Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Crossbow
While not as quiet, it is not as distinctive as gunfire. You just need to move into LOS.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 15 2020, 10:37 AM) *
While not as quiet, it is not as distinctive as gunfire. You just need to move into LOS.

I thought I already saw him, no?
Crossbow
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 6 2020, 11:13 PM) *
You haven't moved from the location you were last described as being. Silence is apparently on a rooftop, being watched by a spirit, who is being watched by Starlet, who is waiting with Torley, both of whom are being observed by Bullet Storm from a few buildings away at elevation.

QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 15 2020, 06:37 AM) *

QUOTE (farothel @ Dec 16 2020, 06:29 AM) *
I thought I already saw him, no?

No, you could move to get where you can see him, but not before O'Conner's shot, which will bring him into sight easier.
farothel
Concealment means that everybody searching for us now has a -3 dice penalty to their checks (spirit's magic).
So it will be easier for us to disappear into the crowd without other magic, although I still have invisibility if needed.

3 services left for the spirit.
Necrogigas
Since the thief and idol have to come as set, do either of you have handcuffs?
Crossbow
I am going to need a Leadership or Intimidation roll, depending on how you are playing it, from Starlet.

Crossbow
Still keeping you guys out of rounds for the moment, so what is the plan Necrogigas? Lead the army into a shoot out with the Area Boys?
Necrogigas
I'm trying to lead them off, like I was asked to. If they happen to get into a fight with the Area Boys, then that's what happens. So long as they don't find the others, the army can do, or not do, whatever.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Dec 18 2020, 05:42 PM) *
I am going to need a Leadership or Intimidation roll, depending on how you are playing it, from Starlet.

AS I have neither, can I use CON? I'm at this moment not really planning on giving him up (at least not without a large payday).
pbangarth
I felt lately that I / Torley had been taking too much of the bandwidth. So, of course, I back off right when Torley has the right skills. I'll be all Canadian and apologize.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 19 2020, 01:23 PM) *
I felt lately that I / Torley had been taking too much of the bandwidth. So, of course, I back off right when Torley has the right skills. I'll be all Canadian and apologize.

You have been doing a great job prodding things along, don't think otherwise, this game wouldn't have made it 8 years without someone being the guy dragging us along at different times. farothel, roll starlet's straight charisma, Torley can use the successes to enhance his pool when he rolls for the speech he is about to make. Call it coordination after the fact.
pbangarth
Oh. Alright. Thanks, Crossbow. Glad to be the current prod.

Now I should think up a speech, huh?
farothel
Okay, here it is: charisma: 4d6t5 1
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 19 2020, 05:55 PM) *
Oh. Alright. Thanks, Crossbow. Glad to be the current prod.

Now I should think up a speech, huh?

That would be necessary yes.
pbangarth
Been busy being festive. Back into the fray, now.
Crossbow
Ditto, I will post soon,
Crossbow
Sorry that took so long guys, I was actually preparing to travel for training on a new job when I posted that.
Necrogigas
Starting off on full defense.
Necrogigas
Is the burst fire wide or narrow? And which rolls belong to which group?
pbangarth
Yeah! Maybe I wanna choose whose bullets kill me! biggrin.gif
Necrogigas
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 11 2021, 09:33 AM) *
Yeah! Maybe I wanna choose whose bullets kill me! biggrin.gif

If the soldiers' attacks are wide bursts, then they impose negative modifiers to my defense roll. So, I do need to know which attacks are which.
pbangarth
I know, I know. Just having some fun.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Jan 11 2021, 02:24 PM) *
Is the burst fire wide or narrow? And which rolls belong to which group?

They are narrow bursts, that will probably change if you dodge everything, but for now they don't think they need the advantage. The military fire is the first two rolls, because they had a higher init than the Area Boys.
Crossbow
Damn, 4 shooters, 16 bullets, 6 dodges, and only 1 box of damage, and that only because the AK-97 has -1 AP and one of your damage rolls had a 6 as the last friggin' die.

Nice cool.gif
pbangarth
All part of the plan, Crossbow. All part of the plan.
Necrogigas
Very glad that worked.

Dice roll post edited.
Crossbow
The only cover to be had is rolling off the roof.
pbangarth
Hmmm .. which would hurt more, a couple of bursts of auto fire, or a fall from the roof?
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 12 2021, 03:31 PM) *
Hmmm .. which would hurt more, a couple of bursts of auto fire, or a fall from the roof?

?????

Gunfire, these a one story building built in mud.
Crossbow

?????

Crossbow

?????

pbangarth
OK, I have to use emojis more. I was attempting to be facetious.
pbangarth
Well done, O'connor! Two sets of our opponents attacking each other. Torley will be thoroughly impressed.
farothel
Have we seen this idol? Because if we haven't, I can't really send my spirit up there as it wouldn't know what to look for.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Jan 14 2021, 03:54 AM) *
Have we seen this idol? Because if we haven't, I can't really send my spirit up there as it wouldn't know what to look for.

You have not, you have a physical description, but that won't help with a spirit.
pbangarth
Sorry if this is in the thread somewhere. What is that description that we have?

Is there a way a spirit could be worked to read the image from the adepts mind?

Do we have a name for it? In which case we might be able to look it up in the Matrix, Sammy could put the image in her mind, and then the spirit has it?
Crossbow
It is a small bronze statue of a man, about a half meter tall, it is an item that has great historical significance to Oni
Adegoke and the Yoruba. I may not have told you a description before, but you know what you are looking for.

Spirit searches are very difficult unless you have a material link or a strong connection to the item, neither is the case here.
Necrogigas
Well, if the spirit can't locate the idol, it could at least scout out the compound. Having a rough layout and enemy numbers is a lot better than going in blind. We could get lucky and the Area Boys have a number of people guarding the idol. A clutter of gangers not engaging the soldiers could be the x on the treasure map, as it were.
pbangarth
Excellent idea.
farothel
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Jan 15 2021, 12:24 AM) *
Spirit searches are very difficult unless you have a material link or a strong connection to the item, neither is the case here.

There is a reason I always check auras when I come into a room. Being able to supply an aura to a spirit is much easier for them to search.

QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Jan 15 2021, 12:30 AM) *
Well, if the spirit can't locate the idol, it could at least scout out the compound. Having a rough layout and enemy numbers is a lot better than going in blind. We could get lucky and the Area Boys have a number of people guarding the idol. A clutter of gangers not engaging the soldiers could be the x on the treasure map, as it were.

We can do that as soon as we're back in the compound. A remote service is when a spirit goes more than 500ft from me (magic x 100ft) if I recall correctly, but beyond that it doesn't matter how far. And within a city astral travel is instantaneous, so I would like to keep using the concealment power until we're at our compound before sending the spirit back for recon. By that time their combat is over and we have a better idea how the compound is doing.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (farothel @ Jan 14 2021, 10:24 PM) *
We can do that as soon as we're back in the compound. A remote service is when a spirit goes more than 500ft from me (magic x 100ft) if I recall correctly, but beyond that it doesn't matter how far. And within a city astral travel is instantaneous, so I would like to keep using the concealment power until we're at our compound before sending the spirit back for recon. By that time their combat is over and we have a better idea how the compound is doing.

Could you start this after securing a cab and are en route? I'm fuzzy on how far apart the hotel and Area Boy compound are, and traffic has been a huge factor at every turn.

I also want to do this during the fight since it'll draw alot of the opposition away. There's a huge time factor here. The moment Silence bolted, I feel a timer started counting down. The army's tied up, but we've been told there are many parties interested in the idol. I have a sinking feeling that if O'Connor isn't in and out quick, he'll have to contend with said third parties.
pbangarth
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the whole team back together soon? The sidelines must be getting pretty boring.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 18 2021, 01:53 AM) *
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the whole team back together soon? The sidelines must be getting pretty boring.

If there was someone around to run them, they wouldn't be on the sidelines.
pbangarth
Oh, shit. I didn't notice. I thought they were just in jail until the next day.
farothel
sorry for the short reply and the long wait, but I'm crazy busy with work.
Crossbow
I don't know what her kit's rating was, but I know she got it restocked, if someone wants to risk the autodoc in Snow's kit that is an option.
pbangarth
I'm in and out of more than one edition of SR, so I'm not sure of the following. Can a Heal spell be used after applying a medkit or only before? If we can use a medkit first, and we know the rating of the medkit, Torley has INT 5. Probably Sam would do better, but if farothel is too busy, we could wing it with the boys.
Crossbow
Once you use magical Healing, First Aid will not help. Snow's kit is rating 6.
Necrogigas
Sorry, pbangarth. That really should have been a Torley scene. I thought it was just going to be a bit of goon v. goon saber rattling. But Englebrecht sent the smart and really, really racist goon, with a message.

Did anyone ever look into Englebrecht? It seems important.

It honestly took me a bit to remember the Humanis fight waaaaaay back in the first run. That was ridiculously long ago.
Crossbow
Funny thing is, in game time, that wasn't even a year ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012