Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
ElFenrir
Okies, i have to post this, i think im brave enough now grinbig.gif

It's a rather lofty request. I'm really curious to see what you could do. Five members of a magical group, 'Midgard', who all follow aspects of Norse gods/enteties as their mentor spirits. Johann is a PC of mine from a couple years ago; the other ones are fully statted NPCs that the GM used-but could easily become PC's as well. Again, this is a very tall..but after you get some free time, if you want to chip away at a portrait of the five 'heads of state'', if you will, i'd love to see your take. No hurry at all, and if it's too much, i understand of course(i already have asked you for four characters so far, so ive been a bit excited. biggrin.gif)

Spoiler tags just because it's kinda long(it's no secret or anything)

[ Spoiler ]
Squinky
Thanks guys!

I am doing the color thing more to better myself in that department. Kinda like how I started this thread and have made myself grow with everybody's help here, I'm just doing it with color now smile.gif

I use photoshop 7 for all my stuff.
Kyoto Kid
...good software, just a little too ri¢h for me at this juncture.

I'll just have to gimp around a bit more... grinbig.gif
Squinky
My understanding is that Gimp has all the same stuff as Photoshop. I'm just used to it.

I don't mess with all those cheesy filters, mostly I take advantage of layers and adjusting the opacity on each layer.
ElFenrir
I have Gimp floating around, it's not a bad little program. I used to use Photoshop almost extensively, but yeah, the price sorta got to me after awhile as the new ones came out. I mainly just used it at the college.
Kyoto Kid
...I have no complaint with Gimp, and yes, it does have much the same the feel of PS (I used an earlier version of PS in production applications at my former job, unfortunately I didn't own the license). I am also running Daz Studio which does have a Bridge app. for PS but alas, none for Gimp.

As to colourising, yes, layers are definitely the way to go.
Squinky
Here is:

Creeper inked

Creeper Colored
ElFenrir
Whoa, that's one scary looking dude. Nice job on it though, definately. Did a nice job on the Kid Stealth legs too!
Squinky
Thanks!

Here is:

Larsine's Monk sketch
Larsine
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 2 2008, 09:36 PM) *
Thanks!

Here is:

Larsine's Monk sketch

That is absolutely fantastic. You hit spot on. This is Hualamba at his prime, after a few runs under his belt.

Love it, thanks a lot.

Lars
Vegetaman
I have two characters I'd request images of. Both of my characters are white male caucasians, around 6'02" to 6'04", are fairly stocky build. Probably around 210 pounds or so. It'd be awesome if you could draw both of these guys together.

First is Cougar. He's a walking tank of street samurai steel. Kind of got metal pieces showing around his arms, a rough and unshaven face, and long flowing red hair. Always wears a black armored vest on top of a camoflauge jacket with a pair of camo pants. His weapon of choice is the Steyr AUG-CSL (I belive it looks like a bullpup) and he has two hip holsters with Ares Predators. And a knife tucked into his boot. Also, the old school green camo. He usually has that badass jackass smirk.

Second is Reaper. He looks like the second coming of the grim reaper. He has a scythe polearm. He has a metallic plate on the left side of his face and all the teeth on that side are silver-colored. Red cybereyes. Usually wears a grim-reaper style cloak that is tattered with years of use and bullet holes. Underneath his custom cloak is form fitting body armor. The only other weapon he carries is a Ruger Super Warhawk as a back-up. He's in it for the blood and the carnage. Never smiles. Always looks... well, grim or expressionless.

I would dance the magic happy dance if you drew anything near to them. Or if you drew them together, since they usually run as a team, that would be pro. I use them constantly in games I play in, or use them as bad guys in games I run, and could use the picture over and over again. Me love you long time, etc.
Squinky
Awesome, I'll add it to the que.

Larsine, your character is slowly getting done. He's all inked up now, and I am trying to get myself psyched up to color him smile.gif
Squinky
Here is:

Larsine's Monk

Also:

Crashes Old Ork sketch
Sir_Psycho
Hey squinky, sorry, I forgot to get back to you. I really like those new versions of creeper. A good scary feel, and much better Kid Stealth.

If you'd like, I've recently made a character that might be fun to draw. She's a hedonistic French-Syrian expat Artist/Hacker with a penchant for body art.
[ Spoiler ]

If you have any questions that aren't answered in there, just ask.
ElFenrir
Squink, that old ork is awesome. biggrin.gif Really captures the feel. I gotta say, your stuff was always great, but even has improved over that in these near three years of requests!

BTW: Is there any chance that my 'Odin Lieutenants' can make it into a later queue...OR possibly one of the guys, if the gang is a little too much for your schedule? Hope i didn't scare you off with the request. embarrassed.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 8 2008, 10:34 PM) *

...bravo on both. The colour works great on Larsine's Monk. I especially like the Old Ork & can't wait to see the finished version.

Oh, and speaking of Orks, instead of Kid Shelleen , I'll be sending you a writeup of a tongue in cheek character I came up with named Rosie the Cyber Riveter (modular cyberarm fun).
crash2029
I really like the old ork, he's almost spot on with how I think of him. I can't wait to see how he looks in color. Thank you for drawing him.

BTW the old ork's name is John.
Insomnia Strikes Again
I would love to see my character, Mike Guyver, on paper instead of just in my head. Unfortunately, I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. I've been lurking on this thread and checked out your stuff and it is amazing. Please put me in the queue.

Mike is a 24 year old troll. I picture him with dark skin, wise eyes (Logic of 6), horns that curve down (like rams horns) following the contour of his head and dredlocks that go down to about mid back. Mike is a mechanical genius. He grew up in the barrens so he is used to having to improvise his materials. He can make pretty much anything as long as he has duct tape, gum wrappers and a paper clip. Mike favors his shotgun and his Ares Predator for protection. He hasn't got any cyberware (cause he still can't afford it). He pretty much stays in his winterized coveralls and a greasy t shirt all the time. I also imagine he has gearhead tattoos covering his right arm. In his free time, Mike is usually hunched over some gadget trying to get it to work.

Thanks!
Squinky
Cool, I'll add you and the others to the Que when I get around to editing smile.gif

ElFenrir, it's cool. I am just taking a few days to get some home repairs done.

Thanks all!
marghos
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 23 2008, 11:16 PM) *

Sorry, it's been such aa hurry timetable but here I am again. Lets see.... hmmm for short this one is Awesome!! Can't wait (but sadly must wait) to see inked version of this. Thanks again.

edit. I was looking at hand and gun when I saw that something was wrong, is that Rc's belt somewhere 'in between' his hand and gun it looks like it is.

Someone in Deviant Art said about finger and trigger, I'll think its okay, 'cause Rc is lowlife punk whose newer had any training about gunhandling so if it looks cool and somethin like that it's okay.
Jame J
I would like to request two characters.

The first is a human hacker called Jensen, who stands 5'9", brown haired with a datajack and cybereyes as his obvious cyber enhancement. Most likely he's using his commlink to connect to the Matrix, but he's got his Ares Predator IV on him just in case.

My other character is not a Shadowrun character, instead being a Traveller character; would you be willing to do him?
Whipstitch
Hey there... Long time admirer, first time requester!

I've got a character named Cuervo I'd like to get into the queue. He's a healthy 5'10 with broad shoulders and a lean but muscular build. He should have the features of a relatively pale but handsome Azzie/Amerind warrior, since his dad is full-blooded Nahua Aztlaner while his mother was a Mestizo (that, and he has a stupidly high charisma + first impression nyahnyah.gif). Details wise, he has dreads that don't quite reach his shoulders and usually dresses in old black jeans, and a wife beater worn under an unzipped hooded urban camo track jacket. He's also a Shamanic Way Adept who follows the Rat, so he wears a talisman around his neck that consists of a rat skull and 4 greasy black crow feathers (couldn't hurt if he looks kinda cocky and up to something either biggrin.gif). He's often chewing on a toothpick and wearing wraparound shades, but its your call if you want to incorporate any of that. He's also a barrens ganger, so any gear and background should be fairly run down, but I'm not really all that picky. biggrin.gif

Oh, and he usually doesn't carry obvious weaponry, but when he does favor snap-blades, knives and machetes.
Edge2054
I'd like to make a request.

Character is an african american dwarven face. He wears his hair in tight 'corn rows' and keeps his face clean shaven except for four inches or so that comes off his chin. Generally he dresses in slightly oversized sports jerseys when he's going for the comfortable look or a full suit when going for business attire (either is good). Sunglasses, the wrap around neo-biker/cyber-punk kind, either worn or on top of his head would be good. Obvious cyberware consists of only a data jack.

He's a bit of a runt, low body and strength for a dwarf, so if you can draw a skinny/wiry dwarf and keep him dwarven looking that'd be great. Also he's pretty personable, so a smile (maybe a sly smile) on his face would be good. If you want to give him a small scar or something on the face for a bit of character that'd work too (but nothing to large like a giant scar around his eye or anything).

As far as other affects he prefers to travel light, no jewelry, no bling, no commlink (it's in his head). Armor consists of a vest worn underneath his normal clothing so no jacket unless you go for the suit look.

Brown eyes, black hair, brown skin as is typical of his ethnicity.
Squinky
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all.

I finally updated the que, and will start working on inking and coloring the approved ones now.

Thanks!
Jame J
A brief description of my Traveller character: Samuel Jensen, a 38 year old Free Trader First Officer. He is dressed in fairly good quality clothes: waistlength jacket, jersey and pants, in a sort of business-casual style, with ankle boots; he has a pistol which he keeps holstered on his right hip when law level permits.

Facially he looks somewhat like Morena Baccarin, except he's a guy; his hair is usually short, and is quite dark. Sam is brown-eyed and dusky, and is a generally pleasant fellow.

If possible I'd prefer a full-body shot, please, and naturally please PM me when you're done.
Squinky
Margho's RC
marghos
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 23 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Thanks again, it's great character and this picture rocks your socks away. wink.gif This is awesome.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 23 2008, 07:35 PM) *

..sweet, I really like your facial expressions. It's like he's saying, "...go ahead, just try it".

Also love the choice of weapons. Big nasty revolver and steel pipe.
ElFenrir
Yeah, i like the touches there. Nothin' says 'Hoi, Chummer', like a steel pipe. biggrin.gif
Squinky
Thanks guys!

Here is:

Crash2029's John

Done in BW because it seemed to fit the mood better.
Kyoto Kid
...on the B & W, I agree. I really like this character.. He's definitely in my faves.

Also saw the Burger Spirit - coloured (...on second thought, I think I'll have Lasagna tonight. grinbig.gif ). Had to fave her as well.
Squinky
Thanks!

Here is:
Tetophoid Ebungdera sketch
Zolhex
Ok so I like what I've seen and thought it was time for me to speak up and ask for you to do one for me.

This will be for my character Cardain he was a PC of mine in 2nd and I like the idea behind him so I made him an npc and use him in my games as an NPC alot. He tends to be the fixer for the group.

I also sent it to StormWatcher if you are both ok with that.

I figure it might be real cool to see a version from each of ya.

I’ll send you the description in a bit and thanks a ton for all your hard work and time.
Jame J
QUOTE (Jame J @ Mar 22 2008, 05:01 PM) *
A brief description of my Traveller character: Lester Sosa, a 38 year old Free Trader First Officer. He is dressed in fairly good quality clothes: waistlength jacket, jersey and pants, in a sort of business-casual style, with ankle boots; he has a pistol which he keeps holstered on his right hip when law level permits.

Please note that I've changed my Traveller character's name to Lester Sosa, after realising that I'd already used the other name. wobble.gif
Shadowrunner13
Hey Squinky, my players have seen the artwork you've done for me in the past (first Tenmou and then Inquisitor and Burn) and they really like your art style. One of my players wanted me to post a profile for his character in hopes you might do a sketch for him. His description is a little vague (and a bit cliche), but I will post it here and if you need more info, please let me know and I will pass it on.

Akira:
Akira is 6'2", 220lbs with a solid muscle frame, not too beefy. Black hair (hair style doesn't matter, since it changes frequently... just no mullet). Keep in mind that he is a Japanese Elf so those features need to be present.

Several key items I would like to see in the picture would be:

1. I'd like his snap blade to be extended in one hand and a LARGE menacing gun in the other. The attached link is for a gun manufacturer that made a 100 round 9mm gun. Looks nasty and holds lots of rounds. http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg57-e.htm more nasty guns link courtesy of Blade 2 http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/Blade2 I like the M4 carbine with the twin under mounted magazines.

2. If possible I would like Akira to be dressed in a Long black trench coat with guns underneath. Something along the line of the Matrix. If not, how about showing him after a battle? His clothes have bullet holes and there is smoke coming out of the barrel of his guns.

3. Again if possible, have some of his cybernetics showing or at least hints of it. I know you will not be able to see his cyber torso unless his shirt is open but maybe his eye's colour would be a glowing red (should you opt for colour)

The only cyber parts that could be visible would be the eyes, torso and the ears I guess. Everything else is internal.

Thanks Squink! Your stuff gets better all the time. smile.gif

SR13
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 24 2008, 07:19 PM) *
Thanks!

...you're welcome.

...ohh now that is sweet,. Can't wait for the inked version. Oh, and even though I'm immersed in this digital thing, nothing still compares to well rendered traditional art.

I'll try to (finally) send along the details on Rosie the Cyber Riveter soon.

crash2029
Cool! I definately like it. The B&W aspect also suits him. Thank you.
Squinky
Glad it turned out to your liking smile.gif

I'll try and update the Que shortly. Thanks all!
Squinky
The Midgard sketch

Also:

Ebungdera lineart

I plan on coloring it, just putting this up here for now smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...mon dieu! I like the ink version as it is, however being that she is not my character, I don't have the last say. Were it my call, I would definitely use more transparent wash type layers to give it a almost stained glass look.
ElFenrir
Midgard looks really cool! I can so see them in the old Awakenings or Grimoire book there. I like how you did the spear alot and i think their expressions all work too.

I like how Johann's managing to fit in the picture, too. That was one thing i was a little afraid of with the group, trying to fit a dwarf and a Giant in one pic. grinbig.gif

I say it's good to go, and thanks for that, i hoped five members wasn't too excessive. smile.gif
Dworkin_13
I was wondering if, in your copious amounts of free time you could do this character

Devon "Smiter" Herlan

Male Dwarven rigger
Beer and Darts kinda guy
tribal/celtic tattoos
Average to muscular build
pipe-wrench strapped to his back/belt
wears an armoured vest
and typical rigger gear
Squinky
Here is:

Aziz Redo Sketch

Hope it is cool.

Gonna go ink on the midgard group some now smile.gif
Zolhex
Looks good as always.
Larsine
You still amaze me. How long time does an average drawing take?

Keep up the faboulous work.

Lars
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 28 2008, 05:45 PM) *
Here is:

Aziz Redo Sketch

Hope it is cool.

Gonna go ink on the midgard group some now smile.gif

...oooohhh. I really like. this new border style you are using looks pretty good.
ElFenrir
Hehe, I am eagerly looking forward to Midgard. biggrin.gif And Aziz does look hella cool too. That is a hell of a list of drawings you have going there, it's been awesome you've been so patient with us. grinbig.gif
Kyoto Kid
...woah just noticed, 50 pages. This is becoming one of the DS epic threads. The only other general discussion (non PbP campaign) thread I know of off the top of my head that is larger is the Drop Bear thread. Nice to see all the response and support.
Zolhex
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Mar 31 2008, 05:05 PM) *
...woah just noticed, 50 pages. This is becoming one of the DS epic threads. The only other general discussion (non PbP campaign) thread I know of off the top of my head that is larger is the Drop Bear thread. Nice to see all the response and support.

Depends on your settings I maxed mine so there are only 13 pages nyahnyah.gif Still quite impressive but then again so is Squinky
Squinky
QUOTE (Larsine @ Mar 29 2008, 04:07 AM) *
You still amaze me. How long time does an average drawing take?

Keep up the faboulous work.

Lars

My brother Stormwatcher is so much faster than me smile.gif.

Back when I first started this thread an inked image would take me most of a saturday. Now, the normal images can be completed, sketch to inks in about 3 hours.....it all depends though really, and the ink stage is the longest.

This picture I am posting here in a minute took me about 3 hours to ink. But, I am always trying to get faster smile.gif

Here is:

Aziz Redone

Edit-----

Oh, and I forgot to say, thanks for all the kind words guys! I don't always respond to each post, but know I read an appreciate them muchly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012