Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC New Beginnings DAWN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Crossbow
The odds of you having easy access to an accurate map of mainland Lagos are the same as him being able to find the compound on it, slim.
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Mar 10 2021, 10:14 PM) *
I would also point out, you have been going hard since you were awakened by the guards at about 0100 local yesterday.

That's a really good point. Could you give such reminders in the future for in-game time? I tend to lose track when an in-game day can take real-time months. I like to rp adepts as having power, but at a cost. So as I just posted, O'Connors powers have an extreme physical toll without rest, but I forget when to bring that into play. Passively I also liken his abilities to a near constant state of fight-or-flight. That's why he's almost always manic and/or aggressive.
farothel
I'll move slowly towards the compound, being very careful.
pbangarth
a small free spirit of a mischievous bent

A favourite toy of GM's worldwide.
pbangarth
Are we waiting for Torley to do something?
Crossbow
Not Torley specifically, but I can't send you to the next scene until you have a plan or at least decide to head that way. BTW, if you haven't refreshed edge, now is a good time for it.
pbangarth
Yay! My best friend, Mr. Edge. Saved my sorry, old ass many times.
pbangarth
Keeping this post from scrolling off the bottom of the list.
Crossbow
4th page Uzochi Compound

If you haven't already seen it, the compound is the fourth map.
farothel
Sammy is actually picking up on O'Conner's suggestion, not doing a suggestion of her own. That might not be completely clear when typing replies.
Necrogigas
Sure, but as O'Connor perceived it, his idea was shot down flat by both Starlet and Silence. Starlet then backtracked and it was only then given consideration.
Crossbow
Torley will need 2x each of skill rolls of the following:

Fast Talk
Etiquette
Shadowing
pbangarth
Yeah, I figured that little story would call for a few dice rolls.

Fast Talk: 4 + 2 + CHA 6 + Kinesics 3 = 15 dice

1) 6 hits

2) 4 hits

Etiquette : 4 + CHA 6 + Kinesics 3 = 13 dice

1) 2 hits

Not good enough for Torley! Use a point of Edge to reroll misses ==> 11 dice

3 hits ==> total 5 hits

2) 6 hits

Shadowing : 3 + INT 5 = 8 dice

1) 2 hits

Edge: 6 dice:2 hits ==> total 4 hits

2) Hmmm. Base dice pool is kinda low. I forgot the turning point of dice pool = 2.5X Edge pool. I'm adding Edge at the start ==> 12 dice, exploding 6s

8 hits Sorry, used the wrong code, I think, but it is clear.

1 Edge left, but I think this was a key action for Torley.
Crossbow
Good job, all around. This activity will take a few hours, so I will withhold a response to that for the moment, to give the rest of the group time to catch up to you.
pbangarth
And so the path to healing begins, with the smallest of us having the biggest effect.
pbangarth
Just posting here to keep from falling off the bottom of the discussion group.
pbangarth
I figured he'd be a safecracker, too.
Crossbow
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 21 2021, 12:34 PM) *
I figured he'd be a safecracker, too.

I didn't know it myself until I looked closely at his write up, though it makes sense.

That is why I made that last post, so you guys would have full knowledge of what the resource you have is worth while you make your plan, speaking of which, I can't do much more than I have done, you guys have to put whatever you are doing into motion.
Crossbow
Hello all, sorry I have gone radio silent for a bit, I am back in school. I will post a response to Torley soon.
pbangarth
Oops. I translated "lovely little" into 'young'.
pbangarth
Hey gang, I will be out of internet contact the week starting Sunday, June 13th. I may be able to find some connection on occasion, but it is a summer property with no direct internet and far from cell towers.
Crossbow
You guys realize I already gave you the map, right?
pbangarth
Yeah, but we are pooling our observations in the hopes that we can use the map semi-intelligently. Maybe add a bit or two from Torley's Excellent Scouting Adventure.
Crossbow
The surrounding area is not especially important, other than to say you can find good solid cover and clear fields of vision on the ground. The kitchen where the free spirit lives is marked and the safe with the ward on it is the little grey box in the room without a bed or toilet against the front wall.
pbangarth
Thanks!
Necrogigas
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jun 11 2021, 05:47 PM) *
Yeah, but we are pooling our observations in the hopes that we can use the map semi-intelligently. Maybe add a bit or two from Torley's Excellent Scouting Adventure.

This. Plus I was looking for any high points to stick Torley and Lil' Homie to act as spotters.
pbangarth
Heading to the cottage today.

There is a point at the top of the ridge that splits the island where cell phone reception sometimes works. We call the spot The Phone Booth. I'll try there sometimes to see if I can get through. If not, I'll be back on Sunday ... assuming the troubled ferry continues to work.
Crossbow
QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Jun 12 2021, 04:41 AM) *
I was looking for any high points to stick Torley and Lil' Homie to act as spotters.

You have no trouble finding such a thing, just assume a reasonable distance off the map.
farothel
I don't have the binding skill nor binding ingredients. So no binding spirits for me unfortunately.
Crossbow
Damn Necro, you are working hard for a Paranoid Neg Quality.

Who hurt you? * rotfl.gif silly.gif silly.gif
Necrogigas
It's not paranoia if I'm right. I stand by my assessment of Silence's behavior. You trying to throw me off the trail in the OOC thread, tells me I'm right. wobble.gif
pbangarth
Necrogigas, O'Connor's thoughts include a shopping trip. I can't find where he mentions that IC. Torley could offer to be guide, interpreter, negotiator with him. They would then have time to talk openly. I'm just not sure how Torley would know about it.
Necrogigas
He's been making a list of equipement and supplies they need for the plan. So the shopping trip is implied rather than discussed.
pbangarth
Thanks. That'll do.
Crossbow
QUOTE (farothel @ Jun 28 2021, 02:36 AM) *
"Some low level adepts," Sammy said, "and the one person who has created the wards. That's a mage of some talent and he might have some apprentices, but that's about it."

The creator of the ward was NOT on the site.
Crossbow
My crazy life has once again kept me from keeping up with you guys, please forgive. Hopefully things are calming down.
Crossbow
What is the message being passed to the grandfather?
Necrogigas
QUOTE (Crossbow @ Jul 6 2021, 04:45 AM) *
What is the message being passed to the grandfather?

QUOTE (Necrogigas @ Jun 27 2021, 11:47 PM) *
He turned to Torley to instruct the guide further on the matter.

O'Connor left the specific wording to Torley.
pbangarth
Oh!
pbangarth
AFK on and off till Friday. Will try to post.
Crossbow
Still waiting on the letter to grandfather. I started a new job, but it doesn't mess up my internet time so lets get hot again.
pbangarth
Yeah, I'm back now. We're working on it. Now that I have access to the thread, I can go back and refresh my memory on what we have discussed about the message to the old man.
Necrogigas
There wasn't much of a conversation about the potential meeting with the Grampa. Silence pointed out that he wouldn't openly act against the family, and O'Connor suggested getting information on the guard rotations, and maybe getting him to run some kind of interference.
farothel
we'll probably going to need Silence at least until the safe is open. And yes, we'll have to open it I think. I'm not sure how heavy it is, but there are limits to what even an ork can carry. smile.gif
Necrogigas
As stated in the IC discussion, O'Connor's addendum to the plan calls for Starlet to use a spirit to carry it away. The thief plans on betraying the team, so I doubt he'll ever actually open the safe.
pbangarth
Well, it is our working theory that the thief plans to betray us.
Necrogigas
Unless someone stops him, O'Connor is full steam ahead on fragging over Silence before he can frag the team. Does Torley have an alternative plan to mitigate Silence's betrayal after the fact?
pbangarth
I'm kinda TL:DR on the whole O'Connor goes off the deep end thing. Is there a history someone could fill me in on in 250 words or less? I don't know how Torley and O'Connor have interacted in the past in such situations.

Currently I am operating on the assumption that Torley suspects Silence to some degree, but isn't anywhere near the state in which O'Connor finds himself. During the shopping trip, Torley will be desperately trying to figure out what to do. As will I. I fear a public, violent rift among us right outside the compound will play right into the hands of the family, the King's guards, Englebrecht's people, and maybe even the Area Boys.

Battle of the Five Armies, anyone?
Necrogigas
Honestly there's no real set precedent. This run is the first time any of us has put so much time and effort into the planning stage, or talked anything out at all. The last time O'Connor got into a snit like this was about Red (technomamcer that Snow replaced) during our first run. The group was insanely large at that point, so I don't remember any significant interaction between Con and Torley during all that.
pbangarth
OK, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012