Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Necrogigas
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 26 2020, 03:18 PM) *
Where is everybody?
I'm waiting for Crossbow. I'm assuming Con and Torley need to make skill checks to evade the po-po.
Crossbow
I am actually waiting on farothel so that I can have you guys together. You will not have to roll any evasion, the police will be too busy getting people in cuffs to do much else before you are long gone.
farothel
Sorry, it's been quite busy lately.

I assume that Sammy is kept up to date on what is happening, so she doesn't try to get past those guards (I still have invisibility and stuff like that).
Necrogigas
I'm sure one or the other would contact Sammy as soon as they were clear. I hadn't made a post to that effect since I was anticipating a chase sequence.
Crossbow
Just to let everyone know, I am working on a post. I would have tried to work on it today, this would have been my first day off since Monday before last, but I got fired yesterday so I spent the day dealing with the fallout from that.

I have plenty of time to do it now though biggrin.gif
pbangarth
I admire your dedication to the game!
Necrogigas
Christ man, don't you just have all the luck. Hope things work out.
farothel
How long will it take for Sammy to get to the others?
Crossbow
Not long at all, you can basically meet back at the train station.
pbangarth
Away from computer until Thursday (8 Aug.) evening.
Crossbow
Do you guys want me to just start you as walking into the Ork? Or is there going to be plan for once? smile.gif

pbangarth
Please, God! Let there be a plan. Somebody plan, OK?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 14 2020, 01:54 PM) *
Lil Homie comes to the rescue again

The most important thing Con's done on this run is befriend this NPC.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 14 2020, 03:29 PM) *
Please, God! Let there be a plan. Somebody plan, OK?

Crossbow's not being entirely fair. We've made plans before, we've just never bothered to follow through on them.
pbangarth
I vote we make a plan and follow it ...

... until we don't.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 16 2020, 02:20 AM) *
Crossbow's not being entirely fair. We've made plans before, we've just never bothered to follow through on them.

I am deeply wounded and feel a bit called out. Not saying you are wrong mind you, just telling you how I feel. smile.gif

So get to planning, do you guys need a visual aid for the Ork or was my description sufficient?
pbangarth
I like visual aids!
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 16 2020, 01:04 PM) *
I like visual aids!

Knock yourself out

https://www.google.com/search?q=saloon&...=BPiU80kj-Y0hpM
pbangarth
That's ... great!

I realize ... now ... that it would be highly unlikely to have a floor plan of this place in any corner of the Matrix. But, just so you know for future reference:

I like visual aids!
Necrogigas
We have a name but lack a physical description. We need to identify our target without tipping off we're looking for him.

If Silence is actually at the bar, even with the massive amount of heat that job would've created, means he's got to have local protection.

After tagging our target, we'll have to isolate him for interrogation.

Can spirits hear things on the physical plane while hidden on the astral? If so, Sammy could send in a spirit to do recon. If not, anyone got a clever idea on how to do this?

Sammy will need to disguise us as well, especially Con since the Area Boys might still be looking for him.
pbangarth
Astral perception could tell who is magical. That could be an easy way if only one person lights up.
farothel
If he's as good as that, we can always pose as out of towners looking for some local talent to do a job for us. It would explain why we ask for him and we can (or at least Torley can) try to persuade him to discuss things at a more private location.

I'm not sure spirits can hear on the material without being there, but I would be cautious about using spirits. The astral space of Lagos is wonky and I'm sure there are more magically active people in that bar. Probably not that many mages (they tend to be well protected in Lagos as they are very valuable, especially if they can purify water), but some adepts can see the astral as well.

I can call up a spirit and put it on standby, even if it's only to use as distraction as we get away.
Necrogigas
An astral check will at least narrow down our targets. I don't remember the name of the ability, but I remember Torley being able to gain the first rank in a new language for free after a certain level of exposure. If any of the local languages have popped, we could disguise him and have him do some light intel gathering.
pbangarth
Good idea, Necro. Torley has 1 level in Yoruba, the other main language here. Silence is Igbo. It would take hours for Torley to develop that language. Maybe with our little guide. I wanted to do that earlier, but things moved too quickly for Torley to take the time. frown.gif

I suspect trying to speak Yoruba in this joint would get Torley tossed out on his ear.
Necrogigas
As for acting like we want to hire Silence, it might backfire. I'd be highly suspicious of any strangers looking for me after pulling a big job like Silence did. It might spook the target amd make them pop smoke. We'll more likely than not lose the thief if it comes down to a chase.
Crossbow
You can make another check for the Igbo language.
pbangarth
Oh! OK. Thanks.

I figure Igbo fits into "uncommon" along with Swahili (though the categorization exhibits a distinctly ethnocentric view of what is common and what isn't.)

So, INT 5 + LOG 2 = 7 dice, needing 2 hits. That should be enough without the use of Edge.

Linguistics roll: 2 hits

I feel like Neo: "I know Igbo". Well, this changes things.

P.S. I have to say, Linguistics is my personal favourite Adept Power. It's the one I would ask for in real life.
Crossbow
Just so it was said, Makeover would do nothing to hide you being oyibo which is the primary problem, O'Conner's presence is a secondary one. Also, be aware, this part of Agege is especially toxic, with a background count of 2.
pbangarth
Yeah, I was wondering about complexion.
farothel
I can cast the spell in a location that doesn't have background count and then we can move in. That shouldn't affect the spell already cast, only the new spells. Also if I have to put everyone under a spell, I only have 1 focus, so that means I will be at -4 for all actions while maintaining the spells, so I'll not be doing much else.
Necrogigas
Since it was stated an Area Boy stronghold is close by, maybe Con should post up at a good chokehold in the event things go sideways. That way Sammy only has to worry about Torley and the two of you get a heads up if enemy reinforcements are inbound.
pbangarth
So, what, is the plan that Torley walks in, with Sammy in tow, both of us Physically Masked, and we suss out the conversation, hopint to discover Mr. Silence in order to at least peg him?

Then, we waylay him outside/after following him, and have our way with him?

I feel so lucky frown.gif to have taken over Torley at a time when so much seems to center on him.
Necrogigas
Seems as good of a plan as we're gonna come up with. Only thing left is you're cover stories. If you disguise yourselves as locals you might need to explain away Torley's rank 1 and Starlet's rank 0 Igbo.
pbangarth
Here's an idea if we can get Sammy to go along with it.

Misogyny is prevalent in this neck of the woods. We could have Sammy be Torley's 'woman', who has been chastised by her lord and master lately, and is not allowed to talk. Anyone talks to her, she just looks submissively to Torley. Sammy could even mask herself to look as if she has been 'chastised' a bit physically.

As far as Torley's language, maybe our invaluable little guide (boy we need to reward him well) could fill us in on where there might be a small village nearby, populated by 'simple folk'. We could be dressed appropriately.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 22 2020, 04:23 PM) *
Here's an idea if we can get Sammy to go along with it.

Misogyny is prevalent in this neck of the woods. We could have Sammy be Torley's 'woman', who has been chastised by her lord and master lately, and is not allowed to talk. Anyone talks to her, she just looks submissively to Torley. Sammy could even mask herself to look as if she has been 'chastised' a bit physically.

As far as Torley's language, maybe our invaluable little guide (boy we need to reward him well) could fill us in on where there might be a small village nearby, populated by 'simple folk'. We could be dressed appropriately.

She's an actress. I'm sure she's had to play worse than that.
Crossbow
Okay, so the plan is for O'Conner to find someplace to be the cutoff if Silence makes a run for it. Sammy will disguise herself and Torley as Igbo and go to the bar to try and hire him. Is that the play? If so, let's get the spells cast.
pbangarth
The last bit I'm not sure of. What does the simpleton want of the great Silence? Are we in there to identify or to make contact? If contact, then what is our story?
Necrogigas
The simpleton routine can be used to identify, and if you can isolate the target, drop the act when you make contact.
pbangarth
That's the part we need to clarify. Do we try to hire him? Offer to buy the item? What?
Necrogigas
Perhaps Torley should observe the target for a time, if possible, to determine the best approach.
Crossbow
Just so it is said, still waiting on spells to be cast.
Crossbow
Okay, I forgot how I did this the last time so I just emailed the picture to Necrogigas. I need you to tell me where in general you want to set up.
Crossbow
Okay, I forgot how I did this the last time so I just emailed the picture to Necrogigas. I need you to tell me where in general you want to set up.
Necrogigas
In that three way intersection between the brothel and the market. There I have the direct route to the Area Boys compound cut off, and can quickly get down to the warf if Silence goes around that way.
pbangarth
Ouch, farothel. That drain sucks.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 28 2020, 04:50 AM) *
Ouch, farothel. That drain sucks.

It's only 1 stun, so it isn't that bad (the spells are only Force 3 as that's the highest I can put in my sustaining focus). Stun will disappear quite quickly as well. By the time we manage to get to that bar through Lagos' traffic, it should be gone.
pbangarth
Oh oh oh. I read 1S as one serious hit. Sorry. Too many switches between SR3 and SR4.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 19 2020, 04:55 AM) *
Also, be aware, this part of Agege is especially toxic, with a background count of 2.

Dropping Improved Ability (Dodge), and Spell Resistance.
pbangarth
Torley will drop both levels of Improved Physical Attribute (AGI) and both levels of Improved Ability (Leadership). Keeping all the language, voice and Con tricks he has up his sleeve.
pbangarth
biggrin.gif

Good one, Necro.
pbangarth
Well, that forces our hand. As soon as we inside know, we will have to act quickly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012