Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Necrogigas
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 16 2024, 08:49 AM) *
Is someone waiting for a post from me?
Not sure if Crossbow is waiting on you, but you can post. O'Connor is currently trying to call the team.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 16 2024, 01:49 PM) *
Is someone waiting for a post from me?

You or faro, yes.
pbangarth
Does their hotel room has a sight line out over the water across which O'Connor is supposed to be coming?
farothel
is that spirit still there or has it gone?
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Jan 28 2024, 06:07 AM) *
is that spirit still there or has it gone?

LBD is still hanging around, checking out weird shit in the room. The lizard, some of the gear,, clothes.

pbangarth
You are really enjoying that little guy, aren't you, Crossbow?
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 31 2024, 09:52 PM) *
You are really enjoying that little guy, aren't you, Crossbow?

he is quite useful
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Feb 5 2024, 06:49 PM) *
She gave LBD another look, "Drek O'Conner, you pick up more strays than Animal Control. No offense to the strays in question."

If O'Connor had gotten inside the main building at the compound, there probably would have been an attempt to recruit the mage child.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Feb 6 2024, 07:20 AM) *
If O'Connor had gotten inside the main building at the compound, there probably would have been an attempt to recruit the mage child.

Speaking of whom, Lil Homie will report that the girl escaped the compound when the shooting stopped.
pbangarth
Between his own experience with the spirit, Lil' Homie's cultural knowledge, and Torley's intelligence, he was curious if they could figure out the puzzle

Awww! O'Connor thinks Torley is smart! So adorable. So wrong. Well, intuitive, yes.
Necrogigas
Intelligence may be a nominal term for this group. Regardless, O'Connor does think Torley is one of the sharpest on the team.
farothel
Sammy has a decent Logic score, as it's her drain stat.
farothel
I've rolled magical theory, as I think that's the most logical knowledge skill I have that helps here. Unless I can roll any of my active skills as a knowledge skill?
Crossbow
Magical Theory is actually a really good go-to at this point, you already know from Torley that something about the summoning circle was off, you need "why".

There are several points of the circle where you could almost imagine that a powerful, but stubborn, conjurer pushing through pain to draw. Doing so, he may have damaged the spirit summoned on an intrinsic level, altering its characteristics upon being brought to form.

In other words, LBD's mental characteristics do not reflect its power, normally those would be at Force Rating. LBD's Force is clearly very high, but its mind is childlike.
Necrogigas
That begs the question, what is Little Buddy's Force Rating? I guessing rather high if seeing through Jane's masking wasn't a DM freebie.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Feb 10 2024, 08:20 PM) *
That begs the question, what is Little Buddy's Force Rating? I guessing rather high if seeing through Jane's masking wasn't a DM freebie.

Good guess.
farothel
Does Sammy see anything on the pictures?
Crossbow
She does, and it is striking. The circle that Bullet Storm took pictures of shouldn't have been able to summon a Watcher, let alone LBD. Their summoner much have been extremely powerful, probably putting his own failing life energy into the task. His scratching may even have accidentally tapped into darker powers in the Astral Realms.
pbangarth
Boy! Torley knows how to stir up shit, doesn't he?
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Feb 22 2024, 04:49 PM) *
Willpower 3 + Spell Resistance 2 - CM 2 = Pool 3
Willpower [2]: 3d6t5 1

O'Conner is still carrying wounds?
Necrogigas
We never had the down time to heal physical damage, and I figured being knocked out did not count towards time for healing stun damage.
Crossbow
You slept, stun is healed, Edge also reset. Also, the wound can still be healed by Magic.
Necrogigas
If the stun is healed, then O'Connor is only at 2P damage, so that is a 0 CM. Should I roll two more d6 or is the roll riding?

Also what's the time limit on magic healing? That 2P comes from the car crash in the jungle. As I recall, Snow botched her heal check and Starlet never offered to use magic.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Feb 22 2024, 07:12 PM) *
We never had the down time to heal physical damage, and I figured being knocked out did not count towards time for healing stun damage.

I thought you got tagged in the courtyard for 1. Feel free to roll two more.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Feb 22 2024, 11:02 PM) *
I thought you got tagged in the courtyard for 1. Feel free to roll two more.

Armor held up so it converted to stun.
Additional dice rolled, no successes. Failure still stands.
pbangarth
"This one! I grabbed it in case we meet my real summoner, since he had skin and hair and stuff." he hands the book to Torley.

notworthy.gif
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 23 2024, 03:01 PM) *
notworthy.gif

Feel free to write a post dude.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 23 2024, 03:01 PM) *
notworthy.gif

Feel free to write a post dude.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Feb 23 2024, 09:14 AM) *
LBD pipes up and pulls said cookbook from...nowhere.
Wait...that's a hammerspace. He broke the laws of physics, and magic, earlier with the teleporation. Is Little Buddy a Looney Tunes character?
pbangarth
I've checked the text for Commanding Voice and Voice Control to see if Torley can "throw" a Command from a distance. I think he can. Technical aids are ruled out, but the text under Commanding Voice says nothing about Adept Powers. The Command, if successful will only work for one action, but at the right moment it might be enough.

Obviously, Torley will have to succeed in an Opposed Test. But, damn! This is exactly what he was built for!

Worse comes to worst, he will have to sidle over beside the competition. And out of the eight languages Torley knows, there should be one that the competition speaks.

What do you think, Crossbow?

"Don't bid."

Yeah, if he is caught it may require some fast talking. But, damn! This is exactly what he was built for!
Crossbow
Does anyone have a preference of the vehicle(s) for the travel to VI? Bikes or van/bus?

Also does anyone need to do any prep or planning before we move to the start of the event?

Necrogigas
O'Connor doesn't have pilot (ground vehicles). He does have an eight reaction, so would default with seven. So maybe it might not be a bad idea to put him on a bike. Maybe?
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Mar 3 2024, 06:40 AM) *
Does anyone have a preference of the vehicle(s) for the travel to VI? Bikes or van/bus?

Also does anyone need to do any prep or planning before we move to the start of the event?

I would use a van. That way our clothes aren't dirty (or not as much) by the time we're there

As to prep, I might summon another spirit and put it on standby just in case.
Nothing else that can't be done without a load of karma I currently don't have. I do seem to have a lot of money, but spell formula require both.

I just checked and we started this game in 2013.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Mar 3 2024, 04:34 AM) *
I just checked and we started this game in 2013.

Yep, and this adventure has been the majority of it. Thanks for hanging with me from the beginning, farothel and Necrogigas. Also thanks to pbangarth for being one of the best "drop in and take over guys" we had, and there have been several.
pbangarth
Happy to drop in. Whoever made Torley gave me lots to play with.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Mar 3 2024, 04:24 AM) *
Yep, and this adventure has been the majority of it. Thanks for hanging with me from the beginning, farothel and Necrogigas. Also thanks to pbangarth for being one of the best "drop in and take over guys" we had, and there have been several.

A good GM is hard to find, and you've been an excellent one Crossbow. I'm here until I die or you find someone better.

farothel, you're been a phenominal player to have this adventure with as well.

pbangarth, you've also been a great addition to our group.

Rhat, Hydroraven, Thvor, and Mercy, I doubt any of you'll ever see this, but I hope you're doing well and thank you for your contributions to this game.
pbangarth
Years ago I ran a campaign in which I had a pigeon take a real liking to one of the PCs. I don't know how many runs there were during which, at some point, the PC would hear, "crrrrooo. crrrrooo." and have his favourite bird show up.

Everybody but the PC's player had a great time. Well, I think secretly he enjoyed it, too.
pbangarth
Never pass up an opportunity to be petty.

Torley just lived it! Of course, it would help the cause if Engelbrecht blew a gasket in the auction room.
pbangarth
Before I post for Torley:

Are there assigned seats for prospective buyers?

Are buyer and 'bodyguard' eek.gif expected to sit together?
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 12 2024, 09:15 AM) *
Before I post for Torley:

Are there assigned seats for prospective buyers?
NO
Are buyer and 'bodyguard' eek.gif expected to sit together?

YES
Necrogigas
At the end of this run, do we get to add Snow and Clem (and Torley if pbangarth rolls a new char) as contacts?
Crossbow
Most definitely.
farothel
and some karma. I could do with some and it has been quite a while.
pbangarth
Is it the group's habit to start new PCs at the end of a run/arc?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Mar 13 2024, 09:48 AM) *
Is it the group's habit to start new PCs at the end of a run/arc?

No, just figured you'd might want to make your own instead of continuing to play as someone else's.
pbangarth
Ah. We'll see. Torley is kinda fun to play. At the same time, making up a new PC is one of my favourite parts of the game.
Necrogigas
question.gif Why is the IC thread view count over five million?
pbangarth
I just checked it a few times, and each look increased the count by several: 5, 4 and 7.

I've posted an error report.
pbangarth
Huh.

Thinking about it, I suspect that there was nothing Torley could have done to change the outcome. I feel a little better.

It looks like a chase through the city, folks. (Damn. Wish we had Quick Willie with us. One hand on the steering wheel, the other hangin' out the side with a submachine gun. Yeeehaaaaa!)

Crossbow
You did the best you could, Torley in the elevator and what he will do is the next thing that should occur.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012