Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
ronin3338
OK, I hate to add to your "to do" list, but I would really like to see your take on my character.

He's an ork, but not as "meaty" as most. He used to work for Power and Light down in the tunnels/sewers. He carries a Squirt and a Taser gun, and other things like a respirator, O2 bottle, gas detector, etc. from working in the sewers. He usually wears a utility jumpsuit. He's reasonably athletic, but not a combat monster by any stretch.

BTW: I've been watching this thread for a while now, and while you're art was good at the beginning, you can see a lot of improvement. You have definitely reached professional quality, kudos to you!
Squinky
ShadowDragon8685
I have done medievel stuff in the past, and could try anything, just let me know what you need and I can give it my best. I'm willing to do you up a character from a different genre here, but if you feel compelled to commission one, we can chat over Pm's about it.

Thanks all for the feedback!
ShadowDragon8685
You finally got my numbers right! Yaaay!

Weeeellll... This may not be exactly totally Shadowrun, since I started into making the character before I realized the People's Republic of China had broken up about 30 years too early according to canon.........

But why not. Let's see what you can do when you get creative.

I need a Chinese elf (female, looking rather young) helicoptor-rigger. Ex People's Liberation Army (which is where she got the cyber and the training), and has a surplussed PLA chopper that's probably left over from around 2015. In other words, not dissimilar to this one.

So... Let's see what you can do. I won't give you any more details than that, since you seem to do your best work when given creative liscence. Have fun! smile.gif (Her name was Lin Mao, BTW.)
Squinky
Cool, I'll add it to the que.

Here is X-kalibur's guy:

X-Kaliber's dood
Ophis
Okay I'll bite,

Verse
6 foot tall surged female elf. Japanese extraction, small on the ears. Well endowed. Small horns on forehead, vestigal "demon" wings. Wears corsetry and short skirts, long fingerless gloves, serious high heel boots. Weapon of choice a fan with hidden blades in the struts.
No obvious tech please.
ShadowDragon8685
Ooooooooh. Ophis' character sounds like a looker. She hate tech, or just a mage with a bad hair day? nyahnyah.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (Ophis)
Okay I'll bite,

Verse
6 foot tall surged female elf. Japanese extraction, small on the ears. Well endowed. Small horns on forehead, vestigal "demon" wings. Wears corsetry and short skirts, long fingerless gloves, serious high heel boots. Weapon of choice a fan with hidden blades in the struts.
No obvious tech please.

No problem on the tech, but one thing I am wondering about is what Japanese "Extraction" means? Sounds like a fun character to draw though.
ShadowDragon8685
That means one of three things, as near as I can tell.

1: Descended of Japanese stock.
2: Extracted from some corp in Japan
3: Extracted by some corp from Japan.
Ophis
number one of shadowdragons options. She's looks like she's japanese.
NeonWraith
I think the not so polite term for it is half breed, though I've never quite figured out just how rude that is...depends on the person, I guess.
Ophis
I've always used it as a term to refer to someone from an area but not a resident. As in extracted from that area.
Squinky
Cool, thanks for the clarification.
Ophis
D'oh forgot something. Verse has a Labrets peircing (lower lip, central) several peircings in each ear and a tatoo of a stylised black rose(ie black silhoette no detail) on her right thigh. Damn I'm a dunce sometimes...
Hound
If you've got some time, I've got a char for you to draw. I've drawn her a few times myself, but I am currently in between scanners and I'd like to see another person's take on her. Anyways, she's fairly simple design-wise.

Senjak
As-yet-uninitiated Wolf Shaman (fairly new char). Long blonde hair that comes down to her butt, always worn loose. Blue eyes, and uhh... moderately endowed? Wears a lined coat over casual clothes, usually slacks. She carries umm.. damn don't remember the name of the pistol, but it's basically a big-ass revolver. And she wears a summoning focus, though I can never decide what it looks like, so you can go ahead and make it up yourself if you want.

Aside from that I would like to say, your skills show a drastic and impressive improvement from the frist picture to the last. It's especially obvious when you compare the old version of Skate to the new one. The first pictures are skilled, probably on the same level as what I can do now, a little higher perhaps, and the later ones are considerably better, they show much more expertise. Just thought I'd let ya know.
ShadowDragon8685
The Ruger Super Warhawk, I think?
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Ophis)
Okay I'll bite,

Verse
No obvious tech please.

...like the weapon - In some circles called a War Fan. My character Tomoe had two of them & the 6 pt ambidexterity edge.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Squinky)
Cool, I'll add it to the que.

Here is X-kalibur's guy:

X-Kaliber's dood

Fricken sweet man, much thanks.
Grinder
QUOTE (Squinky)
Here is X-kalibur's guy:

X-Kaliber's dood

This is fucking awesome! love.gif love.gif love.gif
Crossfire
I like your arts Squinky, pretty cool! (I've also been a fan of SRart for quite a while...). Would you be able to draw this one?

the name: Crossfire

An old French troll (let's say 45 years old, pretty old for a troll), wearing an armored wife beater, desert camo pants, a military beret and combat boots. He's always smoking cigars and love to tuck his Ruger Super Warhawk into his pants. He's a bad ass, no cyber SOB with lots of scars and lots of tattoos (the "I love mom" kind lol). If inspiration visits you, he could have a wicked knife strapped on his leg and a baseball bat in his hands... Think of a troll version of Arnold (old) and you would have a pretty good picture.

If you succeed doing this one, you would be the most incredible awsomest artist ever! I've had people trying this one without any success... Thanks in advance!

Peace

Crossfire
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...now for Violet  
SIN: Arleta Simmons  

Violet is another one of those "genius kid" characters who is a techno wiz and self styled inventrix.

...scratch her her off the list - victim of Kreiger syndrome [with no chance of reversal she has comitted suicide].
ShadowDragon8685
Kreiger syndrome? You mean HMHVV?

Dosen't mean she has to be scratched from the list - you can always ressurect her in another game. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Kreiger syndrome? You mean HMHVV?

Dosen't mean she has to be scratched from the list - you can always ressurect her in another game. smile.gif

...unfortuantely where I live, other Shadowrun campaigns are very very very few & far between and since I consider the character is basically dead no sense in wasting the time on an illustation.

BTW, See edit to original post.
thefather
hey hey, if ya wouldn't mind i would like to see how someone elts sees my character Kain. kain is about 25, and is a dark elf. blackish purple fur. with long silver hair and silver eyes. He wears a top hat, and a long coat with tails. He has 2 katans on his back he never uses, but always fights with duel monowhips. all his adept powers are geared toward speed. wallruning, gliding, sidestep. that sort of thing. he usually hangs out on tall buildings or telephone poles. He also has a pet raven named Poe. thanks a lot i cant wait to see what ya come up with. go to town.
SuperFly
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

... since I consider the character is basically dead no sense in wasting the time on an illustation.

I have to agree that believing it's okay to resurrect dead characters is a load of bulldrek. Once a character is gone, accept the loss and move on. Shadowrunners have an inherently dangerous lifestyle and a shorter life expectancy.

Yes, it sucks to lose your favorite runner. It sucks even more to have them die in a way that was ultimately unsatisfactory to you, but life is hard, chummers. I lost my favorite (and veteran) character to a bullet in the back of the head from a young upstart street samurai looking for a rep and while the loss hurt dearly, I honored it and moved on. The only way I would say it's okay to bring back the dead is if:

A: The GM obviously (and I mean _all_ players in the game agree that it was BS) bends or stretches the rules to an extreme just to murder your PC.

or

B: The GM themselves decides to bring the character back for some nefarious plot of his/her own.

Please don't start a slew of responses on this because I do not wish to hijack Squinky's thread. If you guys feel it warrants discussion, send me some PM's and I will gladly start a new thread.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (SuperFly)
Please don't start a slew of responses on this because I do not wish to hijack Squinky's thread.  If you guys feel it warrants discussion, send me some PM's and I will gladly start a new thread.

...I agree, this is a great thread.

Please direct any further discussion on this is topic to the Coping with Krieger Syndrome thread

Let's move on and get back to the art postings.

Anyway am curious to see my fun loving boxer adept Hannah when her turn comes up
G-14
Whoa, this art is blowing me away. It's some of the best i've seen in some while(Well, if you count out those who are pro's.)

Any chance of getting this one done?

G-14 (the char' that has given me ny name)

G-14 is a troll, or more like a half-breed between a elf and a troll (Don't freaking ask. The GM made the char's a few years ago, and he wanted to explain the CHR 4 of the Troll sarcastic.gif But i've come to like this chummer over the last year) Therefore, both his horns and the outcroppings of bone in his face is more streamlined and symetric then most trolls.
He is an academic, and takes care to appear like one. His preffered outfit is suits and ties. He wears fingerless gloves, and smoke cigars. He keeps away from any forms of heavy weaponry, and keeps a medium caliber handgun in a shoulder holster. around his neck is a talisman, a small triangle with various ingravings.
oh, and by demand from my GM, he has mirrorshades. biggrin.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Jun 30 2006, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (SuperFly)
Please don't start a slew of responses on this because I do not wish to hijack Squinky's thread.  If you guys feel it warrants discussion, send me some PM's and I will gladly start a new thread.

Please direct any further discussion on this is topic to the Coping with Krieger Syndrome thread

Anyway am curious to see my fun loving boxer adept Hannah when her turn comes up

I've been stuck on inking in Mr. Chartier and the adept for the latest person the last couple of days. Got a good bit of sun working the other day, and have been "sun-tired lately. I'll post where I'm at here in a bit to prove I am working, heh.

Bad Mojo in Progress

I sketch a lot of the times real messy, so it will change, but here is a progress report nonetheless.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
QUOTE (SuperFly)

I've been stuck on inking in Mr. Chartier and the adept for the latest person the last couple of days. Got a good bit of sun working the other day, and have been "sun-tired lately. I'll post where I'm at here in a bit to prove I am working, heh.

Bad Mojo in Progress

I sketch a lot of the times real messy, so it will change, but here is a progress report nonetheless.

...no big rush.

Just wanted to get this train back on the proper track again.
(didn't mean to pull a few spikes from the rails by dropping Violet from the list)

BTW Like the look of Bad Mojo so far. Lost of action happening. Can't wait to see the finished work.
SuperFly
I also cannot wait to see what comes of the A-Team group sketch (I realize it will take quite a while for such a large project, but that's just fine by me!).

I am curious, however, to know how you (Squinky) are going to set the piece. Will you be using that particular sewer scene from the campaign? Or going your own route with the group/setting dynamic? If you need another idea, the A-Team base themselves out of an old abandoned cathedral which they've cleared out and modified for their own needs.

Still so very excited about this artwork and thrilled that you agreed to its undertaking!
Lost Demiurge
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Squinky)
QUOTE (SuperFly)

Bad Mojo in Progress

...no big rush.

Just wanted to get this train back on the proper track again.
(didn't mean to pull a few spikes from the rails by dropping Violet from the list)

BTW Like the look of Bad Mojo so far. Lost of action happening. Can't wait to see the finished work.

This... This is freakin' beautiful!

Sir, take as much time as you want to finish up. I'm loving the way it's turned out. And THANK YOU!

(I actually thought you'd do separate pictures for each character, but I LOVE this scene.)

(Ironic thing is that they're my characters for Shadowrun: Missions, the campaign, so this scene's probably impossible for practical purposes on the tabletop...)
Squinky
Whew. Here we go. I knew that they would never actaully be together, just took some artistic license. Hope it was worth the wait.

Lost Demiurges Characters
ShadowDragon8685
Oooooooooh, I like. And that troll - he really looks like he's from down naywlins way.

Also, are you gonna update the queue? I hate to be a nag, but I likes me an orderly queue, I do. smile.gif
Lost Demiurge
QUOTE (Squinky)
Whew. Here we go. I knew that they would never actaully be together, just took some artistic license. Hope it was worth the wait.

::Dies of ecstasy::

Seriously, they're GOOD!
Dogsoup
Hi, just wanting to compliment Squinky on the awesome work throughout the thread; I've been skimming through the whole thing and at least to me it seems you've noticeably improved as an artist during the short time this thread has been going. Kudos!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)

...damn that's sweet.

I could easily see this in the pages of a Shadowrun supplement. Much, much better than a lot of the B & W art they used in the core book.

again, my armoured Steston is off to you for a wonderful job
Squinky
Wow, thanks guys. Your comments mean a lot.

And I'll get to updating the que here in a bit, heh.
ronin3338
Wow! I think that was the best one yet. That troll is awesome!
ShadowDragon8685
Just making sure this thread isen't forgotten.
SuperFly
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jul 13 2006, 02:43 AM)
Just making sure this thread isen't forgotten.

Good call!

Damn, squinky. Some of these drawings are simply amazing. Your talents as an artist really have been growing throughout this thread and the first half of the year! Cross, Deadhammer, and the redone Skate (amazing) would have to be my favorites.

I cannot wait to see what you do for the A-Team!
Goliath
Cool, my ganger looks awsome! I like that fact that hes not the steriotpical big orc, but instaead small built.

Thanks for the pic!
SuperFly
/bump!
X-Kalibur
Did Squinky die?
eidolon
Hey Squinky, fantastic stuff in that multi-character shot. Awesome.

I suppose I'll pile one on. No sweat if you don't get to him.

Morgan "Doc" Shanes

Morgan is an ex-DocWagon heavy threat response team pilot/combat medic. He took to the shadows when his sister got into the Yakuza for more than she'd ever make in a lifetime. Doc did a bunch of research, made some new "friends" and learned as much as he could about running the shadows, almost as if it were a college course. After a few lucrative jobs, knowing that no amount of money would ever actually get them away from the Yaks, he pulled in some favors (including one owed him by a Tir ambassador) and got his sister "vanished" to England. He followed shortly after.

28 yr old human, mid-length dark hair, sorta tall. On a run he'd be wearing a blackout suit, so that'd make a lame picture. Maybe you could work out some kind of "just came off a run and tired as hell" look?

If possible It'd be awesome if you could work his tat into it. On his right shoulder (or left if it's easier to draw) he'll have the DocWagon logo, but with large pilot's wings underneath, and down the left side of it will be 3 medical "red crosses" (from the times he was taken down on a scene and had to be evac'd himself), and the letters H.T.R.T. across the top. (I know it probably won't be that noticable in the pic, but I figure the better I describe it the more you'll know how you want to tweak it. In that campaign, the HTRT members all got the "basic" HTRT tat, and pilot wings were added if you were/became a pilot. The crosses thing for number of times dropped on a call was specific to Morgan's unit.)

Thanks either way, these pics rock.
Trax
Probably got stuck with a lot of work to do in real life.
ShadowDragon8685
This thread cannot be allowed to Fall.
eidolon
Hell no. Squinky's art is too damn cool for that.
ShadowDragon8685
Who knows the people who can have it Stickied?
Grinder
That would be Bull or Adam, I guess.
Bull
Pinned, so you can stop bumping smile.gif
Grinder
What's your price for pinning the mighty Drop Bear Thread? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012