Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Grinder
Her eyes are too big, what gives her a too cute style/ look.
Smilin_Jack
Blame it on what's in my head - I think in cartoon. biggrin.gif

I'll see if I can get the eyes to a more realistic size.
HMHVV Hunter
Anyone know if Squinky's still working on these?
ShadowDragon8685
Well, he's still got his que up. And I'm honestly waiting with tingling anticipation of Skate updated for 2070. (With a new, later birthdate, to keep her jibing with the proper age. nyahnyah.gif)
Trax
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Well, he's still got his que up. And I'm honestly waiting with tingling anticipation of Skate updated for 2070. (With a new, later birthdate, to keep her jibing with the proper age. nyahnyah.gif)

There's always plastic surgery. biggrin.gif
Soylent Plaid
Active art thread eh? Hope it's still actually active. An edited re-posting of another art thread post I had previously made.

Deadhammer is my elven combat mage that I play on SL. Caucasian, shoulder length black hair, tall, thin. 6'5, 175 lbs. His ears come to a fairly defined point, and his hair usually falls back loose or is in a long ponytail (but blown back in the wind would be cool too!) DH wears a long back coat, open in the front usually with either a dark t-shirt and jeans underneath or some form of armor (feel free to make the jacket blow in the wind too!). He's got sharp features, high cheekbones and (possibly) a scar on one temple. He's usually armed with a dikoted katana, or blowing up something big with a spell. Whenever he's casting a spell in anger his eyes glow red, but they're usually hidden behind a pair of designer sunglasses. DH owns a Harley Scorpion, which is dented on the left side.

Hope that helps. If you need more info please let me know. And I hope that I'm not posting to a dead thread again.
Squinky
Oh, it's kind of active, heh. I have been intending to update the first post again with all the other art that has been posted and update the que.

Right now though, I am planning on going on a long drive from Idaho to Missouri in a day or two, and am taking a print off of a bunch of these guys. They may end up being just penciled since it will be car drawing, but they should turn out okay. Hope to post them here in a week or so.
Kyoto Kid
...Actually I prefer the more subtle dynamics of pencil work. Most of the illustrations I've done are in graphite, employing both drafting & drawing pencils of varying hardness degrees.

Looking forward to seeing my little bushido six-gun slinging adept , KK when you get back.

Have a good & safe trip.
FanGirl
Thanks again, Squinky! I know that FanGirl will be awesome. biggrin.gif
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (Squinky)
Oh, it's kind of active, heh. I have been intending to update the first post again with all the other art that has been posted and update the que.

Right now though, I am planning on going on a long drive from Idaho to Missouri in a day or two, and am taking a print off of a bunch of these guys. They may end up being just penciled since it will be car drawing, but they should turn out okay. Hope to post them here in a week or so.

Actually, if it'd mean Helios gets the ink treatment, I'd be willing to wait a while longer for the drawing. You could just move me a step or two down the queue or something.
Squinky
Noted. I will probably still ink them all (except for the above exemption) I was just worried if car movement would interfere. It's crazy how little movements can mess up inking. I'll figure something out though.
Squinky
Piecemails' Jamie Shiro

Hope pencil is okay on this one.
FanGirl
I like it! And not just because I'm now second in line. nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
Looks cool, really gritty. smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Squinky, I gotta know, since you didn't put it on the main post... Are you going to redraw Skate? You seemed interested in the idea, but you didn't put her in the queue, so I'm kinda confuzzled.
Squinky
Definately, I was just getting behind on the first post. I'll get to updating it soon.
Platinum
I came across this today.

Looks alot like Shadowrunner13's Tenmou. (At least that is what the kenji says on his face)

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tenmou6dx.jpg
Shadowrunner13
Yep, that's definitely very similar to my character (including the placement of the kanji). It's not something I've ever had done, so either someone had a very similar character concept, or they read my piece of Tenmou fiction and felt like sketching him out.

Not sure about the garb, but it's still kinda neat. smile.gif

SR13
Platinum
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tenmou36rg.jpg

I stumbled across this newer version with some more casual looking clothes.
Shadowrunner13
Strange... I'd be very interested in knowing who the artist behind the picture was. If it is based on my character (the similarities are uncanny), I'm flattered and I'm curious to know why they picked my character out of all the stuff on the Net...

This attire better fits my personal view of Tenmou. Definitely street level. His face seems not quite Asian enough... though who am I to critique someone else's work... I'm as artistic as a brick when it comes to drawing. smile.gif

SR13
ShadowDragon8685
Squinky? Have you dissapeared off the face of the earth?

I better start making calls, see who drove him - or drug him - under.
FanGirl
Yeah, I'm wondering too. I want to see what FanGirl looks like!
Squinky
Oh I'm here alright, more than I'd like to admit.

On the art at hand, I am currently doing a batch up that for something that has a higher priority than the character drawings, but will do my best to get to them.

I know it sucks to wait weeks to a month, and I will do my best to get crack-a-lackin on this right away.

I think I am on HMV hunter's guy right now, then it's Fangirl if I remember right. Both characters that I am looking forward to drawing.
HMHVV Hunter
Cool. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of Helios.
FanGirl
Thanks very much for letting us know the reason for the delay, and I'm glad you're looking forward to drawing my character. biggrin.gif
HMHVV Hunter
Just bumping this up; I'm still excited smile.gif
Squinky
My apologys man, I have really been lollygagging. Currently My que for art (another project before I hit this again) is inking 2 full pagers and sketching and inking 4 (I think) smaller ones plus a couple of full sizers probably. It's fun work too, but it's all time consuming.

I wish I could make it up to you guys, I love doing these, but the wait is crap. Sorry all, again.
Squinky
Managed to pack it in. Fun guy to draw, although the gun was a little wacky. Hope it was worth the wait.

Hmhvv Hunter's Helio
FanGirl
I like the dead ghoul in the background, especially the cross around its neck. Very nice, ironic touch.
Kyoto Kid
...man we coulda used Helio on our last mission. Ghouls *Ugh* they give KK the willies.

Once again, excellent work.
ShadowDragon8685
Glad ta see ya back in action, Squinkz. Welcome home! smile.gif
Grinder
Very atmospheric picture smile.gif
Squinky
Thanks guys.

Fangirl
Wasn't able to do the mainframe suggestion like you said, but hope it turned out all right.

Fangirl's Fangirl

ShadowDragon8685
Nice. A bit necky, but nice. smile.gif

Uhh, are you going to put Cue Ball and Skate on the queue list at the top of the thread?
Squinky
Yeah, I suffer with those necks of mine. Couldn't fix it without a re-do, and as I was really supposed to be doing other stuff, figured I would roll with it. But it is definately one of my flaws I am working on negating.

I will update the list soon, no worries there. One thing I am doing is sending out PM's to folks that I don't see posting here much, cause it's kind of a bummer to set aside a couple hours to draw someone a picture they will never see, heh. It has happened more than a couple times, and is kind of a bummer. So, that might speed things up a bit, but I would prefer to draw folks their stuff.
Trax
I don't post much, but I am here often. I just don't usually see anything worth putting my 2 cents in.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Squinky)
Yeah, I suffer with those necks of mine. Couldn't fix it without a re-do, and as I was really supposed to be doing other stuff, figured I would roll with it. But it is definately one of my flaws I am working on negating.

Some cultures consider long necks to be attractive.
Zolhex
Like trax I may not post often but I am here often.

While I am here and posting I guess I can ask how long till you get to my pic request?
eidolon
Squinky, those last two are fantastic! (The others as well, but I think I've already kudos'ed you for those. smile.gif)

When I've got more patience, I'll write up Morgan "Doc" Shanes and post him up for interpretation. I think he'd look awesome in your style.
Squinky
Okay, finally updated the list up top.

Thanks Trax for letting me know.

Casazil, was your request for a tatoo design? If so I pulled a dumbass and deleted it from my PM box because it got too full (they don't give you much on the board). If that was it, can you post it here so I don't lose it? I will make it top priority since you got kinda lost in the shuffle, sorry man.

Edit-- Nevermind, I still have it saved in a word file. I'll get something to you soon.
Squinky
Here we go, the two orks. I haven't seen these users around for a bit, so I hope they wander back some point, and like what they see.

Rastus'es Ex-Ganger

And:

Goliath's Ork Ganger
Zolhex
Tis all good guy when ya get the chance I mean these are free things your doing for people so I don't think I get the right to whine about how long it takes LOL.
Squinky
Coolness.

Heres Kyoto Kid, I feel kind of meh about it, but thats how it goes sometime. Hope it works.

Kyoto's Kyoto Kid
FanGirl
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks guys.

Fangirl
Wasn't able to do the mainframe suggestion like you said, but hope it turned out all right.

Fangirl's Fangirl

I will love you forever. Squee! biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Coolness. 

Heres Kyoto Kid, I feel kind of meh about it, but thats how it goes sometime. Hope it works. 

Kyoto's Kyoto Kid

....a little more serious looking than she usually is in game life (she was originally kind of a cross between the X-Men's Jubilee, & Jim Tucchi's "Shi" with a bit of Calamity Jane thrown in for fun). Then again, she is a professional (and she knows it), having been trained in one of the most respected dojos in Kyoto Japan.

Her face is absolutely perfect, very Japanese, almost a hint of a Manga look.

The only thing that is missing is her Stetson, but I'm not sure if I mentioned that in her bio (my bad).

The bottom line, Again excellent job, I like it. She goes up on the wall at home next to the picture of Leela.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)
Coolness.

Kyoto's Kyoto Kid

BEAUTIFUL, Squinkz!

Just freaking BEAUTIFUL!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Here we go, the two orks. I haven't seen these users around for a bit, so I hope they wander back some point, and like what they see.

Rastus'es Ex-Ganger

And:

Goliath's Ork Ganger

... who says Orcs got no sense of style.

BTW the Punisher T Rastus's Ex Ganger is wearing under his jacket - nice touch.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks guys.

Fangirl

Fangirl's Fangirl

Sweeeeet.

...could swear I saw her strolling Hawthorne Ave PDX this weekend while I was soak'n up some sun & suds.

Shrapnel
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Squinky)

Rastus'es Ex-Ganger

And:

Goliath's Ork Ganger

... who says Orcs got no sense of style.

BTW the Punisher T Rastus's Ex Ganger is wearing under his jacket - nice touch.

And it looks like an "Order of the Stick" Goblin on Goliath's t-shirt... biggrin.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (FanGirl)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jun 10 2006, 11:54 PM)
Thanks guys.

Fangirl

Fangirl's Fangirl

I will love you forever. Squee! biggrin.gif

Wow, I've never gotten a "Squee!" before, heh.

Beyond that, I appreciate the comments on the last round of things. And Kyoto, it is an honor that you are displaying the pictures. Thanks guys!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012