Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
JongWK
Where's Shadow? I've been waiting for Ghost, but I'll go with Blitz and Kake or I'll miss the "fun" nyahnyah.gif
Large Mike

Alright, Mikey. The data on the deck is pretty damn corrupted. They were once half-decent programs, but now you can barely tell what they are at all. You're best option is just to wipe the deck and see what you can do from there, really. Unless you know a better trick than I do.

Guys, Shadow seems MIA. I'm going to message him, and if I get no response in 48 hours, he will become an NPC, and then probably sacrificed to the plot gods.

Wong, we'll just glaze over the intro in the mean time. Go have fun with the boys with the bustin' of skulls.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, With Mickey's computer skill of 2...soon to be 3 after enough time goes by (I intend to buy the skill higher with my 5 karma) and no build/repair skill, there's not a whole lot he can do other than copy the files to chips and see if he can find someone to salvage the data...there might be something rebuildable or hidden in it. Also, I need to get more bullets. So...anyone got a decent contact for ammo or is willing to spare a few rounds?

Oh yeah...how's leadership gonna be resolved if Shadow's dropped out?
Large Mike
Well, obviously, I'm going to throw the situation to the dogs (i.e. you guys) and see how it turns out.
Grey
I think that Shadow is just on vacation, he never pegged me as the type to bail.
Digital Heroin
Whew... close one there... just about had to have Blitz beat the crap outta everyone and claim leadership nyahnyah.gif
Shadow
Sorry guys, thanksgiving sucked. My comp was pretty much toasted the whole weekend, *sniff* a four day weekend and no video games! Oh the humanities!

OK, like I said, sorry, but I am back now. So yeah... there... and stuff.
Fresno Bob
Nick has a fixer contact who could get you some ammo. Just mention it to him.
grimshear
Wow... my existance seems to have been glazed over... frown.gif
Shadow
Sorry Grim, that was my fault, all better!
Large Mike

Alright everyone, I need some perception rolls.
Tanka
Perception: 1, 2, 3, 5

Well, drek, Kake misses it.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Perception: 1,1,1,4,10. Crap! That sucked!

I guess this is for before I head out to deal with Tony...went IC before reading OOC.
Large Mike

Nah, it's all good. Enough of the perception roles.
Fresno Bob
4, 2, 5, 9, 4, 1

Awesome.
grimshear
1, 3, 5, 8
JongWK
Perception: 2, 2, 2, 4, 5

Crap-tacular dead.gif
Digital Heroin
21, 8

Holy-o-frag!
Large Mike

Well, those rolls were going to be for a little something I had planned during the night, but Mickey woke up and did something else, so maybe another night.
Tanka
Oh, Mike, refer to my post on the previous page, that's number eight, and tell me what I did or did not install. I'm heading right first.

Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busy.
Large Mike

Vent's yours. The others didn't work.
Large Mike

See's grocery is a small store with not as much lighting as it should have and a fine layer of dust covering the merchandise, most of which is several monthes old. There is an old man thumbing through the magazines on the rack, and a bored looking asian man sitting behind the counter, writing something down on his clip-board.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, what do I know about Seahawk?

Street etiquette test: 2,3,3,5,9,9
Large Mike

You've come across Seahawk a couple of times. He's a little high-class to squat, and he has a home about 75% of the time. He just really likes the simple life and spends most of his time with squatters. He's also fairly religious, and used to be a vicious brawlers. Dwarven Male about 35.

Also, I've put something that was supposed to be IC OOC, so I'll fix it.
Large Mike

Oh, and Mikey, 1 Karma if you never do that thing with the football terms ever again.
Fresno Bob
Yes. Please never do that again.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Bwa ha ha ha! I am the punmaster! I shall extort karma by writing painfully silly things until bribed to stop! nyahnyah.gif

Did nobody think it was even a little funny?
Digital Heroin
Intimidation: 3, 14
Tanka
Rock on. Scare those store workers. biggrin.gif
Large Mike

Ahh, crap. I didn't take the intimidation rolls into account when replying for the cashier. Oh well, I guess I just built a cashier that is un-inimidatable. Sorry guys.
Tanka
No problem. I think he'll get the idea either way.

Everybody makes mistakes. Just don't let it happen again. vegm.gif
Digital Heroin
It's all good... I'll just asume one of them was a ninja, and was going to kill us all with Real Ultimate Power! but he was scared and peed himself instead... biggrin.gif
Tanka
Oh how I despise that site...

*stabby stabby stabby*
Fresno Bob
Isn't Ghost an Ork?
Digital Heroin
*bleeding like a stuck pig*

Damn... there goes another shirt...
Fresno Bob
Quit bleeding on me.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
He's required to bleed. It's what us Edgers do!
Fresno Bob
Indeed...
Shadow
Ghost is an ork
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay, it's initiative time! They made their presence known so I'm guessing there's no surprise test.

initiative roll: 8+4+6=18
quickdraw test: 6,2,2,1,2,2,6. Got my pred 2 in hand. Yay.

Actions
Mickey'll hit cover as best he can. It's an old diner so I'm sure there's a table and chairs he can get behind...the service counter if it's available. That'll be his movement action. If I can be prone, too, then I will.

Next, he'll try to blow away Teng. The orks he'll leave to Nick for the moment.
Shotting test: Combat pool, 3 dice. Skill: 5 dice. Smartling for -2 target number. 19,7,4,22,5,2,1,7.

Now, if I beat them in initiative, then they are standing still with no cover at all. That should be short range. Base target number 4. I ran for cover. +4 for a total of 8. Target stationary for -1, smartling for -2 more. Total target number 5. That would be 5 successes for 9D (or 3 if Teng is not considered stationary, making it 9S).

Second shot. 3 combat pool, 5 skill.
1,4,5,2,1,11,7,8. Recoil is absorbed by his 5 strength so same target numbers. same damages. 9D (or 9S if he's not stationary). So, did I drop Teng?

Athletics test: In case ya decide I need one to get behind cover. 7,4,4,2

Damage resistance body test: 8,3,4,1,1, 3 combat pool for dodge test: 6,4,2. There's 2 successes to go toward sucesses with the body test.

Second body test: (just in case) 5,2,1,17,1. No combat pool left Lemme know if I need to spend Karma pool.

Fresno Bob
Damn you Mikey!

Init: 6+6, 12 (I forget if Init uses the rule of Six. If it does, then Init is 19.)

Quickdraw: 5, 1, 6, 6, 6, 5 (Ps: Holy Crap! Thats like, superfast draw)

Actions:

Nick also hits cover, then shoots Ork #1 (We'll count from the left), with his explosive ammo Predator.

He puts 3 combat pool in the first shot, and 2 in the other, making 9 and 8 dice.

First shot: 05 02 02 05 02 01 03 11 05

Second: 09 09 05 01 05 11 02 05

Same assumed TN as Mickey, 4 successes on first shot for 10D, 6 on the second shot for 10D again, recoil absorbed by personalized grip.

Athletics: 5, 4, 2, 5

Body:(5/3 armor) 11 05 04 05 02 04 03, dodge 2 dice: 4, 5, body (2) 01 11 01 04 03 04 09

Goddammit, Nick's going to punch Mickey in the face if we make it out of this.

Tanka
Initiative doesn't use Rule of Six unless you have Adrenaline Surge and no 'ware to up your dice count.
Fresno Bob
Damn! I knew I should have gotten Boosted Reflexes.
Fresno Bob
I hope those are 8S shotguns firing flechette, because then I succeded all my body rolls for the first one...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I'm betting on Defiance with 10S damage. ANd I hadda do it, Voorhees! How ofton do ya get an opportunity like that? Oh yeah...combat monster test: 1,1,4,1,1,5. Looks like Mickey's in it for the long haul!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Ideally, I'll have these target number modefiers to their attacks.
Partial cover....+4
Running...........+2

And I have armour of 4/4
Fresno Bob
Damn! I forgot Nick has the Impulsive flaw.

He probably would have done it, anyway. Oh well. I can't blame you. I was anticipating doing the same thing, when I saw it a while ago. You just got to post first.

Still, if we live, and I think we might, we'll be like, the gang badasses.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Hoo-yeah! I can just picture us...we've just smoked Teng and his heavies. We stand up, dust ourselves of, spin and holster our sidearms, pop on the dark sunglasses and strut down the stroll as "Staying Alive" plays in the background. A high 5 halfway through for style!
Fresno Bob
I like the way you think.
Digital Heroin
Gang badasses? C'mon... Blitz was gonna take on a whole bar full of armed guys with a chain and a vodka bottle... nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012