Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
pbangarth
How fortunate for Torley that he is accompanied by such a big, strong man.
Necrogigas
As stated earlier, O'Connor's remaining per diem isn't going to cover the gear and I don't know what Torley's at. So, Starlet will most likely have to foot most of the bill.
farothel
I can do that. I'm saving up for a new focus and some spells, but without karma there's little I can do with them anyway.

EDIT: as long as you guys aren't going overboard of course (I'm not going to pay for a tank). wink.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 11 2021, 02:21 AM) *
One case of each would more than fill out your shopping list, and while you are a couple of days short on your per diem you should still have enough to cover the tab.

I haven't kept track of Torley's money as closely as one should. I'll try to figure it out. But the above quote makes me think the two of us together have enough.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Sep 29 2021, 12:13 AM) *
O'Connor's Expenses
Six Pack of Beer x4: 120 naira
Armored Suits x2: Price never specified
Zen Tabs x6: 300 naira
Commlink: 20,000 naira
Meal and shopping trip with Lil' Homie: Price never specified

O'Connor's low on funds, and that's before factoring in the expenses that either weren't specified or I couldn't find. Torley's bribes have mostly been low amounts, but nickle and diming can add up fast. Starlet should still has most, if not all, of her per diem. We can afford the gear collectively, just not sure who has to pay what.
farothel
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 23 2021, 10:44 AM) *
O'Connor's low on funds, and that's before factoring in the expenses that either weren't specified or I couldn't find. Torley's bribes have mostly been low amounts, but nickle and diming can add up fast. Starlet should still has most, if not all, of her per diem. We can afford the gear collectively, just not sure who has to pay what.

You can pay for your drugs yourself, that's for sure. nyahnyah.gif

I can pay for the grenades without problem.
Question: what's the commlink for and when did we purchase that?
Necrogigas
O'Connor bought it for Lil' Homie so that he could be a lookout when we first went after Silence.
pbangarth
Are we able to shift money (usable here) around through the commlinks?
Necrogigas
No, the local currency, naira, seems to be a physical currency only, that's why Jane took us to that money exchanger when we got into Lagos. I'm assuming we got paid the second portion of the per diem the same way as the first.
pbangarth
So, we could find one of the exchange agents and make a deal with what we have in nuyen?
farothel
Actually we need a Hawala and use hawala tokens to pay. Those are the best form of currency in Lagos and accepted just about everywhere (except the corp run hotels and such). This is OOC knowledge, but I've done runs in Lagos before and that's the way to go.

And yes, I can pay for the grenades and such.
pbangarth
QUOTE (farothel @ Oct 30 2021, 04:17 AM) *
Actually we need a Hawala and use hawala tokens to pay. Those are the best form of currency in Lagos and accepted just about everywhere (except the corp run hotels and such). This is OOC knowledge, but I've done runs in Lagos before and that's the way to go.

And yes, I can pay for the grenades and such.

Yeah, those are the people I was talking about, I just couldn't remember the name, or be bothered to look it up. As I recall, we were able to convert nuyen to naira through them, which would entail them having access to electronic transfer of funds. Is that correct?
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 30 2021, 07:43 PM) *
Yeah, those are the people I was talking about, I just couldn't remember the name, or be bothered to look it up. As I recall, we were able to convert nuyen to naira through them, which would entail them having access to electronic transfer of funds. Is that correct?

Correct, they are about the only ones except on Victoria island who can take electronic transfers.
pbangarth
Are folks waiting for me, by any chance? Sorry if so. Let me know what I should have done.
pbangarth
Alright! The GM finds a way to light a fire under the bogged down players. Good for you, Crossbow.
farothel
I'm just assuming there is a back exit. All hotels have one, even if it's just for loading and unloading stuff they don't want anybody to see.
pbangarth
Sounds, good, though I don't know if we can get materials up to the room without the sentry seeing. Are we going to set out on the mission from the loading dock?
pbangarth
Keeping the fire lit.
Crossbow
I am divorced, moved and without internet in my apartment.

I am looking forward to getting my shit together by the new year. Stay tuned.

In the meantime Happy Holidays y'all.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 23 2021, 09:48 PM) *
I am divorced, moved and without internet in my apartment.

I am looking forward to getting my shit together by the new year. Stay tuned.

In the meantime Happy Holidays y'all.

Fuck!

Same to you if you can have it.
pbangarth
Merry Christmas to all!

Unseasonably warm here, but still some snow on the ground. Ah, I miss the old days. Trudging to school barefoot in 3 ft. of snow, uphill both ways. They don't make winter like they used to.
farothel
Happy new year and ready for year 5 of this game over here (and added to that one or two on the shadowrun fora).
pbangarth
It's a marvel you all have kept a campaign going for that long. Well done! I'm glad I can be part of the ongoing tradition. Thanks, all, for letting me in.
Necrogigas
This game started 01/19/2013, so nine years running.
pbangarth
I'm getting a little worried. Are we still on?
farothel
I'm still here, but I think Crossbow had some issues with getting internet and I don't know how he's doing. I'm basically waiting for him.
pbangarth
This would be a good time for Torley and Sammy to do some character development/interaction, but I am "Johnny Come Lately" in the relationship between the two. I wish I had more context. TL;DR nine years of story!
pbangarth
No way am I gonna let our IC thread fall off the front page!
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 18 2022, 04:48 PM) *
This would be a good time for Torley and Sammy to do some character development/interaction, but I am "Johnny Come Lately" in the relationship between the two. I wish I had more context. TL;DR nine years of story!

The original PbP should still be somewhere on the official shadowrun forum.
pbangarth
QUOTE (farothel @ Jan 25 2022, 06:45 AM) *
The original PbP should still be somewhere on the official shadowrun forum.

Well, as much as a former archaeologist might like excavating years of text for the history of these two characters (*nod* to Michel Foucault), I think our recent history suggests that Torley is 'growing up' some and finding a new role for himself in the group, with the help of Sammy. I think I will explore that new character and relationship as we progress.

In particular, he is becoming more aware of the consequences to the group of his thrill seeking. That might not stop his 'need for speed', but it might ... redirect(?) it. I suspect that a deep dive into the history would show Torley owes his life more than once to members of the group. That would colour my relationship with others, and I intend to project that colour into Torley's behaviour.
Crossbow
Thank for keeping the flame alive, I figure with all the long breaks it is probably closer to six years of actual game play. But that is neither here nor there.

Trying to get things going again, work with me.
pbangarth
Alright!
pbangarth
So here are a few dice rolls for you to use as needed, Crossbow.

Etiquette, so Torley knows how to behave with the elder:

CHA 6 + Etiquette 4 + Kinesics 3 = 13 dice: 4 hits

Negotiation so Torley can convince the old man to do what he wants to do anyway. I will let you decide if there are modifiers based on his desire/resistance.

CHA 6 + Negotiation 4(6) + Kinesics 3 = 15 dice: 2 hits

Well, shit. I think Torley has a point of Edge left, so here goes:

13 dice: 6 hits That's better! Total of 8 hits.
Crossbow
Need audio perception rolls from everyone, and visual rolls from Starlet and O'Connor.
Necrogigas
Dice Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Just to be clear. Our message about setting up a meeting recieved the reply of, "Come now." So we rendezvoused with the old man. Now the old man is mad at us because by "come now", he meant."get the idol now." Am I correct in that sequence of events?
Crossbow
Yep, some of the NPCs are actually pricks it is perfectly okay for you to dislike.
pbangarth
Audio perception for Torley:

Perception 5 + INT 5 = 10 dice: 6 hits

Awesome! Must be influence from the wasted (?) Edge used for the greeting with the old man.
farothel
Crossbow: do I have an idea of how strong that spirit is? At least in relation to my magic?
Crossbow
You can try to go astral again and assense it, but you don't have anything else.
farothel
sorry it took me so long, but it's been a busy week at work. And it's been a while since I've done magic in this system, so I had to look up how.
pbangarth
Is it time for Initiative rolls yet?
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Feb 19 2022, 07:19 PM) *
Is it time for Initiative rolls yet?

No, no need for that yet.
pbangarth
Too bad. Shit's hittin' the fan in the other game, and my blood is up.
pbangarth
Spirits everywhere, in both games. You'd think the World was gettin' magical or somethin'.
Crossbow
Okay, the map online is gone, so I posted it in my discord server that I never use. Here is the invite.

https://discord.gg/2cz9BTgW
Crossbow
Necrogigas, copy that picture and show me where you and Homie are headed to. You won't be there right away though.
Necrogigas
The original plan called for O'Connor to attack from the right side, get through the gate and draw guards to the courtyard. Not sure where the military is in relation to everything, so not sure if O'Connor has to attack from another angle.

Lil' Homie is heading to his predesignated spotter position. You were vague about the locations we marked out for him and Torley during the planning stage other than they were off the immediate map.
Crossbow
Okay, so everything is a clusterF then because Homie's spotter position is the Washer woman's place where Torley is, and the two invisible folks are heading for the gate to go in that way. So now what? The military is actually off the map to the left setting up.
pbangarth
Fog of War, man.

No plan survives contact with the enemy.

{Fill in your own truism}

We go with what we have said, I guess.
farothel
MAp, what map? Have I missed a map somewhere?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012