Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
pbangarth
Need any dice rolls for Torley's attempt to insert himself into the vicinity of Medjay?

Or, you might do this yourself, huh, Crossbow?
Crossbow
No roll needed, but you will not be able to travel down WITH Medjay. Winners travel ALONE. You should do a rewrite of your post.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Mar 20 2024, 03:53 AM) *
No roll needed, but you will not be able to travel down WITH Medjay. Winners travel ALONE. You should do a rewrite of your post.

Done. embarrassed.gif
farothel
Does Sammy know what Celedyr's metahuman form looks like? Maybe a quick matrix search can provide some pictures.
pbangarth
Yeah, wouldn't that be something? A dragon in human form waiting down in the garage for its new toy.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Mar 20 2024, 01:25 PM) *
Does Sammy know what Celedyr's metahuman form looks like? Maybe a quick matrix search can provide some pictures.

The human forms that have been photographed, including their primary media look do not match Medjay or any of the security.
pbangarth
Well, looks like I overplayed Torley's Poor Self Control once too often. Sorry guys.

No idea yet how he will talk himself and the rest out of it.
Crossbow
Don't worry about it, you guys needed to abandon the car anyway.
pbangarth
Awww. You shoulda let me wallow in regret and guilt a while longer.
Crossbow
You are on foot, are you chasing Medjay and the Apep folks or are you following the Azzies, or going another direction entirely?
pbangarth
Torley is trying to catch up to O'Connor.

Damn, it's difficult typing when there is a kitten ( a few days new to us) trying to walk all over the keyboard!

Necrogigas
Unless someone has any clever ideas, O'Connor is following Medjay.
farothel
As I followed the others, do I have line of sight to Medjay?
Crossbow
Can you see him? Yes, fleetingly. If you are trying to Stunbolt him, that might be tough and the Azzies will get to him long before you guys do.
farothel
Another question: we're not allowed to fire while on Victoria Island? what about the bridge? Can we attack as soon as the guy is on the bridge?
Crossbow
That would be another point, because you guys are still on Victoria Island, that checkpoint you had to make your way through was a little ways onto the bridge. Right about where the Azzies are now. You definitely shouldn't be starting anything until that checkpoint is behind you.
farothel
I'm not starting anything on this side, just my spirit on the other side. And either of those powers should at least slow him down.
Do you roll for the spirit, or do you want me to?
Necrogigas
Any bikes or okada that we can steal? Is the Aztech team still in sight?
Crossbow
Once you are off the bridge, there will be ones available to hire. You also won't have nearly the traffic issues. The Azzies are still on the bridge, somewhere ahead of you.
Crossbow

second attempt, call force 5 fire spirit
call spirit: 8d6t5 4
spirit resist
spirit resist: 5d6t5 3
drain resist (drain 6)
drain: 8d6t5 4

You only had one service on that spirit farothel, need to do a rewrite, because that firespirit is gone home.
pbangarth
Separate okadas/bikes gives us the ability to surround or cut off. Using the available van means we don't get separated and dealt with piecemeal.

Thoughts as we run towards land?
Necrogigas
I suggest Con, Torley, and Lil' Homie on the okada for maneuverability, and Starlet in the van. Going astral and casting spells from the back of an okada seems a dicey prospect. Plus the van can pick up people if their okada gets taken out.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Apr 10 2024, 01:26 PM) *
I suggest Con, Torley, and Lil' Homie on the okada for maneuverability, and Starlet in the van. Going astral and casting spells from the back of an okada seems a dicey prospect. Plus the van can pick up people if their okada gets taken out.

Works for me.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Apr 10 2024, 02:26 PM) *

Moving a mages body while it is astrally projecting is not a good idea, even with someone she knows in the van.
pbangarth
Ok, I'm happy to have Torley tooling around on a vehicle he doesn't know. "What could go wrong?", he thinks. biggrin.gif
Necrogigas
As stated, the vehicles come with drivers.
farothel
I think we best stay together for now. I can look in the astral, but I'm not going to project for now.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 10 2024, 12:35 PM) *

second attempt, call force 5 fire spirit
call spirit: 8d6t5 4
spirit resist
spirit resist: 5d6t5 3
drain resist (drain 6)
drain: 8d6t5 4

You only had one service on that spirit farothel, need to do a rewrite, because that firespirit is gone home.

I am going to move the action forward and you can adjust your post
farothel
I assume my spirit is still using that power. It's not a single 'attack', but a series of 'attacks' as far as I know. So as long as the spirit is using powers, I can keep track of the spirit to have some idea where the dude is. At least that's how I understood it (it's been quite some time since I summoned a spirit).
Crossbow
Noxious breath is an instant effect power. Your spirit made the attack and fulfilled it's service.
farothel
I've modified that I've summoned a watcher. I can buy enough hits to have it here for at least one hour and in one hour this is resolved, one way or another. I'm not sure if that means we go somewhere else, but I'll await that before I post.
Crossbow
Crossbow you figure out the background count effect on this. question.gif

Sure, easy peasy. Background count is 2 so you are missing 2 points of magic. Since you didn't roll the dice anyway, the background is blocking your Kinesics levels and the other inproved skill you have.

Necrogigas, might be a good idea to figure out what you lost too.
Necrogigas
Dropping improved ability (dodge) and spell resistance
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 19 2024, 07:53 AM) *
Crossbow you figure out the background count effect on this. question.gif

Sure, easy peasy. Background count is 2 so you are missing 2 points of magic. Since you didn't roll the dice anyway, the background is blocking your Kinesics levels and the other inproved skill you have.

Necrogigas, might be a good idea to figure out what you lost too.

remind me when I forget the time I have to roll spells. I don't lose any, but it will make it hard for me to cast anything.
Necrogigas
Initiative: 11d6t5 4

Initiative: 15

What's the wind direction?
Crossbow
Moving this post to OOC where it belongs.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 21 2024, 06:42 PM) *
So, the black arrow shows the direction of travel of our target, the red dot is O'Connor, the crosshairs mark the unfortunate van, and the rest of us are just approaching the intersection.

Is all of that right?

No, the black arrow shows where Starlet and Torley are, just off the map in that direction. Medjay is not in sight.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Apr 21 2024, 12:48 PM) *
What's the wind direction?

Coming in off the water, from the east, blowing west, but not very strongly.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 21 2024, 11:15 PM) *
Coming in off the water, from the east, blowing west, but not very strongly.

There's no compass rose so I assume north is the top of the map.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Apr 22 2024, 04:22 AM) *
There's no compass rose so I assume north is the top of the map.

yes
Crossbow
Waiting for an initiative roll for Starlet, I know Torley goes last.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 23 2024, 01:01 PM) *
Waiting for an initiative roll for Starlet, I know Torley goes last.

Harsh! True, but harsh. frown.gif
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Apr 23 2024, 07:34 PM) *
Harsh! True, but harsh. frown.gif

Not harsh, Combat Paraysis
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 23 2024, 07:19 PM) *
Not harsh, Combat Paraysis

Reality can be harsh. Never the GM, though. biggrin.gif

I hope Torley's internal dialogue supports the character of his Negative Quality.
farothel
initiative: 7d6t5 4

So that's 11 if I'm not mistaken, and 2IP.
pbangarth
Just because, I roll for Torley:

Init 7, so first time in combat 3 dice: 0 hits but no glitch.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 24 2024, 01:23 PM) *
Bullet Storm loves explosions, the trids and 2d flatscreen action movies he grew up on were always filled with them. Because he love explosions he has always been attracted to grenades. Seeing heroes being able to blind-toss thermite grenades over their shoulder through the partially open window of a moving car made little O'Conner's blood race. Unfortunately, the Barrens never had a plethora of grenades to practice with, so he never developed any skill with parabolic arcs and backspins that would have made him an effective grenadier, nor did it give him a real sense of the strength needed to accurately throw a grenade the required distance to a target, and no more.

These thoughts passed through his mind as he saw his tear gas grenade arc to the right and explode harmlessly in the open lot beyond the orcs he was throwing at.

(long range throw, -5 to skill pool, 0 hits remaining)

Years ago a PC of mine had the thrown weapon skill, had the strength ... did not have the luck or the Edge left to fix things.

In a narrow alleyway (brick wall both sides), being fired upon by aggressors on a roof top, he throws a grenade up to fall on the roof and deal with the ambush.

Critical glitch. The grenade falls back on the team. In a narrow alleyway between brick walls.

*sigh*
farothel
It looks as if it's good I have an IP remaining. And it's good I've taken the Heal spell.
Crossbow
He would probably want you to fireball those bangers, not worry about a couple of scratches.
pbangarth
Yaaahhhh! Fireball!

That'll teach those thugs not to mess with Tor ... with Torley's entour ... with us!
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 25 2024, 01:38 PM) *
He would probably want you to fireball those bangers, not worry about a couple of scratches.

You're a bastard. sarcastic.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012