Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Digital Heroin
Uh... where's the fun when they're all squished in one shot? nyahnyah.gif

Perception: 2, 9
Tanka
For the general fact that they all got run over? I mean... What isn't the fun in that?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Perception: 2, 4, 4, 5, 13...and it was target # 8 for me wink.gif
Shadow
Before we attack I want to get everyone a chance to post... then we will charge.
Digital Heroin
Good call...
Grey
Perception: 4, 4, 5, 13

I'd also like to make a Local Neighborhood knowledge check to see if I can figure out the best way to come at the Losers.

Local Neighborhood: 2, 2, 5, 11
Large Mike

There's no special way to go about this. The easiest way to go about this is the obvious way.
Digital Heroin
*flashes big toothy grin* Oooh... just remembered... I get Home Ground here...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
leadership rolls: 3, 4, 5, 13. Small Unit Tactics rolls: 1, 5, 15...hopefully they listen and then get to add 3 to their initiative...up to their maximum they can roll of course, which I assume is 9...so, if it worked they'll have a slight advantage. The idea is to be the "base" of the fight...everyone can fall back to us if needed, or haul (or we move to if they're close enough) the wounded and unconcious back to us to protect. If things go horribly wrong, the four of us are the last to leave, protecting the retreat.

YAY! The first time I ever made a character with small unit tactics. Let's see if it works.
Shadow
Leadership

I am hoping that the gang listens to me about staying together and not letting anyone get double teamed.

01 05 02 11

And Perception check to spot the Dwarf.

01 02 04 05 05 11

If I do spot him, as soon as we engage I am going to try and make my way to him.

Digital Heroin
*feral grin, getting ready for an Intimidation roll*
Large Mike
Alright guys, I don't feel like dragging out this battle for three weeks, figureing rolls for (checks), 43 people. That just tops my limit, so here's what's going to happen.

What I'll need from eveyone is the following things:

1. Your general stratagy. (It doesn't have to be elaborate. "I wade in swinging" is valid.)
2. Three initiative rolls.
3. Two rolls with whatever firearm you'll be using (if any). Also, declare what firearm that is. After two rounds, the two masses will have crashed together, making using firearms not only stupid, but next to impossible.
4. Three melee rolls. If you didn't use firearms, make that four melee rolls. Again, declare weapon.
5. Three body rolls. Just in case.
6. Any other rolls you may think apply. Intimidation and small unit tactics come to mind. Make sure to explain why that roll in your general stratagy.

For each of you firearm/melee rolls, not how much combat pool you're using, and how much is in reserve to save your ass.

You may die, such is the nature of the streets.

As soon as I get that from everyone, I'll do a minor speach by Wolfe, and the battle will begin.
Digital Heroin
Blitzkreig's initial strategy is quite simple. When unleashed he's going to let out a bloody roar and rush headlong for the Losers. He's going to single out the biggest motherfragger they've got, and concentrate on taking him down hard and fast. He might not have killing hands... but he's got a chain wrapped around his fist, which is just as deadly. When/if he takes down the biggest guy there, he's going to grab the guy, and throw him into the most concentrated back of unengaged (in melee) Losers, then he's onto his next target.

Now for the rolls:

Intimidation; Warcry, along with a bloodmasked Trog rushing guys with guns

3, 5

Initiative Rolls

16, 15, 23

Melee Rolls (Using chain wrapped fist: 10M Damage)

Initial (Charge: +1 Power on the attack/Full Offense: +2 for opponents to hit him, +1 Power Level on his damage)

11, 1, 3, 2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 5, 2

Additional Melee Rolls (Full Offense: +2 for opponents to hit him, +1 Power Level on his damage)

3, 8, 2, 4, 4, 2, 8, 4, 10, 5
2, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3 (Blech nyahnyah.gif )
5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 5, 11, 5, 3, 4

Body Rolls

4, 11, 3, 1, 11, 17, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1
2, 4, 2, 8, 2, 9, 8, 1, 4, 10, 1
5, 3, 9, 8, 1, 5, 4, 16, 9, 4, 4

Notes

All of his Target Numbers should be -1 because he's on his Home Ground
He's a combat Monster, so I'll make a Will roll just in case he's called off: 4, 4, 16
So if he's called off, it'll be 2 turns before he stops beating on Losers

Edit: Entire grand combat pool of 4 remains for defense.
Tanka
OK, first tactic is two shots at the guy who seems to be their Mage with my Predator III. Followed closely by swinging at whoever happens to be in my way. The entire time he'll probably be screaming and basically looking like a really pissed off Troll.

Initiative one: 6
Initiative two: 8
Initiative three: 8

Percep to figure out Mage: 2, 2, 3, 5

First shot: 1, 2, 9
Second shot: 3, 3, 5

First swing: 2, 3, 5, 11
Second swing: 4, 4, 4, 10
Third swing: 1, 3, 3, 10

Body one: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 9, 9
Body two: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 20 (No, not kidding...)
Body three: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 9, 9

Intimidation: 2, 5, 5

CP remaining: 2 (One used on each attack set)
Fresno Bob
1: Blast a couple guys, then beat the crap out of a couple guys. And I mean really beat them. Like ER worthy. But, if he can spot the dwarf, he'll get him.
2: 8, 16, 9
3: Colt M-23, burst fire (12S), 8,9,5,5,4,4, and 5,5,3,5,2,4 for first round, second round 4,10,3,1,5,1 and 4,10,1,4,5,1
4: Brass Knuckles, 1,1,5,9,4,4,4 and 5,5,3,3,5,4,3 and 3,2,1,5,3,2,3
5: 7,3,1,8,3,2,5,5,2 and 5,3,1,1,5,4,4, and 3,2,4,17,2,3,2 (Armor 5/3)
6: Combat Pool, 2 dice for each melee, then 2 in one of the body checks.
7: Perception check for dwarf 11,2,3,5,4,3

Wow, auto dice rollers kick ass.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, in an earlier post I set out the basic strategy and made both leadership and small unit tactics rolls for initial orders. Basicly, Mickey and 3 other gangers form a box. They are the "stable base" for the gang to fight around...that way the gang can maneuver or fall back and have a strong line in any direction, the box can move to ereas as needed and the 4 watch each other's backs. Front 2 knock targets down in melee, the back 2 make sure they don't get up. Also, if retreat is nessesary, the 4 of us protect the retreat...last to leave, so to speak. Remember, Mickey's armour rating is 4/4

Initiative rolls 14, 13, 14

Pistols rolls (Using 2 combat pool each roll, 2 shots that round, leaving 5 combat pool for defense)
1: 1,1,9,2,4,5,10
2: 4,4,1,11,4,1,2
Remember, he has a smartlink. If the guy does not drop on the first shot, he shoots him again. If he does, then he shoots another guy. 9m from his ares predator 2

clubs rolls (using 3 combat pool, keeping 6 in reserve)
1: 1,1,2,5,11,4,4,11
2: 1,1,1,1,4,7,3,15
3: 1,3,4,7,1,4,3,8

body rolls
1: 1,1,1,1,5...uh...karma! Reroll all failures!!! becomes 1,5,5,2,5
2: 1,1,3,5,7
3: 5,5,5,4,3

dodge rolls during pistols round:
5 dice:5,5,5,13,17 (hopefully that'll negate the need to use a karma reroll that first round
during melee rounds:
6 dice: 2,3,2,4,8,4

leadership rolls in case rallying is needed:
2,5,10,9 That oughta cover almost any situation

small unit tactics rolls
1,4,15. Should be good for +2 initiative (no higher than max)

athletics rolls

combat monster will rolls (hah!)
1,2,2,2,3,6. Well, minimum 2 rounds of fighting for him!

perception rolls (just in case)
3,4,8,4,5,22! Don't forget my perceptive edge

reaction rolls in case of surprises:
2,5,5,1,1,1,11,1 (Goddam that's a lot of 1's)
Shadow
Ghost is going to run forward and take two shots at the closest target, then in melee he will engage each target with his stun baton, he is goin to try really hard ot get to the dwarf before Blitz does.

Inititive Roll

Roll 1: 14
Roll 2: 13
Roll 3: 12

Pistol Clot Manhunter 10M (explosive rounds, smartlink and underbarel weight):

Roll 1: 5, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2

Roll 2: 5, 3, 3, 3, 11, 10

Melee Rolls Stun Baton 8S 1/2 Impact Armor +1 Reach (reduce TN)

Roll 1:11, 7, 4, 4, 2, 3

Roll 2: 1, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2

Roll 3: 8, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2

[B]Body: Armor 6/3

Roll 1: 7, 7, 7, 2, 5, 2, 1
Roll 2: 8, 2, 2, 1, 1, 5, 4
Roll 3: 9, 7, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1

Grey
Large Mike, please email me my character sheet. I do most of my posts from work, so I don't have my sheets at home. If you can't get it to me, then I'll have to wait until Monday before I can do any of my rolls.
Tanka
*wipes brow*

I didn't miss anything! I spent all of yesterday and today working on the new PC.
Grey
1. Jake is going to be watching Ghost's back while also trying to help clear him a path through the mass of people so he can get to the Loser's leader.

2. 7, 11, 9

3. Two shoots with the (smartlinked) Max Power (explosive ammo for 10M base).
Roll 1 - 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 9
Roll 2 - 1, 1, 5, 8, 10

4. Three swings with the Spiked Mace (11M damage).
Roll 1 - 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5
Roll 2 - 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 11
Roll 3 - 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 10

5. Body of 10 (armor 6/2)
Roll 1 - 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 8, 10, 10
Roll 2 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 10
Roll 3 - 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 9, 10, 16

6. I only threw in 1 die from my combat pool for each of the rolls and should have plenty left over from my pool of 9, but I'll let you roll for me, as I'm not sure when the pools would refresh.

I think thats it for me, let me know if you need any other rolls.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I think that's everyone. We should get a nice big post from Large Mike in a couple of days (I hope!).

Dig, how did ya get a 23 initiative roll! I'm dying to know. I couldn't afford anything that would let me roll that high! Of course, if ya wanna keep it a secret, That's cool too.

Seems we got a lot of "Kill anything not in red and grey that I see" strategy. Cool! biggrin.gif Remember, kiddies, there's absolutely nothing that can't be solved with swift and brutal violence!!!
Grey
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys)
Dig, how did ya get a 23 initiative roll! I'm dying to know. I couldn't afford anything that would let me roll that high! Of course, if ya wanna keep it a secret, That's cool too.

If I recall, he is a PhysAd, so he'd have no problem pulling that off.
Digital Heroin
When you're a Troll Psyad... who needs money? biggrin.gif
Large Mike

By my count, we're missing one. But if that one doesn't post fairly damn quick here, they'll just die. The waiting list to get into this game (and there is indeed a waiting list) is a half-dozen, anyways.

So yeah, you guys will get your long post fairly quick here.
Digital Heroin
From the way this is shaping up already, I'd like to be tossed at the end of the que again if/when Blitz cacks it... liking the longterm potential here...
Tanka
That'd be interesting... A cycle in and out... Might be fun, and maybe I'll make a more combat ready character this time. nyahnyah.gif

Essence 6 sucks! frown.gif
Digital Heroin
Essece six doesn't have to suck my friend... biggrin.gif
Tanka
When you're a mundane ganger it does. sarcastic.gif
Shadow
Heaven forbid, but if something does happen to Ghost, I would certainly like to go back on the waiting list.
Large Mike

I love you guys too. You make me feel like such a good GM. I've got a waiting list; that's highly amusing. Now if only I could find so many players irl atm.
Tanka
I know the feeling...
Shadow
*ahem*

*cough*

grinbig.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
*Hums the "Jeopardy" theme while waiting for some resolution...*

Hey, that just made me think of a twisted tune...go with it...

*Sings* "You say you want some resolution, well, you know...we al ranna play the game..!"

talker.gif
Fresno Bob
He's probably just working out what happens.
Large Mike

I'm working on it! I'll have you know that there's *alot* of numbers here. Not only that, but I've had to go job-hunting, which is taking alot of my time.

It'll get done. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Large Mike

For those of you that don't want to wade through that to figure out who's dead and who's not, here's the aftermath recap:

Dead:
Losers:
Wolfe
3 Dwarfs
4 Humans
4 Trolls
2 Orcs

Bad Boyz:
3 random trolls none of you know.

Bleeding Edge:
Tremor
Buck Tooth
Shaman
Techie
Trash
Tyler (sorry)
Jake (also sorry)

Injuries:
Ghost (you'll quite possibly limp forever)
Bruised (he's difinatly going to need a cast.)

Pretty much everyone else is going to feel it in the morning, but nothing permanent.
Shadow
Mike, I have to say that was awesome. I think you handled that incredibly well. I figured we would win, I just didn't think it would cost us so much.

Edit:

On the brightside we just doubled our territory!
Tanka
Just to know... Those of us still alive, can we know what damage levels we're all at and reply accordingly?
Large Mike

Ghost's injury will be slightly houseruled.

Assuming no complications in treatment, he has a moderate injury, but for tests that require going anywhere with any kind of speed, or using his legs to do anything beyond stand or shuffle at a little slower than a normal walk, it's considered a serious wound. i.e. to start, all target numbers will be +2, and anything to do with the leg +3. Once the time has elapsed to heal a moderate wound, the leg will still count as a light wound, and using it incures a +1 penalty.

The cut is fairly nasty.

Everyone else, light wound, effectivly, from bruising, minor cuts, and muscle fatigue.
Large Mike

Oh, I almost forgot.

Everyone still alive gets 4 Karma. Except Ghost. He gets 7. 2 extra for the injury (it'll probably haunt him for nearly ever) and 1 for good roleplaying just now.

Also, if I made any mistakes in the post (for instance, I think I had Ghost with a katana) my apologies. It's kinda hard to keep track of everyone.

Among the bodies, there are 4 Pred 3's, two of which are etched with snakes and are paired, one is not actually a Pred, but some kind of knockoff. There's the Machete Wolfe had, and a number of other blunt and edged weapons. There are 15 BTLs, all told, about 10 of them on one person. There's also 1048 nuyen.gif in cash, all told. There's also cyberware in a number of them, if anyone wants to try and harvest it. Wolfe also has a ring of keys on him, and a cell phone.
Digital Heroin
Perception: 5, 1

To see if he can spot any faces that ran. He's a vindictive bastard after all.

Damn fine battle summary, brought it together nicely for a large rumble like that.
Large Mike

He can't tell who ran. The fury was only then clearing from his eyes.
Grey
Well crap. Jake died. Any chance I can get a new character going to join up?
Large Mike

I'm sorry for your loss, Grey, but there was no way you guys were going to get this free and clear.

Yes, you may make another character and submit it, but you'll have to go to the end of the line (there's a waiting list.) My apologies. If it's any consolation, you're next character can start off with 10 Karma.
Large Mike

Hey, someone tell me what you're doing with everyone's bodies. Munk's Boyz will collect their dead and leave, they don't want anything from the fallen. They usually take trophies, but this wasn't their fight, so they don't feel it's their place.
Shadow
LM,

Ghost is going to increase his Brawling to 5 and take the manouver: vicious blow.

I'll post IC about the bodies here in a second.
Fresno Bob
Nick's also going to check Wolfe's Phone for any info as soon as he learns that he had a phone.
Tanka
Well, I think my post solves the body problem. Anybody who we can't take anything from, I say we do something to prove our worth and that we aren't to be messed with, possibly posting the heads around our new territory? Gruesome, but I think it would befit the gang...

As for the obvious cyber, what do I find that I can place?

Intelligence (defaulting to Cyberware?): 3, 5, 10, 25

No, I am not kidding you on that 25... I'm getting lucky on some of those rolls...

Anyway, anybody got a Street Doc buddy or Fixer who wants to get some used 'ware about? Methinks we could at least get a few nuyen...

Edit: Oh, and, how much stuff do I pick up, amongst weapons and ammo?
Shadow
Ghost has a street doc contact he will be calling soon.
Tanka
Reasons are obvious enough, eh? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012