Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Fresno Bob
Huh. With the death of Blitz, Nick and Mickey are the only characters left from the original players...At least I think...

Post 1000!

*Pops champagne open*
Grey
So are all the bad guys delt with now?
kevyn668
Intimidation: 1, 3, 4, 5

Etiquette: 2, 3, 4, 5

wow. those are great rolls....

ohplease.gif

edit:

if any of the punks so much as twitches, Sue puts a burst into him.

Shotgun (+2 CP dice): 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 10

Large Mike

They do seem to be all taken care of now.
kevyn668
That worked?
Fresno Bob
I should think so.
Fresno Bob
I'm gonna wait for the word with the gangers before I post again.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hey, do I recognize any of these dorks?

Gang Identification roll: 1,2,3,4,5 Well...how...average!
Gang Territory Roll (background): 1,4,4,5,10. Too bad I can't trade.

Remember, I have the Perceptive edge.
Fresno Bob
I'll perceptive you!
Large Mike

No, not really. Up until they were handed hardware, they must have been third, or maybe even fouth tier.
Grey
Casting a force 6 Heal on Reptile. I'm not sure what his essence is, so I'll just throw my rolls out and I'll need Gob to let me know what Retile's essence and wound level is.

Casting: 14 11 10 05 04 04 04 02 01 01
Drain (3?): 08 05 05 05 05 05 02 02 02 01

As long as the drain isn't deadly (which it can't be since Reptile is talking) I soaked up the drain. I'm just not sure how much I Healed.
gobogen
Before healing, I have 6 boxes of damage for serious. I have an essense of 2.5. So if I remember Magic correctly that means that you healed me for 3 boxes, correct? (I also have 1 box of stun)
Grey
Yeah, you heal 3 boxes, going to Moderate.
gobogen
I wonder how I'm gonna be able to heal the rest of it though. I mean, where the hell am I gonna find medium lifestyle?
Large Mike

Since the man doesn't respond to PMs: VOOR! THERE IS A CONVERSATION THAT NEEDS TO BE HAD BETWEEN NICK AND SID. GET ON YOUR CELL PHONE.
Fresno Bob
Doesn't respond to PM's? Pshaw. Ok, I will call myself.
Large Mike

Thank you.
Large Mike

Intelligence tests to recognize, but I won't hold up the game for it, so hurry.
kevyn668
Int: 1, 2, 3, 5

gobogen
Intel: 3,3,3,4,10
Fresno Bob
5, 5, 5, 1, 1, 2
Fresno Bob
I'll wait for the word on who he is before I post again.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Intelligemce Test: 1,1,1,7,8
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Recognie, schmecognize. This guy's toasst!

Reaction Test (for surprise): 1,1,5,2,6,6,4,4
Initiative test: R:8+7 (2 and 5 on 2D6)=15

Mickey'll make sure he shoots from short range, walking closer if need be.

Quickdraw test: 1,2,4,7,8,11,11. Man, did Mickey ever look smoooth pulling his gun!
Pistols test (bat-man, 3 combat pool added):2,2,3,4,5,5,7,9. I have a smartlink, he's standing still...that oughtta be good for 9D+2 overflow
Pistols test (scared guy):2,3,4,7,8. He's also standing still and I still have a smartlink, but he's a second target...still oughta just need 2's. Should be good for 9D

Keeping my last 6 combat pool to deal with any surprises that pop up...like the guy being immune to bullets or having an invisible army behind him.
kevyn668
What? You're not going to leave this to your new enfocer??

That's what I'm here for!! All TV shows bring in a new heavy for the second season (whichi is probably wrapping up...) nyahnyah.gif

[edit] I think the "scared guy" is actually the "scarred guy" [/edit]
gobogen
Well... I'm here too... I mean, I am the ORK !! wink.gif
Fresno Bob
And I think they're both the same person.
Fresno Bob
All TV shows bring in a new heavy for the second season

That makes me think. If this was a show, I wonder what kind of ratings it would get. Who would the populace's favorite character be?
Large Mike

Nobody recognized.
kevyn668
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Apr 16 2004, 04:54 AM)
All TV shows bring in a new heavy for the second season

That makes me think. If this was a show, I wonder what kind of ratings it would get. Who would the populace's favorite character be?

Just look at the number of "views" for the thread. Considering that there are only four of us now and I don't think there was ever more than 7 or 8 at any one time, I'd say we'd be doing pretty good.

My favorite character would be either Nick or Blitz. Normaly, I'd vote for myself but SUe hasn't done a whole lot besides pallin' around w/ Nick....

[edit] what happened to Painkiller?[/edit]
Large Mike

JK had to go take care of something else for a while, so Painkiller will be an NPC until furthur notice.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Not a single moment to breathe, eh Mike?
Fresno Bob
Sue =/= Magic Man

Ricks goes Astral
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Oops...meant Ricks...off to edit I go...
Large Mike

Keepin' it fast. Besides, if your family was under seige, you'd call in reinforcements as soon as possible, no?
Large Mike

Driving test and shootin' test out of the appropriet peoples.
Fresno Bob
I suppose I'll make a few bike tests

1, 13, 2, 16, 3, 3

1, 4, 1, 3, 5, 2

5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2

Ah yes, Body Rolls and Initiative.

Initiative: 11

Body

04 03 05 03 04 02 05
01 03 10 04 07 04 01
02 05 07 11 01 10 05
gobogen
Here we go. I've got +1 TN for my wounds.

Initiative: 12 (so 11)

2 bursts followed by two SA shots, TN should be 4 -2 for SGII +1 for wounds +recoil for following shots

1 Combat pool per shot

Burst 1 22,3,4,9,26 (holy crap eek.gif),2,15,4,2 - my best roll ever !!!! cool.gif
Burst 2 1,3,2,5,2,2,1,5,10
Shot 1 4,5,9,2,5,4,5,4,9
Shot 2 2,4,3,2,8,2,2,3,2

Body roll 1,4,5,4,7,4,2,11,3,4,2,4 + 1,2,9,4,5 (combat pool)
these are all at -1
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Leadership Test:2,3,7,17. Woohoo! YELLOW (not Widow...I meant to type Yello...typo) and Raven should do as told!

Small Unit Tactics Test:2,3,4. Drat. No increased initiatives.

SMG Full Auto Test (cover fire, 3 combat pool):1,2,2,2,9,11,11,23. Whoa...I may have actually hit something. (Base target number 4+12 for 12 bullets=16. Subtract 2 for the smartlink, 4 more for recoil compensation, folding stock and strength and I needed 10's. I assume they have cover which makes 14's. If I hit anyone it's gonna hurt. Even if I get the "firing blind" modefier it's a 22! Damn! Hmmm...well, if I get the firing blind modefier, then the smartlink wouldn't count, so it'd miss, but still...someone's hearing that whistle!

Initiative: 7+ (2D6) 8=15 Heh...forgot to roll it so I had to edit.

Second Full Auto Shot (Again 3 combat pool):1,1,4,1,2,7,4,11. Well, that was more normal.
kevyn668
I don't have a cover fire capable weapon...but why let game mechanics interfere w/ a good scene, right? biggrin.gif

Initiative: 23

1st Pass
Pistols (Blindfire, no recoil, no CP dice): 1, 2, 2, 3, 7, 8, 11, 15
Pistols (Blindfire, +1 recoil soaked by str, no CP dice): 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 13

2nd Pass
Pistols (Blindfire, no recoil, no CP dice): 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 8, 19
Pistols (Blindfire, +1 recoil soaked by str, no CP dice): 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20

3rd Pass
Pistols (Blindfire, no recoil, no CP dice): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 10
Pistols (Blindfire, +1 recoil soaked by str, no CP dice): 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 7, 10

If Sue actually sees any badguys, he/she/they/it get both barrels of the shotgun [both barrels is equal to a short burst so base damge is 10S)

Shotgun (+1 recoil, 3 CP dice): 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 13

kevyn668
hey Mike, the guys in the IC, were they supposed to be the two that Sue dropped? I only meant to knock 'em out--like they do in the movies.
Large Mike

You mean the two that you tied up? Nono, they were knocked out good and proper. The 'everybody got into it' and the 'motorcycle roared out' should've tipped you off. The two IC were the two that were covering the front door.

By all rights, with that clean an ambush setup you should all be dead, but I cut you some slack. You gotta watch out for that, though.
kevyn668
Oh. The "with out a shoot fired..." made me think you took Sue's actions equivalent to crushing thier skulls.

As for the ambush. Thanks smile.gif

So, just the we're all clear: We have Sue and Mickey shooting up the doorway, Nick and Reptile charged the gates, Ricks is...chilling, Yellow is fighting on the roof (?), Raven is using the "thought bullet" technique in antempt at psychological warefare (can't wait to see how that one turns out) and everyone else is dead or gone? And we no longer have any transport other than the Dreamshreader?

Well, crap.

Somebody do something good! grinbig.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Yellow went to the roof? She was s'posed to go to the second floor! Braggafragga!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...round 2.

Willpower Test (as in, does he go berzerk?):Heh...dammit. 2,3,4,9,11,22. What a waste of a 22!
Initiative:13
SMG (3 combat pool):1,2,10,4,5,10,1,5. Well, not nearly so good as before.

Perception:3,4,5,5,4. Remember I have the perception edge.
Fresno Bob
Is the ground level all cleared out?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
1st and 2nd floors were all clear before we left to help you guys out.
kevyn668
I suspect the situation has changed since the scarred guy was in the doorway.

I'm gonna wait until we an update from Mike before I start firing again.
Large Mike

On what exactly? Astral recon has told you what it's told you, and I don't really know what else there is to say.
Fresno Bob
Maybe like, how many guys are left on the ground, whether or not we've killed everyone...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012