the safehouse muttering to himself. No wonder no one ever understands the magically sane

06:35:02 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver
Jamie is still up and jacked in when Felix wakes up. Soon, she jacks out looking tired and strung out. She flashes something quick, filling and unhealthy for dinner. Eating it lost in the world of data interconnectivity, she's not really a good companion for a meal.

09:45:28 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - TEXT MESSAGE SENT [JAMIE>>>KLIKO] >>>: "Here's what I found about the Cult. ATTACHMENT"
Jamie jacks out and sits limply on the floor. She gets up slow and heads to the 'fresher. Shortly she emerges and goes off to find a place to sleep.
Kliko
08:39:02 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Parts, the living rooms salon table was covered with lots of gun parts, receivers, barrels, stocks, grips, springs, firing pins, uppper receivers with integrated laser sights and the occasional RIS/RAS mounts, you name it, it was there. Meantime Ludi and Kliko were sitting opposite of eachother, taking turns with the spraycans of gun oil and cold weather lubricants. The increasingly oily rag in their hands the seamingly only product of their labor.

They both knew this types crappy reputation for double feeding around the shadows. They also knew it to originate from people who lacked the discipline to actually maintain their proper tools of the trade. There was also another type of runner, the type they both knew all to well.... wannabe's craddling their precious hardware as if being life itself, thinking tech would beat skill anyday. Both Ludi and Kliko knew this to be false... 'Skill, beats tech anytime of the day'

'Savagery, luck, cunning and knowledge' Kliko knew it to be true, was what made you win a fight. Now all he had to do was set Ludmilla up for some lessons in magic without getting double tapped that was...
SneakyJoeKDB
08:46:02 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba joins his team in cleaning weapons. He also loads some magazines full of gel rounds and makes sure his cyberguns are properly lubricated. He plays with the extendable baton twirling the device and exchanging it rapidly between hands with exceptional skill. Although not his intent, he noticed that he was drawing his teamates attention...

"You all havent seen nothing yets! I's a bad ass with dis"

Bubba jumps up and makes sure he has some working space and then begins to put on a show much like you would see with a kun fu master and nunchucks. It was truly amazing that such a giant fat ass and one that doesnt seem too smart could handle the device fantastically. Although only Kliko and Ludi truly knew how lethal Bubba could be with the weapon. Bubba's quick movements and reactions did not appear to be natural. Bubba, finishes with a toss of the weapon, rolling summersault, and a catch.

"Ta das! Thats what a bakers dozen in da morning gets yous!"

It is obvious that Bubba is feeling full of life -great sleep, donuts, and he had a plan! As the team goes back to their business Bubba turns to Kliko.

"Klikos, I will needs a rides tonights to da temple. I wants to scopes it out some more and learn how theys operates their securities. They seems very friendlys especiallys to homeless peeps. I wants to see if we cans use dis to our advantages. Also I wants to see how da sermon goes, maybe meets Morningstars, and all da Childrens of Ghostwalker. It starts at 7 tonights, maybe I can gets upstairs... Anbodys else coming?"
Kliko
08:50:07 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

'WTF!' "Remind me never to pick a fight with you chummer. Where the frag did you learn that kind of skillz?"
Kliko
09:49:07 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Thanks Jamie, take some rest, we be needing you this afternoon" slotting the file before handing it over to Ludmilla "Anything usefull in there? Looks like a tough fragger to me. See that look at that torso and jaw-line... better shoot him twice with those darts... just to be sure." Meanwhile the Sandler TMP knock-offs got re-assembled, all oiled up, all parts re-adjusted, laser sights tested and re-calibrated after months, years perhaps of neglect. Racking the TMP's slide twice nearest to him to confirm this mornings labor result. 'Frag yeah, almost ready to rock.'

Now it was time for the funky stuff... explosives. Carefully laying out the concussion grenades on front of them Kliko carefully set to work to remove the detonator caps, giving them a check up. "I'll give you a ride this afternoon Bubba. I got to check up the radio frequencies in that area anyway, see if theres any kind of security using icoms or similar and if its temple security. We don't know how pro these guys are. Thats something for you to find out Bubba. That first floor looks easily accesible enough... Lets get Jamie to do a matrix-run on their host system this evening first. See what their system is made of. If that doesn't bring us anything we infil tomorrow night. That should give us plenty of time to get our bearings on temple security, aye. We find something, we nab the guy, simple as that."
ntwi
08:50:15 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I'll tag along on the astral to listen to what Morningstar has to say, and to take another look at their astral signatures, but I'll leave my meat body here in the house I think." Felix tells Bubba. "I've got to finish our wards and then test a few things before tonight. The sermon should be interesting though."
SneakyJoeKDB
"How about yous Ludis Frudis?" Bubba grins big along with a quiet chuckle and wide eyes. "Yous gonna shows me how to do dis?"
Kliko
15:10:22 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - Somewhere near the CotD temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The SUV's interior was filled with smoke as Ludmilla kept on smoking cancer stick after cancer stick. She was nervous and with good reason. On the cars back seat Felix lay down in a deep trance as his conscious shifted between from the material to the astral planes of existence. Meanwhile Kliko and Ludi set out to scan the radio bands around this part of town. Jacked in the built-in Comms-systems it set out to be a long and boring stake out. "Frag, girl, you trying to smoke him to death?" ... "Yeah yeah, blahblahblah, you know there are a lot of Nips who say the same of trogs right. Its the same fraggin thing really or you agree with them too?" ... "This ones on our side Ludmilla, we pay top green for him and we fetch a big premium for our runs, simple as that." ... "Yeah I know, there are to many fraggin awakend around this temple... thats just another reason to be extra carefull this time." ... "Hold on, wait, I think I got something... yeah, the 252.8 mHz range, you copy?"

And long, and boring.... and smokey stake out it set out to be, with one after another false signal scanned. Took em some hours before they'd deduct it was the local Law Enforcement contractor making its rounds about this neighbourhood... not temple security.
galenbd
17:52:18 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver
Jamie woke up considerably later. After the short sleep of the past couple of days, it felt great to get back close to her schedule. She rolled back over and slept 15 more minutes before waking up again. She knew from past experience that she wouldn't be getting more sleep now.

She stepped into the safehouse main room and found no one there. She checks her phone and finds a text message from Kliko letting her know he wanted Jamie to hack the Cult of the Dragon host this evening. Awesome. About time I get to do something I'm actually good at.

Excited Jamie, dashes through a shower and repacks her ready bag. She boots her deck real quick and flashes some food real quick. She eats it haphazardly as she runs a couple diagnostics. Things look good. A quick call to Kliko sets the time for 7 pm, right during the sermon. She spends the next few minutes cataloging decker bars in the UCAS sector that accept metahamans. There seem to be quite a few.

18:22:37 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver
Kliko swings by and picks her up. They hit the town going from bar to bar. I'm sure Kliko and Ludi are confused by her criteria as she rejects some as soon as she sees the outside. Others she rejects when she sees the main floor. She finally comes across one that feels just edgy enough for Jamie to blend in. It's called Out of this World. It's Matrix host and physical location are mirrored, so Jamie can get lost in the crowd whether she's jacked in or not. Satisfied, she settles into a booth with Kliko and Ludi.

19:12:08 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - Out of this World - UCAS Sector, Denver
After enjoying the ambiance for an appropriate amount of time, she connects her deck to the jackpoint. Extending the cable up her back, she places cable up to her forehead. Her induction jack holds it in place. Her ASIST interface kicks in and she fades into the bars virtual presence. Once her persona comes fully on line, she skates out of the bar's host and into the UCAS LTG.

This is the life. And to think they pay me to do this. Enough celebrating, I need to get to work. Paraku sinks down to the grip itself and slowly runs her claws over its surface trying to find the Denver host for the Cult of the Dragon. The thin filaments of her persona come back quickly with the appropriate addressing data. To Paraku knowing where the Cult of the Dragon host is like blossoming of a memory.

She looks in that direction and beats her wings. She accelerates to insanely fast instantly, but with none of the real acceleration effects. In microseconds, she is hovering over the icon of a draconic statue. The iconography is reasonable, but there's just a little stutter in it's movements. It must not be where they're spending their money.

She looks around briefly for it's access node tracking the datastreams coming in and out of it. She finds it in one scales on the statues chest. She pulls a small egg out of one of her wings. She slides it onto the chest scales so it embeds about halfway. The egg begins to pulse in time to the stutter in the iconography trying to interfere with the host's processing. The pattern is not quite right. Paraku slides the frequency measurement upstairs to her Math SPU. Nanoseconds later, Paraku begins slowing down the eggs frequency until it matches perfectly. Watching it closely, Paraku's icon begins to sync up. Once it matches, Paraku slides right through the scale into the host.

Paraku's icon unfurls into the Cult of the Dragon host. It's layout was only slightly better than UMS. Whoever designed it didn't have much imagination. It was laid out like a gaudy temple. It was fairly open and clearcut however.

Now that I'm here, let's get to work. Paraku flies up to the upper story and into the library. She lands on the floor of the library. After looking around, she takes off on a circular flight around the shelves extending filaments from her icon through the books. They anchor here or there as they identify possible files. Paraku lands again and reviews her findings. There are quit e few files. Several come from a private location in the library restricted to Morningstar himself. That's probably what we want.

Ok, primary mission first. Paraku starts pulling data from the filiments still attached to Morningstar's node. Pulling the data in from one clawed hands, she pours it into a ball in her other hand. It slowly grows and coalesces into a glowing blue sphere. When that file is done, she secrets it under her wing where is fades into her icon. Skulking in the library, she continues until she has all the files she had identified as possibly useful.

She looks around the library carefully. Seeing no other icons here, she focuses on the rest of the files on the general host. As she kicks in the file transfer, the data flow seems sluggish and chaotic. She focuses a bit and works to clean up the signal. Luckily, these files are small and the transfer is over quickly. Mission accomplished.

Paraku looks around the library thinking. Our Johnson is looking for evidence Morningstar is working for another great dragon. Would Morningstar betray his current patron for mere money? Unlikely, but the financial records might reveal if there is another culprit. Johnson would likely have gone over this. It might help to have an outside eye look them over. And I could sell it later if I need the nuyen.

Having an understanding of the datastore's general layout, Paraku flies up to second shelf above the desk. She extends her claws and sends her feelers into the files loaded there. They mostly come back empty. Paraku checks her search parameters and works the shelf over and finally finds the Cult of the Dragon's corporate financial records. A bare thought later starts it downloading to her deck.

Pirouetting in the air, Paraku thinks next about Mr. and Ms. Johnson. I wonder if this host has information on these two. She flits around the shelves searching for some sort of personnel directory. Unfortunately, the system is prepared for her. A gargoyle bookend reaches its gray arms out for her. She rolls and twists in the air, evading it's arms and diving under a desk. She thinks quickly. Sailing out from under the desk, the gargoyles arms keep stretching out following her. She sweeps up over the desk, grabbing a paperweight on her way by. She quickly corrupts it's code to make it seem like a part of her. She drops it on top of a shelf and dives off the side. When the IC grabs it, Paraku reclaims her code. As the IC crashes, the host halts it to prevent it's own defenses from bringing it down.

Paraku gazes around the host cautiously as the trapped Tar IC iconography fades. Seeing no other icons around, she goes back to parsing through this datastore. She floats back up to Personnel shelf and cautiously extends her icon into the books lying there. Jittery from her last encounter with she keeps a wary eye out. Unfortunately the distraction causes search to be more chaotic. Focusing on her search with a will, she eventually finds the link to the Cult's contact database. That Johnson should be in here. Hopefully it will have pictures of everyone.

Let's get this thing. Paraku starts the download just like the others. Less than a third of the way through the file, the transfer starts reorganizing incorrectly. Then the transfer unravels entirely. Frustrated, Paraku tries again only to have the transfer unravel again.

I must have triggered some heightened security. This is just a casual run. No need to stick around until the system crashes. In fact, significant activity might give us away. I think discretion is the better part of valor in this case. Time to clear out of here

Paraku looks off toward the entry to the host, calling up her connection to the system. It fades in as gleaming tenticle pulsing data toward her jackpoint. In the blink of an eye she collapses her icon into that datastream, just another datapacket bound for her deck. The sense of movement is over a microsecond later as her ASIST interface disconnects and she comes back to the awareness of Out of this World.

19:12:08 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - Out of this World - UCAS Sector, Denver
Jamie waits a moment to allow her senses to more fully return. Then she reaches up and removes the jack from her forehead. She smiles up at Kliko "This is living. We can go whenever you're ready."

Kliko wasn't inclined to hang out, so they paid for the couple drinks they'd had and jandered on out the door.

20:01:56 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver
Fifty minutes later they all returned back to the safehouse.
ntwi
20:11:24 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix returns to his body with a jolt. "Sermon finished up a little bit ago, they're serving chow out of the kitchen at temple right now. Bubba should be ready to be picked up soon." Felix stands and stretches before getting himself a drink of water. "How's the data you filched look Jamie? We going to be grabbing Morningstar?"
galenbd
20:11:29 Wednesday, 5 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie cants her head to the side and admits, "I've just barely scanned it myself. Morningstar had a private node, so I grabbed a bunch of stuff from that. I also grabbed the corporate financial data in case there is some data there that may lead us to his new patron."
Bastard
18:51:30 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba and Kliko are the last to return to the safe house after another long day of recon. Bubba is exhausted. Working in the temples kitchen was a lot harder work than he had expected, especially when he was not permitted to eat any of the food until all the homeless had been served. On top of that, they had not served donuts once, even after Bubba offered to buy! Thankfully Kliko stopped at the 24-hour donut shop, 247 DoNutz! ("Go nutz for our donutz!"), after picking up pizzas for the team.

Kliko and Bubba set several orange Elway's Pizza boxes on the kitchen counter along with several bottles of soda, paper plates and plastic cups.

"What are we? Ninja Turtles?" Ludi asks.

Everyone stares at her blankly, except Kliko, having a rather large brood, who gives a smirk.

"Whats a ninja turtle?"
"Probably some Russian tv show. They got weird tv over there."

After everyone has scarfed down at least a slice or two, Kliko gets the team focused on the reconnaissance report.

"Bubba, you want to lead with your..." He looks at the giant still gorging on donut pizza, "Never mind I will start."

"I used a payphone to call the police near the temple yesterday, and again a couple block away today. It took them seven minutes yesterday, and ten today. I would guess we have about five minutes if any alarm is sounded, to finish the job and extract.

"Ludi, Corsair and I have been monitoring the radio traffic of the temple's security over the past few days. From what Bubba saw and we heard, they have the technology for quick communication, but we really did not receive any tactical information. It seems these radios are just used for checking in and making lunch orders. Ludi..."

"Za. I did a perimeter check a couple times. Though the building is not completely secure, there are cameras at every entrance. Going in through the front door seems like the best option. Every door is under surveillance, so we might as well go in through the open door. The windows on the first floor look easily breakable, while the others look to be some sort of Plexiglas. However, the windows are small. It will be hard to squeeze through for myself, Bubba and Kliko are definitely not going to fit, though I am sure each of them could bust through the window partisans."

Ludi nods to Kliko, indicating her briefing is complete.

"Bubba. You ready?" Kliko looks at Bubba, who has food falling out of his mouth. He starts to speak, but pizza and donuts distort his words into grunts. "Pay attention, big guy." He responds with more grunts and emphatic head nodding, his face turning a little red.

"Felix?"

Felix stands and gives his end of the briefing, trying to explain so the mundane can follow. "I have assessed Morningstar, a few times actually. He seems to be completely honest and compassionate, as well as a decent mage. He is either a great master of disguising his aura, or he truly believes everything he is saying during his sermons.

"I sent some spirits to confuse the watchers outside the building. That really didn't do anything except make them drift around erratically, if it had any effect at all. I cast a small spell on one of the homeless entering the temple for the soup kitchen, and that seemed to get their attention. The watcher zipped back into the building, but returned within a minute or so."

Felix trails off and Corsair picks up. "I have been doing aerial surveillance for the past few days, one of my drones always having the temple in view. I haven't seen Morningstar go too far from home, but the other members seem to travel up to a few miles, talking with the locals, handing out pamphlets, spreading the word I guess.

"I have a good view of the exterior security, which I am sure Ludi got the same from her recon. The guards seem to make a round along the entire parameter within an hour or two before and after shift change, then sometimes one or two per shift. They also check inside the back fence dock area while doing a check, and sometimes on its own. These security rounds seem to be random and even when the same guards make the round, they do not always follow the same route.

Something else I noticed, that while the soup kitchen is not in service, that side door sometimes works as a smoke break area. The dock seems to be the main smoke break area.

During the run, I can spread my drones out, and keep a good view on the neighborhood. This will give us a heads up, along with an escape route, to avoid Lone Star. I can use Kliko's radio scanner to keep an ear out for that, unless you need it to listen to security radio traffic.

"I can drive my SUV by wire as the get away, but then I would lose my eye in the sky perspective. If we could use another vehicle, or someone drive my vehicle secondary, then I can keep an eye on the roads."

Felix sits down and Jamie takes over, since Bubba still has food falling from his mouth.

"I have been going over the data files I downloaded the other night. The majority of the information was just notes, personal journals and emails. Everything I found mentioning, associated or entered by Morningstar in the main data store seemed innocent enough. I did find that he has petitioned for an audience with Ghostwalker several times, but it doesn't look that any of them came back positively.

"I also found a book, not quite scripture, but that seems to be the jest of it. It describes everything that Bubba has been preaching to us over the past few days, but in better detail, and includes all kinds of spiritual insight. It is a work in progress.

"The financial records to look to be legit. While the church gives a lot to charity, it looks like Morningstar was well off when he started his sect, and his wealth has grown. I guess you need to have a decent sum of money in order to petition and audience with a great dragon.

"In Morningstar's personal data store, I found something that may interest our Johnson. There are phone records showing incoming and outgoing calls to PLTGs in the German Alliance and other ones to numbers associated with Saeder-Krupp. I also found a journal that regularly mentions someone he refers to as 'Master.' I found two or three entries that suggest Morningstar is trying to get close to Ghostwalker on his Master's orders.

"Bubba?"

This time he is ready. Food falls to the floor from his t-shirt as he stands. He grabs the map Mr. and Mrs. Johnson provided, and slaps it down on the kitchen table. He uses a cheap pen that is inscribed Children of the Dragon, like one you would find at a hotel.

"Heres da cameras, heres da fire alarms," he draws on the map indicating their locations. "Dees doors locked, dees are not. Dere be four secruty guys on da bottoms floor at all times, but dey are different guys some days. So me thinks dat dey switch wit da guys upstairs. Da secruty guards, not da Great Dragon Spirit," he clarifies.

"Da serpents usually last bout thirty or forty minutes, and Brotha Morningstar stays a whiles after. Da afternoons seem to have a lot less peoples dan da evenings, an dose half even less den da weekends. Da kitchen is busy, busy, busy when I work there, so dat not be a good time to go if we want to be sneakies."

Bubba smiles as he completes his report. Then he turns to Kliko, with concern in his voice he asks, "If Morningstar is trada, will the church go outs a business?"
galenbd
Glancing over at Bubba, Jamie replies, "I dunno, Bubba. Much of the church's initial capital came from Morningstar. But he may have that money to try and talk to Ghostwalker. However, our Johnson seems fairly motivated. Unless Morningstar has a way of legally holding onto what was bought with his nest egg, I suspect the church will keep it. Then they just need to finance the day-to-day operations."
Kliko
19:07:12 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

'Poor Bubba, as if we're paid to care'

"Hold on, not so fast." raising a moment of silence to raise suspense... "So on one hand" raising his hand to the left on Felix' side "We have a guy who's the real deal right? Going on all this mojo and assensing stuff. But on the other hand" raising his right hand, palm upward as if weighing the arguments in Jamie's direction "We have a cold-hard infiltrator trying to get to Ghostwalker, serving some other master" putting emphasis on the latter. ",right?" Looking across the table.

"So either our Morningstar is some hardcore wizzer and a traitor, or those files are corrupted and Morningstar is the real deal..."

"I guess the really good news is that at the least there isn't some dragon patron involved in all this."
ntwi
19:07:15 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I'm not trying to cut hairs too fine here, but that logic doesn't quite flow. Morningstar can be, or is, a "hardcore wizzer" whether or not he is a traitor. It's a if A then B, but B does not necessitate A type deal..." Felix trails off looking at the other faces around the table.

"At any rate, why the frag would someone leave a datatrail like you described on their home system. Are there any indications that the Temple is simply lacking in the area of computer expertise? Any formatting or digital differences in the files indicating they were planted?"

"Should we simply call Mr J and say we got some possible evidence and would he like a face to face with Morningstar where we can verify with magic?"
Bastard
19:30:15 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

The team discusses different avenues of approach. Silent or shock and awe? Split the team or stay together? Two separate runs or one? Night or during services?

There are several obstacles they have to overcome. The ward. The small windows. No collateral damage, or at least as little as possible.
Kliko
19:31:43 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"So I guess we better prepare for the worst then." 'Does this Morningstar guy fit through those windows himself anyway?'

"I mean, can we fit this Morningstar chummer through those windows? From the look of these pictures this guy has shoulders about my size. Not as tough perhaps, but still."

'Actually he's most vulnerable when he enters or exits the lobby to get to or from his sermons'

"That means we got to move him all the way down these stairs and out through the back." thinking out loud.

"Now if I would have to arrange this guys security detail... I would try and get him outside a killzone ASAP, which basically means back up the stairs and into his quarters."

'Can we not trick him in going outside without a security detail?'

"Instead we have to grab him right there" pointing at the small corridor between the staircase, kitchen and storage area. "Probaply right before he starts his sermon and everyone is in the worship hall right Bubba?" looking at the giant for confirmation ", then trigger a firealarm. But thats a big 'if' we grab him... "

"Me think we first check these files again, then try and check-out his office. Perhaps plant a tap or have Jamie do a direct search on his telecom? Trying to get some of these fancy drugs for when we nab him sounds like a good plan too, but not before we sure we're gonna nab this chummer, this stuff is fraggin expensive and hard to get by. I think if we go that route we should have the J pay for it and offer this mindprobe as an extra."
Bastard
19:32:10 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Corsair still has a few questions, as a plan has not yet been solidified. "So are we making two separate runs, or one run? Are we still concerned with hitting his offices, or is the data Jamie found enough?"
Kliko
19:33:20 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I'm thinking two seperate runs, one low-risk in the midst of this night and to verify what we got, one high-risk to nab this fragger."

"What ya guys think, we got to act quick if we want to nab him before the weekend."
galenbd
19:33:24 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie frowns a bit at the high risk suggestion. There are too many people about. Civilians that we don't want to injure, but who will certainly try in injure us.

"If you think the run in the middle of the night is low risk, then why don't we nab him then too. He does sleep there. If taking him out the window is not an option, then Bubba could haul him down the stairs on his back."

Looking around and seeing blank looks, Jamie takes a deep breath and tries again. "My thoughts are in this sequence:" She starts ticking these steps off on her fingers.

"1. Bubba stays the night.
2. Ludi infiltrates through the window and incapacitates Morningstar.
3. I infiltrate the office and take over the security system.
4. Sneaky goes up the stairs under my overwatch and meets Ludi.
5. Bubba gets dressed and mounts up Morningstar's body on his back.
6. Ludi and Bubba extract down the stairs and out, maybe the back.
7. I extract back out the window to the ground.

My idea puts us in control of security. It has less risk of discovery than doing it while the church is full of people. The same people are in the same places doing the same job."

Jamie winds down and looks around. Thoughtful looks prompt her to ask, "What do you think?"
Bastard
19:34:00 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I believe Bubba has inquired about living there, and it was for clergy only. I don't believe he will be able to stay the night," Corsair reminds Jamie. "However, he said the worship hall is open all night, so he could go in first, and go there. He could even bring a 'friend.'"

Kliko
19:33:50 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Yeah, I like the sound of being in control... but Ludmilla better succeed or we in some deep dreck.
besides, won't Bubba bump into the ceiling with Morningstar on his back?

Better have me and Bubba move up those stairs."
ntwi
19:33:55 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Two questions about that plan, is the security network in Morningstar's office or the always staffed one in the main entrance? Second question, once you get control of the cameras and such, how are we planning to get past the four guys on the first floor and the two guys in the hallway on the third floor? Nail them quietly from around the corner and hope we get lucky?" Felix pauses for a minute.

"Any signs of motion detectors in those plans or just visible light cameras? If you had control of the cameras and I went with the infil, I could put the invisibility back up on the other side of the ward... It just feels like there are too many moving pieces and places for the plan to go bad..."
Kliko
19:36:10 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"The thing is, the lobby won't be too crowded. Right before the service most people will gather in the Worship hall or lounge, right Bubba?

'Drek'
Meantime the giant troll's attention shifted from the planning to his Supersize Pizza Fantasia in front of him.

"BUBBA! ain't that right?" "You can even hit them from behind..."
galenbd

Jamie grabs the security plans provided by Mrs. Johnson. Laying them out in front of her, she goes through them looking for motion detectors and roof access from the third floor. Casually, she comments, "Either plan seems to involve engaging the security guards down below. I wonder if we could get through the floor in the archive room down to the loading docks? That would bypass them all together."

Kliko

"Probaply, but not withouth creating a big mess... With the right explosives I can prep you a charge if you like, but again, that creates a lot of noise."
galenbd
19:36:15 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie considers the explosives idea. "But you're assuming it has to be fast. We have all night. What about up the stairs to the roof? Is there roof access?"
Bastard
19:36:26 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"From my aerial recon," Corsair interjects, "it looks like there is a stairwell access on the roof. There looked to be an camera similar to the one on the side door, old and stationary. If you use that as your insertion point, you may want to bring some heavy duty B&E tools. Many of those doors on old buildings like this don't open from the outside."
ntwi
19:36:31 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Hmmm... I have an idea that may work." Felix ponders for a few more seconds. "Jamie, can you crack the security cameras through the camera line or do you need a full data connection somewhere?"

"If we can get you invisible onto the roof, you splice into the camera feed from there. I can invis Kliko and Ludi while Bubba works in the kitchen. Bubba then takes a smoke break, holding the door open just long enough for Kliko and Ludi to enter as well. The two of them get past the guards on the first floor while invisible and into the stairwell. Before they go up the stairs, they coordinate with us, you loop the camera image while I drop the spell. They then climb the stairs with you keeping an eye on the upstairs guards with the cameras."

"They could then prep the roof exit, unlock the locks and such. The tricky part may be coordinating between you and the two of them exactly where the guards are in the hallway so they can get the surprise and tag both of them before they can react."

"Time starts ticking then, as we won't know how long until someone calls one of the guards on the radio. They have to break into Morningstar's quarters and grab him quietly."

"From there, they go back to the stairwell and out the roof to where you are, then rappelling or levitated down while you still loop the various feeds. Hallway and exterior at that point."

"Once they are clear, you disconnect and I'll levitate you clear while you are still invisible to the cameras. Bubba leaves the kitchen shortly after and they never have footage of anyones face or a reason to connect Bubba to Morningstar's abduction."

"Any thoughts of that idea?"
galenbd
19:36:31 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie looks over at Felix with interest. "That sounds like a great idea. I have a couple of simplifications. Once I have control of the cameras, I no longer need to be invisible. I'll just hunker down out of sight. Also, we don't need to send two people in the back door. Just one. That person's job will be to get the roof door open. The other person could be on the roof with me. Once the door is open, those two go down and knock out the guards with me coordinating. Then the acquisition of Morningstar occurs. Everyone exits via the roof; me last. We might not even need Bubba on site."
ntwi
19:36:35 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"You don't even need to hunker down, just feed the cameras a loop of seeing nothing on the roof. That way it won't see Kliko, Ludi or Morningstar when they come out the door. I was planning to leave the invis up in case the looped images drop as soon as you unplug." Felix thinks the scenario through again. "My original thought was not to open that roof door until they have Morningstar and are on the way out. Unlock or unbar it yes, but the worries of noisy hinges or a missed alarm seemed to outweigh the risk of two people sneaking in. Of course with you up top to help out and the right gear/chemicals, opening that door might not entail much risk."

"Having Bubba on scene with his stun baton in case something went south had seemed like prudence, as it also eases entry into the ground floor."
Kliko
19:47:01 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I like what I hear. What about if the roof-exit triggers an alarm? Can you deal with that." Looking at Jamie
galenbd
19:47:01 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie smirks, "Once I'm in the system, sure. It might be helpful to acquire a utility to help me. But I can do without it if needed."
Kliko
19:50:09 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Ok, so how about planning wise? I like the idea of being holed up in our marks quarters before he returns there instead of sneaking up on him. How about we do the infil during his evening sermon. All the attention and most people will be on the temples ground floor. We sneak inside up the staircase and hide inside his quarters. We wait until he goes to bed, drop him, wait a few hours more, then make our exfil through the roof...

If things go sour we can fight our way out if need be." 'Hell yeah, best have gravity working in my favor when I drop those grenades down the staircase'
ntwi
19:50:12 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"We could go that route, although it's not my first preference" Felix responds. "The challenge that presents is getting past the guards who are presumably still stationed in the hallway on the top floor. Your invisibility will have to be turned off at the bottom floor in the staircase. Jamie can keep the cameras from seeing you, but he can't do anything about the guards."

"Presuming you take the guards out quietly without anyone noticing, they will notice the unconcious bodies or the missing guards during the time you're hiding in Morningstar's room."
Kliko
19:53:56 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Can't we just like hunker down at the bottom of the staircase? Bubba can distract any guards at the bottom of the staircase long enough for us to sneak by. His body alone should give us a pretty good chance sneaking past those... Besides, their attention is probaply focused on the lobby anyway."

"We also got to figure out what we're gonna do once we have him, setup a rendez-vous point in case a chase evolves and we got to split."
ntwi
19:54:02 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Ah, I hadn't thought about hiding at the bottom of the stairwell. That might work, I had thought you were planning on hiding in Morningstar's bedroom."

"I just couldn't think of a way to sneak past or bluff past the guards in the hallway on the third floor. To me the clock starts ticking fast once you hit the third floor and take out the two guards there."
Kliko
19:54:02 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Looking back and forth at the map Kliko has an idea 'I'm a friggin genius'

"I was thinking, why don't we just take the elevator up from the storage area? If Jamie can control the elevator system, we're golden. All Jamie has to do is control the elevator so nobody can enter. If there's anybody at the top-floor corridor, we setup a distraction here" pointing at the third floor small temple room "by tapping the windows with Corsairs drone, the one with the arms you know, people check it out, drone gets out of the way, we sneak by and wait."

"... which gets me thinkin Bubba, are these all maglocks inside the building or the older tumbler-pin type?"
Bastard
19:54:13 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Ummms... me tinks dey all maglocks except da side door is old dead bull styles. I doe know bout da front door, dey always be open dough."
ntwi
19:54:20 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"While I like the thought of ambushing him as he enters his room, I think the guards in the hallway will be the hardest challenge. Mr J's information shows two guard on each of the top two floors. The tapping on the window will need to get both guards out of the hallway and into that second room for between 90 seconds and three minutes. We'll need to hope the elevator arriving and doors opening don't pull one of the guards back to the hallway to see who just arrived. Not just that, but you'll have to simply hope that no one stops by his room on the astral and that there are no spirits that arrive." Felix thinks back over that version of the plan again and shakes his head.

"If you want to ambush Morningstar you might be better off hiding invisible in the stairwell and hoping he goes upstairs by himself. The problem there is getting Morningstar out without attracting attention.... Actually, that could be a possibility. Depending on what that first landing of stairs looks like, if we can get three of us underneath the stairs, entirely out of the way and invisible, with a spirit concealing us. Jamie might be on the roof getting us the camera feeds to let us know who and how many are moving near the stairs or I can do that with clairvoyance. Kliko[b] and [b]Ludi nail Morningstar and whoever else in the back with dart guns as they start to climb the stairs. I invis and levitate Morningstar and we leave via the storeroom to the waiting vehicle. It's an option at least."

"All in all, it looks like we have three options on the table right now.
1. Quietly sneak in from the ground floor and roof and grab Morningstar while he's asleep.
2. Sneak past security during the day and ambush Morningstar when he enters his room. Exit several hours later.
3. Ambush Morningstar at the bottom of the stairs while invisible after a sermon.

They all have their challenges, just different challenges for each one. My preference would be 1 or 3, as I can't think of a foolproof way to get past the hallway guards in 2."
galenbd
19:54:20 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie adds her two nuyen, "I like option 1 best. I dislike option 2 the most. Hanging around for hours at a time runs risks of being discovered. Hey Felix, if I approach the roof with two spells on me, will the watchers alert their masters?"
Kliko
19:55:49 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"I put my nuyen on number 3, saves us a whole lot of lugging around with an unconscious mark. You think you can control that elevator-system Jamie? Just in case he is to lazy to take the stairs... Bubba can act as our eyes and ears from the worship hall to kitchen as well as backup or distraction in case things don't proceed as planned."

"Can you get yourself rostered for kitchen-service tomorrow afternoon Bubba? I guess we best grab the mark after the afternoon service which is attended by fewer people."

"In case there are to many people on the staircase or in the elevator we can abort to plan number 1... me I like to keep our options open."
ntwi
19:55:53 Thursday, 6 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"If I didn't have a spirit confuse the watchers as I move you then yes, they would go let someone know. It's fairly easy to confuse them for the few seconds it will take to for me to levitate you into place and then I can drop the spells."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012