Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Pyritefoolsgold
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Mar 19 2007, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Mar 19 2007, 01:53 AM)
Wow! Nighteyes looks really awesome! though If you could possibly make his head and horns a little bigger, that would really rock. other than that, I always imagined his throat scar being a bit more noticeable, but otherwise you've totally captured him! I'd love to see him inked, even if you don't have time for the little changes I've suggested. And great work on the spear and revolver! I must admit, this is one of the more awesome things that's happened for me in a while! Thank you very much.

No prob man. I'll fix up the things listed and probably get him up here around Wednesday night or Thursday. Got some other priority stuff first.

Thanks for the patience, everybody.

Dude, really, you do this in your spare time and for free, who could possibly have a right to complain?

That would be freaking awesome! Nighteyes has kinda taken over as a character for me over the last month or so, so this will really end up being the culmination of that.

And of course, I can't wait to show him to my gaming group.
You take as long as you need.
Squinky
QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
Wow! Nighteyes looks really awesome! though If you could possibly make his head and horns a little bigger, that would really rock. other than that, I always imagined his throat scar being a bit more noticeable, but otherwise you've totally captured him! I'd love to see him inked, even if you don't have time for the little changes I've suggested. And great work on the spear and revolver! I must admit, this is one of the more awesome things that's happened for me in a while! Thank you very much.

No prob man. I'll fix up the things listed and probably get him up here around Wednesday night or Thursday. Got some other priority stuff first.

Dude, really, you do this in your spare time and for free, who could possibly have a right to complain?

Nobody has ever complained, and I don't expect it. I just want people to know it frustrates me that they have to wait so long, and that I fell their pain smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...for me, when I see a new drawing whether it is of my character or not, I am happy. That is all that matters.

BTW the second run of Rhapsody is underway. When the playtest is done I want to discuss illustrations before I put it out here on DS.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Mar 20 2007, 01:28 AM)

Nobody has ever complained, and I don't expect it. I just want people to know it frustrates me that they have to wait so long, and that I fell their pain smile.gif

I appreciate that, Squinkz. I appreciate it big.
Jame J
I have another character for drawing. He's an Ork mage named Sam, though he's known on the streets as "Trogo the Tagger." (Yes, I just came up with that now, but it's based on something I had already.)

He's about normal height for an Ork, but there's something about him that lets him fade into the background ("Blandness" quality in SR4). Also, he tends to dress much like a normal Corp mage: he got an armored jacket which is good for low-key business meetings as well as normal streetwear, and he's generally got his glasses on and his Predator 4 (caseless!) holstered.

No doubt there'll be a wait, so if you could PM me when it's ready I'd appreciate it. cool.gif
Squinky
No prob dude, I pretty much pm everybody now anyway smile.gif.

Here is Night eyes modified a little bit (added to his head and jaw and horns, made the scar crazy)

I decided to practice toning on this one:

NightEyes inked

NightEyes fullsize

Hope it's groovy.
wargear
QUOTE (Squinky)
I decided to practice toning on this one:

NightEyes inked

NightEyes fullsize

Hope it's groovy.

Very nice...
Pyritefoolsgold
That is rediculously awesome, and is very close to how I'd visualized him (it is now the new way I will be visualizing him.) I thank you a thousand times for this, it is truly sweet.

(and by the way, you got the head and horns pretty much exactly in proportion. Gread work.)

Nighteyes has been through a lot since I made the request, including a run in with twenty force 8 creatures spirits working for Annubis, and a quartet of red samurai attempting to kill him in his home (he sent them packing)

There is only one thing I could see added to this, if it wouldn't take too much of your time. It would be really cool to have a translucent wolf spirit in the upper left hand corner, just so there would be something identifying him as a wolf shaman. But if you don't have time for it, I understand perfectly.

This picture is going on my wall.
Kyoto Kid
...oy!

...like waaaaaay good.

This has got to be your best yet. I like the setting, the two dudes on the roof behind don't know what's about to hit them. The detail on the revolver is especially sweet. That is the way I would see a Super Warhawk looking (my favourite firearm & I have fired it's "predecessor", the Blackhawk, in RL).

If you would like, put the Grande Family Portrait on the back burner & move Markova in the slot. Am very interested in seeing my Dwarf-Cosmonaut-Doctor-Sammy.
Squinky
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold)
That is rediculously awesome, and is very close to how I'd visualized him (it is now the new way I will be visualizing him.) I thank you a thousand times for this, it is truly sweet.

(and by the way, you got the head and horns pretty much exactly in proportion. Gread work.)

Nighteyes has been through a lot since I made the request, including a run in with twenty force 8 creatures spirits working for Annubis, and a quartet of red samurai attempting to kill him in his home (he sent them packing)

There is only one thing I could see added to this, if it wouldn't take too much of your time. It would be really cool to have a translucent wolf spirit in the upper left hand corner, just so there would be something identifying him as a wolf shaman. But if you don't have time for it, I understand perfectly.

This picture is going on my wall.

Man, I have never been very good at animals. I am pretty hesitant to attempt a Wolf at this stage.

ShadowDragon8685
Hate to heap on your workload, but before anyone else requests it, I'd like to officially officious-like request that you do something of KK and Skate.
wargear
QUOTE (Squinky)
Man, I have never been very good at animals. I am pretty hesitant to attempt a Wolf at this stage.

The good thing about it being a wolf Spirit is that it can be a little blurry, indistinct or out of proportion.
2bit
oooo! good job with nighteyes, squinky.
Pyritefoolsgold
QUOTE (wargear @ Mar 28 2007, 06:53 AM)

The good thing about it being a wolf Spirit is that it can be a little blurry, indistinct or out of proportion.

What he said. It doesn't have to look even vaguely realistic, just sort of like a wolf. But if you don't have time, I understand. Thanks again, a ton, for the picture!
X-Kalibur
I'd love to see your take on this Squinky, I'm amazed at how good the last drawing you did came out.

The character's name is Lucien, he is an elven black mage with a flair for the theatric. He likes to be flashy with his magic and his looks, using spells such as lightining, trid entertainment/Trid Phantasm, and ignite. Nothing quite scares the flarg out of someone like seeing a person set on fire. He has long platinum hair and wears a light blue trenchcoat. He has feedback material weaved into his coat and clothes as to add to his theatrics. He is fairly tall coming in at about 6'3" with a wiry build. If push comes to shove against another mage he also packs a Colt with stick n shock rounds.
Squinky
Okay then, I'll give it a shot. But don't make fun of me smile.gif
Pyritefoolsgold
QUOTE (Squinky)
Okay then, I'll give it a shot. But don't make fun of me smile.gif

At this point i'd build an alter, but you'd probably find that a bit creepy.
Squinky
NightEye + Wolf

Okay, no jokes. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Carter
An athletic caucasian human male, 36 yrs old, Carter is an ex-government agent specializing in counter-insurgency and organic damage. Since leaving the bureau, he still hasn't shaken the nor-eastern style of dark suits with longcoats. Short length brown hair, that is just a little longer than the old regs allowed, frames a face that has been around the block a few times and fallen down more than once along the way.

Somewhere between this and this for real photos.
Pyritefoolsgold
The wolf is awesome, even better than I hoped. I especially like the eyes. I am happy forever. Thank you.
Saytr
hello could you draw a native american indian street sam wearing urban camo pants and a armor vest with a black form fitting long sleeve shirt, muscluar, equipped with two are sliver guns and a leg wrap with four throwing knives on it. i would appreciate it a lot. Zion 30 yrs old male elf indian, black hair. stands about 5'8 170 lbs wears sunglasses.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Apr 1 2007, 09:51 PM)
NightEye + Wolf

Okay, no jokes. smile.gif

..actually looks pretty cool. Fills the blank space on the upper corner nicely giving the composition a bit more balance. The sprit also looks as if it is menacing the guys on the roof (or maybe warning NightEye they are there).

[edit]
BTW, I noticed that you made the switch with Markova. Thanks. A prelim would be nice if you can.
Squinky
Sure smile.gif

Markova sketch
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)
Sure smile.gif

Markova sketch

Two words.

First word: "Yum"
Second word: "Yum"
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Apr 2 2007, 11:15 PM)
Sure smile.gif

Markova sketch

Two words.

First word: "Yum"
Second word: "Yum"

I concur 100%!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Sure smile.gif 

Markova sketch

...You know those Ukraine girls really knock me out
they leave the West behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind...
love.gif

She" looks" Russian.

Now she makes the price of a DocWagon Super Premium Plus plan worth every nuyen.gif.

Only things I can think about are maybe just a bit more prominence of the DocWagon logo (I know there's a good image of it somewhere in one of the sourcebooks), and maybe an old Mission patch or two (check the NASA website for ideas) is about all I can suggest. Otherwise she looks absolutely perfect.
torzzzzz
That is truly awsom, you are a very good! if that is a sketch i would love to see the real thing!! spin.gif

V
Vegetaman
Are you still offering to do this? Because I have two awesome characters that would be good to have drawings of them... And you have some amazing art talent.
Squinky
Yep, fire away man. smile.gif
Squinky
Here we go:

Kyoto Kid's Markova Inked
Kyoto Kid
...like...ahhhhh...

[right, words I know what those are...okay, brain, you there?...must...think...of...words...Doh!]

love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif
Zolhex
As useall top work way to go Squinky
Kyoto Kid
...me again. Now that I have some time to calm down. This has yet to be your best, and I'm not just saying that because Markova is my character.

The pose is incredibly natural and fluid, the look in her eyes shows personality. Again, I like the toning effect much more than colour. It seems to give more of a three dimensional depth to the image.

There is another question I have but I will PM later on this.
Squinky
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. smile.gif

Edit:

Ratchaser Sketch

Waregears sketch
Kyoto Kid
..nice and nice x4...

I like the little critter on Ratchaser's arm...

Wargear's "quartet" has me curious about the Grande Family Portrait.
BishopMcQ
Squinky--I like the shift you are making to tones instead of inks. Any chance that the Missions will be seeing some of the new style.
holychampion
I love it! The cat on his arm is sooo perfect! love.gif
I have a cat of my own and that is exactly how we walk around the house.
Can't wait to see the ink version. biggrin.gif
SuperFly
Really impressed with your latest work, Squinks! Keeps getting even greater!
Squinky
QUOTE (BishopMcQ)
Squinky--I like the shift you are making to tones instead of inks. Any chance that the Missions will be seeing some of the new style.

Yes actually, I just started toning the images for interior art on a mission here recently. The contact images will remain the same black and white style for consistency's sake. All in all I am personally happy with how it is coming out.

Thanks again all, I'll try and update the latest sketches here soon.
Squinky
Okay, I got the okay to post a Shadowrun Missions picture up here, so here it is:

Shadowrun Mission pic

I'm pretty fond of it personally.
ShadowDragon8685
Hahah, that's awesome. I like the way the guy in the "peace" shirt is being held at gunpoint by the gun in the "Death" shirt.
Kyoto Kid
...ahh just another day in the U District....

Very Very nice.
Squinky
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Hahah, that's awesome. I like the way the guy in the "peace" shirt is being held at gunpoint by the gun in the "Death" shirt.

Heh, I never made that connection.

I mostly just like to throw little goofy things in my pictures, the whole deal with him was death and taxes, except I put it on backwards. I think I am mostly influenced by SR2 type pictures, it seems back then that most runners were depicted as punks and now it seems runners are more military or stealthy.....Might just have been my take on it though, I started playing around age 13.....

Anyways:

HolyChampion's Ratchaser
bibliophile20
I've been resisting the temptation to ask, but I'm giving in:

Character's name is Hawk; as the saying goes, he is mad, bad and dangerous to know--polite, professional, even-keeled... and if you work for the Yaks or deal beetles, expect to die. Human, Caucasian, height, 1.82 meters, weight, 80 kg, medium build, hair, sandy blond, medium length, eyes, green (although I don't expect color in the slightest). Scar from high right forehead down to right jawline. Prefers long coats, jeans and a t-shirt, and wears either goggles or glasses for AR. Drives a Yamaha Growler. Carries, at a minimum, two guns, spare clips, and a sword of some sort with him at all times (and often alot more than that).

Thank you in advance!
ShadowDragon8685
Wow, he's nice, Squinks... Kinda like a cross between Gandalf and The Matrix.

And hey, are you ever gonna do that picture of Kyoto Kid and Skate?
Kyoto Kid
...wowsa!

Each new pic I see gets better and better. You do a good job with animals as well, love Kitty's "smile" (cats have some amazing facial expressions - check out the Stuff on my Cat website sometime). Yeah, I can see the Gandalf/Matrix look. His expression imparts a strong feeling of wisdom to me - wisdom born of years in the shadows.

@Skate & KK: Yeah I'd like to see this too, but there are a few other folks in line ahead of them so I'm patient (still amazed by Markova - may have to re-write the character under SR4 now).

When you do get to the Skate & KK pic, A few suggestions...

KK should have a more decidedly "wild west" look. Her armoured jacket would be like a leather range herder's jacket with (if her back is visible) a variant of the classic Japanese painting "The Wave" on the back. Of course she should be wearing her trusty (armoured) Stetson. Underneath she wears the latest Tokyo hip clothing (Check out David Mack's Kabuki site for ideas) In one of the old pics I did of her years ago she is wearing tight slacks with the rising sun motif radiating from her right hip (as she's facing - BTW actually saw a similar pair of slacks in a boutique window the other week eek.gif ). Her top can be almost anything from a tube top to western shirt with the traditional Cowboy "cord" tie.

I like the the revolver for you did for NightEyes Now, that is a Ruger Blackhawk (which is the style KK uses).
Squinky
First off, thanks as always guys.

As KK said I've got a few people in line before the epic duo is gonna get started smile.gif. I'll make sure to post the sketch first on that one for sure. I've been feeling a slight improvement in my work lately so hopefully that will show when we got to the kk+skate picture.

Anyways, as always apologies for skipping around a bit (waregear), but I felt more compelled to do this image up this morning:

RaventheWingedWarrior's Winged Warrior smile.gif

Thank my crappy headcold for me being off work today and doing this picture, that and me finishing off the last episode on my Smallville season 5 set....
Kyoto Kid
...ummm, ouch! Now that is lovely.

ic.gif...pretty...how about a pic with her and me?

ooc.gif KK, no more team ups...you know the rules

ic.gif...but...but...

ooc.gif I said no, you are already scheduled to appear with Skate. Now go back to reading Dick and Jane geek Mr Johnson like a good girl.
holychampion
Thank you Squinky!!!
That is a great piece of art, I love it!

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
wargear
Never apologise. Your work is great, and all these images are congregating in my game resources folder wink.gif

I look forward to seeing the end results of my request, but I just as avidly look forward to everyone elses pics as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012