Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
farothel
Just so you know I'll be away on holiday from today until the 23rd of August. While I do have WiFi (normally) along the way, I will be slower in responding. But given the state of the game at the moment, I don't think it's going to be a big issue.
pbangarth
Have fun! No pictures ... it didn't happen.
Crossbow
Hi folks. I am still alive. Not in a headspace to do much now, but I will be soon.
pbangarth
Vegetarian diet and meditation, Crossbow. I swear at by it.
farothel
Or a long holiday. That's my way. In september I'll be out for 4 weeks of diving, 2 of which I won't have any internet at all. Little detox.
Crossbow
So, does just shy of 5 months count as "soon"? Just looking to see if you three are still around.
pbangarth
"It ... it ... it LIVES!"

Glad to see it is so.
Necrogigas
I'm here.
Crossbow
Anyone heard from Faro?
farothel
Sorry, I've been out on holiday and just returned and now I have a terrible cold, so I haven't been checking this site as often as I used to.

I'm okay with continuing, but I think I need a recap.
Crossbow
Figured that was coming. I will get on that.
Crossbow
Update as requested.

Torley (or is it Custer now?) seems determined to make his situation as bad as possible. After initiating Adegoke’s forces’ attack on the compound, he is now trapped in the washer woman’s apartment with a sniper on the stairs, confused at conflicting orders from his NCO.

Starlet and Silence are confronting what is now a free spirit, its caster being unconscious.

Bullet Storm is, for some reason, trying to get to the main building. I thought he was supposed to be distracting people from what is going on in there?

Still need to figure out where we are in the turn order.
Necrogigas
With seditionist reinforcements and the army at his back now, Con has no clean exit route and is about to be surrounded. His new plan is to get the compound guards between him and the army. Then when the two factions are engaged, and Starlet has the idol, he can head through the main building and slip out that way.

I defended my thought process on this plan in greater detail in this post.
Crossbow
Okay, that made sense at the time, but not anymore. The military forces are actually coming through the neighborhood and engaging the front of the house and the street between the front door and the gate. Con is not between anyone. You have killed everyone behind you. The Uzochi reinforcements can't cross the road without getting cut down by the military, and can't see what they would be running into because of your smoke.. You have all this because Lil Homie is doing his job BTW.

It is also about to get extra hairy since Con can see that the Spirit that was hovering over the yard has manifested and seems to be interested in the main building too.
Crossbow
It would be too difficult to try and figure where anyone is in a turn order, so I am going to post that summary (dressed up a bit) and start a new round. Initiatives and first actions, please.
pbangarth
Wow. It's been so long, I had to look up how to do initiative in SR4A.

Initiative7 ==> 7 dice: 2 hits

Initiative score = 7 + 2 =9

First action depends on what happens before the action comes. If the force(s) coming up the stairs go away, then he will wipe his brow and go to the window again. If they continue up he will ... die? If they dither, he might capitalize on that.
Necrogigas
Initiative: 10d6t5 4
Init Score: 14

If Con doesn't have to worry about what's at his back now, he'll continue to engage the guards in the courtyard.
pbangarth
"Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)" was bound to get Torley sooner or later. Only so many times you can roll the dice with your life on the line. I'm gonna try real hard to keep him alive.

Just as a matter of interest, how far down is the ground from the window? And, yes, I know there's a shitload of soldiers out there, too. Just a thought.

Hmmm. With Kinesics, Torley has 15 dice to throw for Leadership or Negotiation or Con (Fast talk) . Hmmm.

And Edge! Good for jump or bullshit!

Oh shit. Kinesics doesn't work through a door.
Necrogigas
Is there any cover near that devil looking spirit?
Crossbow
The kitchen building itself is maybe 3 meters square but taking cover behind it would put your smoke at your back.
Necrogigas
Isn't the smoke already behind him? The smoke grenade popped at the threshold of the gate on the right of the map and O'Connor continued into the courtyard from that entrance.
Crossbow
Just saying you have options of keeping things in front, but taking cover by the kitchen is not one of them
Necrogigas
Okay...? I still have no idea what you're trying to tell me. The external combatants are currently not a threat to O'Connor and the internal ones are not affected by the smoke, so I don't get why it matters where he is in relation to it.
pbangarth
Any chance we could get a picture of the compound showing where various members of the team are now, where the opposing forces are, where the smoke is, and where the two spirits are?

That would help a lot for all concerned.
pbangarth
Thanks!
Necrogigas
I'm still completely lost on what you're trying to tell me Crossbow. I'm just moving on at this point.
Crossbow
Probably best, it isn't relevant anyway.

Did I miss Starlet initiative?
Necrogigas
Faro hasn't rolled initiative, but we're all isolated from one another, so you could move the initiative pass forward without much issue. That is, if you don't have some sneaky GM trick incoming. wink.gif
farothel
Here's my initiative: initiative
3 hits, so initiative 10 with 2 IP
farothel
is that str. vs forceX2 or str. vs force rolling two times?
Crossbow
Two actions, rolling force vs Str
pbangarth
Alright! Starlet is dodging spirits. O'Connor is dodging bullets. And Torley is dodging the law.

All is as it should be!
farothel
sorry for the delay, but I had issues with getting on the site.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Jan 28 2023, 02:04 PM) *
Two actions, rolling force vs Str

Here it is. I don't think I have much chance here.
strenght: 2#3d6t5 0 1
Necrogigas
Did Con take out Jambo?
How many guards are left in the courtyard?
What's the split on who's focusing on the spirits versus who's focusing on O'Connor?
pbangarth
Is somebody waiting for something from me?
Necrogigas
I'm waiting on Crossbow.
Crossbow
Not questioning, but how does Bullet gwt 14d6 for thw DR check?

The AK-97 is a 6P with AP-1.

By my read that is 1 box of damage.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Feb 18 2023, 02:55 PM) *
Spirit rolls force if unbound or force+summoner's magic if bound

Force plus edge actually as per Street Magic. Not that it mattered they rolled like crap.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Feb 22 2023, 05:46 AM) *
Not questioning, but how does Bullet gwt 14d6 for thw DR check?

The AK-97 is a 6P with AP-1.

By my read that is 1 box of damage.

Body 4, Armored Vest Ballistic 6, and Form Fitting Half Body Suit Ballistic 4
pbangarth
Yeah, yeah. Armour doesn't help against Torley's silver-tongue bullets!

Of course, the gag he currently suffers is a bit of a pain. frown.gif
pbangarth
Huh. It helps to read over the equipment list once in a while. Torley has a sub-vocal microphone!

Hmmm. Crossbow, does a commlink have the ability to go into 'speakerphone' mode?
farothel
so can we now do our second IP? I'm a bit confused at the moment.

And did the spirit I tried to banish go away?
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Mar 4 2023, 06:36 AM) *
so can we now do our second IP? I'm a bit confused at the moment.

And did the spirit I tried to banish go away?

It dud not, but you definitely affected it
pbangarth
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 3 2023, 11:17 AM) *
Huh. It helps to read over the equipment list once in a while. Torley has a sub-vocal microphone!

Hmmm. Crossbow, does a commlink have the ability to go into 'speakerphone' mode?

I know this is a stretch, but it could be a fun way to surprise somebody. No Voice of course, but skill and charisma do carry through. Just ask any phone canvasser ... or scammer.
Crossbow
I have never hear of one being able to do that, but regardless you would need to be able to manipulate your comm, and be able to do it blind and without it being noticed. At this point that is really not an option.
pbangarth
OK.
pbangarth
But, the message to his teammates got through, right?
Necrogigas
Crossbow are you waiting on us for something?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012