Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Squinky
I'll try and use that fractal deally, and make him look younger in the inks then.

emo samurai
Is it actually possible for an elf to look that old without being anally raped by a shedim? biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...wow, way nice. I also like the dignified look.

Re-read Emo's description. Excellent interpretation from so short a bio.
Kyoto Kid
...BTW, if you have seen in HolyChampion's thread, I finally have figured out links (at least putting them in responses, still can't get them to work in PMs). Below are a few links to assist in character studies for the Grande family portrait.

Leela at 28

Annika

Katya

The above three links have a header before the image so you will need to scroll down a bit.

couldn't find any good single pics of the character Margarite from The Lost World telly series so the link below will have to do for Margo Grande (remember, Margo has blonde hair).

Margo Grande

Looking for a better match for Lady Meggan Grande. The more I look through the various images of Emma Frost, The less I feel she is a good model with the exception of her strong resolve. When I find an appropriate image I will post the link.
emo samurai
Should I have given a bigger bio?
Squinky
Nope, bio was all good.

Did my best on this one. Removed some lines and altered the face a little to look younger. Hope it was worth the wait:

Emo Sammy's Character
ShadowDragon8685
Wow...

That whole picture looks like he's buzzed and tripping, and completely ignoring the boogie-phantom behind him who's trying to harsh his buzz.
Kyoto Kid
...ohh yeah.

Very nice. Again this is the quality I would like to see more of in SR publications.

Do you have a gallery of your work for SR Missions?
BishopMcQ
I don't believe there is a gallery, though nearly every piece of art from SRM 02-03 to present has been Squinky's. Only the cover art and maps are done by other people as I recall.

Squinky--Are you still accepting requests?

Edit: There is some great Squinky Missions artwork coming soon, look for the border crossing--thus far my personal favorite.
Squinky
Thanks all!

I don't (Personally) have a gallery for Missions art or for any of my art. My thoughts on the Missions art is that they should kinda be a little treat for people to see when they play, and posting them on the internet might kinda ruin that. I've thought about asking if I could post them after some time, like a year after the missions release, but never have pursued that so far.

To tell you the truth, I'm just happy to have the Missions gig smile.gif And I figure that the art I do for Missions becomes "SR missions" property. That said, there have been a few pictures I've wanted to show off smile.gif.

Bishop

I am always accepting requests, fire away man. smile.gif
Squinky

Okay, heres a sketch of Kyoto Kids Tomoe. I noticed you requested to approve the sketch before the inks, so let me know dood.

Kyoto Kid's Tomoe Sketch
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Feb 24 2007, 12:30 AM)
Okay, heres a sketch of Kyoto Kids Tomoe. I noticed you requested to approve the sketch before the inks, so let me know dood. 

Kyoto Kid's Tomoe Sketch

..oh man, I love it. her great granddad would be proud. The shiriken necklace is a nice touch (& useful in a pinch).

about the only suggestion is slightly more Japanese facial features but this may come out more in the inked version.

If you do colouring the jacket is Dk blue with white lettering & accents. I think i noted eye colour in her bio.

She did also carry a Katana as well as two war fans (for more "formal" occasions) but definitely preferred the bat & beanball attacks (that old Distinctive Style flaw) and was rather effective with them.
Squinky
Heres it is all finished. I tried to show her Japanese heritage without adding to many facial lines and thus making her look older. Not feeling the color right now, sorry Kyoto.

Tomoe Inked

Edit: Also, here she is with me attempting to hand tone her. I like it except for the overlapping lines from the marker.

Tomoe Toned
lorechaser
Very very nice. The inked especially.

You're definitely getting better.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Heres it is all finished. I tried to show her Japanese heritage without adding to many facial lines and thus making her look older. Not feeling the color right now, sorry Kyoto.

Tomoe Inked

Edit: Also, here she is with me attempting to hand tone her. I like it except for the overlapping lines from the marker.

Tomoe Toned

...notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Definitely a Grand Slam into the upper deck notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

She is absolutely perfect.

I especially like the toned version & don't see much of an issue with the overlap. To tell the truth, I prefer the toned style over colour for it makes her look a bit more solid and 3 dimensional. I used to do a lot of graphic work back in college for newspapers & other publications and remember using the old Zip-a-Tone shading screens Trimming the film with an X-Acto on a very detailed image, now that was a chore - what I wouldn't have done to have something like Illustrator or Photoshop back then (of course Computers were still in the Stone Age then, punched tape, punched cards, tape drives, teletype terminals...)

Also checked out a couple of the SR missions, very nice work. You really should see about getting work on upcoming supplements and expansions..

BTW: Go ahead and push the Grande Family Portrait back in the queue so you can get to other requests people have been waiting on. I am sooo satisfied with the work you did on Tomoe. Definitely very worth the wait.
Squinky
Thanks Kyoto!

Here is Tzulithi's Benson:

Benson Inked

Benson toned
Kyoto Kid
...just plain excellent all around.

The toning really makes the image stand out so much better. This is definitely professional quality illustration work I am seeing here. Damn, I wish they would replace some of the art in the original SR4 BBB with your work for the next printing. I'd buy the book again.
Platinum
Squinky .... excellent art work ... can I make a suggestion?

try and use vellum to draw and ink .... the markers (if you are using pantone markers) sit a little longer on the surface and you get a much smoother and even fill. It is a high quality cotton paper. We use it all the time in graphic design. Great job.
Squinky
Dude, I will definately check Vellum out then. Does it come with different levels of tooth, or texture? If it does than it would be ideal. Thanks! Oh, and it seems like everyone is in graphic design, lucky bastards, smile.gif

I jumped way ahead and sketched up Crossfires Friday:

Friday Sketch

Basically, I need feedback on the hair, since it wasn't specified on the request. Thanks!
Squinky
Here is a half done sketch of the matrix inspired Skate scene. It'll probably have more dead dudes and bullets when I am all done. Am I heading in the right Direction ShadowDragon?

Skate Scene Sketch
Kyoto Kid
...I like...

Nothing like a dangerous dame.

reminds me a bit of the setting you had KK in. Bullet holes in the wall behind her, both Warhawks still smoking. I could almost her her saying:

"...hmmm, looks like you missed, looks like I didn't."

ShadowDragon8685
I like too...

Still, maybe have her aiming over her shoulder and firing the gun at the door behind her?
Crossfire
Dude, I will definately check Vellum out then. Does it come with different levels of tooth, or texture? If it does than it would be ideal. Thanks! Oh, and it seems like everyone is in graphic design, lucky bastards,

I jumped way ahead and sketched up Crossfires Friday:

Friday Sketch

Basically, I need feedback on the hair, since it wasn't specified on the request. Thanks!

This is awesome Squinky! I had a serious problem imagining the hair but I think you did a great job: short enough with some facial hair. I love the hands, the position (sitting) is perfect. Nice charms and smoke. I can't wait to see what you'll put in the background. Do you think you could add a roomsweeper on the bench?

Also, here are some ideas for background stuff:
- A poster of a movie or video game "Attack of the cyber zombies" (cyber voodoo zombie theme)
- A poster saying "Visitez Port-au-Prince" (visit Port-au-Prince in French...)
- A graffiti saying "Ayiti peyi mwen" (Haiti my land in creole)

You're the man!

Peace!

Crossfire
Tziluthi
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks Kyoto!

Here is Tzulithi's Benson:

Benson Inked

Benson toned

Very cool. Slightly different to what I was thinking, but I like what you did with it. Muito Obligado.
Squinky
Thanks all!

ShadowDragon8685
Would it be okay if I just went with the current pose? I can do up a more action oriented one later if you'd like, it's just that, I kinda really dig the current pose. And I wanted to do a good detailed image of her to make up for that piece of crap I drew a year ago, smile.gif.

I'm really happy with that image so far.

Crossfire

I'll try and fit in all your suggestions. Thanks for getting back to me.

These two sketches should be done in within the scope of a few days, it would be faster, if I didn't listen to extralife radio so much, and get lured back into WOW....smile.gif
holychampion
I've been waiting for this. When u get the chance I'd love to see your take on a character of mine.

Street name: Ratchaser
Human cat shaman, works for Lonestar as a paranormal investigator. 5'8" and slim build, wears a brimmed hat with a long coat. Carries a Thunderbolt pistol and sometims his Power Foci staff, has 2 spirits (Cats) that he relies upon. His facial features should be thin and has real short hair ( hardly seen due to the hat.). No accessories like glasses or jewelery.
If you need more let me know, I'll try harder at the discription.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)
ShadowDragon8685
Would it be okay if I just went with the current pose? I can do up a more action oriented one later if you'd like, it's just that, I kinda really dig the current pose. And I wanted to do a good detailed image of her to make up for that piece of crap I drew a year ago, smile.gif.

I'm really happy with that image so far.

Sure, no problem. smile.gif
lorechaser
Ignore.
Squinky
Well, here she is all inked up. Hopefully better than the last smile.gif

ShadowDragon's Skate
Crossfire
Hi Squinky! I thought I would add another character to the queue as you did a very good job with Crossfire and you did an great job with Friday's sketch. Take your time for this one, no hurry...

Name: Tombstone
Archetype: Streetsam
Description: Tombstone is a dwarf from the CAS, a modern day gunslinger. He wears a black longcoat, a stetson cowboy hat, riding boots with spurs, black leather gloves, and of course a belt with ammo on it. He prefers to use 2 ruger super warhawks in combat (he's ambidextrous) and is also a rare sammy 'cuz he doesn't have a smartgun link (but he DOES have the pistols aptitude edge). Other cyberware includes waired reflexes 3 and some concealed eyes and ears mods. He has a neatly trimmed short beard. He is well-kept but smokes. He's also a chronic alcoholic, always having some whisky in a metal flask he keeps on him at all time. Imagine a dwarf cowboy with a modern edge. He looks cool and he always keeps his cool. He also rides a chopper (a modified Harley) and it would be very neat to include it in the picture. I think we don't see a lot of dwarves as PC and it would be nice to see what you can do. The bike would also be interesting, I don't remember seeing a picture of you with a vehicle in it. A new challenge maybe...

If you have any questions, just ask!

Peace!

Crossfire

P.S. Am I the only Shadowrun player to have ever played a dwarf? lol
Trigger
QUOTE (Crossfire)

Nah, 2bit is a great fan of dwarves...but it is still rare here on Dumpshock.
lorechaser
QUOTE (Trigger)
QUOTE (Crossfire @ Mar 2 2007, 01:05 AM)

The other part of that is that there's a lot of good dwarf art out there already, so the need for more is low. wink.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)

ShadowDragon's Skate

...heh! just the way I like em, lovely & dangerous.

Once again, excellent job.

Didn't realise she was ambidextrous.

Now that would be an interesting pair, Skate & KK4.3: two tough dames, four times the firepower.
Cadmus
Hello, I was wondering if you go time if you might take a shot at a char I made resently for my first SR game biggrin.gif

Call sign- flint
Archetype- He's a gunslinger Adept.

At the moment gear wise he packs a silenced Ares pred and a War hawk with EX-Ammo He also carries a squirt for more sutal jobs hehe. along with grapple guns and assorted other B/E gear, Drives a old Patrol 1.

Skill wise he's mostly heavy pistols with some infiltration and lock picking, *grin*

Adept powers are just perception and enhanced reflexes, Bio and cyber ware include Muscle toners so he's pretty fast smile.gif Main idea for him was of a gunfighter style char. or at the very least a former merc/movie stunt man lol.

General look.

Race-Human, Male about 5'8

Working out fit tends to be steel toed boots armored jacket leather gloves,
non working a normal jacket he's general clean cut for the most part short hair Casual look, Never worn a tie hehe... maybe shooter glasses would be cool.

I guess that’s about it. had two other adepts working on a mystic gunfighter hehe, and a adept with throwing powers. but I think Flints the more interesting one hehe.

If you get time for it. thanks man

Cad
Squinky
QUOTE (lorechaser)
QUOTE (Trigger @ Mar 2 2007, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (Crossfire @ Mar 2 2007, 01:05 AM)

The other part of that is that there's a lot of good dwarf art out there already, so the need for more is low. wink.gif

I've often noticed the lack of requests for Dwarf characters....Which is weird cause I personally think Dwarfs rock. Orks rock too though, and usually win out win I am counting up points....
Kyoto Kid
...OK then here's Dr. Markova (SR3)

CODE

Name: Katyana Markova
Race: Dwarf
Ht: 4' 4" (tall for race)
Wt: 60kg
Hair: Blonde worn long but tied back.
Eyes, Blue

Bod: 8
Quick: 5 (7)
Str: 5
Cha: 4
Int: 6 (8)
WP: 7

Active Skills
Biotech (Combat Medic): 5 (8)
Athletics (Zero G): 4 (6)
Computer: 2
Assault Rifles: 6
Pistols: 4
Electronics: 4
Electronics B/R (Control systems): 4 (6)
Etiquette: 4
Stealth: 5
Car: 4

Knowledge:
Biology (genetics): 4 (6)
Chemistry (Pharmaceuticals): 4 (6)
Metahuman Physiology: 6
Hazardous Environments (Space): 4 (6)
Medicine: 6
Psychology: 5
Military Background: 4
Astronomy: 4

Ware:
Smartlink II
Induction Datajack
Flare Comp Retinal mod
Microscopic vision Corneal mod
Image Link Retinal mod
Transducer
Aluminum Bone Lacing
Synthcardium 3
Cerebral Booster 2
Clean Metabolism
Enhanced Articulation
Muscle Toner
Synaptic Accelerator 1
Extended Volume 3
Mnemonic Enhancement 3

Weapons
Ares Alpha
Ares Super Squirt
Narcojet

Relevant Gear
Medkit rating 6
Armoured Jacket (DocWagon)
Security Helmet ("Capt. Markova" in Cyrillic)

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Squinky
Friday all inked up:

CrossFire's Friday
Crossfire
I really like Friday's picture. Awesome job Squinky!

Peace!

Crossfire
Kyoto Kid
...really nice, the posters behind make for a good setting.

[addendum] Reminds me of someon I saw the back streets in the Vieux Carre' of old New Orleans years ago.
Kyoto Kid
...if you haven't perused this already, some pretty wiz runner fashions for study

http://www.cryoflesh.com/

I may have a few revisions to the "Family Portrait" as well as suggestions for Markova.

Squinky
Hi all, jumped about a bit.

PyriteFoolsgold NightEyes sketch
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)

ShadowDragon's Skate

Wow, I completely missed seeing this.

I am a lamer. And you, Squinkerz, rock the shasbot.

As for Skate + KK?... Well, hell. If KK says go for it, I say go for it! nyahnyah.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 2 2007, 12:13 AM)

ShadowDragon's Skate

Wow, I completely missed seeing this.

I am a lamer. And you, Squinkerz, rock the shasbot.

As for Skate + KK?... Well, hell. If KK says go for it, I say go for it! nyahnyah.gif

..I'm up for seeing it.
Squinky
Glad you commented ShadowDragon, I kinda just thought you didn't like it smile.gif

But this pic with KK and Skate, Can you guys remind me of this? I'm drawing a blank unfortunately. (I'm looking into doing a paid graphic art gig lately and really been focusing on that, and I've got a friend wanting to collaborate on a comic, so my absent mind has been put to the test lately.)

Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Squinky)

ShadowDragon's Skate

...heh! just the way I like em, lovely & dangerous.

Once again, excellent job.

Didn't realise she was ambidextrous.

Now that would be an interesting pair, Skate & KK4.3: two tough dames, four times the firepower.

...I beleive this was the post that planted the seed.
Pyritefoolsgold
Wow! Nighteyes looks really awesome! though If you could possibly make his head and horns a little bigger, that would really rock. other than that, I always imagined his throat scar being a bit more noticeable, but otherwise you've totally captured him! I'd love to see him inked, even if you don't have time for the little changes I've suggested. And great work on the spear and revolver! I must admit, this is one of the more awesome things that's happened for me in a while! Thank you very much.
Kyoto Kid
...is tht a Ruger he's packin? Good choice
Squinky
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold)
Wow! Nighteyes looks really awesome! though If you could possibly make his head and horns a little bigger, that would really rock. other than that, I always imagined his throat scar being a bit more noticeable, but otherwise you've totally captured him! I'd love to see him inked, even if you don't have time for the little changes I've suggested. And great work on the spear and revolver! I must admit, this is one of the more awesome things that's happened for me in a while! Thank you very much.

No prob man. I'll fix up the things listed and probably get him up here around Wednesday night or Thursday. Got some other priority stuff first.

Thanks for the patience, everybody.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Squinky)
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Mar 19 2007, 01:53 AM)

No prob man. I'll fix up the things listed and probably get him up here around Wednesday night or Thursday. Got some other priority stuff first.

Dude, really, you do this in your spare time and for free, who could possibly have a right to complain?
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 19 2007, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Mar 19 2007, 01:53 AM)

Dude, really, you do this in your spare time and for free, who could possibly have a right to complain?

The right to? Anybody.

The grounds to do so? Nobody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012