Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike
Mikey, delete that post until everyone does their rolls.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okies. *Scampers off to erase the post!*
Grey
Perception: 15 05 05 05 04 03 #D:6 TN:4 HR:15 S:5

Willpower1: 17 09 05 05 04 04 03 03 #D:8 TN:4 HR:17 S:6

Willpower2: 17 10 05 04 04 03 03 02 #D:8 TN:4 HR:17 S:5
JongWK
Perception: 5, 5, 4, 3, 1

Willpower: 5, 1, 5, 5

Willpower: 2, 10, 5, 4
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Man, I wish I had Grey's willpower. Oh yeah, LM, don't forget I have the perceptive edge! -1 target number on all perception tests! Woohoo!
Grey
smokin.gif
Large Mike

Guys, get cracking with the rolls. Those who don't have theirs in by the time I get bored again (which won't take long, I'm unemployed) will get totally shafted.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, if yer a straight guy, ya better post quick, 'cause getting shafted could be painfull! wink.gif
Fresno Bob
You could just roll for anyone who hasn't posted so far.
Digital Heroin
Don't know that this includes me (I've been on way crappy dial-up, and totally out of it lately, and I might have missed something back there):

Perception: 3,4
Willpower: 3,3,7
Willpower2: 4,5,10
Grey
Aren't you bored enough yet, LM? I sure am. wink.gif

(yeah, thats me getting impatent and wanting to know what all the rolling is about)
Large Mike

What, you don't think the waiting thing is accidental, do you?
Grey
Nope, I just figured you were doing it out of spite, you bastard! mad.gif

wink.gif
Large Mike

*needs the sarcastic kissy-face smiley*

Now, react to the barbarian hoard at the gates.
Grey
You didn't list my character as one of the ones that woke up, so I gotta wait for someone to start yelling or something.
Fresno Bob
An overwhelming force barricaded out, tired and unprepared defenders...

Two Towers, anyone?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay, A few rolls here. I want to see if I can spot the leader of this force and if all the army is wearing Wild Riders colours. I got a new computer due to my computer illiterateness, my character did not transfer. LM, if you could be so kind as to re-send me my character sheet I would appreciate it. I can go a bit by memory though.

Perception Roll: 1,3,4,7,9
Gang Identification Roll: 4,4,4,7,9. Not bad! cool.gif

Next, I want to look for any breaches in their seige.

Perception Roll: 3,3,4,5,5. Well, that coulda gone better.
Small Unit Tactics Roll:2,5,9.
Complimentary on perception with tactics.

Finally, I want to know if parley is an option.
Street Etiquette: 2,3,4,4,9,13
Fresno Bob
Parley...haha. Thats a great movie.
Large Mike

You can see that there are several gangs in attendance. At least four. The Wild Riders are the most common. You can tell by his speaking *where* the person in charge is, but not *who* he is. He's definatly behind one specific car.

And ettiquutte tells you that he is making a token attempt to speak (after all, they were shooting for your guy's alligience), so parlay is very possible. I wouldn't recommend coming outside of the house to do it, though. Alot of these guys look like they're itching for the killing to start.
Fresno Bob
Alls I can say is that after this, the Bleeding Edge better have a reeeeeeal long stretch of good luck.
Large Mike
For reference, the Russians are behind the various barricades like everyone else, poiting weapons. A couple of them are up on the second story. Orlav is still asleep in the tub, though.
Grey
Astral Perception check: 14 05 04 03 01 01 #D:6 TN:4 HR:14 S:3

First, I'll be checking to see if they have any magical support. After that I'll try to get a rough count of how many we have to deal with.
Large Mike

About fifteen on the more than hundred are magically active. You can't tell how, or how strongly, but they are.
Fresno Bob
I wonder what kind of turn the game would make if we became Wild Riders...
Grey
Who the hell are they?
Fresno Bob
Um...

The guys who are you know, outside, either wanting to kill us or integrate us into their gang, probably as low men on greased totems.

Large Mike

I need a reaction test outta Mickey, and I want him to tell me what he's doing. All the rest immedaitly near it are NPCs.
Fresno Bob

Reaction Test(For whatever I decide to do)
5, 5, 7, 2, 3, 2

Athletics(For the dive)
4, 5, 5, 3

Body Test(If it all goes very wrong)
3, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5

My armor is currently 5/5. Thats a very bad body roll.

I think Nick will just dive out there. Nevermind saving Orlov.
Grey
QUOTE (Large Mike)
I need a reaction test outta Mickey, and I want him to tell me what he's doing. All the rest immedaitly near it are NPCs.

Voorhees, you are in the clear bud.
Large Mike

Um, you're in the bathroom waking up Orlav. The grenade is in though the front window. Doesn't affect you.
Grey
QUOTE (Grey)
Ok, if the fight is happening tonight, then I'll do my summoning now, but if the fight is tomorrow, then I'll summon the spirit in the morning. I'll go ahead and roll for it now. I'm gunna try for a Force 6 City Spirit.

Summoning (+2 dice from totem): 15 11 08 07 07 05 05 03 #D:8 TN:6 HR:15 S:5 (holy crap! 5 successes!)

Drain (6M): 09 09 04 03 02 01 #D:6 TN:6 HR:9 S:2 (light drain, but I'll just spend a few minutes resting to heal it)

Let me know when a good time to make the IC post for this will be, cause its gunna depend on when everything with the war is going to start.

LM, can I just say that I got a Hearth Spirit. Once I saw Micky deciding to hold down the fort inside the house, I wouldn't have gone for the City anymore.
Fresno Bob
Oh, Ok, cool. I misinterpreted.
Large Mike
Yup. Consider you *just* woke up, so you'd be summoning the thing basically now.
Grey
My initial plan was to wake up with the sun, summon it, then go back to sleep. That cool with you, or do you want to consider that I just summoned it (and thus, have to deal with the drain)?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ack! I gotta make a reaction test and I CAN'T FIND MY RED DICE! I gotta use my backup greens! frown.gif

Reaction test: 2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6. That should be 4 successes.

When the brick came through the window, I would have ducked, of course. If the grenade that came through was a microgrenade...HIT FREAKING COVER!

If it was a normal grenade I'd toss it outside. Since grenades blow on the throwing character's NEXT combat phase, if I'm gouing before him it should not be a problem. I'd drop it out the window then duck for cover.

INITIATIVE TEST: 8+5+6 (Yay) = 19.

After it goes boom I'd shout for parley.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ah...found my red dice! And there was much rejoicing! Yay!
Fresno Bob
So, are you going to say anything to the bloodthirsty army outside?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Waiting to see if I get the grenade out or not first.
Fresno Bob
You do. Check the IC thread.
Fresno Bob
Screw that! I say we shoot their asses! We're in a defensible position!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
With 15 mages all able to summon and cast erea affecting spells, we're not as defensible as you think. Remember, get 'em in the house and blow it! Or at least get away to fight another day at a time and place of our choosing. They could just keep us boxed in and starve us out.

I kept the whole thing literal truth just in case they had an analyse truth up. I figure Mickey's security background would make him think of that. If they try a Mind Probe Mickey has willpower 6.
Large Mike

Grey, one of the willpower tests was to get up after a hard night of partying, so yes, please deal with the drain now.

Guys, assuming you get out of this, I see a big direction change for this game. I think you'll enjoy it.
Large Mike
Mikey, negotiation test to keep some of the girls.

And you'll see exactly how long the Riders have had their eyes on your territory after. Assuming, of course, that we aren't building a house-sized pyre tonight.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Gonna have to make it an unskilled negotiation roll.

C'mon, red dice, don't fail me now...
Charisma 5: 5,5,10,3 8...darn it, good rolls, but that +4 penalty to the target number prolly just killed me!
Large Mike

Yeah, that's not extremely good. Not horrible, either, though.
Grey
Keep in mind that only two of my whores are at the house right now.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, we're in a no win situation here. BAD Large Mike! Doin' the best I can with what we got, but it looks like the "blow up the house" idea ain't gonna work We'd need to take out most of the mages and about half their guys to make it work.
Large Mike
Relax, it's not that bad. You're okay. I'm just trying to make you sweat.
Fresno Bob
Well its goddamn working!
Large Mike

Good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012