Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
It may not "show" anything, but the posture (and the fact he's holding lube) seems to indicate that forcible penetration is imminant. Which is, to my way of mind, far more naughty than a simple, friendly 'comparing boobs and tatoos at the pool'.

..well the KK - Skate pic is still on the forthcoming list.

he also did a solo of KK here (the link is listed on the first page of the thread but I'll put one here anyway):

KK at the pool

True it is a 3/4 side view but very nicely and tastefully done.

As to Bubba, rotfl.gif I'll have to get a print of this when he's finished to use when characters end up in the local Star Lockup...

Raven and Phoenix (hmm...feel like I'm talking about a Marvel/DC crossover)

Very nice, Esepcially l love.giflove.gif ve Raven, the pose, setting, and expression are wonderful
ShadowDragon8685
Raven is very nice, yes...

As for the use of the bubba pic, that's just evil, KK. I love it!
wargear
I look forward to introducing Bubba to my players...particularly the habitual elf player...
Squinky
ShadowDragon8685
You have a good point, you got me on that one smile.gif I guess I was just inspired.

I'll go ahead and ink up Margho's character then and the Love Troll.

Thanks for the comments guys.

ShadowDragon8685
Bubba the Love Troll is hi-larious. Can't wait to see it get inked. smile.gif
Zolhex
Bubba the Love Troll was posted and today I said something to a friend of mine who has decided to run a few games so I get a chance to play. all I can say is after my coment about my dwarf not being the biggest threat when his troll npc sees the team. His response was bah I'd go for him just so I could pull a Bubba the Love Troll action on your dwarf!

That is so wrong in so many ways thanks for putting such great ideas into my friends head ShadowDragon8685 I may just need to hunt you down and kill you now grinbig.gif

Squinky keep up the most excellent work!
Momijizukamori
Oh man, sweet art. I'm both horrified and deeply, deeply amused by Bubba the Love Troll rotfl.gif

I'm feeling self-indulgent tonight, so I'll add my current gal to the list.

Ally: Caucasian human female, definately on the small side - 5'1"-ish. She's 18, but looks a few years younger, both in build and in facial features. Just past shoulder-length pink hair, somewhere between curly and frizzy (hair dye starts to do that after a while). No 'ware, as she's a technomancer. She's the resident rigger/hacker/mechanic, loooves tech and gadgets (and guns, although she only owns three). Style is something along the lines of Japanese decora meets cybergoth - girly (in the '80s cartoon-pop bright colours and chunky plastic jewelry' sense, not the 'lacy frilly lolita' sense) paired with big black combat boots and old-school oversized data goggles. Insatiably cheerful (which I think horrifies one of our other players entirely, and thus makes me even more gleeful).

I made a Candybar pixel doll of her a while back, but it doesn't quite do her justice - the Candybar clothes selections are entirely too full of sparkles >.>
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Momijizukamori)
I'm feeling self-indulgent tonight, so I'll add my current gal to the list.

Ally: Caucasian human female, definately on the small side - 5'1"-ish. She's 18, but looks a few years younger, both in build and in facial features. Just past shoulder-length pink hair, somewhere between curly and frizzy (hair dye starts to do that after a while). No 'ware, as she's a technomancer. She's the resident rigger/hacker/mechanic, loooves tech and gadgets (and guns, although she only owns three). Style is something along the lines of Japanese decora meets cybergoth -  girly (in the '80s cartoon-pop bright colours and chunky plastic jewelry' sense, not the 'lacy frilly lolita' sense) paired with big black combat boots and old-school oversized data goggles. Insatiably cheerful (which I think horrifies one of our other players entirely, and thus makes me even more gleeful).

I made a Candybar pixel doll of her a while back, but it doesn't quite do her justice - the Candybar clothes selections are entirely too full of sparkles >.>

...ohmigod, and I thought my little mad bomber pianist Leela was too gowdawfulcuteandsweet. grinbig.gif (with sparkles on the grin)
Momijizukamori
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

...ohmigod, and I thought my little mad bomber pianist Leela was too gowdawfulcuteandsweet. grinbig.gif (with sparkles on the grin)

Hehe, glad to know I'm not the only one - sounds like the two of them would get along well biggrin.gif The one before her was your more typical tough go-ganger girl with a lot of black leather in her closet, but Ally is just so much fun, particularly when she's throwing everyone else for a loop
Kyoto Kid
...Leela has quite a story behind her.

As a character, she was a total blast (sorry biggrin.gif ) to play. Though 18 at the time of her SINLess career, she had the nature and outlook of a 12 year old combined with a genius intellect, an uncanny inventiveness, a magnificent gift for music, and a penchant for making things go *BigBadaBoom* [her words]

I was actually able to play Leela to her retirement from the shadows which culminated with a Nova Hot (in the classical sense) Debut at New Royal Festival Hall (we adapted the performance rules from Shadowbeat). By that time I had invested over 70 Karma just into her performance, music knowledge skills, & Charisma.

In the follow-up story (part of which was run as a campaign) she went on to become Europe's most celebrated keyboard artist and became an inspiration for her nation's (Croatia) fight for freedom from nearly ten years of occupation and unrest.

Yes, there can be a bit of brightness in the shadows once in a while.
Smilin_Jack
Now that I'm no longer the GM for our group, thanks to a well timed TPK, I present Hitomi.

Created in anticipation of the release of Corporate Enclaves and my first (as a player anyway) street level game in Tokyo, she is a college dropout and go-ganger/aspiring OnmyÅ?dÅ?.
ShadowDragon8685
Ooooooh, niiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Smilin_Jack)
Now that I'm no longer the GM for our group, thanks to a well timed TPK, I present Hitomi.

Created in anticipation of the release of Corporate Enclaves and my first (as a player anyway) street level game in Tokyo, she is a college dropout and go-ganger/aspiring OnmyÅ?dÅ?.

...oh my word.... love.gif

....what drawing/paint tools did you use?
Smilin_Jack
Well, as per my previous posts I was originally using DAZ Studio to do the work - but after many months of working with that tool and figuring out exactly what I could do and not do, I switched over to Poser and Carrara Pro.

I've also scoured the web for models, hints, and tricks for what has turned into my other addiction. wink.gif

Here's what I'm thinking her bike looks like.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Smilin_Jack)
Well, as per my previous posts I was originally using DAZ Studio to do the work - but after many months of working with that tool and figuring out exactly what I could do and not do, I switched over to Poser and Carrara Pro.

I've also scoured the web for models, hints, and tricks for what has turned into my other addiction. wink.gif

Here's what I'm thinking her bike looks like.

...slick.

So being an old school pencil and pen pusher myself, I'm not familiar with a lot of the new graphics 'ware.

Who makes Poser and Carrera & the "64,000 nuyen.gif" question, what do they cost?
Smilin_Jack
DAZ3D makes both DAZ Studio (which is free), Carrara 3D Express, and Carrara 6 Standard/Pro.

DAZ Studio is $0
Carrara 3D Express is $90
Carrara 6 Standard is $250
Carrara 6 Pro is $550

e-frontiers makes Poser, which runs $250.

If you've never worked with any 3D packages before, I'd recommend either DAZ Studio or Carrara 3D Express to get started with. Both are good programs, capable of rendering the image I just showed you with no problem.
Kyoto Kid
...Is Express 3d upgradeable to Standard/Pro or a standalone? Important when shelling out the " nuyen.gif "

Also who makes & what does Daz Studio go for

(for my X-Mas wish list of course...) grinbig.gif
Smilin_Jack
DAZ Studio is free, made by the same folks who make Carrara.

Carrara 3D Express is upgradeable to Carrara 6 Standard for $160 or to Carrara 6 Pro for $460.

Unless you want Network Rendering, and a few other high end editing options - there is no need for Carrara 6 Pro.

Free
DAZ Studio - $0

Mid Level Program
Carrara 3D Express - $90

High End Program
Poser 7 - $250
Carrara 6 Standard - $250

Professional
Carrara 6 Pro - $550
Kyoto Kid
...great.

Thanks very much for the info and link. I'll download Daz when I get home tonight.

Squinky, Sorry for the slight [Derail]. wink.gif

...we now return you to the originally scheduled Character Drawings thread currently in progress...

Squinky
I used to play with poser a bit, but the most I ever used it for was making a template for walk cycles and making pixelized versions off them for my adventure games....That and making dudes with giant junk....cause I had too...smile.gif
NightLife
Hey Jack are you going to be doing some character pics as well?
shadowfire
from what i hear, DAX 3D is not that user friendly and a great pain.. i guess as far as free 3D programs go, Blender is what you should go with.
Smilin_Jack
Nightlife - possibly.

Shadowfire - If you're talking about actually creating 3D content, then yeah... Blender is the way to go. But the newer versions of DAZ are much more user friendly than they were in the past.
Kyoto Kid
...@Shadowfire Thanks. Looked at the site. Will download tonight after I get home. I did notice that without the figure plug-ins, Daz by itself is pretty difficult to use for building 3d images from scratch. However A lot of the other features like the lighting and camera angles are really nice. (just been working with rudimentary shapes to get used to the various tools). The only downside I noticed is you have to be online to use the help files.

@Smilin_Jack. First, is there a downloadable Help file like The Gimp and Inkscape? I am strictly Wi-Fi when not at work (Comcast's rates are information highway robbery) so my time on line is limited to how much caffeine I can handle (e.g. hot spot cafes).

Second, can you import images from other sources like scans or Blender into Daz?

Maybe we should just start an "art tools" discussion thread so that we don't keep derailing Squinky's. wink.gif
NightLife
I call dibs on being Jack's first 3D character potrait. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...out of courtesy to Squinky., there should have a new thread started for art requests from a different artist. wink.gif

...I agree though, it would be interesting to see how some characters look in 3d
Bastard
Squinky- Bad ass picture of Phoenix! This will definitely go into her character dossier.

Sorry for the long delay in the reply... I was off gettin hitched.
Zolhex
QUOTE (Bastard)

Oh man look out dead man walking. rotfl.gif
Kyoto Kid
...I pretty much lost one of my best long time players/GMs this way. grinbig.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (Bastard)
Squinky- Bad ass picture of Phoenix! This will definitely go into her character dossier.

Congratulations!

I'll go ahead with inking then.....Just like the others I should have finished by now smile.gif

If anyone has had problems with submersible well pumps like I have had then they would prolly understand smile.gif Owning your own home sucks...
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Squinky)
If anyone has had problems with submersible well pumps like I have had then they would prolly understand smile.gif Owning your own home sucks...

I feel your pain--50 years ago, the builders of the suburb that my parents live in did a quarter-assed job (they didn't even put in the effort to qualify as a half-assed job) on building the houses; every time it rains harder than a light rain, we need to keep a close eye on the sump pumps, least they overflow and flood.
Squinky
Bummer dude. Sounds worse than my problem then. I think I've finally got my issue figured, but I am have spent way too much time under my house smile.gif

Here is:

Marghos' Raven
marghos
Nice pose and she looks good, its truly beautiful picture of Raven, thanks again Squinky.
Kyoto Kid
...yes, most excellent.

Beautiful and deadly, a perfect combination.

Was actually on briefly last night to take a look but didn't log in since I had a really lousy connection that kept timing out on me.

BTW just downloaded some more graphics tools this weekend.
ShadowDragon8685
Very nice image, Squinkerz. Feels very...

I dunno, I kind of get a Half-Life 2/City 17 feel from it. Nice job. smile.gif
Squinky
Thanks Guys!
X-Kalibur
As always Squinky, amazing work. I bow down before your greatness.

<edit>
In the spirit of a game that has needed a remake much sooner than now (20 years later) I made a character with a cybernetic left arm that had a grappling hand. Since you do awesome work on cyber (no really, it looks amazing) I was wondering if you were willing to try your hand at it?

The basics would just be a tall human with an obvious cyberarm that has a grapple hand. I'd love to see what you can do to it with your imagination.

On that same vein really fast, the new Bionic Commando looks awesome... I can't believe it took them 20 years to make a new one =/
Squinky
I will add it to the list then smile.gif ...eventually.

Here is:

Bubba the love Troll inked
ShadowDragon8685
Wah-hah-hah-ha-haaaaaaaah!

That is perfect. Hi-larious, even. I wuv it, I wuv it! Wahahahaah!

[/goingtothespecialhell]

So, what's next? smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...that is so wonderfully wrong...

...for all the right reasons grinbig.gif

[added to my DA faves]
Zolhex
Great work as always Squinky Oh and just saw some new art for Missions great stuff as well.

Like I said before alot of your art work really makes the Missions pop for the players.
Squinky
Its awesome to hear about that Caz, thanks for letting me know. And always thanks for the feedback guys.

Also, Here is:

Bastards Phoenix Inked
ShadowDragon8685
Oooooooooooh, I like it, I like it! Mmmmm. Very nice. ^_^

Nice sword, but why is it black?
Kyoto Kid
...agreed, very nice indeed. I think the black blade makes for an interesting touch. After all, a phoenix is reborn from the ashes of its own death.

BTW, seeing the comments on (and havening viewed) your Missions work, it set me to thinking...

...I do not ever remember seeing an illustration (that I know of) of my favourite SR fluff personality, Neil The Orc Barbarian. ork.gif

...possibly one for the back burner?
Bastard
Excellent job on Phoenix!

Added to my DA favorites!
Squinky
Glad you liked it smile.gif

Here is:

Chase Sketch

I've put on some decent non shadowrun work lately on there if anyone wants something to look at smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
So you're branching out, eh?

Okay. I've got a challenge for you, if you choose to accept it.

Take any (or all, at your preference) of the following Half-Life 2 characters, and re-envision them as Shadowrun characters, taking care to make them recognizable and keep their iconic schtick.

Dr. Gordon Freeman
(Either crowbar or Gravity Gun would be acceptable)

Dr. Eli Vance
(His left lower-leg is a curving prosthetic)

Alyx Vance
(Her hairband and Alyxgun/a shotgun would be iconic. As would her denim vest.)

Dog
(Dog is Dog.)

Barney Calhoun
(Iconic because he wears the uniform armor of the enemy metropolitan police force)
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Glad you liked it smile.gif

Here is:

Chase Sketch

I've put on some decent non shadowrun work lately on there if anyone wants something to look at smile.gif

...nice. Love the "bad girl" look.

I like the Industrial background as well.

A Mage, Decker, Sammie in 3e. Tough combo to do.

Would have liked to do something like that myself but when the opponents tended to be Initiate Troll Mages, Spirits/Elementals of godawful force, Corp research facilities that needed a well equipped commando team to break into, and GDs (as the campaign I was in made us deal with) our characters all needed to be "master of something" (and damn good t it) else they were either dead or a new minion of a GD.
ShadowDragon8685
As opposed to the games where players can get away with being a riggerdecker-shamurai? smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
..yeah something like that. In my old college gaming group we had a nickname for such characters:

the "Pool Cleaner" (try to get the maximum number of dice pools a single character could have).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012