Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
pbangarth
Do we get a hint of what language the party boys are speaking?
Crossbow
English, but not an American accent.
pbangarth
Well ... shit. He lives in this hotel?? You are MEAN!

MY SR books have all been packed for our move. The one that covers Commanding Voice I don't have in PDF format. So, I believe I can't do another CV on this guy without some kind of penalty. Is that so?

Yet more talking my way out of things, I fear.
Crossbow
-2 dice for each additional attempt on him for 24 hrs. He is confused for a second though.
pbangarth
-2 isn't so bad. On the other hand, a confused boy might just need some sweet talking. I'll sleep on it and post tomorrow.
farothel
I'll be on holiday starting tomorrow. I should be able to get online from time to time, but I might be spotty in my replies.
pbangarth
Starting Tuesday, I will be away from home for a week. Going to the cottage (cabin for you American folks). Two people, two dogs, two cats, plus supplies for a week. One car.

This year is a little complicated by COVID. The cottage is on an island in Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) which is a First Nations reserve. The land is leased to cottagers. Because the indigenous residents are understandably wary of diseases that come across the pond, they have kept the island off limits to non-residents, till now. If any case of COVID appears on the island, all non-residents have to leave within 24 hours.

So, we have not set up internet (exorbitant fees for setup for just one or two visits), and cell phone coverage is almost non-existent. Access to the high point on the island is not allowed. No going in to the village to use the store's internet. I might, on occasion, be able to get a cell phone link on the beach, but this is very rare.

We will return home on Tuesday, 18 August. Carry on without me as well as you can. Try not to kill my PC.
pbangarth
I'm getting flashbacks to the first John Wick movie. Bunch of stupid, drunken, privileged idiots. Could someone just Stunball them? Take out Torley as well if you have to.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 10 2020, 04:54 AM) *
I'm getting flashbacks to the first John Wick movie. Bunch of stupid, drunken, privileged idiots. Could someone just Stunball them? Take out Torley as well if you have to.

no. I only have stunbolt (1 target) and fireball (multi targets). I've had quite a bit of success with my milspec security officer illusion though. People will figure it out eventually, but those few rounds it causes confusion are often enough.
pbangarth
Awesome!

Conflict here could go really bad, really quickly.
pbangarth
Very clever, Necrogigas. Slip in a hint to the new guy.

Now, can you remind me what O'Connor taught Torley?
Necrogigas
During the downtime before this mission O'Connor trained with Torley, working on his Dodge skill. It was in exchange for introducing O'Connor to a shaman contact of his.

Downtime Starts on pg. 3

It's nothing from a mechanical standpoint, just a call back.
pbangarth
Thx!
Necrogigas
Hey, pbangarth. How caught up are you on Torley? Do you want a rundown on his standing with the others?
pbangarth
Sounds good. I'm back now and could use a refresher. Thanks.
Necrogigas
O'Connor: The two have a synergy with their skillsets, such as an effective good cop bad cop routine. They don't trust each other fully though. O'Connor doesn't think he has or will see the real man behind the mask. Torley finds O'Connor unpredictable and unstable.

Snow: Torley "knew her professionally" as a joygirl before she joined the team. Both are charsmatic social types, so tend to agree on how to handle situations, at least when the team actually bothers to make a plan first.

Clem: She's the one that Torley's had the least interaction with, but there's a professional respect and no personality conflicts. Clem's so tactiturn and guarded that that sentence applies pretty much to everyone but Con.

Farothel is still around, so he can cover Sammy's relationship with Torley.
pbangarth
Thanks. I think the situation right now is that the wayward son is still a bit confused, but one of his lackeys is challenging O'Connor directly. Or now Clem. Starlet has moved on with the package a short distance and Snow is in between. Clem is in the middle of things. Snow is in between Starlet and the annoyance.

Maybe just split up and get the parcel delivered? These clowns present no real threat?

Crossbow
Sorry for falling of the Earth, I am trying to get back on track.

With that in mind, never me give me an intiative and a surprise roll.
pbangarth
Torley

Initiative 7( 1pass) = 7 dice: 4 hits === 11 (remember Combat Paralysis)

Surprise 7 dice: 2 hits
Necrogigas
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 1 = Pool 10

Initiative: 10d6t5 3

Intiative Score: 13

Suprise
Suprise Test: 10d6t5 2
pbangarth
You'd think with a bunch of aggressive drunks in front of us we wouldn't be surprised. You'd think.
Necrogigas
We're so focused on the drunks, we're about to be blinded sided by something else perhaps.
pbangarth
Oh yeah. The rest of the far-away place where we don't belong or fit in.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 27 2020, 02:43 PM) *
Oh yeah. The rest of the far-away place where we don't belong or fit in.

Actually, Torley has only really felt comfortable now and on his last run to VI.

You are probably right about the surprise it was more about whether you would actually be in a position to respond when Viktor finally got to kick off the festivities.

Basically everyone has one guy engaging in HTH, with 2 on O'Conner and one hanging back.
Crossbow
Is O'Conner using an action for full defense? If not roll two normal defenses and take your action.

Torley, you are receiving a charge so you get an extra die for your defense.
farothel
I'll continue unless you guys call me back. I have a few fun tricks up my sleeve if needed.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 28 2020, 12:37 AM) *
Is O'Conner using an action for full defense? If not roll two normal defenses and take your action.

Torley, you are receiving a charge so you get an extra die for your defense.

Torley is going on full defense, so he doesn't get that extra die to his counterattack.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 29 2020, 07:14 PM) *
Torley is going on full defense, so he doesn't get that extra die to his counterattack.

You are receiving a charge, you always get a +1 die to your defense, regardless of the type.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 29 2020, 09:48 PM) *
You are receiving a charge, you always get a +1 die to your defense, regardless of the type.

Ah, I was confused by the text on page 159 regarding a +1 to attack. Looking at the table a couple of pages earlier I would have given Torley another die. I'll edit the IC post.

EDIT: Wow. The one die made a difference.
farothel
Where we supposed to give this package to a specific person (or make sure a specific person did not get it)?
pbangarth
Specific receiver. I'm on my slooow phone, but it is in the IC thread. The fat guy told us who.
pbangarth
Aww, the GM has to have some fun, too, right?
Necrogigas
Initiative: 10d6t5 1

Round 2 Initiative: 11
pbangarth
Initiative Round 2 7 dice: 2 hits === 9
Crossbow
If anyone is taking active defense, roll it now.
pbangarth
Torley stays on Full Defense

11 dice (remembered the extra die for receiving a charge this time) : 5 hits

You know, the desperate gambler thinks, "eventually my luck will turn, and I'll start winning". It doesn't work that way.

Yet, I keep fearing this string of good rolls will eventually dry up and I will pay dearly.
Necrogigas
O'Connor won't be using full defense
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Sep 11 2020, 02:00 PM) *
O'Connor won't be using full defense

Sorry I wasn't clear, you still need to make two unarmed defense checks
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Sep 12 2020, 10:33 AM) *
Sorry I wasn't clear, you still need to make two unarmed defense checks

Rolls added to my latest post
Necrogigas
So Torley's learning he has a backup career as a matador. Clem's kicking ass, as expected. O'Connor is, at best, only doing chip damage. How's Snow's fight going? Trading blows makes it seem like an even fight, but I don't remember her having much in the way of physicality.
pbangarth
Happy Birthday, Necro!
Crossbow
Trading blows is an even fight, but they are HURTING each other. The one that comes out the other side it not going to be worth much. Again, Snow was built to be your medic, 2nd face, 3rd GUN and the only one of you that could use a computer. Torley is getting lucky as hell.
Necrogigas
Initiative: 10d6t5 3
Round 3 Initiative: 13

Could O'Connor make it to Snow, orr is he hemmed in ?
Crossbow
Not really, though with your dodge, anything is possible.
pbangarth
In and out of touch the next few days as we are moving.
farothel
If I was mistaken with the statement that we don't have a specific contact person, please do let me know. Otherwise I'll just hand the package to him, telling who it is from (unless we're not supposed to mention that) and leave.
farothel
I'm confused. What thief?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (farothel @ Sep 20 2020, 01:24 AM) *
I'm confused. What thief?

The thief that stole the King's maguffin. We need to find it so that we can get into the auction for the other maguffin. That's not even mentioning the original maguffin we were looking for.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Sep 20 2020, 04:29 AM) *
The thief that stole the King's maguffin. We need to find it so that we can get into the auction for the other maguffin. That's not even mentioning the original maguffin we were looking for.

Which the King's people are already in Lagos looking for, and if they get to him first, it will make your job a lot harder.
pbangarth
Where is everybody?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012