Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Necrogigas
Do you know what message Lil' Homie is going to bring to the Grandfather yet?
farothel
still waiting for the reply on the question Sammy asked Silence.
pbangarth
Free time tonight. I will have Torley take a stab at the note to grandpa.
pbangarth
Heh, Google translate has a bit of trouble with Igbo. Try a few phrases English to Igbo, and then see what it comes up with in the other direction.
farothel
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 27 2021, 09:43 PM) *
Heh, Google translate has a bit of trouble with Igbo. Try a few phrases English to Igbo, and then see what it comes up with in the other direction.

That's very normal, especially with more obscure languages (even in Shadowrun the languages there have very little lingua softs)
See here for an explanation from someone who actually studied all this.
pbangarth
Have to go do some repairs at the cottage. Will connect as often as I can there. Back home on the 9th.
Crossbow
Okay, give me the shopping list, and then Torley's dice to roll. I will do the rolls offline and return the list with the negtiated price of what is availabe. The local markets are not going to have everything, and certainly nothing modded.
pbangarth
I'll wait to see how many rolls. I just found a spot with 3 bars cell service!
Necrogigas
For O'Connor
Smoke Grenade, Thermal x4
Flashbang x12
Binoculars x2
Bandolier for the grenades

Anyone else needed anything?
farothel
a copy of the clean water formula for hermetic tradition would be nice, but I doubt they will have it on the market there. I'll probably have to ask my own contact about that. And we need XP for me to learn it anyway.

A bunch of those smoke and thermal smoke grenades could also be useful for me. Say 2 of each.
A couple of Esprit petit brume grenades can also be useful, if they have them.
pbangarth
Three bars again! What the hell, some smoke grenades for Torley, too.
Necrogigas
So all totaled
Smoke Grenade, Thermal x8
Flashbang x14
Binoculars x2
Bandolier for the grenades
pbangarth
Back home now. Ready to roll.
farothel
Still waiting for the reply from Silence on my question.
pbangarth
Is someone waiting for something from Torley?
Necrogigas
I'm waiting for Crossbow.
farothel
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Aug 15 2021, 03:47 AM) *
I'm waiting for Crossbow.

Same here. But this has happened before, so just give it a bit.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Aug 10 2021, 11:54 AM) *
Still waiting for the reply from Silence on my question.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1355869
farothel
Sorry, must have missed that one. Also, I'll be on holiday for the next week. While I will have Wifi I'll be out doing touristy stuff and might be slower in responding.
Necrogigas
Crossbow, are you waiting for something from us? Because we're all waiting for you.
pbangarth
I think farothel's question is answered, no? We two still need to do some shopping.
farothel
Yes it was, but I've asked a new one. Or at least did some conversation.
pbangarth
Going up to the cottage till Friday. Will check in as reception allows.
Crossbow
Sorry guys, new job and family is kicking my ass. Not guaranteeing anything. I do need a concise list, with seems to just be grenades, and the total dice for torley to roll.
pbangarth
New job and ass-kicking family? Lucky you.

Torley gets CHA 6 + Negotiation 4+2 + Kinesics 3 = 15 dice for bartering prices. I'm back now, so I can roll however many times it is needed.
pbangarth
Off to the cottage again till Sunday. I'm taking character sheets. There is a tree by the Seniors' Centre in the village under which I can get two, sometimes three bars on my cell phone (weather permitting). I will try to keep up.
pbangarth
Here's a bunch of rolls for bartering:

1) 4 hits

2) 7 hits

3) 5 hits

4) 7 hits

5) 4 hits
pbangarth
Torley won't barter for the price of the bottled drink. smile.gif
pbangarth
As a matter of interest to Torley, are there other languages being spoken in the market?
farothel
Probably, as there are a lot of dialects in Lagos.
Crossbow
I am very sorry for disappearing so long guys. The new job is kicking my ass, my depression is kicking my ass and it looks like I am getting a divorce. I hope some of that gives me a pass for the radio silence.

Thanks for keeping things going here and making the rolls I didn't ever get around to.

pbangarth
Holy shit. I've had two of those three at once, so I feel for you. We will all soldier on.
Necrogigas
Sorry to hear that, let us know if you need to put the campaign in hiatus.

I've lost my notes and have no clue where we're at money wise. Anyone have it recorded what our up front payment was, how much we got for the per diem on the first leg of the run, and what we got after it was raised?
pbangarth
While we consider our future, consider this:

Torley, decked out in sparkling, coruscating rainbow hued finery, broad-brimmed hat angled just-so, sashaying down the chic, high-rent shopping district. Finger-shooting the lesser mortals who stop and stare at his confident parade. This playing in his mind, and maybe, just maybe, in the air about him, projected into the mundane world by the power of his magnificence.
farothel
I'm also not sure what our current per diem is, but money wise, I'm still good. I still have about 33,000 nuyen at the moment from our first runs (as mage I don't need too much money). I'm wondering when we get some extra karma, as I'm in dire need of that (my last update to my file was in 2016).
Crossbow
Btw, since I didn't mention it in in the post, the granade come 12 to a case.
Necrogigas
Since no one has notes, I've been combimg through the old posts.
Original agreement was
Daily rate: 2,000¥ per person
Per Diem: 250¥ per person, with five days paid upfront
Finder fee: 20,000¥ to the team

We renegoitated after switching focus from the sextant to the map
Per Diem: 500¥ per person, with two days given before returning to Lagos.

So each runner has been paid a total of 2,250¥ in the form of 45,000 naira.
Necrogigas
O'Connor's low on funds without using his own money.

Expenses
Six Pack of Beer x4: 120 naira
Armored Suits x2: Price never specified
Zen Tabs x6: 300 naira
Commlink: 20,000 naira
Meal and shopping trip with Lil' Homie: Price never specified

Torley's been handling the bribes, haven't gone back through and tallied those, but they've been constant.

I don't think Starlet's had too many expenses though. She may need to fund this.

100¥ (2000 naira) for tac-gear and 1000¥ (20,000 naira) per grenade case.
We're here for thermal smoke, and flashbangs. A case of tear gas, and some gas masks, might be worth picking up too.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Apr 23 2020, 09:17 AM) *
A courier arrive with a massage from the Adegoke.

Just so it is clear, do not interfere with our efforts in Lagos. I want the thief to stand trial, AND the statue returned. Do this and you will be given entrance to the auction.

Oh, I also found this post while trying to figure out the finances. The idol and thief are a package deal to get the invite. Crossbow, can I roll a memory test for O'Connor to remember this and realize that Jane is in fact trying to frag us over?
farothel
We have the thief, right. He doesn't have to know we're going to deliver him to the king later.
Necrogigas
O'Connor already has a plan for that. The problem is that we asked Jane for clarification when none of you believed me when I said the thief and idol were a package deal. She said that the idol was all we need and suggested that we hire the thief. We're being set up.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Sep 29 2021, 06:52 AM) *
Oh, I also found this post while trying to figure out the finances. The idol and thief are a package deal to get the invite. Crossbow, can I roll a memory test for O'Connor to remember this and realize that Jane is in fact trying to frag us over?

Context matters. The message you reference is from right after when the deal was negotiated. Torley later had a conversation with Jane AFTER you had Silence, and told you to honor the deal you made with him.

O'Connor, especially, would know that Jane is one of those Robin Hood, criminal with a heart of gold type Shadowrunners after the conversation he had with her outside of that Tamanous Clinic. If she told you to honor the deal she might know more than you know about Adeoke's disposition, or did you think she was just sunning herself by a pool this whole time? You showing up at Adeoke's with Silence might be a thing you could do to REALLY piss her off, considering you would be going against her instructions AND showing dishonorable intent by breaking the deal you have with Silence, thus making HER look bad as her representatives.

Also, I should point out that you had already violated THAT deal, or did you think that getting Adeoke's soldiers into a shootout with the Area Boys would not not be considered interference?

Final point, I just checked, O'Connor does not have paranoia, but you are real close to role-playing your way into a negative quality you don't get any points for. wink.gif
Necrogigas
You're seriously threatening to punish me for being suspicious in a game of Shadowrun? O'Connor hasn't trusted Jane's motives or actions from the onset. The kerfuffle of the opening meet saw to that. A kerfuffle of your own making by forcing Snow to not be there and then punishing the team for it.

O'Connor didn't do shit to the Army. They chased him after instantly pinpointing supressed fire. They shot at him, and he ignored them. He then went to engage the Area Boys and got shot at by both sides. He got out of the line of fire and then they started shooting at each other.
pbangarth
I dropped into this thread quite late, so I don't know the history from before. Let me have a chance to refresh Torley's understanding of recent events before we get deeper into a hole about right/wrong roles. So far, as I understand Torley, he is loathe to break a promise to a 'teammate', but let's see where the actual profit lies.
Crossbow
No, I wasn't serious, thus the smiley-con.

I am not questioning O'Connor's motivation, I am using the OOC thread to try and make some things known. 0
Crossbow
Why would she be trying to jam up the team she hired?
pbangarth
Got pulled away. Back Monday.
pbangarth
Sorry. Trying to sell our cottage and stuff happened. I'll do some research today.
pbangarth
Going back a bit through the IC thread, I find a few points of note.

We are now being paid 500 nuyen per diem more than the original contract. I don't know what that adds up to, but we have a few thousand nuyen we haven't used yet. More importantly, in post #608 of the IC thread, Jane tells us more money can come if we need it. I presume that can show up the way our per diem does? So the cost of the new materials we are getting should be covered, even if we have to go to the bank of mommy to get the cash.

What I don't know is how many crates will fill the shopping list O'Connor has put together. and how the two of us propose to transport those crates back to the hotel room.

Past Englebrecht's man.
Crossbow
One case of each would more than fill out your shopping list, and while you are a couple of days short on your per diem you should still have enough to cover the tab.

As for transporting the crates, the man has several varieties of mil-spec gear that should fit the bill. Rucksacks, duffle bags, even foot lockers. The grenades come in ammo cans which are fairly easy to transport.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012