Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike

You are after Lindt, Grey. Currently 4th.
Digital Heroin
Roll some pimps? Sounds like fun... was gonna have Blitz go talk to one of his contacts to get a line on the BTL trade... but that can wait...
Tanka
Doctor Zhivago... You thief. nyahnyah.gif

DH: Our job is to head out to actual businesses, not street businesses. biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Man, hella take down these pimps Taxi Driver style, you know? You walk up, put the muzzle of your gun against his belly, say "Eat this.", then BLAM, pimp guts all over the wall, you know?
Digital Heroin
Alright... well, the Loser pub should be easy enough, relativly... but with regards to pimps, Blitz'll want the one who frequents Skags... it is his old haunt after all... biggrin.gif
Large Mike

Thief? What, me?

NO!
Fresno Bob
a woman named Jones. He differs

Er, thats supposed to read She, right?
Digital Heroin
Shhhh... she doesn't know she's a woman...
Fresno Bob
Ah, but of course.
JongWK
wobble.gif I'm a bit confused: It's just Ghost, Painkiller, Blitz and Gent who are there, right? Or am I forgetting someone?
Large Mike

Oh, crap. Chalk it up to to many things on my plate at the moment. Jones is a man. I don't know why I wrote woman. Probably because I was taking notes regarding the prostitutes at the time.

Hey, everyone be in awe of my ultra-full plate. 1. Just started a new job. 2. I've been asked to go to Gencon and GM for Fanpro, so I'm a) writing my butt off, b) trying to get the money together and c) making arrangements. 3. I've been asked to sing/songwrite for a band. Much singing and songwriting involved.

So, if I'm off in places, or use a home-game house-rule accidentally, please forgive me.
Fresno Bob
Its cool.
grimshear
WooHoo! Everybody try to slip stuff by the thin-stretched GM! biggrin.gif

Grim Shear
"No, not really."
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Maybe ya oughta change your name to Large and in Charge Mike. biggrin.gif

Anyhoo...Street etiquette test for each of the 4 pimps.

Jones: 1,4,5,2,2,11

Teng: 1,1,2,5,9,10

Mickey: 1,2,2,3,5,7 (Crap!)

Dr. Zhivago: 1,3,4,4,10,21 (Woohoo! Man, I got this guy pegged! I bet that's 4 successes!)

Considering the exotics, I'll use my street doc contact to learn more about Dr. Zhivago, too and my squatter contact for more research on all of 'em. I'll post those calls after I find out what I know about these four. Just givin' ya a heads up so you can plan what each contact might know about each pimp.

Okay, perception test to try and spot Teng. Don't forget my Perceptive edge.
Large Mike

Well, for Jones, you contacts know that he's actually just an average joe + hookers. He has a day job at a plastics processing plant, and very few people know he's a pimp. Other than being a sexist, abusive s.o.b., he's quite normal. He dresses normal, watches sports, and sits at the bar drinking beer. There's not much more to it.

Teng is the classic pimp. He's got fur, an enterage, a driver, the works. He's also a big, big, technofetishist. He's chromed to the balls, and it's all shiney. Most of his entourage is, too. Lots of shiney bits of chrome.

Mikey is a fat, old, irish bum who just orders his family around all day from the chair in the livingroom. He drinks, yells, and that's about it. Every once in a while he stands up to beat one of the children.

The doctor is basically stone cold crazy. He was once a Fuchi cybertechnician, but one day he was reading some books on destiny and evolution when his headware decided to discharge the wrong way. Now he's got huge ideas about 'A brave new metahumanity.' He's fraggin brilliant, and subsedizes what he hopes will one day be a 'species-wide' revolution with exotic hookers, BTLs, a street clinic, and about a half-dozen other illegal things. He opperates out of the bottem level of a parkade. The apartment building above him has no idea he's there. He's made it seem as if the parkade has never existed. Entry to it is through either popping open the panel on the elevator to reveal the covered parkade button, or a car-lift he has hooked to a tunnel a block away.
Large Mike

Fine. Jones is now a woman. Whatever.
Fresno Bob
Strange way for a woman to act... Can we go back to Jones being a man?
Large Mike

Actually, it makes not a lick of difference to the character. It's a bastard anyway. And as a woman, she's just a very masculanized woman.
Fresno Bob
Yeah, ok. It doesn't really matter to me.
Fresno Bob
Hmm, I'm gonna wait for Mikey to post before I post again.
Grey
Large Mike: Do me a favor, when I'm up to get back in the game, send me a PM and let me know, just in case I forget to check in here all the time.
Large Mike

That has been standard operating procedure.

Will do.
Fresno Bob
Oh yeah, some background. Nick has 6 ranks in knowledge, philosophy. He talks about it a lot. Most of you are annoyed by this.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well...heh...cut it out or Mickey'll go into a big time roar of anti Renraku rage and rant on retribution! Oh...hey, look! Alliteration! LM, do I get a karma point for OOC alliteration? cool.gif
Large Mike

Nick gets 1 Karma because I never knew that belief had a name. Mickey gets 1 Karma for hating it.
Fresno Bob
Awesome. 7 Karma, baby.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Yay! Thank you, Large Mike, for that wonderful point of Karma. I now have 5 and will be able to spend them! Thinking once I get that deck (if I get it) I'll boost my computer skill to 3. smile.gif
grimshear
*twiddles thumbs*
Tanka
Sorry for the lack of posts. Vacation and all. Once I think of a good way to get DH and I moving to start on the businesses, I'll post it. Shouldn't take me too long.
Digital Heroin
*cough* Just walk up and tell him... *cough*

biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Lets see, Short Range, TN 4, laser sight -1, aim -1, called shot +4, TN 6. I'm assuming. If I'm wrong, correct me. I threw in all 8 combat pool, so thats 14 dice... Got 4 successes, damn crappy dice... In any case, the called shot made it 11S, 2 successes make it 11D, and the other two are for...I dunno, overdamage, or whatever. If theres darkness, I have thermo vision, so yay!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...first roll:

Reaction test for surprise: 1,3,3,4,5,5,6,6. That's 5 successes...he needs more to be able to react this round.

Initiative test 13 (7+4+3). Can't get much more average.

First shot Modifiers: Smartlink (-2). Combat pool:5, skill:5
1,2,3,2,2,5,2,3,3,4 Goddam that sucked!

Second shot Modefiers: Smartlink (-2) Recoil is elimenated by his 5 strength. Combat pool:4 Skill: 5

I'll let you decide what other modefiers there are, LM.
Fresno Bob
http://www.schoolpics.50megs.com/livsdir/sin/nick.jpg

Theres a picture of what Nick more or less looks like.
Large Mike

Isn't that Sid Vicious?

Anyways, a couple of things that don't quite bear mentioning in an IC post.

Prometheus' bike is still parked in the garage. It's a huge, beautiful troll-modified (the modification is after-market, naturally) 2014 Harley Viking Runic. It's been modified. Everything that could possibly be chrome is, except it's yellow chrome, so it resembles gold. The front end is chopped and has great big ape-hangers. There's a sissy bar on the back. If I just spoke gibberish to anyone, I'm sorry. I grew up around them, so I don't know what else to call it but what the uncles and the old man alwayse did.

Techies bike is also still there. It's a Harley-Devidson Scorpion. The paint job is all circuit-related.

Also, Techie's room has been taken over by Mother. She's been spending time up there alot, playing with the electronics.

Promo's room is still vacant.

The girl has been psuedo-adopted by both Widow and Mother.
Digital Heroin
I bet Blitz's love that bike.

Now, what kind of roll you figure we'll need to know all the businesses in the area worth shaking down?
Large Mike

Roll whatever you feel is most appropriet. If you can't come up with anything else, roll Gang Turf. Cause it is, technically, on Gang Turf.

Oh, and btw, the Home Ground, for the moment, only counts on the half of the Edgers turf that was alwayse Edgers turf. You don't know the former Loser turf quite well enough yet.
Digital Heroin
A'ite...

Err... actually... he's usless unless they're looking for bars that have fights in the back... those he knows: 3,5

Blitz smart like dump truck.
Fresno Bob
Yes, thats Sid Vicious.

What you said makes sense to me. I know a bit about bikes. What did the bike Nick stole look like?
Tanka
Gang Turf: 1, 3, 7, 9

Whoa, technically speaking, two 1s and two 3s, but rolled differently. Weird.

Anyway. Who's first? biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, LM, was there any cool stuff in that cyberarm or was it purely an arm? I'm thinking Yellow might be able to use it.

Also, trying to get more info on Teng

Street Ettiqutte roll: 4,2,7,1,1,4 Crap...at best 3 successes...maybe just 1.
Large Mike

Well, the ware hasn't come back from Ghost's contact yet, but you didn't notice anything about the arm before. It would probably do good on Yellow.

Tanka
Ork's kinda short... =\

Anyway. What sort of business do I hit for that amazing 9 I rolled?
Large Mike

Well, in the area there are:

Resturaunts & Bars:
A chinese food place with no name
MoneyPenny's
Free Whisky (This is the ex-losers bar, btw)
Skags
Merciless Mings
The Haunted House

Corner stores:
Hi&Ho Gas&Grocery
See's Grocery
A-1 convenience

Other:
Guns & Ammo - Army surplus stuff
TickTock -Antique store & curio shop (no one knows how it stays in business)
Nasty Earl's Pawn

That's what a nine gets you. There's more, but that's what you can think of.
Tanka
Mmk. I'll try again after DH and I hit all of them up. Are these all within walking distance or should I gas the semi around a little bit?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, LM, what are all the girls that officially joined up doing working when I gave 'em the night off and had 'em brought back to HQ to meet Ghost?
Large Mike

Right my bad. Told you I was stretched thin. Disregard what I said earlier and run with it.
Large Mike

All these establishments are within 8 blocks of the house. So, the farthest two apart are is 16 blocks. You're call on whether or not to pull out the semi.
Tanka
Eh, 16 blocks is nothing. Don't wanna waste the precious life-liquid of the semi anyway.

Alright, DH, I'm posting in about thirty seconds from this one. Stay tuned. nyahnyah.gif
Tanka
SMG B/R (Gas Vent IV): 1, 7
SMG B/R (Shock Pads): 3, 3 (Frag...)
Pistol B/R (Silencer): 2, 5

Anything else needed?
Fresno Bob
I'm playin' the Guitar!

Woo!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012