Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Squinky
Grinder, sent you a PM.

And yeah Solstice, I love drawing Orks and Trolls, so hook me up.
ChuckRozool
How's about this...

Snagglepuss
Troll
PhysAd

Lean and well defined by troll standards.
Of asian descent
Two horns, one tusk
No distiguishing marks on his body

Civilian wear: T-shirt, loose fitting cargo pants and custom Chuck Taylor All Star high tops. Old army jacket (armored), similar to what Stalone was wearing in Rambo:First Blood.

Work wear: Black long sleeve t-shirt, armored vest, combat harness with shoulder holster for Ruger Super Warhawk, BDU pants (urban camo or solid black), and combat boots. Also carries a pump shotty. Bandana , usually around neck, for hiding identity on the job.

Oh yeah, and he's generally a happy fun loving kinda guy.
Squinky
Hyzmarca's Scout:

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g...irlscout2ie.jpg

Strange character by the way...
hyzmarca
She looks older and more grizzled than I had intended, but great picture none the less. The detonator is a nice touch.
Solstice
QUOTE (Squinky)
Grinder, sent you a PM.

And yeah Solstice, I love drawing Orks and Trolls, so hook me up.

Well the character died last night and when I asked the player if he wanted a picture drawn of the character I was told: "He's dead. We won't speak of him again."

LOL I think it's a sore subject eek.gif

So I guess that particular character is out of the question. Sorry.
Kyoto Kid
Here goes, see If I can remember what I posted in the Art Attack thread.

Leela Groznek:

Human (Croatian)
Petite physique - 5 ' tall Weight - maybe 44 K
Short unkempt mop of frazzled red hair (think of the girl from the movie "The 5th Element" )
Fair complexion (no freckles)
Captivating (blue) eyes
Terminally cute.

2 choices here:

During her runner career:

Actual age is 18-something but looks a lot younger (early teens). Developmentally disabled, has mindset & personality of a 13 year old despite the fact that she is a wiz in several sciences, electronics, demolitions and a virtuoso at the keyboard (classical) Favourte sidearm - Gyrojet.

Has no visible implants (mostly bioware & headwear) Dresses in mod style with "bomber" styled armoured jacket & old 1990's Croatian army helmet (that's about a size or two too big.) Usually has a few cakes of C-12 with her.

Favourite M.O. is to play the cute kid, innocently rollerblading or playing near a site she concealed charges at the night before. After she waves and skates or skips away down a few blocks. she giggles and the building goes *BOOM* (microtrasciever trigger linked to transducer implant via induction datajack). She frequently takes a stage bow for a demo job well done. (yes, she does have the Distinctive Style flaw)

Also likes to make and set off fireworks (comes from a long line of renowned pyrotechnicians - basically it's in the blood)

After retirement:

Age 20: but still with that girlish look. Hair worn long and well groomed (she is after all the now adopted daughter of a British noblewoman). Dresses very smart usually in v neck sweater and tight knee length skirt when casual. For formal occasions (such as concerts & recitals) wears only the finest Tres Chic styles. Carries herself with the air of a noble, but that mischievous little kid still lurks inside.
Squinky
Sorry all to anybody waiting on me. I go through cycles with my interests, and had myself a week off doing art because I just wasn't producing as good a picture as I liked, which just ate at me. But anyways, I'll try and get some more pictures done up this weekend.
Brahm
When you start charging I'll start talking about deadlines. *smile* In the meantime please toss Slim on the pile. http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?act=...t=0#entry351409 I tried to describe his First Impressions and Blandness Qualities. Preference is him wearing the business suit. Holding the microflare gun or the baton would be nice since those are sort of signature gear for him. If you want to have him sitting at a backroom card table that is cool. Or just off the bus into Seattle wearing street clothes and carrying a big duffel bag over his sholder. Lots of options, please have fun with it.
Brahm
I know that it is wishing for alot but using the shanking the car scene from the Corridas de Toro story in that thread would so rock.
Brahm
I should add that if you do fresh off the bus he is someone that lived his life in the desert so isn't going to immediately have the clothing for the month long Seattle rain showers. So soggy, broke, grumpy and trying to wrap his head around how someplace could be so damn wet.
Catsnightmare
QUOTE (Squinky)
QUOTE (Liper @ Jan 12 2006, 02:32 AM)
I definatly like how it turned out, you have a kind of rough drawing style that is fun to look at.

Thank you. Hope I didn't over do the freaky side of the character.

Here is Abscahltan's Benito:

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benito2ka.jpg

Running out of stuff to draw guys, heh.

No insult intended or anything. But for some reason it makes me think of a long-haired country-western John Constantine. silly.gif
Liper
I was honestly picturing it a bit different, I'll see if I can do a sketch to give you a rough idea.
Squinky
I've got a leela in the works, but I think I may do some re-tooling on her, she seems to old and her face is just wrong. I'll put up the picture here though, as it may take me a few days to focus enough time on it. Good chance of re-drawing it:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Leela.jpg

Obviously still in my really rough sketck form, I do a lot of cleaning up in the inking stage...
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
I've got a leela in the works, but I think I may do some re-tooling on her, she seems to old and her face is just wrong. I'll put up the picture here though, as it may take me a few days to focus enough time on it. Good chance of re-drawing it:

Obviously still in my really rough sketck form, I do a lot of cleaning up in the inking stage...

I love the basic look, setting, & pose. You definitely caught her trademark sassy smile.

Keep in mind she's only about 5' tall and has the build of a 13-14 year old girl. If it is any help she also has the Infirm flaw (level 2) due to extensive lifesaving implant surgery she underwent between the ages of 8 - 10.

BTW, I actually love the soft tones that pencil gives.
Brahm
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jan 22 2006, 04:30 PM)

That is nice. Even as a rough sketch, if you want to call it that. I like the style almost more than your final inks, if I can say that without sounding insulting. Sure there a few things because it is an intermediate step, like the translucent holster. But it also has a feel of casual activity that is nice in it's own right.

If you do have the chance and don't mind, when you get to Slim could you please scan as well before the ink stage.
Squinky
Kyoto, I am glad you appreciated the sketch. I'm not feeling it on re-doing it, and since you like the sketch I think I'll just leave it be if thats okay.

Brahm: Sure. I can definately do that.

I really need to get back to this, been building a room on my house and playing online games too much.
weblife
Exellent drawings. I have a character that I would really like a drawing of.

Polyphemus, Cyclops Wyrm Shaman. Wears Heavy Security Armor (Ares model "Western Dragon", ridges on armor and helmet). His haircut is a flat mohawk. - Holding his helmet under his arm could be cool.

Has small tusks, but no horns.

He uses a Katana, worn on his back, and is always near/carrying his duffelbag with various electronics, generator, airtubes, demolition charges and similar.

Favors caves and using Shape Earth to mold his surroundings.
nick012000
Razorblade, a female elven face adept. She's very good looking; pretty much the model of female attactiveness, though she's not rail-thin (the fat just serves to accentuate her curves). The clothes she wears depends on the situation, though they'll alway be well tailored and somewhat armored. She's of Mexican-latino ancestry, though it's only apparent when she has her hair left in its natural color (as often as not, she has the fibreoptics she had put in instead changing her hair color on a whim). When she's in a partying mood, she might have the hair's color continually shift in a pattern not dissimilar to a rainbow.
Kasheu
human adept about 6`1, short black hair like the corp haircuts, long black overcoat, black full suit of form fitting body armor, priest collar, cross around his neck and duel wields modified ares predator III's with the engravings of right and left hand of god on them. he also wears eyeglasses too (his smartlink)
Dawnshadow
Redheaded elf woman. Tall, around 6'6. Well dressed typically, but when not expecting a fight, no real body armour, just a leather trench coat. Silver bracelet and chain earring that hooks to the top and bottom of her ear, (sustaining foci) and a pendant of the Wild Huntsman (power focus). Very pale, iridescent skin. (cetheral, from AH's site, referenced: Here.

Doesn't usually carry visible weapons. Known to have a spray can of pepper punch, in case she doesn't feel like being flashy and stun-spelling everyone causing problems.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Kyoto, I am glad you appreciated the sketch. I'm not feeling it on re-doing it, and since you like the sketch I think I'll just leave it be if thats okay.

No problem.

I often find it is actually harder to capture the feel and personality the second time around. Basically the spontaneous feel is usually lost by then and the drawing becomes overworked and (in my experience) stilted.

If there is time though, it would be neat to see how she looks inked in.
Squinky
Cool, fixed up the first post with a listing of the character's drawn by me and mintcar, and gave a list so people could know wha tplace in line they are at. I'll try to keep it somewhat updated.

Kyoto, I really dug the character, so if I find myself compelled to draw her again, or get to the point where there is noone in line, I'll probably find myself doing a new pic of her.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and get this list of people waiting cut down a bit, sorry guys.

Edit:
Shadowrunner 13's Tenmou
TinkerGnome
You do some great work, Squinky. I have found it impossible to find a pic that comes close to representing one of my newer characters (I'd ask for my street sam... but you've already done at least two that would fit him). Here is the lowdown on Nvwati (Cherokee for medicine), my medical mage:

She's in her late twenties and is half native american (Cherokee) and half Caucasian. She has shoulder length black hair which she lets fall free most of the time and almond eyes. She usually wears an armor jacket with a leather shell that fits loosely in to the genre of tribal fashion (kind of like this. She also wears a number of pieces of native american jewellery, including a turqouise inset bracelet with a carved bear on it (kind of like this but a little smaller... it's a focus). She wears a set of wireless eyeglasses with an integrated image link (they're really half-height glasses with no legs that just rest on her nose). She also always has a medkit close to hand.

She often summons spirits of man, as well, but that's not a requirement. Hers tend to appear as hodded men with shadowed or hidden faces and softly glowing eyes.
Squinky

Chuck Rozool's Snagglepuss
Shadowrunner13
QUOTE (Squinky)
Cool, fixed up the first post with a listing of the character's drawn by me and mintcar, and gave a list so people could know wha tplace in line they are at. I'll try to keep it somewhat updated.

Kyoto, I really dug the character, so if I find myself compelled to draw her again, or get to the point where there is noone in line, I'll probably find myself doing a new pic of her.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and get this list of people waiting cut down a bit, sorry guys.

Edit:
Shadowrunner 13's Tenmou

Squinky, that's pretty sweet. Hopefully, now I can show the people in my group a sketch of Tenmou that doesn't look like a cheap samurai knock off.

Thanks a lot. smile.gif

SR13
ChuckRozool
Cool, you got to my troll. cyber.gif
That's pretty sweet man, thanx.
Makes me want to get back into drawing, it's been too long.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)

Edit:
Shadowrunner 13's Tenmou

Whenever you get the extra time that would be great. Leela was definitely a fun character to play both as a PC and later as an NPC in my "Rhapsody" campaign. If I must say, she has become one of my favourites even challenging my namesake KK's long running #1 status.
Squinky
Here you go Brahm, hope it's up to par:

Brahm's Slim as a Sketch
Brahm's Slim inked

I added the cheesy "Vroom" and the suspense/spidey sense lines to make up for my inability to portray motion. Hope it's cool.

Thanks Shadowrunner 13 and Chuck, I am glad you liked them. I really like Trolls and orcs, so it was fun Chuck. You should get back into drawing, it's good for ya, heh. I started looking at old sketchbooks of mine and realized they were dated back in 98, and that was just wrong. I've matured a lot since then and have been really improving my art, you might be suprised at how you could improve if you started up again....

Brahm
Nice! Just in time for the game tonight. love.gif

Many thanks. Looks great, I like the look in his eyes. Sure he wants to talk all cool about it afterward, but in the heat of the momment that is about right.
Squinky
Sweet! Glad it worked out like that.

Weblife's Polyphemus

Hope that armor is close to what you wanted web, also, did my best on the flat mowhawk...Wasn't sure if it meant it was a buzz cut with only a mowhawk shape left, or a normal mowhawk with a flattened end....
weblife
QUOTE (Squinky)
Sweet! Glad it worked out like that.

Weblife's Polyphemus

Hope that armor is close to what you wanted web, also, did my best on the flat mowhawk...Wasn't sure if it meant it was a buzz cut with only a mowhawk shape left, or a normal mowhawk with a flattened end....

Thats awesome Squinky! biggrin.gif

He's exellent. Thank you very much!
Kenshi
The artwork on this thread is excellent! Well done.
Akimbo
Still taking requests? I would absolutely love to see other people's representation of my character!
Squinky
Kenshi, thank you, it's always nice to get input from another artist.

Weblife, glad you like him.

Akimbo, requests are open, so fire away. I can't always guarantee my timelyness though.

Edit---I have Nick012000's elf face half inked, just am not feeling it tonight, I'll get her up tomorrow. Warning though, I went a little "Boob-crazy".
Akimbo
I just love it when other people draw my character. I get rather sick of myself drawing. Well without further ado:

Her name is Bonnie Bridget Blake. Street names: Anise, Two Gun Bonnie, and Akimbo. (Currently Akimbo because she uses two guns and is seen with her hands on her hips frequently. Isn't that just cliche?)She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5’8” tall and weighs roughly 120 pounds. She is at the dazzling age of 23 years. She is human of course. She enjoys wearing red skirts that tend to be a few inches above the knee. She tends to wear V-neck t shirts primarily related to Ares Macrotechnology or something regarding firearms. She has a red lined coat that she usually wears open. She wears a brown leather gunbelt crooked with two handguns at her hips. Red shoes… choker… fingerless gloves... You know something… Let me just send you a few pictures.

Dress up(or down) game I made in flash of her:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/25872472/
Anyone know how I can make an object with flash where part of it is under one layer and the other part is above that same layer? I can't make her coat without that knowledge unfortunately. frown.gif

Image of her drawn by a friend and inked(poorly) by me:
http://img51.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aa0ad.jpg

And this cool neato Batman-esque roll in and out thing I did of her that we use for our games during scene changes:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/27564435/

So she grins a lot and has been part of some serious gun bunnery in the past. Obviously me stating colors is highly irrelevant due to the fact that these are inked black and white drawings. Kind of a leggy girl it seems. She doesn't have absolutely gigantic boobs either I must say. The big breasted gun bunny has been done to death. Then again, the gun bunny in itself has been done to death. I've been playing this character for at least 3 years now. We've been through quite a lot of tough runs. At an average of 5 karma per session, she is currently sitting on a total of 357 karma.

Anyway, I am excited to see what you’ll be whipping up for me!

P.S. I have some firearm drawings in case you're interested.
P.P.S. Note to self: Start scanning recent drawings to start coloring. Stop being lazy!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Kenshi)
The artwork on this thread is excellent!  Well done.

I have been very pleased myself. Even though Leela was a preliminary sketch, I thought her personality was captured very well. I also loved the setting, made me feel she was still in her hometown of Zagreb, ready to take on the Serb Occupation force single handed.

BTW, If I am not mistaken, I believe she also was next on the Art Attack list or at least very close. As Akimbo alluded to, it would be interesting to see another take on the kid sometime. As I mentioned somewhere I also am, (more like, have been) an artist myself, but advancing arthritis turns doing a simple sketch into a major undertaking these days.

With all the background I have written for Leela and setting notes from the campaigns, there is also a major story beginning to emerge. Unfortunately it takes place just after Night of the Comet so finding a publisher could be rather difficult, considering the demise of FASA and Fan Pro setting everything 8 - 9 years in the future.
Calvin Hobbes
Vincent is an Elven ex-Tir military academy brat who wears his military long coat over fetish-club gear. He has fibreoptic cables for hair, colored black which are kept slicked back as best as can be, and a pair of Ghost In The Shell inspired eye-covers. He carries one of those monoswords in a scabbard around his waist, and usually dual-wields browning max-powers. He looks sad most of the time.
Akimbo
QUOTE (Nyxll)
Akimbo, check out http://darksuperhero.com/archive/brianna2.jpg and http://www.blizzard-art.com/img/cai/Envy.jpg

Well obviously the blonde gun bunny has been done to death. I understand this. Then again, black hair is coming into style now... But in all honesty, you can't be anything in Shadowrun without being some sort of cliche.

But you know what makes me character a lot different for those other two?(She's not a slut)
mintcar
QUOTE (Akimbo)
But you know what makes me character a lot different for those other two?(She's not a slut)

Forgive me, I'm not trying to be snide, but I just can't help asking...

Is that why she's playing sexy dress-up games with anyone who's interested? biggrin.gif
Akimbo
A while back people were asking me what my character looked like. I have problems with using descriptions appropriately. Therefore, I made a dressup game. And don't worry, I didn't think you were trying to be rude in the very least. I just feel I need to justify myself at all times. Consider it due to the fact that I am incredibly unsure of myself all the time.

Besides, what's so sexy about the dressup game? I didn't think it was anything all too provocative or inappropriate.
mintcar
My choice of words was only to inhance the comedy value

And you don't have to justify your character to anybody but the people you play with. I guess you would have to be one of them to know whether she's a slut anyway. smile.gif
Aku
QUOTE (akimbo)
Besides, what's so sexy about the dressup game? I didn't think it was anything all too provocative or inappropriate.

Personally, i find the "dress-down" part so much more fun than "dress up" rotfl.gif
mintcar
I made a sketch of your character Akimbo. But I'm swedish and don't have any grasp of feet and pounds, so I totally missed that she's suposed to be tall. In my picture she's rather petite.
Squinky
Heh. Akimbo, I think the character is a cool looking character, the flash stuff is cool also. I played around in flash four, but never got to far. The art tools can be wonky to someone used to pixel art...

I'll add you guys to the list.
mintcar
Akimbo

Hope you don't mind me stealing a few submitions Squinky. I don't think I do this often enough to have my own art thread.
Squinky
Totally cool Mintcar, I dig your art and would love to see you do more. I like the picture of Akimbo, seems like you captured the tom-boy feel that I got from looking at the other pictures, good deal man. I want to do her up to though, heh. I just think she is a cool character.

Anyways, this picture leaves me wondering how it will be recieved, but anyways:

Nick01200's Razorblade

She's a little boobtastic....
Akimbo
QUOTE (mintcar @ Feb 15 2006, 08:01 PM)
Akimbo

Hope you don't mind me stealing a few submitions Squinky. I don't think I do this often enough to have my own art thread.

It's a little different than what I'm used to, but I like it. Thanks a bunch, mintcar! I really appreciate you drawing her. I love you with mouth! (Not really)

Squinky: Is my character really all that interesting looking? I think she's kinda plain mostly.
nick012000
QUOTE (Squinky)
Totally cool Mintcar, I dig your art and would love to see you do more. I like the picture of Akimbo, seems like you captured the tom-boy feel that I got from looking at the other pictures, good deal man. I want to do her up to though, heh. I just think she is a cool character.

Anyways, this picture leaves me wondering how it will be recieved, but anyways:

Nick01200's Razorblade

She's a little boobtastic....

Okay... no offense, but she looks like a male-to-female transexual. nyahnyah.gif
Squinky
Akimbo
Hey yeah I like the character. Maybe it was the presentation though, heh.

Nick
Sorry, I spent a good couple hours on it, so I can't say I didn't try. I wasn't happy with her face, but I called it good. I really don't agree with the transexual thing, but then again, I am biased I guess...Tell ya what, if you want I'll do her up again. Give me some more concrete description of her such as:
An actress that she may look like, what hair style, stuff like that. I'll try and trim her up some and give it another go.

Anyways, heres the next one:

Kasheu's Human Adept
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012