Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Drawings.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Kyoto Kid
...Squinky, just a note. Finally have Leela on the Swimsuit thread (man is Kinko's expensive...)
BishopMcQ
That all depends on the services...drop me a PM and we can talk about options...
Kyoto Kid
...wish I could but when I click on your name I get that error with the white screen like I do when clicking on My Controls.

Mods? Is this getting fixed? It's been nearly a week now.
Fortune
Click on the '0 new messages' link at the top of the page to go to your Control Panel. Dick all works there ... but PMs do (they did for me as far as I know). Just type in the person's name and you're good to go.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

Mods? Is this getting fixed? It's been nearly a week now.

How does that line the cell phone companies always use?

"That is a problem, and we're working on it."

As Fortune said, just click on the messages button to go to your PM folder, and Compose a new Message there. I know , I know, it's a whole 'nother two screens. Annoys the crap out of me too. But yes, something is being doe to fix it as well as a few other issues. And no I don't have a time frame. Although I would expect at least another week.

Oh, and don't shoot the messenger.
Kyoto Kid
...not so much the bother of the extra screens as the faux pas of messing up on the recipient's name typing it in manually (& having it go to the "dead PM file"). Were it not for spell checkers, my life would be unbearable.

...lysdexics untie!

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Oh, and don't shoot the messenger.

...never had the intention to and seriously, thanks for the update.
Squinky
Kyoto, Didin't realize I never said this yet, but loved the image. Definately should do more if your health allows.

You got me going on a deviant art account though. It's all new to me, but here it is if anyone cares:

Squinky's Deviant art page

I only have uploaded a couple images so far, only one that I haven't posted here. I may start to post some older mission images if I can, so there will be some unseen stuff there.....

Kyoto Kid
...many thanks. I was just about to send a comment since I was on DA earlier and this evening came across several of your works while searching for Shadowrun art.

I really like DA a lot, some pretty awesome stuff there. Being a member has lit a fire that will probably be responsible for an increase in my monthly Advil budget.

Yeah, my big issue is getting stuff scanned. I do not have a working scanner so I am kind of stuck going to Kinko's (at $18 per hour). I did however just download both GIMP and Inkscape so at least I have some tools to work with.

I do plan to get some scans made of some of my previous stuff within the next week or so. Not all of it is Shadowrun & some of it goes back more than a few years. Some is just quick sketches I did during game sessions but they captured the moment.

I also think that I just committed myself to doing the Troll Figure Skater (see the Necessary Commlinks? thread on SR4). Inspired by James McMurray's signature. I think I'll call her, Tonya...

...be scared...be very scared, and wear good knee protection. grinbig.gif
Zolhex
QUOTE (Squinky)
I may start to post some older mission images if I can, so there will be some unseen stuff there.....

Bah I've seen the Missions stuff rotfl.gif oh wait that's probably due to the fact that I’m a commando wink.gif

I'll also toss out there yet again there have been times your art has helped to visualize the setting for the players.
Squinky
Kyoto

I use one of those hundred dollar combo printer/copier/scanner things you can get at walmart, works fine for me, and it came with some rudimentary software for working the scan over.

Cazasil

It's awesome to hear that the art helps out. It's my top priority art wise, so thats sweet hearing you guys like it.

holychampion
Kyoto: I concur w/ Squinky I bought a
hp all in one and thats what I've been using.
Squinky
WareGears Characters finally done smile.gif

WareGears Silver and Chrono

Hopefully its okay that I link to my deviantart site smile.gif

I know I have been told not to make apologies for my tardiness, but sorry anyway.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jul 30 2007, 11:49 PM)

I know I have been told not to make apologies for my tardiness, but sorry anyway.

...ooooh very nice. Well worth the wait.

[edit]
Just saw who's next up on the list...
Squinky
Heh, I hope you don't mind a little more of a wait smile.gif. I know that for sure I have about 5 other images that I have to do first that aren't part of this thread. I try and work on these images in the waiting period in between submitting the sketch and recieving the go ahead for inks.

Kyoto Kid
...not a prob.

I'll PM later.

--KK
Squinky
Looking forward to it smile.gif
Squinky
Heres a picture I just finished for my Wife, it's a Shadowrun version of her smile.gif

Squinky's Cyber-Wife
Fortune
I want one! wink.gif
Squinky
A character drawing, or a shadowrun version of yourself? Either way I'm up to it, if you want a version of yourself though, I probably need some reference material smile.gif
Trigger
I think he may mean a copy of your wife wink.gif
Fortune
A cyber-wife! biggrin.gif wink.gif

I'll put my name in for another sketch after others get their chance. wink.gif
wargear
QUOTE (Squinky)

Thought I told you not to apologise...

Anyways, thanks for the sketches. They're fantastic. I can just picture Chronos taking off his suit jacket and rolling up his sleeves before dealing with the latest hostile corporate takeover...the old fashioned way. biggrin.gif

I'm kinda looking forward to my next campaign...I'll definately be pulling out some of these pics as source material...
Zolhex
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jul 31 2007, 11:08 PM)
Heres a picture I just finished for my Wife, it's a Shadowrun version of her smile.gif

Squinky's Cyber-Wife

No offence here but DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if that's your wife why do you fill you spare time drawing I'd be more inclined to pay attention to her.
Jame J
QUOTE (Casazil)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Jul 31 2007, 11:08 PM)

Squinky's Cyber-Wife

No offence here but DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if that's your wife why do you fill you spare time drawing I'd be more inclined to pay attention to her.

AAAAAA-MEN!

Though watch out if she ever gets chromed like that!
Squinky
Heh yeah. I don't think she ever would get cyber though, she thinks its icky to cut out and replace parts of yourself....weird huh? She flat out won't get cyber-eyes on her characters, just for that reason smile.gif

ShadowDragon8685
Hey squinky, as a question, how's that drawing of Skate and KK coming along?

Or was it posted and I somehow completely failed to see it?
Squinky
Haven't started it yet, although it is next on my list here, I think.

I have a couple of other pics I am doing up and a paid commission that has priority currently though. But the time is almost near smile.gif

I think I have enough info to get a start on it though, and depending on how things play out, I will probably get some sketches out to you guys soonish....
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Heh yeah. I don't think she ever would get cyber though, she thinks its icky to cut out and replace parts of yourself....weird huh? She flat out won't get cyber-eyes on her characters, just for that reason smile.gif

...believe it or not, only one of my characters ever had cyber eyes, that was Lana Lane (needed them for the Dr Spot cyber cam). None of my other characters, even sammy's like Gracie or tekkies like Diamond ICe and Violet had cyber replacement. Kind of feel the same way.

When I was designing Leela, I thought it would be cool to have the built in retractable rollerblades...

...that was until I saw how much cyber feet matched to her Quickness cost. Basically she could have bought an Ares Mob Master and had a nice pile of change left over for tricking it out.
Squinky
Sorry for jumping around, but had some time to doodle away from my house and did up a version of:

Nezumi's Drop bear Sable

smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
*clap clap clap clap clap*
Trigger
Hurray, drop bear love!!!
Kyoto Kid
...take me drop bear back jack
take me drop bear back
he lives out on the mack, jack
now take me drop bear back

...alltrogetherrnow!

...it's all in the Eucalyptus, mate.

..apologies to Rolf Harris.
Trigger
rotfl.gif LMAO
Squinky
Okay, here is the Sketch of Skate and KK together. I read and re-read all the stuff and after lots of trying I came to this image.

I couldn't find the old character description for KK in my inbox do I went with my old picture and Holychampions picture for reference. Hope it worked out okay.

KK and Skate sketch

Edit----Also, does anyone know a work around for the Pming problem on this board? I am currently unable to send PMs to folk and let them know...

Edit 2:

Bibliophile's Hawk sketch
Kyoto Kid
...hmm, I just forwarded a PM off with a few details of KKs appearance just a moment ago.

...anyway, looks pretty good so far. I like the big eyed orc kid getting an eyeful.

About the only thing I can mention is that KK's arms look a bit thin She is a bit more on the muscular/athletic side (Strength of 5 with Unarmed combat skill 5), otherwise her proportions are perfect. The back tattoo looks sweet and the cowboy boots are a wonderful touch.

[edit]

...omigod, just opened at the sketch of Hawk and he looks excellent. I love the style and pose.
Squinky
Pm recieved. I guess my issue is that I can initiate Pms when I click on peoples names....

Glad you like Hawk, hope biblio likes it too.....

Here is a sketch for:

Kyoto Kids The Brat Sketch
Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...omigod, just opened at the sketch of Hawk and he looks excellent. I love the style and pose.

Yep! That's one of my favorites so far.
Fortune
QUOTE (Squinky)
I guess my issue is that I can initiate Pms when I click on peoples names....

But if you click on the 'X new messages' link at the top of the page, you can access your mailbox that way and then send your PMs (by typing in the recipient's nickname).
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Pm recieved. I guess my issue is that I can initiate Pms when I click on peoples names....

Glad you like Hawk, hope biblio likes it too.....

Here is a sketch for:

Kyoto Kids The Brat Sketch

... love.gif love.gif love.gif

She looks so sweet...

...just what she wants you to believe.

One tiny technical matter, the skates. You may want to take a look at present day inline skates. Or if you wish (since she is a fan of roller derby) give her a pair of the conventional skates they use in matches.

Here in Portland good ol' rock'em sock'em Roller Derby has found a new popularity thanks to the Rose City Rollers.

...as out motto says Keep Portland Weird
Squinky
Heh, glad you liked her man.

On the skates, I'm just going off of your description:

Nona usually gets around via rollerblades (has the latest Z-Line™ retractable rollerblade boots, kind of like a high tech version of the sneakers kids have in RL today with the concealed roller wheels) or Skatebaord.

I took that to mean something else then it meant apparently, but its no big deal to change smile.gif

I'll get her inked up soon then.
Squinky
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 6 2007, 10:34 AM)
I guess my issue is that I can initiate Pms when I click on peoples names....

But if you click on the 'X new messages' link at the top of the page, you can access your mailbox that way and then send your PMs (by typing in the recipient's nickname).

Awesome, thank you smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 5 2007, 07:58 PM)
Heh, glad you liked her man.

On the skates, I'm just going off of your description:

Nona usually gets around via rollerblades (has the latest Z-Line™ retractable rollerblade boots, kind of like a high tech version of the sneakers kids have in RL today with the concealed roller wheels) or Skatebaord.

I took that to mean something else then it meant apparently, but its no big deal to change smile.gif

I'll get her inked up soon then.

...I guess I kind of pictured them more like a wearable version of the Cyberskates in Man & Machine.

[edit]

Just viewed the sketch again this morning at work. Was outside at a cafe yesterday so glare was an issue in being able to see details. Also been a while since I looked at the description I sent ("old timers" disease creeping in biggrin.gif ). At the time it appeared like the wheels on her right foot skate were "side by side" trucks instead of inline.
Bastard
Are you looking for more characters to draw?
Squinky
Sure, this thread is always open for more.
Squinky
Here is:

Kyoto Kid's the Brat

Hope the skates are better smile.gif
ShadowDragon8685
Just saw the sketch, Squinky. Interesting... But who wears a gun-belt to the pool?

Also, I dunno what the kid is so wide-eyed about. Since you've declined to draw them even barechested, all he's seeing is at best bikini model material - bikini models brandishing guns. Maybe he should be a bit more scared that he's about to get capped, since there's not really enough there to be excited enough to override fear of imminant bodily harm.

Still, good.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky)
Here is:

Kyoto Kid's the Brat

Hope the skates are better smile.gif

...ohh very, very sweet. I totally love it! love.gif notworthy.gif love.gif

Looking for that next sucker...er "business opportunity".

She's devinitely going into my faves when I get home.
ShadowDragon8685
Oh wow. The brat is... Awesome.

I should be running the other way as fast as I can run/drive, shoulden't I? smile.gif
Bastard
Groovy! Here is Phoenix:
[ Spoiler ]
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Aug 7 2007, 10:04 AM)
Oh wow. The brat is... Awesome.

I should be running the other way as fast as I can run/drive, shoulden't I? smile.gif

...if you value your commlink, your bank balance, your keycard... grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012