Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
galenbd
15:12:18 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Paraku. looked over the camera displays making sure to blank any cameras that might show the staircase door opening.
Bastard
15:12:31 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The lobby door softly closes as the hallway door swings open. The two security guards walk through the storage warehouse and out the back door.

galenbd
15:12:34 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Paraku speaks over her shoulder, Rovers have exited through the storage area. Target has not moved from his post this past hour.
Bastard
15:12:49 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The two guards exit the warehouse into the back lot, heading toward the SUV. To Jamie, they seem to be going about it casually, as they are not in any defensive posture, military formation, cautious approach and their weapons remain holstered or slung.

"Charlie has eyes on," Corsair confirms sight of the two guards via the radio.
Bastard
15:14:30 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The two guards inspect the sport utility vehicle that is parked in the back lot, and dressed up like one of their normal delivery trucks. After a quick walk around, they look at each other and say a few words.
galenbd
15:12:49 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Paraku watches the two security guards look over their getaway vehicle with concern. I think we’ve been made. How do I find out what they’re saying? Maybe there’s a phone in the security office I can listen on.

She talks over her shoulder, Security is checking out our ride, though they don't seem alarmed.

She huffs mist into her paws and looks around the host through it trying to find the appropriate slave node.
Mister Juan

As calm and collected as Ludi felt before, waiting at the staircase's bottom with Kliko was already chipping at ther nerves. She knew she was invisible, and that Kliko was to, and yet, she could see both him and herself. She had no real way of knowing if the spell was holding... and that just made her irritable. Every now and then, she cursed magic in the back of her mind.

Under her thick black wool sweater, her form fitting armor felt like it was cooking her alive.

When she heard Jamie on the radio, her hand immediatly went to the dart pistol. Popping the satefy catch on the holster, she had the weapon halfway out when Kliko caught her forearm. He shook his head slowly, putting his free hand forward, signalling her to stay put. She held his gaze for a moment before nodding once. Reholstering the weapon, she folded her arms and pressed her back against the wall.

Apprently, they were sticking to the plan.
Bastard
15:13:19 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Looks like they have completed their inspection and are now heading toward South Gate," Corsair relays the progress to the team. It looks like they just gave the vehicle a quick look over, spending only 30-40 seconds checking out Kilo-1.

Paraku doesn't locate any any radio programs, besides Pandora, but that isn't what she is looking for. She doesn't think she would enjoy "Dragon Hymns" Station anyway. She does locate the landline telephone node however. At the moment there isn't much running, just background programs keeping it alert and ready when needed.

"They are heading down the Alpha toward Echo Street on their normal round. We still have eyes on, and I will keep you informed."
Kliko
15:13:25 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

'Relax now, breath in, breath out' Kliko's heartbeat and stress levels were racing up, or so his biomonitors display told him. 'Better to stick to a plan then no plan at all.' "Copy that Juliet, keep us posted when they inspect the Northern gate."

'Come on fragger, finish your sermon and lets get this over with.'
galenbd
15:13:25 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple host

Paraku smiles as the desk phone reveals itself. She sleazes over to it. She reaches out one claw and tweaks it carefully trying to turn on the mic in the headset so she can listen into the room.
Bastard
15:19:11 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Okay, it looks like our boys are heading inside. Their exterior patrol is complete," Corsair relays.

15:31:07 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Worship Hall, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"... and so my brothers and sisters, fellow Children of the Dragon, we humbly await for Ghostwalker to take us under his wing, and teach us the ways of the true humanity of the Great Dragon Spirit!" Joshua Morningstar concludes his sermon.

The parishioners stand and file out into the lobby, some continuing onto the canteen for refreshments, some heading straight for the door. Others still gather in the lobby, the lounge, and the worship hall speaking with their fellow worshipers, or the missionaries.

Morningstar is stopped several times by the frock, and he gives them warm welcomes, but continues on toward the lounge. He is flanked by two rather large brethren.
SneakyJoeKDB
15:31:045 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Worship Hall, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Through-out the sermon Bubba fidgeted more than ever as he wanted to jump up and shout hallelujah more than once. 'Damns dis guy is goods, but twators needs to be dealts with.' As Morningstar declared his final words Bubba reached his hand into his Jedi robe and clicked the radio button. He held the radio button long enough for Morningstar's last words "... of the Great Dragon Spirit" to be heard on the air.

Bubba moved to the isle way and stood smiling as he waited for Morningstar and his meat shields to walk past. He then followed the group into the lounge observing the direction of Morningstar.
Bastard
15:32:31 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Worship Hall, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba stopped as Morningstar and his two friends stopped to shake hands and greet various worshipers.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba warmly greets a nearby worshipper shaking his hand and positions the worshipper to have his back towards Morningstar enabling Bubba to have eyes on Morningstar while appearing to look at the worshipper.

"Hiyas! Isn't dis great how we can all be childrens of the dragons? How longs you been comin heres? I like to work in da kitchens to help those in needs. What do yous dos?"
Bastard
15:41:52 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Worship Hall, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix wanders with the crowd into the lounge, the lobby, then finally, the canteen. He is already seated with a cup of coffee watching the lobby for Bubba or Morningstar.

Finally Morningstar gives a final farewell to his followers, and heads through the lobby, down the hallway towards the stairs. Much of the crowd takes this as a sign to leave, and head for the front door, except those still in the canteen.
SneakyJoeKDB
15:42:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba listens to the worshipper and then interjects while the worshipper is in mid sentence.

"Oh Knows! I forgots to takes my pills dis mornings! I gets seizeures. I think i have some medicens..." Bubba reaches into his robe and grips the radio.

Click... Click...

Bubba whips his hand back out of the robe with a look of desperation. "I forgots my pills! Oh knows... I shouldnt gets too worked ups maybe I should calls for a ride and see if the temples got some" Bubba then stared at the worshipper.

After a moment of silence Bubba grasped the Worshipper's arms and moved his face within inches of the Worshiper's face and desperately cried, "Dos you haves somes?"

The Worshipper shaked his head no and Bubba released him and grabbed his tummy "Ugh". He made his way to the receptionist.

While holding his stomach and slightly hunched Bubba spoke, "I forgots me seizure pills dos you have somes handys?"
Bastard
15:42:30 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The Worshipper's eyes go wide, his skin pale as Bubba grabs hold. He isn't sure what the giant is spewing at him, and can't find his voice to answer or question, so he shakes his head in desperation. It seems to do the trick as the hands release him and his assailant disappears.

At the clerk's office, Bubba doesn't find anyone manning the counter. However, Brother Jackass finds him.

"What's wrong, Bubba!?"
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba stairs wide eyed at Brother Jackass then glances over to Morningstar. Once he sees Morningstar disappear to the direction of the staircase he replies.

"I forgots my seizure pi..." a glop of drool spills out of the corner of Bubba's mouth and puddles onto the floor. Bubba tried to catch it as he hunched over covering his stomach.

"I ne ds my p l s," Slow and incoherent phrases spill out of Bubba's mouth accompanied by foam and drool. Bubba's hand starts twitching. He grabs the twitching hand with his other hand but it is no match. The twitching hand hits his chest and he back flops onto the floor.

"Ohs knows! Helps me!" Bubba starts convulsing while wildly moaning and groaning with both his hands twitching into his chest. His legs writhe up and down with the wild shakes.

Bubba was actually quite amused with himself he never got so much attention before so he continued the act...
galenbd
15:42:30 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Paraku takes a quick glance at the cameras available to her to get a line on the position of the security guards.

She starts looking around the subsystem that handles the accounts for the doors. She'll be needing that later.
Bastard
15:42:32 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Get ready Lima-Kilo. You got about 10 seconds," came Jamie's voice over the comm. "Target plus two. Bravo going to work..."

15:42:39 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

A small crowd starts to build around Bubba, who was doing his best not to smile. It was hard with all the attention he was getting, and that they all seemed to care. He was going to miss these people, but he had to do his part to help his team, and probably helping his new friends if Morningstar was in fact a traitor. He bit down on the Alka-Seltzer tablet in his mouth, and the bitter taste wiped any evidence of a smile off his face.

"Bravo is working."

15:42:41 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Elevator Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The door to the elevator lobby swung open in front of Kliko and Ludi. All the planning and preparing was coming together perfectly. All that was left was to remain patient and strike at the right moment. That, and hope that Felix's magic held.

A half second later and the target crossed the threshold to the small lobby, his two personal guards to follow.
ntwi
15:42:42 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix sets down his cup of coffee and walks back into the lobby of the Temple as if to see what was happening. Keeping one eye on Bubba's performance, he watches Morningstar walk through the door into the small hallway and readies himself for what will follow.
Bastard
15:42:44 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Elevator Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi and Kliko waited for three long seconds before Joshua Morningstar turned to his right where they waited on the stairwell. His eyes went wide when he heard the gaseous hiss and metallic click of the Narcojet pistol invisibly fired less than two meters away. He stumbled back, startled, then fell backwards as he lost his footing and his consciousness as two Narcojet darts lodged themselves deeply in the right side of his neck.

A dark grey cylinder with pink tape appeared out of thin air about three quarters of the way up the stairs. It hit the ground to the right of Morningstar, spilling smoke onto the ground.

As the Nerostun grenade falls, Kliko lands at the bottom of the stairs, his right shoved underneath, Morningstar's right arm, as he tries to lift the large man.
Kliko
15:42:46 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Elevator Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

'Was it this warm in here before?' Kliko found himself struggling with Morningstar's mass as he managed to bring his left hand underneath the mans armpit. 'Now all I have to do is open this fraggin door behind me and get out.' Time was ticking away as Kliko frantically reached out for the staircase door knob and to safety. 'Swallow gas you fraggers!'
Bastard
15:42:46 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Elevator Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi followed Kliko down the stairs, holstering the less than lethal dart gun, and drawing her TMP, she backed out the door after Kliko while pointing the sub machine gun at the two guards.

POP! Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

The smoking grenade popped as Ludi, Kliko and the unconscious Morningstar entered the storage area, spilling Neurostun gas into the stairwell lobby.
galenbd
15:42:46 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

On her monitor, the smoke blooms from the stairwell. Paraku looks through the list of door locks. She ignores the lock exiting to the loading docks for the moment, but chooses the ones that will keep people from following her team. She tries to lock the doors coming down from the second floor to keep reinforcements from showing up.

Her primary mission accomplished, she looks to the door exiting the loading dock confirming that it's still free and clear.
Bastard
15:42:47 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Waiting for the stairwell doors to close, both the warehouse and the main lobby, seemed like an eternity. In a fraction of a second Paraku sent out ghostly ribbons locking down all other access to the stairwell on the other floors, the hallway to the south warehouse door, and locked down the elevator.

Ludi and Kliko had pulled out, now if only that door would close. She watched on camera as the human retreated, darting for the door from which they entered. The ork made another gesture similar to before, then reached for the same door, his partner was heading for.

As he ran, the human reached for his radio and keyed his mic,

"...."

Nothing but static, as it seems he was not yet able to catch his breath and make a transmission.

15:42:48 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Storage Area, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Kliko continued to drag Morningstar diagonally across the warehouse toward the exit, and out of the line of sight from the stairwell lobby. Once out of harms way he could move the package to a tactical carry, rather than a hasty drag.

Ludi backed out of the stairwell lobby quickly, bring the TMP up to the ready position as the door separating her from Morningstar's personal guards was closing due to the spring arm.

15:42:48 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba's legs kicked, his arms flailed, his body shook, his tongue wagged and his mouth open and closed spilling drool all over the lobby floor as he put on his award-winning performance.

Felix slowly moved pass the crowd, who's only interest is Bubba. Moving down the hallway, he watches a hand grab the door to the stairwell lobby just before it closes completely.
galenbd
15:42:47 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Ok, the doors are locked between security and my team. Security can no longer access this host, so they can't get a message out through me. I expect it would be a lot of work to try an lock down the local cell tower. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Not much for me to do but wait for the ground team's exit. I love VR. Reality is much too slow. I should take care of the door at the top of the stairs while I'm at it.

Paraku blows into her clawed hands and looks through the mist for the controller code for the door at the top of the stairs.
Bastard
15:42:50 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Through the Temple's security cameras she watched as first the human personal guard of Morningstar's succumbed to the Neuro-Stun gas. The ork ran past his fallen comrade catching the door just before it closed and before Paraku could lock it down. As he was pulling it open he transmitted his mayday

"They got Father Morningstar! [cough]!Warehouse! [cough]! ... Help! [gasp]! ..."

Unfortunately for him, the only one able to hear his broadcast was Jamie, as the radio transmitted to the computer systems, and then transmitted to the recycle bin.

The guard's hand slipped from the door and his body fell against it, slamming it closed. No one heard it, as it was muffled by the thumping from Bubba's kicking and flailing display in the main lobby.

Paraku locked the door and the guard barricaded it with his unconscious body for good measure.
galenbd
15:42:50 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Paraku smiled as the ork collapsed. She glanced over her shoulder and transmitted, Kilo, your six is covered.

She looks back over the bank of cameras to see if anyone was moving around outside who might interfere with her team's egress.
Bastard
15:42:51 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Paraku flips through the cameras, but it still looks as if all attention is still on Bubba. She locates two guards still on each level, clueless to the action that just took place seconds ago. Four guards remain on the ground floor, but they seem intent on investigating the commotion in the lobby, and not of that in the stairwell.

She pauses to watch the show for a second, then goes back to scanning the cameras following the security guards movements, or lack there of.

15:42:53 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Storage Area, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"Good copy, Juliet," Ludi responds for Kliko.

Rear security no longer the primary concern, Ludi darts around Kliko and Morningstar to lead their escape.

"Charlie. Is the coast clear?"

"All is clear. The only thing you have to worry about is on the other side of the building, and they seem preoccupied."

15:43:00 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Ludi opens the door and scans the lot with the TMP. She doesn't spot any threats, but that doesn't mean they are not there.
Kliko
15:43:03 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

As Ludmilla scanned the rear parking lot, Kliko made sure to disable his cars alarms before barging out back first. Maintaining a rautek-hold on Morningstar he dragged him all the way to the back of his SUV, relying on Ludi and Corsair for overwatch. 'hurry up now chummer, time to get out of here' If only he could make it inside the relative safety of his cars armor, Kliko'd feel a lot better.

Mister Juan
15:43:03 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

What seemed like hours of waiting was suddently broken by a torrent of swift actions. It was as if Ludmila watched herself from outside her body. She could see herself dart forward, line up her shot instinctively and squeeze the trigger twice.

Barely a blink. Barely a breath. Two small hiss of compressed air. A jolt up her arm.

Morningstar hadn't even dropped halfway to the floor, that Kliko was catching him, handling him as if he weighted nothing. As always, the entire thing felt completely surreal. Ludi found herself moving and acting before she could even think the thoughts themselves. The dart pistol was gone, the TMP was up and her entire world was made up of fields of fire, killing zones, pace counts, and memorized drills. Everything felt a hundred times sharper and clearer, yet, somehow, far off into the distance... as if everything was on another plane.

Sweaping the storage area, the TMP's muzzle just lowered enough not to shoot at anything by accident, Ludi quickly made sure it was all clear beforing spinning around to face the door she had just came through. In the split second left before it closed and locked itself down, she saw only the thick veil of gas from Kliko's grenade. Feeling the ork moving toward the exit, she started backing away slowly, her body slightly crouched, her weight on the ball of her feet.

Every beat, her attention would shift from one door to the other, her body ready to dispense bullets at whomever found the courage to come after them.

Kilo, your six is covered.

When she heard Jamie's voice over the comms, Ludi took over immediately. In another time, she would have hestiated, unsure if she'd step on Kliko's toes. But after spending so much time with the ork, she knew quite well he wouldn't take offense. Odds were, Morningstar was probably harder to carry than Kliko made it look.

"Good copy, Juliet," she answered, her transducer making her sound like a dispationate robot.

Immediately, she swung around and caught up with Kliko, meeting him by the door. He stood by one side while Ludi stacked herself against the other. For a brief moment, both runners simply stood there, waiting for everything and nothing. Ludi's green eyes looked into Kliko's for a second.

"Charlie. Is the coast clear?"

"All is clear. The only thing you have to worry about is on the other side of the building, and they seem preoccupied."

When he gave her a nod, Ludi turned the handle and flung the door open with her shoulder.

The TMP was up before the door connected with the wall. Banging loudly in the deserted parking lot, Ludi felt her skin tighten on her face as the cold hit her.

Good. Just like old time.

As Ludi made a dash for the driver's door, taking Kliko's extra keys from her pocket, she heard him pop the back door. Ripping her biomonitor from her forearm, she threw it out in the back where Kliko caught it in mid air.

Kliko was already half way through frisking and securing Morningstar tightly when Ludi threw the SUV into drive, jamming the fiberoptic cable from the dashboard behind her right ear.

“Package secure. Kilo-One moving.” Ludi said, somewhat disappointed that her cybernetic transducer couldn't convey her satisfied tone.
galenbd
15:43:03 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Children of the Dragon Matrix Host

Lima broadcast package secure and Jamie heart sang. Time to leave.

Paraku grabs some unused buffer space in the camera subsystem to post the current camera image. Spinning thin fibers of her icon out, she forces the cameras to continually pull from her buffer. Hopefully that will hold for 10 minutes.

Paraku speaks over shoulder again, Cameras are over laid. I'm jacking out.

Then she reaches down to her datatrail. Falling into it, she races back to her deck and the real world.

Bastard
15:43:37 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Kliko shut the rear gate, and started to tie up the unconscious Morningstar, who still had two darts protruding just to the left of his trachea. The engine of his SUV roared to life, the vehicle giving a slight jolt as Ludi shifted into Drive.

15:43:37 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Roof, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie watched the tail lights of the Land Rover flash as the driver depressed the break pedal while putting the vehicle in gear. With out a second look, she began her decent off the buildings north side, down into the alley way.
ntwi
15:43:37 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Hallway, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

I'll be out front for you to come pick up Corsair, and I'll try to have the big guy with me

With that Felix puts his pocket secretary back in his pocket and once again dons his earplug cellphone before walking back into the main lobby.

Joining the group watching Bubba, Felix asks the group at large "Is he going to be okay? Has anyone called an ambulance? Thats one fragging big seizure the guys having."
Kliko
15:43:43 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Morningstar wouldn't go anywhere for now. There would be plenty of time checking him over once they'd cleared the rear lot.

"Wait here" Kliko exclaimed as Kilo-1 rolled up the Northern gate halting inches before 'Don't you dare ruin the paint on my wheels girl'. Jumping out the passengers-door he found himself re-aranging his three-point sling and TMP alongside before proceeding to the roller gates latch-work.
SneakyJoeKDB
15:44:02 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba glanced at Felix. 'Dis must be da signs'. Bubba slowly stopped twitching and convulsing and laid still as he steadily blinked and looked over the crowd.

"p... p... pills" Bubba moaned.

He laid still for another moment and then made eye contact with Felix while softly speaking,

"Does someones haves my pills?"

He slowly sat up and wiped the drool and foam from his face. As the drool glopped from his hand to the floor he waved his hand while examining the drool mess.

"Oh knows it happeneds agains. Can someones takes me to dah doctors?"
ntwi
15:44:12 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

"My friend will be picking me up in a minute in his SUV, if you can tell us how to get to your doctors we can get you there easily enough." Felix offers to Bubba while smoothly brushing aside other offers of assistance. "No no, it's no bother at all" Felix helps the big guy to his feet and than taps his earplug cellphone to give Corsair a call.

"You mind giving one of the guys here a lift to his docs? He had a little episode of some sort but he's recovered. No, great, we'll meet you out front."
SneakyJoeKDB
15:44:32 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Speaking to Felix.

"Oh thank yous kind sirs."

Bubba rose to his feet slowly and then staggered for a moment before catching his balance.

"I forgots my seizures pills. Dis hasn't happenned in a longs time, please take mes to my Doctor. Doctors Smith at da Cherry Creek familys practices."

Bubba grabs Felix's arm and slowly walks toward the exit with him.
Bastard
15:44:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - RALLY POINT 1 - Commerce City Baseball Fields - UCAS Sector, Denver

Corsair turns his drones onto auto pilot, and starts the SUV. Pulling onto East 58th Avenue, he heads over to pick up Felix, Bubba and Jamie.

15:44:50 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Everyone gather's around Bubba and Felix, asking stupid questions like, "Are you okay?," "Can I do anything?," and, "Do you need a hand?," and generally just getting in the way, now that someone else has taken the lead.
galenbd
15:44:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Intersection of East 58th and Fairfax - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie slides down the rope until she is 4 feet off the ground. A quick glance insures no one is paying a lot of attention to her. She drops the last four feet, sliding right off the end of the rope.

Landing on her feet, she crouches down and pulls on the other half of the rope. The lock knot she tied at the top loosens and she pulls the whole rope back down into her duffle bag.

Corsair should be by any minute.
ntwi
15:44:58 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Lobby, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Just keep your attention on us for another forty five seconds and we'll be golden Felix muses as he welcomes the milling group of people. Pointing to an older human who had offered a hand. "Could you get the door for us? Thanks." Just gotta keep this group milling for a little longer. The walk towards the door feels painfully slow but Felix knows the timing should be just about right.

15:45:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Eudora St, in front of the Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Corsair smoothly pulls the SUV up to the front doors of the Temple where Felix, Bubba and a small group of people are just emerging from the doors.

"Good to see you buddy" Felix calls as he opens opens the passenger door, "Thanks for being willing to take him to his doc."

Felix ushers Bubba into the SUV before climbing into the back himself and closing the doors and sliding across to the far side to leave room for Jamie. "Jamie should be just around the corner, I'm going astral to make sure we're clear." And with that, Felix's body goes slack, being held up by the seat belt as he turns his focus to the astral.
ntwi
15:46:03 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rendezvous Point - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix watches the astral closely as he darts to the rendezvous point and Kliko's waiting SUV. Manifesting inside the vehicle, his image speaks "Corsair has all of us and we're inbound now. Looks like a clean getaway so far." Felix then turns his attention to Morningstar and examines him on the astral before directing Kliko to remove any foci Felix has seen. "I'll see what I can pry from his mind in another minute when my body gets here, does he have a pocket secretary that Jamie can squeeze for information?"

When Corsair pulls up in the second vehicle, Felix snaps back to his body and quickly changes vehicles. With a few deep breaths to prepare himself, Felix launches himself into the depths on Morningstar's unconscious mind, trying to glean information on the potential betrayal.

With that first question answered, Felix returns his attention to security, calling up a whimsical air spirit to keep Morningstar confused if he awakes, and a larger city spirit to conceal Felix and Morningstar and to return him to unconsciousness if needed.
galenbd
15:46:03 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Intersection of East 58th and Fairfax - UCAS Sector, Denver

Jamie pops the quick links on her climbing harness and stuffs it in the duffel bag. She makes her way to the corner of the building. There's a crowd out front which she expects. She looks long enough to satisfy and idle curiosity, then turns south and walks away down Eudora.
Kliko
15:44:02 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

The roller gate screeched as Kliko put his weight into it, sound dampeners kicking in as the sound exceeded the Orks pre-set treshholds. 'Come on! Move, move, move! Just a few more seconds!' Clearing the gate for some 3 meters Kliko hopped back in Kilo-1.

Ludmilla didn't waste any time as she put the SUV in "drive" speeding away with gravel sprouting away behind the vehicle. She made a handbrake turn right onto East 58th street, flinging Kliko across Morningstar's unconsciousness body and the backseat interior. "Cut it out! I'm trying to examine this motherfragger here!" Bending over Morningstar, Kliko put him in the recovery position meanwhile afixing Ludi's biomonitor and applying first aid where/if necessary.

Turning left at Holly street Kilo-1 changed her plates and color scheme from white into a dark red. Not before joining up with Charlie-1 and hitting Colorado boulevard Kliko made the call.

"Goodday ma'am, we got him"
Mister Juan
15:44:29 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Rear Lot, Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Pulling hard on the handbrake, Ludi couldn't help but smile as she felt Kliko's body swing on the other side of the SUV. She cast a brief glance at him, through the rearview mirror, her eyes sparkling with malice. Contrary to her usual self, Ludmilla actually found herself in a rather good mood. Her marksmanship had been spot on, and for good measure, Kliko hadn't gotten her shot this time around. Everything, or at least pretty much everything, had gone completely without a hitch.

Easing her foot off the accelerator, she slowed down until she was following the pace of the traffic. She could hear and feel Kliko moving around back, taking care of their newly aquired “friend”. At a red light, she took the opportunity to unstrap her holsters and webbing, throwing everything into an open bag on the passenger's side. She tugged a beanie hat on her head, and did her best to slip back into her jacket as she drove.

As she was reaching for her pack of smoke, resting on the passenger seat, Felix's ghostly image appeared. Instantly, Ludmilla jerked her hand back, the SUV swerving to the right for a moment. Cursing loudly, she blared the horn and flipped the driver next to her. When he disappeared back into the void, all Ludi could do was keep swearing.

“I swear, I will break arm if he does that again...” she muttered to herself.

It was Kliko's time to grin the back. Ludi had been caught by surprise and jumped. She knew it, he knew it. She hated it, and he saw it as karmic payback for having thrown him around.
SneakyJoeKDB
15:46:40 Friday, 7 April 2062 - Eudora St, in front of the Children of the Dragon Temple - UCAS Sector, Denver

Bubba looked back at the crowd as the vehicle pulled away. He could not help but feel some guilt as the cultists seemed like a good bunch of folks who showed genuine concern for him. He also wondered how Morningstar was doing? Hopefully Morningstar wasn't hurt. Despite Bubba's concerns he was anxious to get some answers. Was Morningstar a traitor? Or mislead? What will happen to his flock? Bubba's concerns were all broken up when he turned his thoughts to the completion of the mission and the nuyen that would be coming to him. It helped calm his nerves as he leaned back in his seat and interlocked his fingers behind his head pondering on the events of the day.

"I tinks I will be an actors" he said loudly.

Bubba enjoyed the attention he got from his seizure performance and began to convince himself he could make it big time. He got on his phone accessing the internet and looking for local drama clubs and local studio's near his home that he could enroll or audition for a part in a play. Having found one in Antioch he began completing the online application.

"Auditions starts next weeks, perfect timings!"

Corsair looked back at Bubba through the rear view mirror with a puzzled look on his face. Bubba didnt notice as he sat there relaxed and smiling, dreaming of himself being in the star role of the Antioch upcoming local play Beauty and the Beast.
Bastard
17:36:23 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Corsair entered the safe house followed by Felix and Bubba.

"You call the Johnson yet?" Corsair asks as he entered the safe house, followed by Felix and Bubba.

Kliko and Ludi had arrived with the package almost 20 minutes earlier, yet to make any business moves without their business partners.
ntwi
17:36:48 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

Felix gives Morningstar another quick once over, making sure all foci, fetishes, and other assorted magical odds and ends have been removed from him along with any electronic gear that he had. Felix carefully picks up the foci and examines them on both planes of existence. He then carefully places each ring into a small pouch for safekeeping. The foci now secured, Felix steels himself and probes into the depths of Morningstar's mind.

"He appears to have no recollection of those suspicious comcalls ever being made, and he certainly believes in the visions that he received about Ghostwalker. He certainly doesn't believe anyone or anything to be his master like was referenced in that call. He certainly believes every word he preaches back at the temple, no signs of duplicity in him that I can find."

"Any idea when or where the J wants the meet? Back in the CAS sector or here in UCAS? I presume his electronics are already in a faraday cage or chucked somewhere along the way?"
Kliko
17:36:54 Friday, 7 April 2062 - UCAS Safe House - UCAS Sector, Denver

"We removed the batteries some time ago, that should take care of any listening devices. Jamie is looking over his PocSec as we speak." Kliko had changed into a more relaxed attire, changing the paramilitary urban camo suit for cheap business clothing and an armor vest with plates. The TMP hanging casually on his side in the three-point sling underneath his jacket.

"I made the call as soon as we hit Colorado boulevard. Ms J would get back to us with a rendez-vous location in another..." checking his internal clock "...23 minutes or so." 'don't forget to turn on your disposable cell phone chummer' "To be honest we best get moving, I feel like a sitting duck out here." 'And outside my SUV's concealed armoring.'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012