Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright. that last post was an attempt at leadership by example.
Leadership roll: (Pleaseohplease roll good) *Prays to the dice gawds*
5,5,8,14!!!!!! WOOHOO!
Hopefully the rest'll make the sacrifice too. Unless any Edgers have a 6+ intelligence, that's 4 successes!

Okay, because I'm a greedy min maxer who can munch and crunch with the best of 'em, I wanna use Street Etiquette as a complimentary skill
Street Etiquette Roll (If allowed): 3,3,3,4,4,8
That should get another net success for any that have intelligence of 4 or less!

Mickey may not be making a play to be in charge, but I am! nyahnyah.gif Maybe the gang will force leadership upon him. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Willpower (Not to deck Nick): 1,5,11
Intimidation (Figured he's not consciously doing it, but still): 5,5

Y'all read right, by the way... Blitz is blaming himself for Ghost dying, so he's off to make right...
Fresno Bob
I hope Nick's face doesn't get punched in...
Large Mike

This could get good. 10 bucks on the trog.

(1 Karma to Blitz for the character-related stuff.)
JongWK
I don't know if I'll be able to post something substantial today, but in any case, merry Christmas to all of you! May Santa bring you the book you're still missing. smile.gif

-JongWK wavey.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey all! Happy holidays!

Now, Street Etiquette test to get into the Hellbringer territory without dying...the "white flag of biz" I mentioned.

Street Etiquette: 1,3,3,4,7,11
Gang Identification/territory complimentary skill: 1,1,2,2,15 Crap! That ain't gonna help.

So, what do I do to get in under "official gang biz" without getting curb stomped?
Tanka
Hey look, I want to be alive. I just don't know where to jump in since Kake mysteriously went *poof* while I was LANning.

If you just want to throw me somewhere, LM, go for it. I can work around it.
Large Mike
I'm assuming you're in the livingroom, like everyone else who hasn't left yet. Do your thing. Get down with your bad self.
Large Mike

Jong, I have a reply for you regarding the organleggers, but wait till Christmas is a little bit more finished. I'm visiting family, and I don't have your guy's file
Fresno Bob
Still need an update on Nick and the hookers guarding, and such...

Might not be making sense right now, kind of tipsy.
Digital Heroin
Ok... methinks I might have irked off the guy who stores my backup files online... either that or my shoddy modem's being an ass... either way I can't connect to my online copy of Blitz, so I don't know what the heck his Cop contact's name is...

Oh yeah, bookless too, so a noobish clarification: raising an Attribute costs an amount of Karma equal to what you're raising it to, neh?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Actually, it costs twice what you're raising it to, unless you're trying to go beyond the starting maximums in which case it costs 3 times as much.
Digital Heroin
Alright... now I need to remember how much Karma I had... because I know I was waiting on that one point for a reason... and I've been meaning to boost Blitz's Intelligence... he's tired of being stupid... nyahnyah.gif
Fresno Bob
Nick speaks Russian. What did Bishop say?
Large Mike

One of those misellaneous cultural sayings of impending doom.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, I need to know about this guy, so a gang recognition roll: 2,2,4,5,5. Well, an okay set of rolls I guess.

To know more about the Hellbringers themselves: 1,4,4,4,11
Complimentary skill: Gang Teriitory: 4,4,4,5,7

I'd like to know more about how much turf they have, how many members, operations and such.
Fresno Bob
I thought we told you no more wordplay.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, thgis one was subtle and it wasn't a string of bad ones...so I didn't break any rules! nyahnyah.gif
Fresno Bob
If I could fire you, you would be so fired.
Large Mike

Nah, I think that wordplay was acceptably clever and amusing. He can stay.

And if you guys get defeated, I'll be upset. If you get killed, I'll be righteously upset. So don't lose, guys. I'm counting on you. (Oh, and someone call in anyone they can with a gun, I have at least another character to throw at you guys. He's been chomping at the bit, to boot.)
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Trying to get him to give info for free. If that's a negotiation test, we're screwed 'cause I don't have the skill!

Charisma test: 1,2,4,4,16. Crap! 1 success at best!
If it helps I have Leadership:4 and small unit tactics:3 so I can talk shop and understand what I hear if he decides to spill.

I'm looking for weaknesses that can be exploited and any explosives or ammo and guns we could get from them too.

If I have to I'm willing to spend a good karma point to call in a favour and get some support from these guys.
Fresno Bob
You probably should have gone in with someone else. Does this gang even have a face type? Or are we all just assbeaters?
Large Mike

I think you may all be assbeaters.
Large Mike

Blitz, ettiquette test, or something similar.
Digital Heroin
Street Etiquette Roll: 1,4,5
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Sorry about jumping the gun, there, LM. I tend to try and keep things rolling, sometimes to my own disadvantage.

So, how many Hellbringer bad boys do I end up getting? If it's less than 6, I'll spend a point of good karma to "call in a marker" and get more if you allow that use of karma. Lemme know how much I can spend for how many guys. I have 6 on hand and am willing to put it all toward the survival of the gang as markers, karma for cash, or whatever other use can be thought of.

I don't want thr game to end so soon!

Oh yeah, lemme know what stuff we can get as soon as ya decided!

Fresno Bob
If you don't want us all to die, then why do you throw so many major tragedies at us? Not that I'm resentful. I hope our next gang member has a bunch of heavy guns and ammo Speaking of which, I think we need more members. Whats our count now?

We had 17. Lost 7 to the Losers. Lost Ghost, that puts us at 9. Got Bishop, Girl, Diablo, and Painkiller. That would put us at 11. I'd include Gent, but I haven't seen him for a while...
Fresno Bob
Hey, I just realized...my bike can go 164 miles an hour. Maybe I could challenge the leader of the Wild Riders to a race, for ownership of the turf.
Large Mike
I just like to make things interesting.

If you pull this off, things will get better. (maybe.)
Fresno Bob
I like that Maybe...true style, Mike. True Style.
Large Mike
Jong, I'm SO SORRY I left you out. You just kinda got lost in the shuffle, my friend. Please forgive me. And note to anyone else. If I do it to you, message me, or drop me an OOC, or MSN me: large_mike_ca@hotmail.com seems to be working for Cheese. Lots going on here.

And, btw, this is probably about when that thing we talked about when you pitched your character idea will come into play.
Fresno Bob
Quick question: Does the gang have a cash box, or something? Also, I figure Nick has about 2k nuyen right now. Is that wrong?
Large Mike

Well, technically, I'm supposed to take away all but a pittance of your cash at character creation, but I'll cut you some slack and say 3k even. Maybe he found some hidden in his boot a rare night that he took them off.
Fresno Bob
Sweet, thanks.
Large Mike

You realize, when Boris shows up (with armed people, no less), if you don't have 10K, he's going to nail your hands to the table and roast your testicles on an open fire. For reference.
Fresno Bob
Yeah, I'll think of something.
Fresno Bob
You know what? I'll sell that bike Nick swiped, and Techie's bike. I should get well over 7,000 for them. I suppose I could take them to the Hellbringers
Fresno Bob
Does anyone in the gang have a mechanic/chopshop/whatever contact? If so, could I make an intelligence test to see if I remember them talking about it?

5, 1, 1, 4, 5, 14.
Large Mike
Well, anybody?
Fresno Bob
Don't you have the character sheets, and thusly could look at their contacts?
Large Mike

Damn you people and your logic. And you think I actually keep those things? Alright, lemme check. (Lemme see if I can *find* them, actually.)
Fresno Bob
Uh...I'm...sorry?
Large Mike

Out of the people I still have files for, no. Nope. Un-uh.

And no need to aplogize, Voor. Outside stuff.
Fresno Bob
Thats ok. It wasn't a real apology, anyway.

Does anyone in the room I asked know of one?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Why don't ya ask the Hellbringers? They could use bikes, I'm sure! And it'd score ya some suck up points to boot!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, LM, are you allowing the surgical options? If so, I'd like to include the option of making the cyberarm attatchment for Yellow sturdier if possible...less likely to have complications/damage done to it. I figure it's a good idea considering it's used cyber. Since I'm paying 2 and 1/2 times what the doc requested, I don't think that's too unreasonable. Should help him with those gambling debts and his rep!
Large Mike

I'll see what I can do about that. Post the in-character.
JongWK
@Voorhees:

Crap, my earlier version of Painkiller had a mechanic but I had to drop it. Maybe a technician or an Ork Underground fixer I know could be useful?
JongWK
Negotiation with Mort: 1, 4, 5, 1, 11.

Organlegging to estimate how much could Mort & Co. be getting with the Riders: 4, 5, 4.

By the way: LM, IIRC this Rusty guy and his gang were hanging out with some organleggers in the sewers? In that case, I'd like to know if there are any Ghoul Hunts near the Losers' former turf: 5, 5, 1.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Street Etiquette roll: 1,2,4,4,8,5. Hopefully the good doctor has that organlegging info for me so we can find the Losers' remains!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012