Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
pbangarth
Maybe he got possessed!
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Aug 22 2023, 10:03 PM) *
Who could have foreseen engaging with the chaos gremlin would bite O'Connor in the ass?

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
pbangarth
well, we get to see the ... lighter side of O'Connor!
farothel
I'll also let you know that I'll be away from the 2nd of September until the 17th. I should have Wifi in the hotels and I take everything with me so I will be able to continue, but I might reply a bit slower at times.
pbangarth
Heh, I'll be in Ireland from the 12th to the 25th. I don't know what WIFI I will have available.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 1 2023, 04:40 PM) *
Heh, I'll be in Ireland from the 12th to the 25th. I don't know what WIFI I will have available.

Wifi exists in Ireland. I've been there, I know it does. That being said, there are spots where you might not have it depending on where you go. Dublin should be okay, but if you're in the middle of nowhere in the countryside, it might be spotty at best.
pbangarth
On my way tonight on the red-eye to Dublin. Staying near Belfast. Probably will have WIFI. Then a few days later staying in Belfast. Same likelihood. Day after I arrive, I will meet the sire of my border collie bitch. He is competing with his handler in the 2023 World Sheepdog Trials. Woohoo!

Looks like Torley's going to live, after all. This just going to reinforce his thrill seeking Quality.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 11 2023, 11:07 PM) *
On my way tonight on the red-eye to Dublin. Staying near Belfast. Probably will have WIFI. Then a few days later staying in Belfast. Same likelihood. Day after I arrive, I will meet the sire of my border collie bitch. He is competing with his handler in the 2023 World Sheepdog Trials. Woohoo!

Looks like Torley's going to live, after all. This just going to reinforce his thrill seeking Quality.

Let us know if the sheepdog have been found guilty or not guilty. biggrin.gif
pbangarth
It wasn't me. The sheep are lying. You have no proof.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Sep 13 2023, 08:44 PM) *
It wasn't me. The sheep are lying. You have no proof.

sheepdog trials
pbangarth
I'm back, and hope I can play Torley soon. He's a lot of fun for me.

Thanks for the sheepdog cartoon, farothel.
pbangarth
*cricket* *cricket*
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 12 2023, 08:00 PM) *
SOMEWHERE ELSE, LATER

Bullet Storm comes to in darkness, he is alone in a room with one door. The room is a nondescript bedroom. He has his personal equipment but none of the documents from the compunds kitchen.

Why is that the only one in all caps? That's so damn ominous. frown.gif
pbangarth
Could have been worse. Could have been ...

IN AN ASTRAL PLANE FAR, FAR AWAY ...
Necrogigas
True, still worrying though.
Crossbow
Quick question, is Torley intentionally lying to Jane or do you as a player not remember that Englebrecht has a ticket to the auction?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1344001
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 25 2023, 02:26 AM) *
Quick question, is Torley intentionally lying to Jane or do you as a player not remember that Englebrecht has a ticket to the auction?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1344001

Uh, no. I didn't intend for Torley to lie to her. I cruised back through Thvor's posts to see what he knew, and I thought I had gotten it right. Englebrecht is after the elf and the idol, too, isn't he, or do I have it all wrong?

I can fix the post if you straighten me out.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 25 2023, 09:01 PM) *
Uh, no. I didn't intend for Torley to lie to her. I cruised back through Thvor's posts to see what he knew, and I thought I had gotten it right. Englebrecht is after the elf and the idol, too, isn't he, or do I have it all wrong?

I can fix the post if you straighten me out.

Englebrecht is after the map, period. Otherwise he is just a racist industrialist. He already has an invite (see the linked post), his goon was sent to tail you and keep an eye on you.
pbangarth
OK, I'll edit my mistake.

EDIT: Done.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 29 2023, 07:34 PM) *
O'Conner's commlink is not getting any connection, when he checks the door all he can hear is soft crying in the room beyond.
What kind of crying? We talking sad, hurt, creepy?
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 30 2023, 03:00 AM) *
What kind of crying? We talking sad, hurt, creepy?

yes
Necrogigas
Fantastic.
pbangarth
Great segue, Necrogigas, into getting the spirit to ... spirit you back.
farothel
Are we still going to turn Silent over? Or can we just let those guys after him know we've seen him somewhere, like around the compound or something else.
pbangarth
I believe the only two people who have any chance to hand him over didn't want to do that. If Starlet has the idol in her hands, there is no advantage to sacrificing him. I say let the guy who helped us go.

Torley can talk our way out of any blowback, right? biggrin.gif
Necrogigas
QUOTE (farothel @ Nov 5 2023, 12:56 AM) *
Are we still going to turn Silent over? Or can we just let those guys after him know we've seen him somewhere, like around the compound or something else.
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 5 2023, 06:16 AM) *
I believe the only two people who have any chance to hand him over didn't want to do that. If Starlet has the idol in her hands, there is no advantage to sacrificing him. I say let the guy who helped us go.

Torley can talk our way out of any blowback, right? biggrin.gif
We clarified with Jane, who asserted we should honor any agreements made to gain the cooperation of Silence.
pbangarth
I'm glad someone around here has a functioning memory.
pbangarth
You know, we don't have to tell the Guards anything about how we got in, who we worked with, anything. We have the idol, 'cause we're shit hot. End of story.

Am I sounding like Torley yet? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Wow, O'Connor is building a collection of lost waifs, isn't he?
Necrogigas
It would appear so.
pbangarth
Well done, Necrogigas. We are programmed to think of little things as being weaker, or childlike, and we tend to try to protect them.

Even if Little Buddy is more bullet proof than O'Connor, the man is protecting the little spirit.
Necrogigas
He's also a chaos gremlin, and I'd like to be the first able to react in any given situation. I really don't want the spirit popping off. Little Buddy's abilities are still largely unknown.

Can someone ask Lil' Homie if he saw "Con" run off? Right now it seems like Con got thrown though the astral plane from the barricaded kitchen and dumped inside the locked apartment.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Nov 8 2023, 09:30 PM) *
Can someone ask Lil' Homie if he saw "Con" run off? Right now it seems like Con got thrown though the astral plane from the barricaded kitchen and dumped inside the locked apartment.

Done.
pbangarth
Amazing how easy it is to play being confused ... when you really are.
Crossbow
Farothel, need a check for assensing.
farothel
astral search: 7d6t5 1

Here it is. Not all that good I'm afraid.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Dec 6 2023, 11:42 PM) *
O'Connor tried shouting over the screams, "Buddy! I really need you to get ahold of yourself and calm things down in there."

He says, trying to rip through a hole in the wall. rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
Crossbow

I kid.
pbangarth
Alright! O'Connor gets transported from the slum hell of Lagos to the nightmare of suburban UCAS.

Out of the frying pan into the fire?
farothel
I assume that I don't have to roll for getting some watcher spirits. I can just keep going until I get one and they're easy to summon.
pbangarth
Oh! Oh! Are we gonna get to the next phase soon? Get in with the important people and watch world changing events?
farothel
I'll be on holiday from the 23rd of December until the 12th of January. I should have internet at the destination, but I might be slow to reply.
pbangarth
Somewhere warm and tropical, I hope?

Oh, wait, that is the Canadian in me speaking. You might not have the same kind of winters where you live.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 24 2023, 03:51 PM) *
Somewhere warm and tropical, I hope?

Oh, wait, that is the Canadian in me speaking. You might not have the same kind of winters where you live.

We don't get Canadian winters, but yes, somewhere warm. Indonesia to be exact.
pbangarth
Alright! Watch for earthquakes and tsunamis.
farothel
happy new year
Necrogigas
Happy new year
pbangarth
Yeah! Happiness for all! Yay! Woohoo!

(Eventually comes down off the party drugs and the New York Ball Drop celebration hype)

Uhh. Yeah. It's all good. Life is good. All year long, man.
Crossbow
HNY indifferent.gif
pbangarth
Is someone waiting for a post from me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012