Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Squinky
Holy Crap! Stickified.

Sorry for the absence guys, lost my internet for lack of paying the bill, then they took a while with the work order to restart it. To top it off, my computer has been having major issues, in fact I am going to give it a fresh format right now. Windows sucks. I can use my computer for about 10 minutes at a time before it shuts off, freezes, or the images on the screen get garbled up....yay! In fact as I write this my monitor is flashing on and off.....

Hope to hit this again soon.
ShadowDragon8685
Ohshitz, dude. You need to hit that bitch (computer) with a major Operation: Nagisaki.

(The code-word I've gotten all my friends to use to refer to a hard-drive reformating, heheheh. We get funny looks when we walk down the street saying we implemented Operation: Nagisaki.)
Squinky
Okay, back in the saddle after much technical difficultys.

Kyoto Kid's Hurricane Hanna

Apologys on the lack of background Kyoto, I just couldn't think of a good one and was a littel limited on time. Hope it is to your liking.
Trax
My, what big boobs she has. biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Okay, back in  the saddle after much technical difficultys.

Kyoto Kid's Hurricane Hanna

...sweeeeeet!

Good to see you back.

Of the three characters you have done for me, Hannah is definitely the best.

You definitely captured the rough & tumble, fun loving Cajun that I envisioned when I wrote her up. I also like the Band Aids on the nose & elbow too. Fit's with the mission she just finished last night/this morning.

"...In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by [her] tade, who carries the reminders of every glove that laid [her] down or cut [her]..."

-The Boxer (slightly paraphrased)

Paul Simon
Zolhex
Hey welcome back Squinky! as useall great work keep it up.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Trax)
My, what big boobs she has. biggrin.gif

...yeah, she is a strappin' lass.

Nice distraction for her opponents before she lands that 9 DV left cross of hers.wobble.gif
knasser
Hi,

Nice work. What the Hell, I can see how long the queue is so no biggy if mine doesn't appeal but the following is one of my characters (NPC if that's alright). I'd love to see what your take on him was.

Hernandez ( street name: Nezahual ).

South American Physical Adept and Vampire with the Cannibalize and Power Bleed metamagics from Street Magic. He is as close to raw malevolence that my "no-senselessly-evil-villains" game gets. Spirits alone know how many deaths he has on his hands.

Looks: Native South american, very dark complexion with a cruel face and a wrought body painted with dark tattoos. Typically wears a simple suit-jacket without shirt. Has high-level Mystic Armour so no worn armour. Typically fights with bare hands, which rapidly become black with blood. Use of cannibalise metamagic has previously involved plunging his hand through the rib-cage and pulling out the heart of the sacrificial victim. Can go beserk in combat so appearance is sometimes very wild or savage.

Worships Huitzlilapoctli and has a dark aura.

Thanks if you can do this, but understand if you can't / don't. Keep up the good work! smile.gif
Zolhex
Hehe looks like my tatoo thing is next in line lol just poking some fun at ya squinky so hows it going? just curious nothing else.
mintcar
Congratulations on the sticky Squinky!
Sandoval Smith
It's been a while since I've posted on Dumpshock, and in honor of relics long gone, I'd like to ask for a picture of my last SR3 chracter.

'Jon Calvin' was my tiger-shapeshifter-face (love those hyphens!). He was from mainland China, looking a bit like Stephen Chow, with a tidier hair cut. Although a rather short man, he possessed, above all else, dignity and presence (like that's not difficult to draw biggrin.gif ). Of course, his physical appearance betrayed his 'shifter heritage to a certain degree (he had narrow, catlike eyes, with pupils that looked slightly feline) His facial expression indicated that no matter what was happening, the world perpetually amused him. He was also a very snazzy dresser, prefering dark, semi-formal clothing. He never carried weapons openly, instead relying on his proficiency in quick talking, or hand to hand combat (aided, when needed, with shock gloves) when ever possible.

I managed to find some pictures that might better explain his look.
Here's a picture of Stephen Chow. Stephen Chow
And here's a picture of Mr. Incredible, wearing an outfit pretty close to what Jon wore. Snappy suit, nice shirt, no tie.Mr. Incredible

As I was writing this, I got a great mental image of Jon striding forward, dressed to kill, a smug smile on his face as he pulls on a shock glove. If that helps at all, super.
t-morton
i would like you to attempt an old charactor of mine

he is in his mid twentys, 6 foot tall, wieghs in about 180 lbs.
shoulder length straight hair, he normally dresses in leather pants and vest with a long coat. favorite weapon is a remington roomsweeper, as he has very low essence (.6) he is a bit wild around the eyes, he also has a joint or a pipe in his mouth almost constantly.

when i wrote him up there were no off switches for the wired reflexes, its his way of taking the edge off so he doesnt kill his team mates.

thanks t-morton
ShadowDragon8685
Squinky? You there?
Wounded Ronin
Wow, I hadn't noticed that this thread had been stickied.
Squinky
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Squinky? You there?

I am here. Gonna be getting back into art mode here real soon. Sorry all.
ShadowDragon8685
No problem. I was just trying to see if you were okay, or if we had to start doing legwork and put out a counter-extraction contract.
Zolhex
It seems he went and got a life how lame. Back to work you art slave LOL.
SuperFly
*snap the whip*
Kyoto Kid
...again, good to see you back.

Still impressed with the pic of Hannah (I take it to the sessions in which I run her as her "official" character portrait).

When things settle down again I would like to start sending you bios of the lead NPCs from Rhapsody. To start off, there will be another of Leela, albeit as the lovely young pianist (elegant & ultra tres chic, after all she is now the adopted daughter of a high ranking British noble). She still should have a hint of that "little girl" look though.

No need to rush. I know you have a queue of drawings still pending so I can wait.
the_dunner
If any of you would like to see some of Squinky's other work, take a look at the Missions downloads. He really cranked through some material prior to GenCon, and there's some very cool work up in SRM02-07 An Ounce of Prevention. (And more cool stuff coming in the next few adventures.) He's been doing both handout art since the 4th edition campaign started and also interior art since 02-05.
Kyoto Kid
...I'll give these a look.
fourstring_samurai
hmmm...digging through the old character files of my players....

if ya can manage squinky, try:

a LARGE bear shaman troll, named "crusha grubsnatcha", who wears an all white tux complete with bow tie, and has a fetish or two pinned to the lapels. symmetrical horns. clean shaven.

much appreciated!
Squinky
Here we go:

Wounded Ronin's Sauter

Didn't get a good vibe for a background. Sorry again all for the extended wait, time goes by so quickly....

Also, I finally updated the list, it's pretty impressive, heh.
Squinky
Another:

NeonWraith's Character
Trax
Woo! New drawings.
Zolhex
lol he disappears for a few every now and then but when he comes back he's a drawing machine you go Squinky!
ShadowDragon8685
"chopper chick"? That sounds so.... Wrong, yet funny. nyahnyah.gif
Sicarius
I have no idea where the list is at this point(I suspect its long), but there was great work done here so far and so I have a request.

Street Samurai/former SK company man named Mirko Subic. Croat Human in his low 30s, stands about 5'11 with short cropped brown hair, wears a armored longcoat and armored vest, with a Aug-CSL and an Ares Monosword held in a scabbard at the hip. has muscle augmentation and toner, so he should be pretty well defined. the one distinguishing feature that i'd like visible (if not that's okay) would be cyber-eyes featuring a crusader cross similar to the one seen here http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/c/cru-bz.gif

Clothing style should be a lower level corporate feel. Business suit under ankle length raincoat, something like that.

if the drawing gives off a feeling of one of those really calm people who everyone knows better than to mess with, that would be ideal.
eidolon
QUOTE (Casazil)
lol he disappears for a few every now and then but when he comes back he's a drawing machine you go Squinky!

Yes, all hail Squinky!

I can't wait to see Doc. I'm going to have to print him out and frame him for my gaming room.
SuperFly
Hot damn... A-Team group pic is making its way up there on the list! =D

Squinky: No rush on this. I figure large groups and action shots can get pretty complicated. If it gets to be too much too fast you can always drop me back on the queue. I'd rather see you at your best than: "F*ck! This is getting out of hand."
Wounded Ronin
Thanks so much for the artwork! I loved the look and interpretation!
Squinky
Thanks for the feedback, and glad you like it. My current plans, for anyone waiting, is to probably start the A-team pic up in a day or two, I've got a few other pieces I have to get done before I can come back to this. Sorry for the wait all.

Hound
Dood, it's something you do completely outta charity, you don't need to apologize for pushing it back. Great stuff by the way.
ShadowDragon8685
Yeah, it's cool, it's cool. Just don't dissapear, eh?

We don't like getting no news. It's worrying.
lorechaser
I'll throw my hat in the ring, see if anything looks interesting. I have issues with making characters, so here are a few to pick from....

1. Hoodoo.

Hoodoo is a cajun dwarf voudon. He's about normal height for a dwarf, stocky and tough. He's bald, with a long beard, and tattoos and glyphs covering his body. He wears a sleeveless vest over an armor shirt, and baggy armored pants and combat boots. And carries a combat axe almost as big as he is. He's a summoner as well.

2. Dragon.

Dragon is a troll, but it's hard to tell (human looking) if you discount the fact that he's over 7 feet tall and has small horns. However, he tends to keep his bushy hair long, and they're hard to spot. He's a physical adept, specialized in throwing things - anything (Missle Mastery + Power Throw). He is basically a futuristic interpretation of a Wuxia monk, and carries a long spear (weapon focus), several throwing daggers, and a bag of marshmellows. He usually dresses in a fairly functional robe (armored).

3. Magnus.

Magnus is an Ork mage, focused on defense. He's a master counterspeller, but has only a basic knowledge of spell casting. He tends to wear nicely tailored suits and a fedora, which belies his Shamanistic tradition. He carries an Ares Alpha for his firepower, and has a stylized half-demon/half-angel tattooed on the right side of his face (for his mentor spirit, the Adversary.)
Ladynero
*waves* Heya!

Like Lost Demiurge, I joined because of all the wonderful art he showed me on this list and I totally fell in love with the drawing of his two characters.

So, I'm gonna toss my two runners into the ring and see what comes out of them.

*grins*

Heather Scuccio aka Pixie.

When the Comet went over, Heather and her father turned elven. Unfortunately for Heather, she was also about 13 at the time and a decade later, only looks 15 normally. She's a bounty hunter on the side, specializing in peds. She's goth pale with black hair that she wears in pig tails and a school girl outfit with two pairs of handcuffs on her belt. She also has a backpack that she carries her armored clothing in and spare bullets for her "Runs". Her weapons of choice are two collapsable batons or her "Pixie Sticks" as she calls them. As an adept, she's part innocent little girl, part face and all bad ass when necessary.

Marta Constantine aka "Sarge"

Marta is from jamaca and she was in the army, attaining the rank of master Seargent before growing to a height of 7 feet tall (she was short as a human) and about five hundred pounds of pure muscle. After that, she hit the glass ceiling so hard, her horns curved back along her head. She wears jeans, combat boots and her army jacket with her rank and "Sarge" where the name tag is with the sleeves rolled up over a tank top. Her hair is in a multitude of braids and is an adept with an "in" with the warrior loa. Her dog tags still hang around her neck, and she has a pair of Ares Predators strapped to her thighs while her ears are pierced all the way up with about a half dozen gold studs that off set her cocoa colored skin. Good natured, she's not above flirting with other runners (even if she is slightly predjudice against elfs right now) but is a solid person to have at your back when the chips are down and rockets are in the air.
Squinky
Okay, I didn't have the mojo going for the At-team picture just yet, so I did up the next one:

DawnShadow's Oni-Mage
Kyoto Kid
....again great job.

I actually don't mind the "no background" look since it lets your eyes focus more on the character. Most of the character drawings I had done in the past had little or no background detail save for maybe a relevant piece of gear or vehicle.
Dawnshadow
QUOTE (Squinky)
Okay, I didn't have the mojo going for the At-team picture just yet, so I did up the next one:

DawnShadow's Oni-Mage

*queue laugh*

Now I really wish I was playing more SR.. I want to see this guy in play.
Squinky
Again, I only had a few hours to do art tonight after work, and felt that I would rather get a single character done.

Ronin3338's Ork

Sometimes I just have to go with the flow on art, but the A-team is a tenative next. Gonna hit another project for the next few days though (just to let anyone know who is waiting, I know nobody is pressuring me, heh).
Kid Kaide
Just wondering if you could do a sketch of an ork I play named Kaide Aklei. He's sort of a sam, not totally there though. Plays with a katana and an ingram smartgun, or colt m22a2. I like to think he's more of a street-goer, or mercenary than a sammi. Maybe somewhere in between. He trained under a terrorist group that's kind of why I like to think of him as more of a mercenary. Here's the description I have written out for him:

Kaide

This guy stands around the heights of =5'9"= or so, and has a rather porceline stature... He moves with some strange type of jaded smoothness, fitting into the cog-work quite well. He looks to weight in around =160 lbs=. He's one hell of a package... Well defined physic, a rather smart and aware look behind crystal-clear olive green eyes. Both of his ears come to a tapered point, and are pierced in several places, with -gaudy- loops climbing up just below the tips of his ears, mostly chrome pieces. His jawline is etched in stone and his skin is a drab-olive in shade. He lacks hair of any type, at least in any spots you can see that a being would normally have hair. His entire face is slightly angled off, and his features are sharp, leaving a clear brow, as well as a set of nicely squared pearly-whites. His gum purtrude a bit around his tusks, which aren't all that large themselves. A datajack is fitted behind his left ear which is chrome in construction, matching his loops.

A black Dickies© workshirt fits smoothly around the ork's abdomen. A fairly new black leather belt is worn around his waiste but is cut out of view by his shirt. The belt has a chrome belt buckle and it holds up a pair of Dickies© work pants. Finally topping off the neo-Industrial outfit are a pair of Converse Hi-Top Chuck-Taylors©. On top of that a rather generic, but secure looking longcoat. Also, from underneath the sleeves seem to be a pair of Forearm Guards peeking out just enough so one can see the majority of the fist plates.

This particular denzien seems to carry about a jaded type of loneness. He seems sane enough, but there's an almost 'stigma' that seems to loom about him. As though his shadow were to be watching his every-step.

Hope that helps a little.
X-Kalibur
Great to see more of your awesome work Squinky. biggrin.gif
Ladynero
*grins* These are just wicked cool pictures all around and each one is a new delight.
Raventhewingedwarrior
I would like a picture of an orken street samari that is completly made of cyberware. He is 5 ft 12in has an extremely built with lots of black hair. He clothes don't really matter.
Thanks
ronin3338
QUOTE (Squinky)
Again, I only had a few hours to do art tonight after work, and felt that I would rather get a single character done.

Ronin3338's Ork

Oh man... You Rock! biggrin.gif

You did a great job, and captured the character precisely.

If you didn't already have a ton of requests lined up, I would send all my players to you for artwork.

Kudos!
ShadowDragon8685
So, what is the Penmeister working on now? Some eviiiil corporate art project? The next is his lines of pro bono art? An Initiative thesis, perhaps? smile.gif
Fortune
I would sure like to put my name on the waiting list, even if it is quite long.
Squinky
QUOTE (ronin3338)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Sep 26 2006, 10:46 PM)

Ronin3338's Ork

Oh man... You Rock! biggrin.gif

You did a great job, and captured the character precisely.

If you didn't already have a ton of requests lined up, I would send all my players to you for artwork.

Kudos!

Thanks man!

To anybody wanting to sign up, you are totally encouraged to do so, as long as you understand that it may take a good while sometimes. If you don't mind waiting, I would totally enjoy doing up any characters that are posted.

To answer Shadowdragon: I am doing some Missions artwork and finishing up a commision that I have been slacking on. I am really hoping to whittle away on this character list this weekend also.
Fortune
QUOTE (Squinky @ Oct 7 2006, 12:52 PM)
To anybody wanting to sign up, you are totally encouraged to do so, as long as you understand that it may take a good while sometimes. If you don't mind waiting, I would totally enjoy doing up any characters that are posted.

Since you said to post ...

QUOTE (Flintlock)
Donovan Cochrane, also known as Flintlock, appears to be in his early 20’s, and is relatively good looking, although he could be considered a little below average by elven standards. He is definitely below the elven norm in height, measuring only 1.85 meters, and weighing in at 77 kg. 

His dirty-blond hair is neatly cut in short but shaggy style, with a tiny braid trailing down the back of his neck. The emerald pupils of his cybereyes are faceted in such a way that they seem at times to emit a gem-like green sparkle all on their own, even when they're not catching the ambient light. His only other visible cyberware is a datajack in his left temple, although other implants are definitely present. 

Donovan sports a tattoo on his left bicep of an old flintlock with the Ancients symbol emblazened in neon green on the butt, and another vibrantly-colored one depicting a feathered serpent twining around his right arm from the shoulder all the way down to the wrist. 

He normally dresses in street-style clothing, his preferred colors being black, green, and lavender. 

A matched pair of Ares Predators typically hang in twinned shoulder holsters, while a couple of other, smaller pistols are usually hidden on his body. He really enjoys the rare (but hopefully getting more frequent) times when he gets to wear his full gunslinger rig, with a Warhawk slung low on his right hip, and a Roomsweeper hanging at his left.

More description is available if needed, and thanks in advance. smile.gif
Squinky
Here are some shadowrun pics that I did up for a commision for a fellow Dumpshocker. Thought I might post them here, hope thats okay.

Commisioned Dwarf Guy
Commisioned Elf Guy
Commisioned Wayakambi Guy
Commisoned Elf Sammy
Commisioned Troll adept

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012