Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Digital Heroin
Bah... I like him good and ugly... gonna save up for Initiation...
Fresno Bob
I have a list of cool stuff I've been writing down for Nick to do and say, but I haven't gotten to use it. And every day, the list gets another item, cause I'll be sitting in class, and I'll go "Hey, that would be cool."
Digital Heroin
I just pull stuff out of my ass for Blitz for the most part... *nod* Of course I did think about one thing, placed him with a front facing window for a reason... flying troll... think about it...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
WWE style Frog Splash™ from a troll! Booyah!
Fresno Bob
Indeed.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I wonder if Alpha Team's recon'll have any incedent's like or troll annoying friend.
Digital Heroin
I'm suddenly reminded of the offline game I ran where the players were working for Vince McMahon the 3rd... one of the runners was a Troll Trash Metal band leader with 1 Int... he saw people fighting backstage, took a guitar to both of them... and became the Hardcore Champ...
kevyn668
Dude, for us to find something we'd probably have to go somewhere. smile.gif As I understand it, our troupe just started to drift away from the pack.

@Jong: That was a good bit about the fairy tale wolves.

JongWK
Heh, one has to justify that Intimidation skill. wink.gif

I'm sorry for not posting as much as some do (btw: awesome posts, DH), I've been busy here but I don't want to drop either. This game is funny. smile.gif
gobogen
Alright, as soon as I understand that Alpha team is out.... I'll post to put Reptile into the game... + a few friends for fun

sorry i didn't post earlier btw, i was busy these past few days, everything's back to normal for a good while now
Digital Heroin
I do love this game... trying to put my all into it...

Recruiting pitch time:

Street Etiquitte (Joke): 1, 5, 11
Intimidation (Attention Getter): 4,5
Street Etiquitte (Speach): 4,4,10

Come on big money... wait... this isn't Wheel of Fortune... who sunk my battleship?
kevyn668
Are we bravo team or omega team?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Gamma team is with Blitz at the apartment building. Gamma team is with Nick, Alpha team is with Mickey. smile.gif
Large Mike

You're two blocks down from the guys with the tigers.

Blitz, the chop-ear just got 4 successes on an intimidation test on you. Please roleplay accordingly.
Fresno Bob
Actually, Mikey, Gamma is at home base, Nick's team is Alpha, and your team is Omega. Sheesh, get it right.

Oh and Mike, need an update on Alpha team.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Oops...

Alpha team is talking to the Tigers about a block party.
Fresno Bob
Wait...what are you talking about? Ricks went and got watchers, then you saw the guys with tatoos, so you went and talked to them...
gobogen
Please, someone tell me where everyone is.. if one of the groups does reconnaissance on the streets, that will mean Reptile will appear, if not, it's still useful to know.. because I'm sort of confused about what's going on right now.
Fresno Bob
Hey, introduce yourself to Nick. He's walking around with Sue and Painkiller.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Mickey and Ricks are in the street talking to the Tigers. A woman with a cyberarm is with them, staying close to Mickey. Feel free to approach and converse. Block party's the easy way to strike up a chat.
Fresno Bob
No, goddammit! I want an excuse to post!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, Voorhees, we duel over Reptile with chainsaws like our primitive ancestors did!
Fresno Bob
I'm a nationally ranked Fencer. You sure you want to tangle?
gobogen
Voohees wins this time since it does give him an excuse to post.. but, of course, Reptile will come to the party

I don't really wanna stop the duel from happening though ....
Fresno Bob
*Chainsaws off Mikey's head*

Good enough?
Large Mike

Dude, nationally ranked fencer? Linkage, nameage. I wanna tell people I know a nationally ranked fencer.
kevyn668
heh. I think we should have the "what team am I again?" discussion on the IC thread. Picture it: bunch of low life gangers getting a crash course in small unit recon.... grinbig.gif

With that in mind I move we rename Nick's team "Nick's Marauders". With the addition of Reptile we are now the the Key Stone Cops version of the 4 Riders of the Apocalypse. dead.gif
Grey
Here's a street etiquette roll for me pumping Nick for information.

15 09 04 03 02 01
Large Mike

Grey, I just had the worst mental image ever. Skinny white guy trying to talk black. It was *very* amusing. 1 Karma for almost making me spurt milk out of my nose.
Grey
Just because I'm a skinny white guy doesn't mean that my character is damnit! nyahnyah.gif
Large Mike

I know he isn't, but you just spoke black like only a skinny white computer guy can.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
*Head slowly grows back*

"Do you have any idea how much that stings?"
Fresno Bob
*Slices his head off again, then throws it in a hole*

MiB was a passably decent movie. Hey, whats that on your face?

*Shovels dirt onto Mikey's face*
Fresno Bob
Dragonlance. Quite an excellent series of books, although I stopped reading after the war of the souls ended. Theros Ironfeld, wasn't that the guys name?
gobogen
I didn't know there were other books after the War of the Soul in the series... if so, i want to read them ... i HAVE to read them...... grinbig.gif
Digital Heroin
What's that Junkie, Timmy fell in the well? biggrin.gif
kevyn668
Nick's Maraudre's to the Rescue!! Don't know what we're gonna do when get to Blitz....

Yep, Theros Ironfield was his name. IIRC, he was the only black guy in the entire trilogy...There was a black chic--the pirate, Mesquita, or something...

There was a whole slew of books after the War of the Souls but I was turned off by way it ended...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
What's that Junkie, Timmy fell in the well? biggrin.gif

"What's that? Blitz is in trouble? Down at the old hotel? Lead the way!

Gawd...we go from Dragonlance comparisons to Lassie! You suck dude!
Grey
Does no one remember that Ricks said he could heal people?
kevyn668
I wasn't here for that. But why didint you just offer to heal him? smile.gif
Grey
Cause I didn't think I was there at the time. Things got a little confusing for me when all that was happening, there had been no posts for a while and I lost track of things. Sorry guys.
JongWK
Biotech Roll (3 + 1 dice from rating 3 medkit): 5, 9, 8, 1.

I hope Blitz's one mean fragger with cast iron will, 'cause healing someone in such atrocious conditions usually means lots of penalties.
Large Mike

I don't know if there's a canon on what the TN needs to be, but I'm going to say that you made it, may take out the bullet and stitch him up without complications.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
And if someone grabs Ricks maybe he has a heal spell.
Grey
Maybe he does... YES HE DOES!

I've just been waiting for someone to post IC about giving me a call. Mickey and I are out inviting gangers to the party, so Ricks has no clue whats going on.
Digital Heroin
*just had a scaryass thought, wonders why it came to his mind*

Before the gutwound's healed fully, magic or not... would be scary if Blitz stuck a grenade in there, with like a pulltab for the pin... last stand weapon...
Fresno Bob
Man, Nick's gonna get his ass beat.
Digital Heroin
Here's a ruling question... since you can specialize Unarmed Combat in headbutt... would Smashing Blow work with one? biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Techincally, as per the CC, you can't specialize in Unarmed Combat...
Large Mike

My gut says you can't. And as we all know, I trust my gut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012