Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
wargear
this is all going brilliantly. looking forward to more smile.gif

(800th reply...heavy)
Jame J
Trogo's sketch is nice, but not quite right to me (a bit too square on the chin and a bit too straight on the hair). Squinky knows how I feel though. wink.gif

It's still great art.
Squinky
Okay, here is the an attempt at revising Cadmus's character closer to his vision:

Cadmus Sketch #2

Awaiting approval.

I'll try and get another shot up at Trogo here soonish.

Cadmus
looks good man smile.gif
Squinky
I'm still here, just having life get in my way on this. I have plans made to hit art after work every night this week, so hopefully I'll get this rolling better soon.
Zolhex
Squinky we've said it before and I am sure we'll say it again take your time do your thing and thanks for all your hard free work.
Squinky

Thanks man, I guess I am just the apologetic type smile.gif

Cadmuses picture finished
Kyoto Kid
..sweet. I like the two different weapons ('course I am always partial to revolvers). He looks confident if not even a bit "relaxed".
Squinky
Thanks Kyoto.

Here is a revised version of Trogo's sketch:

Trogo Revision
Kyoto Kid
...I love the Jacket and tie. Gives him that "Falling Down" look (excellent film).
Squinky
Jumped ahead here:

BishopMcQ's Carter sketch

Edit:

Also:

Satyr's Zion Sketch

Edit again:

Waregears Chrono and Silver sketch
BishopMcQ
Very nice. I like the coin flip and the straight coat. He seems to be weighing outcomes and the coat conceals as much as it projects.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the final piece.
Jame J
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks Kyoto.

Trogo Revision

Hmmm... Won't work for me. Please let me see it!
Squinky
Heh, I don't know why it isn't showing to you, but I uploaded it elsewhere for ya:

Trogo Revised Reuploaded

Hopefully that does it.
Kyoto Kid
...what a trifecta. Been a busy weekend I see.

Carter:

As BishopMcQ mentioned, the coin flip really helps make the character. Often it is the small nuances which can really bring a personality to life.

Zion:

Very nice action pose. A bit stocky & muscular compared to a typical elf, but then who says shadowrunners are at all "typical"? Heck I always like to say a little Bone Lacing and Muscle Augmentation can do a body good.

Chrono and Silver:

Excellent duo pic. I like the tats on Chronos' arms (read the full description of the characters) looks like he's ready for a bit of fisticuffs (after which he'll probably buy you a pint at the pub). Would like to see him wearing his hard hat. Silver, ahh I can see it would be hard to say "no" to her during a deal. Again, I like the background story, particularly her being a burnout adept gone chrome & bio.

All in all some really sweet work, I can't wait to se the finished versions.

BTW, given any thought to the Skate/KK swimsuit pic? Looks like the original thread was pulled down by the undertow, so it may be better to post it here. Pity, I have finished the final draft of the Leela Swimsuit sketch. Looks like I'll have to go to Kinkos or some place like that to get it scanned since I am unable to get the scanner I have to boot up. Ah what can I say, it was free anyway.

BTW 2, I also see you've added Da Brat to the list. Nice.
Squinky
Thanks Kyoto, I recieved and reviewed your reply Pm and will get something going soonish. Next I plan on reworking BishopMcQ's carter or Trogo, which ever comes first.

Here is Zion all done:

Saytr's Zion
Zolhex
I like the broken wall and the idea it is cutting off certian words
Kyoto Kid
...wow, now with the ink & toning that is really nice. notworthy.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Holy WOW. I can't WAIT to see Skate + KK...

Speaking of not waiting, I'll toss another one onto the pile, for shits and giggles.

Bubba the Love Troll.

Yes, that's right. I went there. The running gag of dumpshock, lurker of every possible prison cell the player's male elf could get thrown into, from a Lone Star drunk tank to Hollywood to a Tir (Na nOg) quintiple-black max slam.

I'll give no specifications on this one, other than the name. Have fun with it.
Kyoto Kid
...uhh, didn't I see him in the last thread I was on. Boy, he sure gets around don't he?
Squinky
Yeah, that character ought to be a treat smile.gif
Squinky
Heres a shot at redoing Carter:

Carter redone sketch
Kyoto Kid
...wow., The "camera angle" lends a nice dynamic. Since it is the prelim and fairly light, I am wondering, is that a little spy drone hovering behind him?
Squinky
Yeah, it is. I think I will rework it though, it looks a little clunky. I am hoping to have it be a light source for a more interesting effect.
Squinky
Here is a pic I just did for myself smile.gif. Been a good while since I got to do something like that:

Squinky's Nameless Ork Chick

I inked with a paintbrush pen, all except for the face, playing around with different media.

I was going to post it in the swimsuit thread....but its gone...
BishopMcQ
Squinky--I love the rework! All the small details and nuances are really coming out this time, which I didn't see a lot of on the previous piece.

I noticed that the sketch was light, but when I darkened it in photoshop, the details with the sign and drone behind Carter started to come out. This time through the coat has a lot more detail and the character seems more alive than before. (The difference between a candid shot and one framed for photography, if you know what I mean.)

Out of curiousity, what is the item on the back of his hand? It looks similar to a Link from Babylon 5.

PS--The swimsuit thread is here. It just slid down because there hasn't been a new post since June 11.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Squinky)
Here is a pic I just did for myself smile.gif. Been a good while since I got to do something like that:

I inked with a paintbrush pen, all except for the face, playing around with different media.

eek.gif

I....

I....

Would hit it.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)

...uh, nice very nice. Less Elves (they're too damned skinny anyway), more Orcs, Trolls & Dwarves I say....and, oh yes, Humans. Maybe I should have you do an SS pic of Markova sometime. She got a lot of complements.

QUOTE (Squinky)

Yeah, I think the Swimsuit thread put the last finger up & finally went under to sleep wi' da fishes. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Guess no one will ever see the Leela pic I did (mind you it is "PG 13") unless I open my own art thread. The only thing I would be hard pressed to take any requests since one drawing can take a couple weeks to finish.

QUOTE (KK)
Since it is the prelim and fairly light, I am wondering, is that a little spy drone hovering behind him?

QUOTE ( Squinky)
Yeah, it is. I think I will rework it though, it looks a little clunky. I am hoping to have it be a light source for a more interesting effect.

...I kind of like it. It has a Crimson Skies kind of look to it.
Saytr
Squinky Zion looks great i couldnt have imagined a better drawing of him in a action shot with his two Ares slivers, plus all the details like his COM and belt utilities and his wares are all great.
Squinky
QUOTE (BishopMcQ)
Squinky--I love the rework! All the small details and nuances are really coming out this time, which I didn't see a lot of on the previous piece.

I noticed that the sketch was light, but when I darkened it in photoshop, the details with the sign and drone behind Carter started to come out. This time through the coat has a lot more detail and the character seems more alive than before. (The difference between a candid shot and one framed for photography, if you know what I mean.)

Out of curiousity, what is the item on the back of his hand? It looks similar to a Link from Babylon 5.

PS--The swimsuit thread is here. It just slid down because there hasn't been a new post since June 11.

The glove thing is something I picked up from an old comic I used to read Called "The Spirit". I don't remember much about it, but it was kind of a prohibition era comic and the main characters gloves had these three yellow lines on it, I've always thought that was cool. I can't find an image of it online anywhere though, so you'll have to trust me on this smile.gif

I'm glad you like it McQ, I might take awhile on it though, as I am attempting to digitally paint it.

Thanks again all.
Squinky
QUOTE (Saytr)
Squinky Zion looks great i couldnt have imagined a better drawing of him in a action shot with his two Ares slivers, plus all the details like his COM and belt utilities and his wares are all great.

Awesome bro! I really love it when they turn out well.

wargear
QUOTE (Squinky)
Waregears Chrono and Silver sketch

Looking good. Great in fact. Can't wait to see the finished inks.

These have been fantastic Squinky.
Kyoto Kid
...Ahh, The Spirit, Excellent title. I have a number of issues in my collection.
Jame J
QUOTE (Squinky)
Thanks Kyoto.

Trogo Revision

... Yes. Thank you!
Jame J
QUOTE (Squinky)

A proper Ork Chick. I like! grinbig.gif
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
Guess no one will ever see the Leela pic I did

Tease.
Kyoto Kid
...well it would result in some serious thread necromancy beyond CPR or even an HOG.

I believe it's lifeless waterlogged corpse has fallen back to at least p. 10 on the SR4 forum by now.
Squinky
Well, its not necromancy if you have something of value to add to it smile.gif

Go to the swimsuit thread here

Link courtesy of BishopMcQ of course.

Here is Trogo all inked up as well:

Trogo the Tagger inked up

Thanks all.
Kyoto Kid
...Trogo: Very nice indeed. Now that is my type of "management technique" (hmmm may have to use it to keep those salespeople in line biggrin.gif)

Devilrats! now you are forcing me to go and get a scan done and find someone with good touch up software. grinbig.gif

...guess it's kind of fitting that she will be the first piece in my DeviantArt gallery.
Squinky
I was going to try and paint this image, but it didn't work out well smile.gif

So I decided to mess around with my markers, hope its still cool:

Carter, Infiltration level 3

If this picture picture sticks, I will prolly be on hiatus from this thread for a week, I have some other art I have to put priority on. Unless I missed it, I am still waiting for approval from Waregear also.

ShadowDragon8685
Very, very awesome.

Though that drone does look very Crimson Skies. Not that that's a bad thing.
BishopMcQ
Very sweet! Thanks Squinky for all the hard work on this one. It projects the feeling of Carter very well. The drone and the details in the coat and gloves are great.

Thanks again!!
Kyoto Kid
...wo... excellent work. Glad you kept the drone.
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Though that drone does look very Crimson Skies.

...that's what I thought too. Personally, I like it.
Squinky
Glad it is well recieved, but I am now really wondering what "Crimson Skies" is.....
Kyoto Kid
...it was another game put out by FASA several years ago. Kind a of period 1930's Hollywood styled Aieral Adventure setting - Think Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Microsquish has since taken the property over and turned it into a PC/Console game.
ShadowDragon8685
The PC game, to be fair, is by far one of my more favorite flight games, beating (with a stick) Jane's Attack Squadron.
Squinky
Ah, thanks again for the info.
Zolhex
Hey Squinky I saw the art for the swimsuit but you didn'y post the namesless ork chic for that I think you need to add her to the swimsuit stuff too.
Zolhex
Ok so I just got access to Emergence and I didn't even make it a page before I find out Squinky has been a bad boy high jacking a Gridcab in Seattle bad Squinky
Squinky
Yeah, I about crapped my self with happyness when I found out smile.gif. Pretty awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012