Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
tisoz
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 3 2008, 07:19 PM) *
....Apologies, I'll just wait until (if and when) the option becomes publicly available then. Just hate going "faceless" & nothing available comes within a 20 megaton warhed's blast radius of fitting. Anyway it would no doubt have still caused a stir even if I had gone the straight PM route for someone would eventually go looking for it in the Avatar galleries and not find it.

As to the font, well we all have our likes & dislikes. I still think it was better than
this one. grinbig.gif

I would assume, if Squinky got a drawing you wanted accepted as an avatar via drawing it for Missions, it would become available for everyones use, just as his other drawings currently are.
Odsh
Awesome work Squinky. If you're still willing to draw characters, I would be interested in a drawing of my troll.

He is basically an amerindian troll with long, black hair. Extremely mean, big and strong.
A martial artist who does more damage with his fists than a panther cannon. I see him as a gobelinized version of Steven Seagal grinbig.gif
He has some dermal plating as visible cyberware.

EDIT: he's really huge, taller and stronger than most trolls. And if you could write "ABOO" On his shirt, that would be awesome wink.gif
Larsine
Your drawings look amazing.

I would love if you could draw my first real SR character. He started running in 2050, at an age of 38. At the time he was sent on a trip around the world, as part of his training as a monk. He had previously spent most of his life in Tibet, and had formal training in staff fighting. He was a physical adept focusing most on his body, but his mind was in great shape aswell (5 in all attributes). On top of his triditional adept abilities, he was able to levitate (what would later be known as a Mystic Adept). He didn't know much about life outside the cloister.

He looked very much like a hare krishna munk, and alwasy had his staff with him.

Later in his shadowrunning career, he lost touch with his magic because of deadly wounds. Then he implanted a datajack (because everybody else had one), fell out with his fellow runners, moved to Berlin, started taking drugs, and finally was killed by a fellow homeless over a blanket.

Lars
mintcar
Hi biggrin.gif. Just here to try out the new forum. This thread is the only one in which I'm sure to be remembered on account of being (minorly] featured in the first post. Hi everyone!
crash2029
I have a character that I would like to see an illustration of.

John, male ork in his fifties, ex-UCAS army rangers, formerly human-goblinized in 2061, archetype: bodyguard, large frame, grizzeled veteran look, generally wears rather plain suits and a longcoat

John was my first real character in shadowrun. I created him back in first ed. I still play him, and have updated him for fourth. I call him a bodyguard but he's really more of a merc/samurai brick. I'd love to see what can be done with him. Thanks.
Squinky
Here she is, all done up:

Ally inked

I made the eyes a bit larger, not sure if I made them large enough though.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 5 2008, 01:15 PM) *

Ally inked

...nice, very nice...I like...

...looks like she gets her fashion tips from the Short One.

BTW I agree with the move to this forum.
Fortune
QUOTE (mintcar @ Feb 6 2008, 05:01 AM) *
This thread is the only one in which I'm sure to be remembered on account of being (minorly] featured in the first post.

We're not all senile! Yet! And even those that are, like me, can vaguely recall you hanging around. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Momijizukamori
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 5 2008, 04:15 PM) *

Ally inked

Perfect ^^ Thanks so much biggrin.gif
Squinky
Glad you like it smile.gif

And Mintcar, welcome back man! You should do some more stuff up, your always welcome in this thread!

Went ahead and sketched up:

X-Kaliburs Cyber grapplearmer sketched
mintcar
I'm not back exactly. I don't play Shadowrun right now, so there's not much sense putting a lot of time into discussing it over the internet. I was just curious what my post count was, to be honest. You couldn't see that in the old forum, could you? Anyways. Nice to see that DS is still going strong.
DocTaotsu
Squinky you draw purrrrty. biggrin.gif

Maybe one of these days I'll even get around to retyping my old character @desc so I can con you into drawing him up. You take donations right? Hardly seems like i should let you get off by doing these for free, not in a Shadowrun community...
Fortune
QUOTE (mintcar @ Feb 7 2008, 01:21 AM) *
I don't play Shadowrun right now, so there's not much sense putting a lot of time into discussing it over the internet.

Blasphemy. That never stopped me! biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (mintcar @ Feb 6 2008, 09:21 AM) *
You couldn't see that in the old forum, could you? Anyways. Nice to see that DS is still going strong.

You couldn't see it on your posts, but for some reason it was displayed on PMs you sent to other people. Go figure.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 5 2008, 07:07 PM) *
Glad you like it smile.gif

And Mintcar, welcome back man! You should do some more stuff up, your always welcome in this thread!

Went ahead and sketched up:

X-Kaliburs Cyber grapplearmer sketched

Holy cow squinky! It's incredjibamle!
Squinky
Popping in real quick to post this:

X-Kaliburs Grappler arm guy inked
Kyoto Kid
...pretty nice. Strange thing though, when I clicked on the linky, I was sent to the DA login/membership screen & there was a message about mature content. Didn't see anything wrong with either the prelim sketch or finished drawing. By chance, did you accidentally check the mature content box before submitting?
Squinky
Yep, was in a hurry smile.gif. Fixed now.
DocTaotsu
Wow! That one turned out fantastic!
Squinky
Thanks man!

Heres the second attempt at Hyzmarca's Pin up spirit:

Burger spirit sketch 2
DocTaotsu
I'd uhm... hit it? Does she come with regeneration?
Kyoto Kid
...OK, I like the ciggie... any further comments might fall in the NSFW category (in a good way mind you). grinbig.gif
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 22 2008, 07:51 PM) *
Thanks man!

Heres the second attempt at Hyzmarca's Pin up spirit:

Burger spirit sketch 2

Great.

Now if only I could get around to writing that story she's supposed to be in. Unfortunatly, I discovered that my attempts to write romance tend to make George Lucas look like a genius in that area.
Squinky
Awesome,

I'm inking her up now, thinking about coloring in photoshop as well....guess I'll see.

Here is:

Freeman Runner
Squinky
Here is:

Colored burger spirit

inked only burger spirit

This one was fun smile.gif
Squinky
Also:

Marghos RC sketch

Edit----

And:

ElFenrir's Vassago sketch
ElFenrir
Ahh, Vassago looks quite nice! The sword is very pirate-y, and fits. You captured his ''i know something you don't'' smile well also. grinbig.gif Like the necklace, too. That's about how I pictured him; i say thumbs up for the ink!

DocTaotsu
But... but... the crowbar....
Squinky
On the Freeman sketch? I never have played that game, didn't realize the crowbar was that iconic....Sorry man smile.gif

Just finished inking Vassago, gonna try and color him up now.
DocTaotsu
*sputters*

You, you... haven't played any of the half-life games?

Eh, play Portal, I'm an unabashed half life fanboy so I can't make demands. wink.gif

But yeah, the had a stained glass version of Freeman in a tech demo. I think the crowbar had a halo. Obviously a weapon focus.

Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 24 2008, 11:09 AM) *
Just finished inking Vassago, gonna try and color him up now.

...was just on DA to make sure all the search links worked for my latest submission & saw the inked Vassago in the Shadowrun group. Nice work and neat character.
Squinky
Heh, okay.

Here is:

Vassago Colored

Vassago inked

I am trying to make myself color these mostly from here on for awhile so I can become more adept at it. I know these are my learning pictures so thats why I put the inked only up as well smile.gif

Kyoto Kid
...must have just logged out of DA before you submitted the colour version. Looks very good...
Squinky
Thanks man,

I had this weird thing happen right after I posted the inked and had to restart my computer. I got to check out your newest render and I like it. I admit I haven't been following the 3d art thread you guys started but it looks like it has done some good smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...reciprocal thanks. There's still so much to learn with the 3d software however it does open up a new avenue for me as a trackball is a lot more comfortable to use over an extended period of time than holding a pen or pencil. Yeah it's not quite the same (creative) feeling as taking a blank piece of paper and drawing by hand, but on the other side, it is getting me back into doing something I love on a regular basis again.

BTW this doesn't mean I'm going to stop Posting requests by no means. I really like your style and to me hand rendered art is like live music...."the best".
Squinky
Here is:

Creeper sketch

Edit---------------

Also:

Val Hammersmith sketch

I really got into this one smile.gif
Sir_Psycho
He's definately looking scary. There's a slight problem with leg proportion, the hips and the knees are askew. Also, the Kid Stealth legs don't look... agile. I understand they must be very difficult to draw, and the only real guide to what they look like is in Man and Machine. It's a tough one.
wargear
Looking very sweet. The cyberware looks right, as does the scarred face. I like the band-aid on the knee as well, nice touch, particularly considering how roughly she treats her meat body. smile.gif I think her left leg angle is a bit off.
Workshop looks good, not sure about the giant bug drone though...

Great work, Squinky, as always.
Squinky
Okay, I took your critique into consideration and redid him :

Creeper redo sketch

I like this one better anyway, and less background for me to mess with smile.gif. Let me know, I don't have man and machine here sadly, but I did a lot of comparison to raptor/goat legs.

On Hammersmith, I have been trying to see what is wrong with the leg but am not seeing it just yet. I don't plan a total redo because I personally love the picture. I'll put a more critical eye on that one here soon.
Tetaphoid
Hi everybody!
I'm lurking around on Dumpshork for at least two years, but just started posting last week.
I look up to lots of interesting discussions and... stuff^^

Squinky, i really like your pictures, man!

So i'd like to line in in the waiting line

Here's the character description for a cat shaman of one of my players:

Ebugandera - Asian Elven Cat Shaman

Ebugandera is a female japanese elve in her twenties.
She's sporty and always wears the latest tres chic clothes (a hot dress would be
cool, she likes to show some skin)
She's of medium height for an elve and has undergone a few plastic surgeries to look
more attractive.
Her natural Eyecolor is hazel brown, but she's mostly wearing green contacts.
She often changes her hairstyle, but mostly wears them black, open and waist-long.

If she can't rely on her magicall skills she uses light pistols, but also possesses
a Katana Weapon Focus.

Squinky
Welcome to the forums, or at least posting here smile.gif

Your character has been added to the que.

Here is:

Wargears Hammersmith inked

I may not color this one, not sure at this point. I really had fun with this one, worked on the leg some and stuck with the spider, mostly because I saw no effective way to erase it and insert something else without a total redraw.
wargear
Hey!

I think you attributed the wrong player to the Hammersmith pic smile.gif

And it looks great. Even the crazy spider.

Thanks Squinky.
Kyoto Kid
...ahhh a girl and her toys...

Damn nice. I love the clutter and the Steel Lynx Lynx behind the workbench.

Great character. cyber.gif

ElFenrir
Whoa, nice color job, Squink! The eye was even in there. biggrin.gif Again, really nice job and you have much thanks! Sorry i was a couple days late, i've been a bit busy writing a long article and haven't been to DS as often. But keep it up! I might end up posting something else later, when you seem to be not as swamped. smile.gif
Squinky
Thanks guys! I'll get to fixing that miscredited link soon smile.gif

Here is:

Odsh Troll sketch

Edit-----

Also, I did up another Ork chick, just for fun. So here it is if anyone cares:

Squinkys Ork Swordgirl
Odsh
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 26 2008, 08:53 PM) *

That's really awesome Squinky, I can't wait to see it inked !
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 26 2008, 05:53 PM) *
Edit-----

Also, I did up another Ork chick, just for fun. So here it is if anyone cares:

Squinkys Ork Swordgirl

...nice, very nice. Ork Babes need love too. Fuchs did a pretty hot Ork babe in Daz for the Recruiting for an Experiment PbP thread.

OK, I'll have to send in Kid Shelleen, the Ork Adept Gunslinger I did for the Sample Character Archive thread.
Squinky
Popping in real quick to post Odsh'es stuff:

Odsh'ed Troll inked

Odsh'es Troll colored
Odsh
Amazing, thanks a lot ! smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...pretty cool. The stance is excellent, nice & balanced. Noticed you are delving into colour a bit more (still liked the toning effect that you did a while back). I'm currently colourising my Superheroine Amber, not as easy I notice as pulling out the watercolours or coloured inks. What software do you use?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012