Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike

Well, hold crap on the cyberware roll.

Between various bodies there are the following bits of chorme:

2 Datajacks
4 Chipjacks
One cyberarm
4 sets of spurs
1 Smartlink II
One set of cybereyes with thermographic

Tanka
Hmm... Set of spurs and the Smartlink II could be useful, but they're used... Ech...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...my scrounge roll: 10, 10, 5, 1, 1. If anyything really cool comes out of that, right on. Apply it how you see fit, LM. He was looking for stuff and cybered dead guys.

On a personal, greedy note...Mickey does have an Alpha Datajack and a touch of computer skill. I realize it probably won't come into play much, but before the cyberdeck gets sold (and it probably will be) if there's any simple matrix stuff the gang wants done, Mickey's the closest thing to your man!

LM, I assume the 3 gangers that Baron scooped up for his box were okay? I kinda posted it that way before checking here. My apologies.

Oh, yeah...almost forgot...

Good job, Large Mike. *Raises his can of Coke in Salute!* Can't forget to thank the man making it all work!
Large Mike

There's not really any more to be added to the goodies pile. You'd find something if there was something more to find.

Much appreciated, that salute. And one back at'cha.
Large Mike

You guys need new members, to consolidate your holdings, and make sure you can keep what you have. I'm going to throw a pair of PCs your way, but other than that, you'll have to figure out what you're going to do about this.

I'm evil, and therefore it will not be handed to you.
Fresno Bob
Seems like Blitz is claiming it...
Digital Heroin
biggrin.gif Blitz is claiming at least one room of the apartment. Anyone who's not an Edger can try to get past him. They're gonna hurt for it.
Large Mike

Nick, 1 Karma for character development.

The garbageman thing kinda did it.
Fresno Bob
Cool.
Fresno Bob
Well, Nick has the cyberdeck...
Digital Heroin
And he's hiding things from the gang, eh? nyahnyah.gif
Fresno Bob
Indeed he is. biggrin.gif
Tanka
Need I roll sighing again? biggrin.gif

Oh, and, Mike: You never answered what toys I picked up (guns/ammo et al.) after the fight. I know you said there were three Pred IIIs and one was a cheap knockoff, I threw that one out. So I assume I have two more Pred IIIs and some more ammo. How much more?
Fresno Bob
So, is the initiation to this gang any weird ritual? Or is it just like, fight every member of the gang for a bit, or something?
Large Mike

There is enough ammo to fill each of the Preds, and two spare clips.

Previously, there hasn't been a single formalized initiation. Promo just usually sent them on a difficult errand or had them fight someone once they'd hung out long enough. Sometimes there wasn't even that. Occationally, if you hung out long enough, someone would just hand you some colors. The person that did the handing was usually the one to get it if that turned out to be a bad idea, though.
grimshear
Uhh... which of "us waiters" did you want to write ourselves in?

Grim Shear
"That be the dumbdest post I ever done see."
Large Mike

If I recall correctly, that's you, JK, and I can't remember who the third person is. I swear I sent you guys email about it.
Digital Heroin
Oh this is gonna be fun... *c* Blitz the sub intelligent Troll explains the finer art of life on the streets... *headshake* Alright... time for some ass kicking action... *already making new character*

Oh, any of you new guys want to earn your Bleeding Edge stripes... walk into the bar with a BFG and level the playing field. nyahnyah.gif
Fresno Bob
Shouldn't have gone alone into a loser bar, choomba. Don't worry, Nick'll be there to collect your corpse.

I dunno, if Large Mike is nice, he can rule that Nick hears gunfire or something as he rides by....
Digital Heroin
biggrin.gif That's if there's a corpse to collect, and not an empty bar... after all, this isn't just some blue collar schlub they're picking on...
Fresno Bob
Yes, but they do have guns pointed at you... However, you are a troll. I would not be surprised if you live.
Shadow
The bar is just down the street from the house, we could probably be there 18 seconds after we hear the first gun shots... oh 18 seconds. Sorry bro.
Tanka
6 rounds, ouchie... Although, the average ganger has no form of 'ware other than a datajack and possibly some really low-level stuff. You just have to fear the magically active, that's all.
Digital Heroin
*prepping response* You'll see my chummers, you'll see... Blitz is dumb, but he's got combat instincts...
Fresno Bob
I bet a grenade would clear out the bar.
Digital Heroin
How many patrons we talking here? There pool tables? Anything else that could be thrown? *g*
Tanka
How much does a pool ball do? Those things hurt, man...
Fresno Bob
It says in Cannon Companion. I guess they anticipated this exact thing.
Tanka
Heh, true enough.

Like I said... Those things hurt!
Fresno Bob
As do pool cues.
Digital Heroin
11L *g* That's just evil nasty... he has to default to strenth for throwing the pool balls, but he's on home turf, eh... so that's 11 dice at what TN 5? Yeah... first the bottle, just need to know the odds...
Tanka
After this you should blow some karma on Throwing Weapons. Might make for a fun tactic to throw, oh, I dunno, a ganger at their mage? biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
*g* That's my thought... or save it for initiation, and take the Adept power of Missile Mastery... maybe do both...
Fresno Bob
You gonna post, then?
Digital Heroin
Waiting on the odds... need to know how many people Blitz is gonna be taking down...
grimshear
There we go, 'lil back up for Blitz. smile.gif

Grim Shear
"Death to the midget pron!"
Fresno Bob
Smooth.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh! That bar scene's gonna be cool! I predict karma in the single digits..! biggrin.gif
grimshear
Oi!

I'm being pretty subtle here! smile.gif

I could have whipped it out and been like "Okay, who wants some?"

But I didn't... so I'm subtle nyahnyah.gif

Grim Shear
"Don't you even think of saying 'neener' to me."
Large Mike

A prediction of Karma in the single digits is correct. Grimshear, 2 Karma. I liked Blitz and wanted to keep him.

There are about 14-18 guys in the bar, all told.

Yes, you both are bad-ass, but I *do* recommend taking a walk.
grimshear
As I taught my players this week: it doesn't matter if you're a bad ass if there's like six of them beating on you...

Especially not if they have dikoted Cougar Longblades, and skill 7 smile.gif

Grim Shear
"How about if I just stick this... here!"
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay, here's a street etiquette test, backed up with either gang identification or gang territory (or both) rolls. The purpose is to locate and identify prostitutes and who they are or were allied with.

Street Etiquette: 3,3,2,1,1,8
gang identification: 1,1,5,7,15
gang territory: 2,3,4,8,11

Next, a street etiquette roll to make the transition smoother.

Street Etiquette: 1,1,2,5,7,10

Finally, a Leadership roll, just in case it's needed to lead the prostitutes or the gang members assigned to me.

Leadership: 3,4,5,5

I'll rollplay it out when it comes, this is just to make your job easier, L.M.
Tanka
Perception for meanest looking: 1, 2, 4, 5

The dice gods hate me. Not that finding a mean-looking troll shouldn't be hard.

Who do I point to and what do they have? biggrin.gif
JongWK
Here I am.

Just in case something happens while I'm sleeping, a few rolls:

Intelligence - 3, 4, 5, 8, 13 (whoa, haven't seen one of those in a while!)

Reaction - 1, 1, 3, 4, 5 (slowwwww)

Body - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 10

Etiquette (Street) - 2, 3, 3, 5, 5

Intimidation (Physicall) - 2, 3, 5, 5, 11
Fresno Bob
Ok, I'm a little late...
Large Mike

Well, Nick, Mickey, Bruised, and Widow are out talking to the hookers.

Junkie is locked in the closet.

That leaves Ghost, Kake, Blitz, and Mother.

Pick who you will from that, tanka.
Large Mike

Well, cheeseEmporer is not responding. So, Moosegod, you're up. You'll have to resend your character.
Fresno Bob
Mmm, new gangers.
Grey
*pokes his head in*

Its been a while since I kept up with this thread, I see that there are some spots opening back up. Where am I on the waiting list?
Tanka
Well, we can't entirely leave the grounds unattended, and I think it'd be just plain funny to bring Mother along, as well as Blitz. Ghost, I'm sure, can take care of the new girl and take care of any idiots who try to take him out.

So, Blitz, care to talk to the businesses around here? I'm sure Mother will be more than happy to come along, she'll be the "mouth in the back of my head." nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012