Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Crossbow
Damn, I am usually a lot better than that, sorry SleepI. (I think I like that nickname, that might stick)

Anyway, she is taking on Snow. I took care of the only GM business I had with the info, so if you want jump in on anything, feel free.

Jane has taken the 'L' on this round of "Trying to get along with Bullet Storm" and is moving on, so right now we are waiting for rolls from Starlet, and any special prep anyone needs.
SleepIncarnate
Speaking of Snow, the most current sheet info I can find for her is from the tail end of 2016 from the Dusk OOC thread. Do you happen to know if Mercy spent any karma or bought any gear/programs above and beyond all of this since that point? He never got around to posting an updated one here when you all moved over.

[ Spoiler ]

I'll be reading all of the IC stuff more in depth over the next few days so that I can get a feel for her and try to do her justice until such time as Mercy comes back or she is written out of the story.
farothel
ok, I'll do my rolls all here and then put the results in an IC post

first I'll start with the makeovers (both force 5). Sam, you're first.
Spellcasting (1 background): 10d6t5 4
I'll change your hair colour and skin tone slightly (as if you have gone in a sun salon for a session), as well as general cleaning up.

Drain 2: drain: 8d6t5 3 so no drain

then for me the same: Spellcasting (1 background): 10d6t5 2
only 2 hits, so I'll just go for a hair colour change and not much else.

drain 2: drain: 8d6t5 2 so no drain

now for the physical masks. All will be force 3 (except for the one on O'Connor), which should be enough to darken your skin and change your hair colour (or give the illusion of it) First Jane (that one goes into the sustaining focus). I'm going to do the same with all three (darken their skin to look like latina descent, make their hair black and make them older). If I can, I'll try to make them look like family.
Spellcasting (1 background): 12d6t5 4

drain 2: drain: 8d6t5 5 no drain

now O'Connor (force 5, so I can do more): Spellcasting (1 background): 12d6t5 3

drain 3: drain: 8d6t5 3 still no drain

then Snow (force 3 again): Spellcasting (1 background): 10d6t5 4

drain 2: drain: 8d6t5 3 and again no drain.

So now we have three people that look like family of each other.
Crossbow
If that sheet was in the DUSK thread, then it is updated to the best of my knowledge.
Crossbow
Alright, just to be clear, the thresholds for seeing through the masks are

Jane 5
O'Conner 3
Snow 3

and the all look to be Latino until Snow talks smile.gif

And Starlet is carrying around a +2 Distraction modifier, correct?
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 15 2019, 08:56 AM) *

Jane 5
O'Conner 3
Snow 3

What? Nooooo... Snow can totally pull it off.

"'Sup comra... Man."
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 15 2019, 08:51 AM) *
If that sheet was in the DUSK thread, then it is updated to the best of my knowledge.

Good to know. Now just need to figure out how much karma/nuyen Snow has to try and fill in some gaps in her tech support side of things.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 15 2019, 02:56 PM) *

Jane 5
O'Conner 3
Snow 3

And Starlet is carrying around a +2 Distraction modifier, correct?

No, it's threshold 3 for all (Jane's spell was only force 3 and force limits the amount of hits you can use) and I have a -4 distraction modifier, as I'm sustaining 2 spells (and one in the focus, but that one doesn't count). That's why you don't have to count on me for much unless I drop the spells.
As to the talking, that I can't solve. smile.gif
SleepIncarnate
I'm still working my way through the complete backlog of everything that has happened with Snow from her day one (about halfway through the Horizons bit right now), but I think I have a basic idea of how she thinks and speaks for now. I'll probably keep her relatively quiet for a bit until I get fully caught up and have a better idea of what has happened and is currently going on, but I did slip a post in to the IC for now. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to better get a feel for her in the mean time.
Crossbow
You know, I was joking about the accent thing, but I like how took it in. Also appreciate the tech pro advice. Good catch.

Need check-ins from everyone, IC or OOC before I push on, Thvor ? Necro? Bueller?
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Aug 19 2019, 10:46 AM) *
You know, I was joking about the accent thing, but I like how took it in. Also appreciate the tech pro advice. Good catch.

Need check-ins from everyone, IC or OOC before I push on, Thvor ? Necro? Bueller?

Well, from what I've seen of Snow, she still has a hint of the accent, even when trying to blend in. And it goes full blown when frustrated.
Crossbow
I was really hoping Thvor would show up, but if he hasn't by Sunday, one of you guys (farothel or Necrogigas) pick up his thread.
Thvor
I'm here. Was out-of-pocket the last two weeks, starting a new project up at work. Sorry, thought I'd posted a warning; doesn't look like I did.

I'll be catching up on the IC thread & then jumping back in.

And welcome to the team, SleepIncarnate!
Crossbow
Your Linguistics have finally kicked in, that part isn't the problem, but you are the mouthpiece, not family. No brown skin, unless Starlet wants to try her luck... biggrin.gif
farothel
speaking of going away warnings:
I'll be on holiday from the 31st of August until the 10th of September
I should have WiFi except maybe the last 3 days (and during the flights of course)
but I might be a bit slow to reply
Crossbow
I will move you on to the market shortly if no one has anything to post.
Crossbow
Sorry guys, we are being impacted by Hurricane Dorian, so things have been crazy.
farothel
no problem whatsoever. Be safe first, game second.
SleepIncarnate
Yeah. Stay safe down there. We'll be here when things settle down for you.
Necrogigas
Be safe.
SleepIncarnate
I know we've been quiet the past week and a half or so. Just giving you guys a heads up that in about a week or so, I'll be getting a lot quieter for about 4-6 weeks. I'm finishing up my CDL academy courses and test for the actual license on Friday. Soon as I get it, my vompany will try to get me on a truck with a mentor, which will last until I get 200 hours behind the wheel with her. I'll try to pop on when I can, but it will be via my phone rather than computer access.
farothel
Sure. I guess we're waiting for the next scene, as I think we're done here.
SleepIncarnate
That, and I think we're waiting to make sure Crossbow came out of the whole storm mess intact. I don't know the full extent of the damage in his specific area, but it's possible he's without phone and/or internet for a bit until the lines or towers or whatever get repaired.
Crossbow
Hey. I am alive. Posting soon. Between cleanup and catchup and getting a new job, life is crazy, but I am back.

I am in South Carolina for who ever asked.
Necrogigas
With decent clothing available, O'Connor going to buy two armored suits. If there's an available selection, one will be white three piece suit with a pink shirt, and the other a bright green zoot suit with a purple shirt.
farothel
If you need help, Sammy knows a few things about what's fashionable.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 1 2019, 04:40 AM) *
With decent clothing available, O'Connor going to buy two armored suits. If there's an available selection, one will be white three piece suit with a pink shirt, and the other a bright green zoot suit with a purple shirt.

Missing Miami Vice much? cool.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
Necrogigas
Jane gave O'Connor the directive of being the center of attention, so he's going super loud with his attire.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 1 2019, 12:02 PM) *
Jane gave O'Connor the directive of being the center of attention, so he's going super loud with his attire.

You go boi! smile.gif
Necrogigas
QUOTE (farothel @ Oct 1 2019, 07:33 AM) *
If you need help, Sammy knows a few things about what's fashionable.

Since buying that suit for the meet for this job, O'Connor's been bitten by the fashion bug somewhat. He likes how a tailored suit makes him feel, and how others react to it. As a grungy type by nature and environment, he's rather embarrassed by this new intrest. So while open to critique and advice, he isn't going to seek it out. Sammy will need to offer such.

QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 1 2019, 07:36 AM) *
Missing Miami Vice much? cool.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif

To answer your question, I did in fact use Miami Vice as inspiration.
Necrogigas
Masterpost for the team's cover for this leg of the run.

QUOTE (Chavez Cartel)
O'Connor: Raphael Chavez, Head of Family
Jane: Julia Chavez
Snow: Elena Chavez
(Raphael, Julia, and Elena are siblings)

Starlet: Maria, Julia's druggie side piece
Torley: Translator, bodyguard
Clem: Bodyguard

I might have missed it, but I don't think we locked down what Jane and Snow's positions/specialties were in the "Chavez Cartel." We also don't have cover names for Torley or Clem.

I still think we should have O'Connor toting the rifle and be all "Say hello to my little friend." Then switch Torley from bodyguard to consigliere.
Crossbow
Clem and Torley are Clem and Torley, runners hired by the Cartel as personal security. Julia and Elena's positions in the Cartel are "Raphael's sisters." It was meant to be a thin cover to get you guys to the airport. You guys want to do more with it, feel free.
farothel
Given that we don't have any SINs, fake or otherwise, for those names, I don't think we can.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 3 2019, 08:17 AM) *
It was meant to be a thin cover to get you guys to the airport.

Oh. I thought this was going to be a thing.
SleepIncarnate
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Oct 3 2019, 03:06 PM) *
Oh. I thought this was going to be a thing.

We could make it a thing…. Not sure how much Sammy would appreciate having to hold the illusions that long, but we could.
Crossbow
Like I said, take it as far as you want to.
farothel
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Oct 4 2019, 05:53 AM) *
We could make it a thing…. Not sure how much Sammy would appreciate having to hold the illusions that long, but we could.

As long as I don't have to do anything else, it's no problem. I'm currently at a -4 for all actions (I think) as I'm sustaining 3 spells (O'Connor, Jane and Snow) and have only one sustaining focus.
Thvor
Hey, all. Sorry for the long absence. I'm returning from the dead; will get caught up on the IC thread this morning.
Crossbow
Welcome back to the living Thvor, I will let you know when I can join you.

So that things are clear, purchases being made are armored clothing (3/0) just so no one thinks they are getting full body armor rating bikinis.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Oct 26 2019, 09:04 PM) *
Welcome back to the living Thvor, I will let you know when I can join you.

So that things are clear, purchases being made are armored clothing (3/0) just so no one thinks they are getting full body armor rating bikinis.

Ow, I've Always wanted a bikini that rated as full body armour nyahnyah.gif

I'm not going to buy anything, as I have my armour jacket and that will get me in most locations and if it's more formal, I'll have my executive suit outfit which has more armour.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Oct 3 2019, 08:53 PM) *

No, no. It's fine, mearly my misunderstanding.
Thvor
Sam's not buying anything; he doesn't need it, and bodyguards don't generally get to shop at the same time/location as their employers.
farothel
Just to let you know that from Sunday until Wednesday I'll be on a congress for work and while there should be WiFi, I probably won't have time to check here. So don't worry if you don't hear from me, I'll be back.
farothel
Just to let you know that from Sunday until Wednesday I'll be on a congress for work and while there should be WiFi, I probably won't have time to check here. So don't worry if you don't hear from me, I'll be back.
SleepIncarnate
Back. Sorry for the absence. Getting me onto my own truck was layered with tons of issues of its own, plus having to rush home to move everything into storage because one roomie failed to pay her portion of the rent, and the other bounced his rent check. Things should be settling down now for me, and I'll see about catching up, even with the little bit I missed.
Crossbow
Pushing forward, sorry again for the disappearance, again frown.gif

SleepIncarnate
Quick question, how good are these MAD scanners? I assume they detect the implanted link, but what about Snow's other bits of ware? Specifically, the bits she doesn't know about. Do they completely miss those, or should I expect her to be taken aside for those?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Nov 16 2019, 08:13 PM) *
adepts will lose 3 power points, chosen by the player

O'Connor has three power points after entering the domain. He'll keep Improved Reflexes at Rank 2 (2.5 power points), and Improved Ability (Dodge) at Rank 1 (0.5 power points)
farothel
with only magic 2 left over, don't expect too much from me.
Crossbow
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Nov 17 2019, 12:12 AM) *
Quick question, how good are these MAD scanners? I assume they detect the implanted link, but what about Snow's other bits of ware? Specifically, the bits she doesn't know about. Do they completely miss those, or should I expect her to be taken aside for those?

All I can tell you is that you are not given any special attention. Assume from that what you will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012