Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Crossbow
No need to flag down transport, you are keeping the ride you got at the airport unless you go somewhere dangerous.
Crossbow
I will leave you guys the option to act for a bit, before I push on.
pbangarth
So, any thoughts on how to approach this guy?
Necrogigas
The approach should be as simple as telling the necessary parts of the truth. The dockmaster gave us his name as a contact that would have the information we're looking for.

The dockmaster compared us to two-bit bounty hunters, maybe use that as a cover if needed.
pbangarth
Well, now we see what Hippo can do for us.
farothel
assensing: assensing: 6d6t5 2
pbangarth
Uh, without me searching the whole thread again, do we even -have- 50,000 nuyen? Or anything close to it?
Crossbow
NOPE devil.gif
Necrogigas
6250+ (Total Upfront Per Diem)
1960- (Gun mods)
25000+ (Two Days Pay)
50- (Harbormaster bribe)
29240 (Total excluding missing incidentals)

So if my notes, and math, are right, then the team has monetary assets totaling 29,240¥.

Not close, but not far off either. Though remember, our bonus for the Map is 50,000¥, so we really shouldn't pay even if we could cover the rest.
pbangarth
Yeah, I get that loud and clear.
farothel
That's what negotiations are for, not having to pay the full amount asked.
Necrogigas
Even if Torley, hypothetically, talked it down to half, we'd be paying 25k to eventually maybe net 25k. We could still screw this up and not get the Map. We need Hippo to agree to a non-monetary form of payment.
pbangarth
I agree wholeheartedly.
pbangarth
Crossbow, if you need a roll for negotiating method of payment, here:

CHA 6 + Negotiate 4 + imroved Negotiate 2 + kinesics 3 = 15 dice

5 HITS
Crossbow
VI=Victoria Island,where Torley met the racist rich dude
Crossbow
Speaking of drugs, not that we were, but I am just saying....

Necro, when was the last time that O'Conner had a hit of Zen?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Jun 8 2020, 01:24 PM) *
Speaking of drugs, not that we were, but I am just saying....

Necro, when was the last time that O'Conner had a hit of Zen?

Probably not since before we left. We're at, what, day four of this run?
pbangarth
Any bets on whether the thing we seek is clinking in the parcel we are being hired to deliver to someone else? frown.gif
Crossbow
Let's see, you probably didn't take one on the night you accepted the job (1). Travel day by air (2). Nightmare in the Jungle (3). Arrive in Lagos from pirate camp. (4) Piss off the Area Boys and meet the racist South Africans. (5) Party with the king (6) Meeting Hippo. That makes 7, you probably should make a check, not a big deal, but still.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jun 8 2020, 04:48 PM) *
Any bets on whether the thing we seek is clinking in the parcel we are being hired to deliver to someone else? frown.gif

You know, there is a difference between giving the GM ideas and trying to give the GM BAD ideas.
pbangarth
What I'm giving you is respect, you sneaky @#@%@. If I thought of it, so have you.
pbangarth
So, while Torley is talking to Hippo, any chance someone can ooglie-googlie the bag to see if it radiates Magic?

"Ooglie-googlie" is a technical term. Look it up!
Necrogigas
Willpower 3 + Logic 3 - Addiction (Mild) 2 = Pool 4
Addiction Resist: 4d6t5 0

Resist test failed
pbangarth
Oops.
Crossbow
Okay, so figure the trigger was being shown there are drug dealers in Lagos. Until, you can get a hit and find somewhere safe to wind down, consider yourself distracted (-1 to all, dice pools) Feel free to write a post about it smile.gif
pbangarth
What time of day is it? I've lost track.

Can we do the delivery right away -as in, ferry over and back available? Good to know before we take on cargo that can get us arrested.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jun 10 2020, 01:06 PM) *
What time of day is it? I've lost track.

Can we do the delivery right away -as in, ferry over and back available? Good to know before we take on cargo that can get us arrested.

You just had dinner, literally just now, finished your dinner smile.gif No ferry, if you don't have a private yacht like the harbormaster, you have to go through a checkpoint like the rest of the hoi polloi. He mentioned the Go Slow earlier, that is what they call the elevated freeways that connect Lagos to VI, it ALWAYS lives up to that name.

pbangarth
Oh, shit. I'm blaming that on being in and out of home for days, not on my mental shortcomings. Yup, that's my story.
pbangarth
My last IC post was a call to get feedback from the crew regarding the acceptance or not of the job. Really there is no choice. Some teams, as I am coming to think this team is, let different people take the lead, command even, in different environments. It looks as if Torley is calling the shots here. so, here we go, wild and crazy risk-taker Torley makes the decision.
farothel
It's fine with me, as long as I get an answer on my question whether it's fragile or explosive. Just so we can take precautions.

Sorry for my late reply, but my ISP has been throwing hiccups all day and I just got service restored recently.
pbangarth
Are we waiting IC for Torley to act?
farothel
I think we're waiting for the GM to push us forward.

BTW: my improved invis should hold against most things, especially if we just give the 'guards' something to look the other way.
pbangarth
"These are not the drugs you are looking for."
Crossbow
I was actually waiting to see if Bullet Storm was actually going to pop one of those tabs and zone out right away or not. I wasn't sure if that was going to cause a problem that needed to be dealt with, but I guess the only one who would reasonably take issue would be Clem, and she 't make a big deal of it.
pbangarth
Dice roll if needed at the bridge:

Fast Talk 4+2 + CHA 6 + Kinesics 3 = 15 dice : 4 hits
pbangarth
Starting tomorrow, July 2nd, my wife and I and our two dogs will go on a short road trip. We will return home on Monday, the 6th. During the trip, I am sure we will have occasional internet access, but it may be spotty. I'll try to keep up and in touch.

Happy Canada Day today, Happy Independence Day on the 4th!
farothel
Have a lot of fun.
pbangarth
Sort of back. Will have to figure out how much naira we do have.
Necrogigas
How good is Torley's intuition and/or logic? Think he could figure out the minimally acceptable bribe? Guards are probably going to demand all of our stated funds.
pbangarth
Oh, yeah, Torley won't tell them everything the group has. Just want to figure out what we can afford given what we have left and what we might still need later.

I don't know what kind of test to roll to figure that out, Necrogigas, but that is a good idea. Torley has INT 5, LOG 2 (!!) and, maybe as a complementary skill, Negotiation of 6.

Crossbow?
Crossbow
Go ahead and give me an Int+Neg roll
pbangarth
INT 5 + Negotiation 4(6) = 11 dice : 3 hits
Crossbow
50 naira per oyibo, so 250 total
pbangarth
Negotiation roll if needed:

CHA 6 + Negotiation 4+2 + Kinesics 3 = 15 dice : 5 hits
pbangarth
We're putting our house up for sale, and vacating for the next week to keep it pretty and clean. Will be traveling a bit, so internet access will be on and off. I will try to keep in touch and up to date.

Will leave on the 20th, be back on the 27th, and fully functional by the 28th of July.
Crossbow
We will be here.
pbangarth
Who is actually carrying the backpack with our special cargo?
farothel
I guess Sammy is, as she's keeping it invisible at the moment and that's easier if you carry it yourself.
pbangarth
OK.
farothel
3 astral perception rolls it is:
assensing: 3#6d6t5 1 2 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012