Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Digital Heroin
Dang... woulda been funny if he smashed the chair leg that was meant to knock him out with his head... hmmm... seems he's gonna have to pull and arm free and punch the offending chairleg then....
Fresno Bob
Yeah, try that, Mr. +3 to all TNs.
Digital Heroin
*g* Well hey... didn't say he'd succeed, now did I?
Digital Heroin
biggrin.gif Everything hinges on what I'm asuming would be an opposed strength role with Sue...

Strength: 1,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,7,10,10

To Hit the Chairleg: 1,1,1,2,3,3,3,5,9,11
Smashie Smashie: 1,1,1,3,4,4,7,8,8,8

The Smashing Blow adept power reads that it can be used against object other than standard barriers, and to use Unarmed Combat (or in this case Brawling) success against a TN of 4 (modified to 7), then add them to the Adept's strength (11) and compare the result on the table on 124 of SR3 to the object's unmodified barrier rating.

Am I reading this right then, that with 4 successes that brings the result for Blitz's assault on the chair-leg (dependant on him getting more success than Sue on an opposed roll to pull his arm free, right?) up to 15 Power?

eek.gif That's damned scary, since "cheap material" has only a three rating, and every incriment of half the barrier rating above the BR itself that's made plows a 1/2 meter hole in the object... I mean Blitz could punch a hole in a structural wall, and he's wounded.
kevyn668
eek.gif Everybody outta the pool!

Strength: 2, 3, 3, 5, 7, 16

Don't know if this is relevant but, what the hell...
Brawling--subdueing once Blitz starts to go ballistic: 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 11
Maybe I should clarify that I just intend to wrestle his arm back down reather than engaging the 10 foot tall monster...

And to think, this all started b/c I wanted to make a vague reference to Braveheart. biggrin.gif

Grey
LM: You may have missed it, but I asked the ganer that I'm talking to (Nick) if he could tell me where to find the Red Hot Nukes, that way we could go talk to them. I never got a reply.
Large Mike

Yeah, I meant to have him shrug helplessly. Sorry, Grey.
Grey
Damnit man, that would have been good to know back then. I would have suggested to Mickey that we head back to meet with the others and see what everyone else has found out.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Heh...Yeah...I been kinda waitin' on that answer too, Grey. AH, well...we might as well head back.
Grey
Ha! I just made a perception check to see if Ricks would notice that Blitz was wounded. My highest result was a 3. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Do you mean you DIDN'T make your check? wink.gif
Grey
LOL, Yep! Thats exactly what I mean. rotfl.gif
Grey
ok, I gave myself a second check after getting closer to the action.

Perception: 07 05 05 04 02 01

Casting Heal on Blitz at Force 6. I'm not sure what the TN is, cause I don't know Blitz's essence.

Sorcery + 4 Spell Pool: 13 08 05 05 05 04 04 02 02 01
Drain + 2 SP: 10 05 04 04 04 03 03 02 01 01 #D:10 TN:3 H#:10 S:7

That should be no drain.
Fresno Bob
Oh yeah, club roll.

Damn, I have to default.

I'll just go to Strength, I guess.

8, 2, 9, 4, 4. Wow, that ruled.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, ya mighta got 2 successes on that roll. Kewl!
Digital Heroin
*is so tempted mess with the order of those rolls in a post*

Healing, then clubbing... biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
*eyes the IC thread, blinks, eyes it again, giggles uncontrollably like a Catholic schoolgirl on crack*
Fresno Bob
Er, I'm gonna be in Cleveland for about a week, and unable to post. I'll see you guys later.
kevyn668
Actually, Nick might have gotten more than two successes. Blitz is restrained (more or less). Okay, so he's at least prone...

Mikey: Clever dude, very clever rotfl.gif
Fresno Bob
Hmm, change of plans. My flight was canceled, so I'm leaving later tonight. Damn you airlines. Yeah, he was restrained, so I figured I got 4 successes, which would be D stun. Blitz would have to resist 9D...wait, I was defaulting. Damn. Eh, I'll wait for LM to post before posting again.
Digital Heroin

Yup, a whopping 0 successes. Go me!
Fresno Bob
Alright!
Large Mike

Guys, wednesday night, I had to go to the ER and get my appendic taken out. I will probably be in not much of a condition to be posting in the next couple of days, my apologies. If you guys want to do any interaction yourselves, go for it. Just don't start the party or go pester anyone until I am back.

Man, every time things start to look up, the shit hits the fan again. frown.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Dude! That blows! Umm...

Heal up quick and no more emergency operations, 'kay? Eat lots of chocolate!
Large Mike

I may be sending you a stand-in GM.
Fresno Bob
Well, I'm back. Long story short- Flights were canceled, clerks were bitched at, hot punk girls were made out with at LAX.
Large Mike

You know, my flight home from GenCon was delayed and something similar happened to me. Was her name Marcie?

Anyways, Buddha will be your stand-in come Monday or so, so continue as you please come Monday. I've given him full permission to be evil, so don't bitch to me when I get back.
Digital Heroin
Why can't I make out with hot punk girls when I'm in airports? *spends at least 48 hours every few months on layovers* Oh wait... I'm ugly... biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Actually, her name was Jenn, and she lives in Oregon. I have some sort of curse where every girl interested in me lives far, far away. Eh.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Geez, guys, not a single "get well soon" for Large Mike?
gobogen
take care and i hope you "get well soon" LM cyber.gif
JongWK
Hope you get well soon, Large Mike...

...the last thing you want is a business-only visit from Painkiller. ork.gif wink.gif
Buddha72
Substitute GM here. If you all could just give a quick blurb on your characters I would be much obliged.
Fresno Bob
Nick: Angry punk biker, packs a lot of weapons, is like second in command now.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey...former Renraku security guard and Arcology trauma victim with a twisted hate for Renraku.
Digital Heroin
Blitzkreig (more often reffered to just as Blitz) - Big (8'11" 950lbs.) angry fraggin' Troll adept... biggrin.gif
kevyn668
Sue (as in "a boy named..."): human adept, general thug.
gobogen
Reptile... Ex-ganger and drugs dealer, likes guns, cyberware (obvious dermal plating and eyes cosm. mod.) and his big kickass claymore ! cyber.gif
JongWK
Painkiller - Male ork, began as a ganger but works with organleggers (yes, ghoul organleggers... and he doesn't mind the smell). Two NPC brothers: one died in the first fight of the thread, the other (Junkie) is, well, a junkie. Moderate medical skills, looks a bit scary.
Grey
Ricks - Male Dwarf Seductress Shaman and part-time pimp with a disco theme.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Grey)
Ricks - Male Dwarf Seductress Shaman and part-time pimp with a disco theme.

"Disco Stu disapproves of your theft of his signature style!"
Grey
Disco Stu.... that sounds so familiar. What is that from?
gobogen
By the way, Reptile is a male ork, a tall fat ugly ork.
Fresno Bob
Disco Stu = Simpsons
Buddha72
Let's begin shall we. vegm.gif
kevyn668
You should've gone with "step into my parlor, if you please..."

Muw-ha-ha-ha-ha-ah-aahh-haa.....
Buddha72
Perception tests all, vision based.
Digital Heroin

biggrin.gif I'm ever so glad I paid to smarten Blitz up...
gobogen
Perception: 4,1,2,9,5
He has a +1 to the target number because he is oblivious.

DH, how the hell did you come up with a 6 ?? grinbig.gif
Grey
Perception: 08 08 05 04 01 01
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012