Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Evolution
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Kliko
06:06:26 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

'Proklyat'e! Not such a harmless little pet drone afterall.' Grabbing Hausmann in a handlock Ludi forces him off to the right and past the bushes. 'No time to waste.' She puts Hausmann to his knees and slaps the tranq-patch on the exposed skin of his neck.
Bastard
06:06:45 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The dazed Hausmann slips deeper into Wonderland with the help of the chemicals once contained in the tranq patch. Ludi binds his hands and feet with flex cuffs, not necessarily to restrain him, as much to have less flopping-rag-doll limbs during their decent.

Returning to her gear Ludi notices the now dented drone "limping" through the air. It turns right, floats a bit, dips down, turns right again, flies somewhat upward, and goes about its awkward flight.

06:07:00 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Bubba has got his end of the line secured and awaits Ludi's decent. Kliko has the wheel of the skiff and is maintaining their position the best he can in the choppy water. Kliko keeps an eye on the water, while Bubba watches the cliff's ledge.

06:07:10 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi steps into her harness, tightens the straps on the chest, then around the thighs, then connects the belt across her waste. She grabs a less complex harness, and dresses it on the unconscious Hausmann. She scans the area for any reaction, but so far no one is on to them. In fact, the area is silent of any human, or metahuman, presence and Ludi is once again engulfed in the tranquility of the island. The crash of waves on the rocks below and the roar of the wind soothe her nerves.

That won't do. She regains her composure of hard steel. It has taken over a minute to take the target down, and get the gear ready. That is an eternity on shadowrun, and she knows it. She snaps the D-ring on her belt to the one on Hausmann's, and then to the connector line. She tests the lines for tautness after hooking up. "Sooka!"

06:07:45 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Off the northern end of the island Kliko spots the patrol cruiser. He looks to the cliff to see if Ludi is on her way, but she isn't yet. He looks to Bubba to give him the sitrep, but his eyes are already wide in surprise, and is mouth is more agape than normal. No communication is needed, they know they have to hurry. However, Bubba speaks anyways, "Uh-ohs. Ludis betters hurries, or there be no more donuts in our futures."

06:07:50 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi disconnects from the line, and from the dead weight. She finds the anchor snagged in some shrubbery and comes to the conclusion that it probably will not hold. She finds a larger bush and wraps the line and hook around its base. It is the largest one around and looks like it could hold a couple hundred kilos. It will have to do. She clicks the radio a few times to let the team know she is on her way.

06:08:30 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The cruiser is baring down on the skiff and Ludi is still not on the line. Bubba is sure it has weapons, but would prefer not to find out. Kliko is contemplating breaking radio silence when he hears a series of clicks. "Get ready Bubba - the package is en route."

06:08:40 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi reestablishes her line, Hausmann included. She scans the park again, and nothing has changed, except for four guards exiting the main door.

She clicks her radio to let Bubba and Kliko know she is one the way. No time to wait for a response, her feet are off the ground and she is flying down the zip line.

06:08:42 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Shortly after a second series of radio clicks Bubba is on belay. Ludi leaps from the cliff side. She and Hausmann come roaring down the zip line fast enough to cause a loud zipping sound. Automatic gunfire chases her from the top of the cliff to no avail.

06:08:50 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludis feet hit the deck. Bubba is there to catch her and cushion her fall. Instead, the unconscious body of hostage does that, as they make a short-lived Hausmann sandwich.
Kliko
06:08:56 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Good job chummer, now let's get the frag out of here. Looks like the drek just hit the fan. Ludi, you strip our fragger. Bubba, cut the line and hand me my rifle." Kliko exclaims calmly while steering the skiff towards a zero heading. 'This is where I get to earn my nuyen, you keep your calm and your crew will follow.' At least this course should minimize their signature... "Oh and keep your head down, the both of you."
SneakyJoeKDB
As Ludi zips down the rope, Bubba's eyes meet hers and he drifts into a happy place. Bubba's arms float into the air with anticipation to catch Ludi in a full embrace. As birds chirp and the world around him seems to move into slow motion, Bubba is oblivious to the frail, unconscious body whipping down the rope slide in front of Ludi. Bubba's concentration is broken as a little body thuds against him followed by a stiff arm from Ludi to the face. Ludi breaks her rapid decent with her feet pressing into Hausmann's back, a stiff arm to Bubba's face, and then acrobatically lands onto the floor of the skiff. Bubba is caught holding Hausmann in a tender moment as he cherishes the touch of a female.

Bubba's fantasy moment comes crashing to a holt as Kliko yells out commands and Bubba finds himself hugging hausmann. Bubba immediately drops Hausmann with a loud thud!

Eyeing the swiftly approaching patrol boat, Bubba picks up Kliko's rifle, looks it over, and hands it to Kliko. 'So tiny' "I bets you wishes we hads me heavy machine guns nows... dont yous?"
Kliko
06:09:02 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Would have stuck it up your arse more like. Now ask me again once I'm done with that cruiser there." 'Smartass' "Bubba, you hold the wheel for me. Got to take some aim to pull this off."

Meanwhile Ludi continues to strip the now half-naked Hausmann. 'Nothing here I haven't seen before... as naked as on his nameday.' She dumps his clothes overboard the moment they come off.
Bastard
06:09:05 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Bubba whips the skiff around heading for the river mouth. Kliko takes aim at the patrol cruiser, scanning for some smiling faces through the sights on his rifle. Hopefully they can hit the river before they are overcome by the larger and faster ship.

It is still more than klick and a half away, but that isn't much out here on the open sea. Air horns sound from the cruiser and muffled voices over the PA can be heard, but not understood.

As the boat accelerates through the rough water, Kliko finds it hard to hold onto a target. However, he is able to grab a good look at the boat. It looks to be a large cruiser, about 35 feet or so, with some sort of machine gun mounted on the bow. He spots at least four crew members, plus someone is probably driving it behind the tinted glass of the bridge.
Kliko
06:09:17 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Looking back and forth at the cruiser Kliko puts the assault rifle down and set it visibly aside in the skiff's bottom. 'This won't do, drek, Bubba's HMG wouldn't do, now show some fraggin adaptability chummer. There's a time for applied firepower and a time for cunning.' Kliko moves over regaining the wheel from Bubba.

"Bubba, hand me that equipment pouch at the bottom there will you. In it you find two smoke grenades. Pick one and hand me the other. Now this is how we go about it. We pop smoke on my mark, turn about and drop anchor behind one of these outlying cliffs right there. Once safe at anchor we pull up the camouflage netting. The cruiser will think we make a run for it, and be looking for a skiff like this." knocking on the skiff's board "With any luck they won't realize we changed appearances."

"Ludi, hurry up with Hausmann will you, get him into that camo-suit ASAP and better check you strip him naked as his nameday and dump his stuff in the ocean. Don't forget to disengage that hot drek jammer of yours once you're done. The sooner things turn normal for Proteus security, the better."
Bastard
06:09:33 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi is busy tearing the clothing off Hausmann, without regard for its structural stability, stuffing the remnants in her now empty duffel bag.

Bubba digs through Kliko's bag, looking for the items he wanted. What were they? He becomes distracted by daydreams of finding a box of fresh exotic donuts, topped with a creme de banana icing, shredded coconut or filled with mango jelly.

Kliko continues plotting their escape. It's going to be a hard sell. He didn't notice any other boats around the islands, but maybe they can just blend in. He watches the patrol cruiser at it continues it's approach. Best start the bluff towards the river mouth. He begins to bring the skiffs bow around... Drek! The anchor is still set!

Kliko
06:09:39 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Drek! The anchor is still set! The skiff jerked it's bow back towards the anchor, knocking the crew violently down. Scrambling up Kliko reverses throttle, turning it backward full. The outboard engine rattles, screeches and jumps in protest, before turning the skiff's rear in a wide arc perpendicular to it's anchor line and back towards the cliff's base 'At least the anchor line didn't caught up in the prop.' "Bubba, those nades would be really helpfull about right now!"
Mister Juan
Double post
Mister Juan
06:09:42 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi quickly found out that undressing a completely sedated man, in a tiny boat, in the Atlantic’s choppy waters was… well… a little more complicated than expected. After some pulling and tugging, the young woman decided to use the tried and true method of “ripping”. By then, the clothes were coming off pretty fast, and leaving some nasty red rashes behind. No matter, Hausmann could always get some creme for that later on.

As the scientist laid at the bottom of the skiff, curled up into am unconscious ball of sweaty skin, Ludi decided it was her turn to change outfit. Grabbing her tac vest, she simply slipped it over her jogging clothes. Although she still felt completely naked without a thick layer of Kevlar over her body, the reassuring weight of a few hundreds rounds of ammunition brought some comfort. Quickly strapping her thigh holster on, she resisted the urge to do a brass check. She’d check every before leaving for the ark, and she knew very well Kliko had double checked everything afterwards. It was good. Everything was good. She pushed every single ounce of doubt to the back of her mind. Now was neither the time, nor the place, for doubts. With a simple mental command, the jammer still strapped to her hip powered down. She left the direct neural interface cable plugged in, just in case.

Licking her lips, she tasted the ocean. Someday, when things had calmed down, and Lana was a bit older, they’d go on a trip. Aztlan was supposed to have some nice beaches. In a blink of green eyes, she was back into action. Throwing a rapid glance over her shoulder, it seemed to her like the cruiser was getting way too close for comfort. She turned her attention back to Hausmann.
Bastard
06:09:45 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The patrol cruiser continued to close on the anchored skiff.
SneakyJoeKDB
As Bubba rises to his feet, he pulls out a knife and cuts the anchor line. He then grabs the smoke grenades, looks them over, and says to Kliko, "I hopes you knows whatsa doings cause these tings aren't gonnas floats. Hopes you gots plan Bs or folks are gonna die." Bubba primes his cyber shotguns. As Bubba primes his shot guns he feels his stomach rumble... "Anybody bring any donuts?"
Kliko
06:09:57 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Aye, you guys ever heard about that concept of no plan survives first contact with an enemy?... guess not."

As the boat, now free of any encumbrances, speeds backwards Kliko puts the gear in neutral creating an akward moment of silence before tatters from the cruisers speaker system start coming through. Turning his back to the cruiser he takes some time to look back towards the cliff-top before unholstering his Ares Predator. The screeching noise of metal on metal confirming the obvious as he installs a silencer on his trusty Predator. The re-assuring feel of the Ad.VAT32 protocol running a systems-check lifting his mood before he hides the gun between some rags near the outboard engine. 'Proper fraggin mess.'

Putting the throttle back on foward Kliko stands-up and unbuttons his security helmet keeping it dangling in front of him. Putting his hands up, he starts waving back at the cruiser as it closes the gap between them. "Aye, now this is how we go about it. Bubba, you pick up that line back there at the front and look like you prep to hand it to that guard there at the cruiser's back. Please look all innocent and that, we want to get in their comfort zone so everybody puts at least two feet between him and his automatics for now. Don't hide them, but with any luck we can do this without massive bursts of unsilenced gunfire... Once we make our approach I want you, Bubba, to put that line around that rearmost man and pull him over the railing, failing that... drek... that fails, you frag him. Then board the cruiser and make your way for the cruiser's bridge.. rumor has it they keep a stash of Proteus' specials back there... and yes, I mean donuts with that"

"Ludi, put some armor, there's a camo full suit with your name on it right under that tarp. If not for your own comfort, it makes me feel a lot better seeing you wearing it. Top-guy" nodding in the cruiser's direction "is yours. Make sure he can't take his eyes off you. You got gel-rounds for that sidearm of yours, use them, otherwise, make sure he remembers not to try anything stupid like firing in our general direction."

"Me, I pickoff their front two guards. Now listen up. Prio, we don't want anyone of us to get hurt, we don't want to kill anyone on that cruiser. We screw this up and they will look much more kindly upon us when all their colleagues yet live. You got stun shells for that cyber Bubba?... Finally, let's try and avoid unsilenced gunfire shall we. You got to frag your man, frag em, but let's keep the noise down to a minimum."
SneakyJoeKDB
"Sorry Kilkos, only got the APDS rounds, I keeps a couple of stun batons on hand toos but this missions done gonna gets messies. I'll dos whats I can tos minimize the collaterals damages."

'Ooooh Donuts on the Bridge... I can't wait to get me some strawberry filled goodness, and nobody better stand in my way!' Bubba was fully convinced that Kliko was serious about the donuts. Bubba working in former security jobs knew all too well about the tendancy security type have to always have donuts on hand.

Bubba, with great anticipation, prepares the rope to support a laso and enough feet to accomplish the task. As Bubba watches the approaching patrol boat he cant help, but visualize the patrol boat as a giant cream filled donut floating towards them. His stomach rumbles some more as his jaw is dropped with a little drool formulating in the corner of his mouth. It has been too long since he had his last donut. Hopefully his weakness, if channeled correctly, will become a strength to his team.
Mister Juan
06:09:57 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

When Ludmila shoved Hausmann back down, every one could clearly hear his head bouncing off the bottom of the skiff. It wasn't as much as she shoved him down, as she simply dropped his half naked body. Her hard features were a mix of shock and confusion. Fight it out? They were going to slug it out on the water with a Proteus security team? And not just that, but Kliko wanted them to spare them as much hurt as they could. Like they were going to respond in kind. But now was not the time to argue. If she ended up dead in a few minutes, it wouldn't be the time either… but by then, she'd have other concerns.

Muttering curses in Russian, Ludi took her tactical vest off and slipped the camo jacket over her tank top. She looked a bit "off" with her bright blue jogging pants and her jungle camo jacket… but it would have to do for now. Fashion wasn't something that concerned her very much, especially when she was a few seconds away from double tapping some poor sod.

Strapping her leg holster on, she swapped it's regular ammo clip with a gel one, and started to screw on a silencer. Once ready, she simply nodded to Kliko, her anger boiling too close to the surface for her to speak.

She looked up at the sun shining over the horizon.

And it was such a nice day.
Kliko
06:010:21 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Bringing in the skiff closer, the green-skinned ork continues to wave his right arm at the cruiser. 'Running linguasofts or not, can't hear a damn thing this speaker-system of theirs tatters.'

"Ludi, Vy mozhete sdelatʹ mne odolzhenie? Put that jammer back online once we get in 10 mikes of that cruiser. Bubba, stun batons will do. Remember prio one, frag 'em when the line don't make it." 'Let's unfrag this situation.'
Bastard
06:11:10 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

As the cruiser closes in on the skiff, the shadowrunners are able to make out the voice on the PA.

"Bateau non identifié, vous êtes des intrusions dans les eaux privées Proteus. Arrêtez vos moteurs et préparez vous à être inspectés.

"Unidentified vessel, you are trespassing in Proteus private waters. Stop your engines and prepare to be inspected.

"Barco não identificado, está invadindo as águas do Proteus privado. Pare de seus motores e prepare-se para ser inspecionado.

"Embarcación no identificada, está pasando a Proteus aguas privadas. Parar los motores y se preparan para ser inspeccionado."

It repeats through the series of notifications, over and over. The patrol boat cuts its own engines about 200 meters and 45 degrees off the skiff's stern. The machine gun on the bow is trained on the small boat, waiting for reason to come to life.

The PA announcement is cut mid-sentence, "Barco não identificado, est-"

There is a short pause, some awkward thumps on the radio, then a new voice announces itself.

"Tout le monde à bord s'il vous plaît déplacer vers l'arrière du bateau."
Kliko
06:11:22 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

'Drek that will fraggin capsize this little boat' Pointing two arms at the troll Kliko signals that's just not possible with Bubba on board. Putting two hands at his mouth he bellows "Messieurs, ce n'est pas possible avec le geant! Il chavirera le bateau!" Kliko waves his arms to invite them closer and take a better look. "Ludi, can you put some of that camo-netting across Hausmann? For all they care this is some fraggin security drill."
SneakyJoeKDB
What dids they says about me Klikos? Did they call me fats? Bubba was not fluent in French, but through the hand gestures and French word geant he knew the conversation was about him.

Kliko
06:11:28 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Nah, they want us all in the back of the boat. Easier to gun down you see. I told them our boat would capsize if we do as they say."
SneakyJoeKDB
" I tinks that might sink the boats toos. hmmm..." Bubba holds his hands up high above his head, waves them back and forth and yells, "Hey you guuuuuys!"

When he believes he has their attention, Bubba grabs the rope and yells, "Here takes dah ropes and come aboards." Bubba ensures his hands are easy to be seen and empty of any threatening devices with his right hand holding the rope in view. Not that he doesnt appear so already, but Bubba thinks he will play the big, innocent, and harmless dumb guy.
Bastard
06:11:34 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The cruiser inches closer as it slowly loses speed after cutting its engines. It is still a good 175 meters off the aft-starboard.

"Vous y rester. Le reste d'entre vous à l'arrière du bateau!"
Kliko
06:11:40 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Reducing throttle to maintain a constant position Kliko signals a thumbs up back to the cruiser. "It's ok Bubba, they say you can stay right there at the front."

Meanwhile the auto-injector status report in Kliko's eye reads: ...1x dose of Jazz loaded... Stand-by for injection...
Bastard
06:11:50 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Kliko throttles down the skiff, keeping his distance from the Proteus patrol cruiser.

The PA system comes alive again: "Sir. Arrêtez votre bateau."
Kliko
06:11:56 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Putting the front of the skiff in the wind Kliko puts the outboard engine into neutral. With the power gone the skiff heaves strongly and gradually looses speed as wave after wave washes through beneath them.
Bastard
06:12:30 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

As the skiff slows to a stop, and its crew moves as directed, the cruiser slowly closes. Its machine gun remaining trained on it the entire time.
Kliko
06:12:42 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

With their propulsion gone the wind slowly catches up on the skiff's bow. 'Time to maneuver' Waving his arms Kliko notices he has their attention with the machine gun aimed at his torso 'drek eek.gif ' "Messieurs! Je voudrais manœuvrer afin de maintenir notre position!"... "S'il vous plaît ne pas me tirer dessus." this could have been a textbook security drill...
Bastard
06:12:47 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Calmez-vous monsieur. Tant que vous coopérez, nous n'avons aucun désir de vous tirer dessus, ou vos compagnons." The projected voice sounds somewhat frustrated.

The patrol cruiser continues to close keeping itself 45 degrees off the rear right of the skiff. The machine gun can make a good sweep of her entire crew during its entire approach. Another armed man moves to the front of the boat and readies a roll of white rope, as do two of the men in the rear section.

Once the Proteus vessel closes within ten meters however, it starts to pull along side of the shadowrunner's boat, putting the skiff between the larger boat and the island.

Now there is no need for the PA system and the man on the bridge yells down, "Nous allons lancer vous de la corde. Attachez votre bateau à la nôtre afin que nous puissions effectuer une inspection de routine!"
Kliko
06:12:53 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Supressing the increasing urge to twitch with the cool sensation of combat drugs spreading through his veins up his body and tingling his arms, his hands and fingertips. Kliko maneuvers the skiff in a stationary position parallel to the cruisers course. Enabling the Proteus crew to throw their lines and haul them back in, moving them into close range being an extra plus.

"Its ok, they want us to catch their lines instead and pull us in... that means less guns aimed for us... that's a good thing."

'Your show Bubba, hit 'em hard and fast chummer'
Bastard
06:13:44 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

As the Proteus AG Patrol Boat approaches the men and women of the skiff stealthily prepare for combat. The trained eye of a corporate or government operative or a shadowrunner might spot one of their tells, but it is unlikely one of the crew members of the other ship will. Like the slight muscle shutter Kliko gives, along with the smallest upturn at the corners of his mouth as the Jazz slips into is bloodstream. The perpetual dangling tongue of Bubba continues its descent down his chin. His goofy open mouthed smile remains. The dark eyes of Ludi darting from one person to the next, quickly accessing the threat level of each member of the other crew, and anticipating the moves of her own.

The Proteus cruiser pulls along the right side of the skiff. With it's bow just past the beam of the smaller boat, and about thirty feet off its starboard, the three men with ropes in hand toss them across the gap. The one thrown from the bow flies in front of Kliko's helm landing in the water on the other side, leaving a line across the front of the skiff. The two from the patrol boat's aft land inside the skiff in a heap, partially on top of Hausmann's covered body.

The rope-mens' sub-machine guns remain slung across their backs, as they wrap their end of the rope around the cleats. The machine gun remains aimed at the skiff. The crewman at the back of the bridge keeps his rifle at the ready, and continues to direct the other boat.

"Utilisez la corde pour mettre votre bateau aux côtés de la nôtre!"

The skiff's crew is already quickly pulling themselves toward the cruiser.

06:14:15 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana
The three runners pull on the lines, dragging the skiff sideways into the cruiser. At this point the rope-throwers have regathered their weapons and have them at the ready.

As the two vessels near, Bubba takes a step and jumps to the patrol boat. He easily clears the meter between the two, landing his knee on the outside of the quarter wall at the rear of the bridge, then stepping over with his other leg, pulling his stun batons. He completely shields Ludi's view of the rifleman, now smg-holder, but she sees the rear crew member Bubba's leap.

With a long swooping backhand, the giant crushes the skull of his first target, throwing him across the void and onto the floor of the skiff. He turns his attention to the rifleman, who probably wants a bigger assault rifle at this point.

Kliko drops his line pulling his heavy pistol. He targets the machine gunner and with one quick flash the Ares Predator III goes to work. The gel round inside takes a flight path directly to the sternum of its target, expanding on impact, dispersing its energy across the chest of the would be enemy, who is thrown to the ground, slipping between the deck and the railing, falls into the Atlantic.

Ludi pulls her Savalette Guardian and prepares to double tap the guard on the aft deck. However, the first shot drops him, leaving him halfway dangling in the water. Ludi does not wait to see if falls in as she searches for a second target. With Bubba obscuring her view of the rifleman, she continues onto the third rope-thrower and plant a gel round lovingly on his cheek. He does a 180, throwing his smg high into the air, as he lands on his face on the fore deck.

Bubba locks eyes with the last remaining outside guard, who does his best to take him down.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba grins violently as he feels the light force of the bullets bounce off his body. He sees the look of terror in the guards eyes as Bubba knocks the rifle out of his hands with one extendable baton and pounds him on the head with the other -like a large mallet pounding a small stake. As the guard's body collapses in on itself from the force of the pounding, Bubba wastes no time making his way to the bridge. 'This guy better have saved me a donut!'. Bubba's stomach growls.
Kliko
06:14:18 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The AK's distinctive noise was unmistaken as the Proteus guard ripped open somewhere to his right. Ear dampeners or not it was a signature Kliko could pinpoint even in the mayhem of the modern era battlefield. 'No time to waste' Slamming his helmet into place Kliko tied up the skiff and Proteus cruiser. 'Drek! Bubba better be safe'
SneakyJoeKDB
As Bubba towers in front of the bridge door he lightly jiggles the door knob identifying it as locked. He yells to Kliko, "I needs a grenade, da basterds locked himselfs in with all the tasty donuts! I gonna blast dah doors!" Bubba shouts into the door, "You comes out and we lets you lives or yous gonna meets a round metal friends that likes to explodes!" Bubba's cyber shotgun pops out of his forearm ready to blast the door knob. Bubba waits for Kliko's assurance and grenade before he proceeds.
Bastard
06:14:25 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The cruiser's PA system cracks, pops, squelches and then thumps a few times. After an excruciating few seconds, the pilot's voice, shakes on the mike, "J'ai appelé des renforts - un autre bateau est en route!" You almost think you hear him cry.
SneakyJoeKDB
Bubba shouts through the door! "Come out nows or you gonnas eat a grenades!, We wonts hurts you if you come outs peacefullys."

"Ludi, is your jammers workings?"
Kliko
06:14:28 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Scrambling across the cruiser's cabin roof, balancing with his left hand, Predator at the ready in his right, Kliko must have made a grisly sight for the remaining Proteus mariner. Thankfully his dampeners once again tuned down the PA-system volume back to normal ranges and the sound of Bubba's voice outside the cabin door indicated he was in reasonably good shape.

Hanging on to the Cruiser's railing Kliko finds the Proteus mariner floating face down, subject to Atlantic waves and currents. Ticking the cruiser's cabin window with his silencer, Kliko catches the helmsman attention. "Monsieur, je pense que vous bluffez!" Exposing and tapping the fiber-optic cable running from the datajack at the back of his neck. "Votre équipage exige vos soins médicaux!"... "Obtenir un crochet et le ramasser!"
Bastard
06:14:35 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Il n'y a pas besoin de soins médicaux pour les morts!"
the PA replies.
Kliko
06:14:38 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Ils ne sont pas morts! Mais ils le seront quand ils se noient!"... "Soyez un héros! Sauver votre équipage!" 'Drek, this is taking to long...'
SneakyJoeKDB
"Klikos this is taking too long and I want my DONUTS! I am gonna blasts the door downs!" 'I want my donuts and this frenchie is pissing me off. Besides we need to hurry before another boat comes.' Bubba points his shotgun at the door knob barely refraining from unleashing the blast as he grudgingly waits for Klikos response.
Bastard
06:14:41 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Je n'ai pas confiance en vous, ou vos mensonges crapuleux!"
Kliko
06:14:45 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Comme tu voudras!" 'No more play' "Cool chick! get mr Awesomeness here," indicating Bubba "one of those pink-marked grenades from my bag!" Kliko barked the commands in a routine fashion. 'No time to waste!' Kliko tucked away his Predator and starts looking for a boathook to pick up the floating Proteus mariner.
Bastard
06:14:46 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The pilot's eyes remain locked on Kliko, but not his eyes. One hand grips the mic to the PA system, held up just below his chin, but unused. The other hand grips his sidearm, a black and glossy smg, also unused. The pilot waits for the shadowrunners to make their move.
SneakyJoeKDB
As Kliko Barks out his commands Bubba cant refrain any longer and blasts the door knob twice, once with each cyber shotgun.
Mister Juan
06:14:46 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

By the time she had lowered her weapon, Bubba and Kliko had already scrambled aboard the boat. With the way everyone had handled themselves, she wasn't the bit worried they couldn't take care of the last man. Wrapping her hand in her sleeve, Ludi rapidly unscrewed the silencer from her sidearm, taking care not to burn herself.

When Bubba enquired as to the status of her jammer, Ludi didn't even lift her head. She simply stuck out her hand, thumbs up, as she holstered her weapon.

What did make her raise her head was when Kliko spoke out. It took her about a second to translate in her head what he had just said. She rummaged through his bag, stepping over the still unconscious Haussmann.

Sticking two fingers in her mouth, she whistled loudly at Bubba, making sure to grab his attention before lobbing him the grenade.
Bastard
06:14:47 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Ludi's whistle surely gets Bubba's attention. Unfortunately it does not hold it. She tosses him a pink-marked grenade on a high arcing lob. As the explosive device floats its way toward the giant, he decides enough is enough. It is time for action. He blasts the door handle to the bridge with his cyber shotguns. Admiring the damage he had done to the metal door a big snaggle-toothed grin emerges on Bubba's face. However, it is soon replaced by a confused grimace as a metallic orb bonks off his head. 'What the frag?... Frag?... Oh yeahs!' He remembers the grenade that Ludi tossed him. Ludi does not know whether to laugh or cry.
Bastard
06:14:55 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Bubba looks around and finds the spinning pink orb at his feet. He picks it up and an evil grin makes its way onto his face.

"Oh Mister Jerkstore, Mes gots a present for you!"

With that he blasts open the door with his size 28 triple E right foot. The grenade shortly finds its way into the back of the room, or the front of the bridge, depending on how you look at it. Bubba doesn't look for long, he grabs the door and pulls it shut.

"Eat grenade Fruit Cake!"

"Oh drek, oh drek!" the boat Captain exclaims and he begins firing at the door Bubba just closed.

The giant ducks to the side to avoid in projectiles that find their way through the semi armored door, or any of the perforations he had made earlier.
Kliko
06:14:56 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

The long burst of automatic gunfire ripped across the cruiser's bridge interior. Glancing through the bridge window Kliko recognized the stress on the captain's face. 'Sucks to be you chummer, you had your chance.' Picking up a boathook he made a final check on Bubba 'Looking good in that cover' before attaching it to the floating mariner's webbing.
Bastard
06:15:20 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Bubba waits for the gun fire to stop. He assumes, cause that's what Bubbas do, that the remaining combatant ran out of ammo. It does not cross his mind that maybe the boat captain may have regained his composure and is waiting for a clean shot.

Bubba flings the door open again, standing in the doorway, giving someone with a loaded gun a clean shot. The captain brings aim on the giant, closes his eyes and looks away. Click... click, click, click... Looks like the poor man is a victim of Bubba's sheer genius. He looks at his sub-machine gun, wondering why it wont do what its made to do: Kill people... and trolls, too. He continues to pull the trigger repeatedly to no avail.

"It's smashin' time!"

06:16:00 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Kliko is able to pull Michael Phelps out of the water before any permanent damage is done. Ludi is not sure if the damage to Hauffman is permanent or not. He is still breathing, and in one piece, mostly. That makes him worth full price still, so Ludi isn't too upset.

Bubba exits the cabin with a perplexed look on his face.
Kliko
06:16:30 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

"Wassup, chummer, you look like they didn't have those Proteus' Specials afterall? Get on that machinegun up front and see if you can get it to work. Cool Chick, bring the skiff about and tie it close up the cruiser's aft. Put a fender there to prevent the skiff slamming into the cruiser's aft, then get the Package onboard. Time to get us out of here chummers."

The smell of cordite filled his nostrils as Kliko entered the bridge. Opening up the cabin's windows vented the bridge with the Atlantics cool morning air. A few hours from now the only way to escape the jungle's murderous heat was to stay on the move. Gathering the Proteus security crew in the front cabin Kliko made a cursory first aid-check performing triage to discern the crew that required more extensive medical care from those that would manage on their own in due time.

06:25:09 Local Time Friday, 20 January 2062 - Off the Northwest coast of Ile Du Diable, French Guiana

Figuring out the Cruiser's controls would have been nightmarish without the French linguasofts. 'That's what I'm talking about with the 5P's chummer, let's get out of here.'. Throttling up the cruiser-skiff combo quickly picked up speed. Adjusting their final cruise speed to prevent the skiff from breaking apart required some fine-tuning though....

Proteus autonav system:
Lay-in a course -> Select 030
Speed -> 45
Autopilot -> Engaged

Kliko selected his waypoints such that their course would bring them about the northern most cape of the Ile du Diable circling wider and wider until a final course towards Cayenne was obtained. It was a good deception, avoiding the Arkologies strategic launch installations, helipad and docks. They would break off with their skiff and return for Kourou-river basin eventually, arriving during the day's peak heat around 1200.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012