Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike

An undertimed amount on the roof. At least two, one of which is unconcious. Probably more like a small handful of them.
Grey
What do I see on the Astral?
Grey
Should we roll Initiative at this point? How do you want to work it?
Large Mike

Well, even on the astral, the tangos are given mucho cover by the fact that they're ducking on the roof. You can sorta see some masses with auras peeking out over the horizon created by the roofline.

I'mma just go see how many Edgers are still alive out of the NPCs, and *then* I'll want initiative and actions.
Large Mike

Unless my notes are wrong, I still need damage resistance from Blitz, Ricks... actually, I think that's it...
Grey
Oh, you said you needed them from people on bikes, I was accross the street, so I didn't think I was included.

Combat Pool: 09 05 05 05 03 03 02 01 01 #D:9 TN:4 H#:9 S:4
Body: 10 05 04
Large Mike

Blitz?
Digital Heroin
Resistance: 16,7,7,5,4,3,3,2,2,1
Grey
<deleted> smile.gif
Large Mike

btw, Blitz, where were you, so I don't have to look it up.
Grey
He was with me over near the alley.
Large Mike

Gotcha. Well, then, you guys do whatever it is you want to do. For the moment, they're seeking the cover of the roof, as far as you can tell. There's definatly movement up there, but you can't really tell how many or what's going on.

Do your things, guys.
Digital Heroin
Blitz was on foot, following Ricks until he worked his mojo, then he was going to storm the presumed waiting ambush...
kevyn668
This is where comms would come in handy. Someone make a note to get hands free accessories and conference call options on the cells. Thats gonna be the cheapest solution. Mickey would be in his element and we could operate more like a team in these ops.

Yes?
Fresno Bob
Did the rocket launcher survive the explosion?
Large Mike

Simply because I don't want to have to go retcon a second explosion, and my inner gunbunny has never actually seen one of these babies used, I'm going to say you forgot that it was magically in your hands the whole time.

Enjoy. biggrin.gif
gobogen
to shoot the building:

full auto 9 rounds/turn (+3 recoil, +2 wound, -1 stationary, -2 smartlink)
including 7 combat pool: 2,2,9,1,3,3,3,4,11,5,3,1,5,7 (3 successes, unmodified damge 17D)

to shoot a guy that appears (6 rounds, TN4, +2, -2, unmodified damge 14D)
including 4 combat pool: 1,8,2,5,4,2,8,4,5,3,3 (6 successes)

Reptile has three extra clips of 28 plus about 25 in his current one. He changes clips continually, maybe in the same round that he shoots because of initiative, so that there is a continuous gunfire directed at the building. When he has about 20 rounds left, he stops and keeps the ammo, at that point he will look for cover, but the shooting should last a little bit more than a minute.
Grey
Summoning a force 6 Wind Spirit

Conjuring: 09 08 08 04 03 02 #D:6 TN:6 H#:5 S:3 (3 favors)
5M Drain: 09 07 03 02 02 01 #D:6 TN:6 H#:9 S:2 (light drain)

Free action is used to tell the spirit to confuse everyone on the rooftop, but make sure it gets anyone that is astrally active. I'll be using my spell pool to help defend it if a mage attacks it up there.
Large Mike

a) Confuse is a one-person-at-a-time only power. It doesn't specifically say it in the spirits section, but in the Great Spirits section of MitS it says that one of the possible powers of great spirits is to use their powers on multiple people.

b) Officially, there needs to be wind for a wind spirit, but I'll give it to you cause I'm a nice guy and it's not game-breaking or anything.
Grey
Ak! I was thinking Confuse was multi-person, thats Conceal. Sorry, my bad.

I want him to confuse whoever is Magicly active up there.
Fresno Bob
Blitz probably has a handle on the thing, so I don't think I'll use the rocket launcher...Also, I'd probably miss.
Fresno Bob
Rule! With a TN of 8, and rolling 5 dice, I got three successes. That is good.
Digital Heroin
Body (For Athletics): 10 07 05 05 04 04 03 02 02 01

Back in stride...

Edit: Oh yeah, warn the trog after he's in mid leap... nyahnyah.gif
Large Mike
Mickey, none of the applicants have firearms except for one streetsweeper in aweful condition between them.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allriight. Mickey will pass Nick's Ingram Smartgun and a spare clip to Lou or his own Ares Predator 2 and a spare clip...whichever he knows how to use in the order of priority as just posted. smile.gif
gobogen
LM, did I get the guy that I first hurt in the shoulder and then saw in my line of sight? I want to know if I extracted proper revenge grinbig.gif
Grey
And whats happening with my spirit?
Fresno Bob
It did say his neck went into the line of fire...
Large Mike

Yeah, you got him.

Grey, there are indeed people up top being confused. You just have no evidence of it.
Large Mike

Oh, and it's my birthday today, so everyone gets 1 karma.
Grey
w00t! Happy birthday man! How old are ya?
gobogen
Happy Birthday !!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Oh, and it's my birthday today, so everyone gets 1 karma.

eek.gif WOOHOO! ANother excuse for chocolate cake! Enjoy, dude!
Digital Heroin
Willpower (Combat Monster): 5,3,3 (Yes, failed... madness pervails!)

Initiative: 21

Dodge/Duck (All combat pool): 5,4,2,1
Brawling (Nearest shotgunner): 11,10,10,9,5,5,5,3,3,1
Whip (Next shotgunner): 5,5,4,4,4,3,2,1
Strength (Sheild Rush): 14,5,5,5,5,4,3,2,2,2

Restistance

Extra Karma = Rock... Happy Birthday, eh...
Large Mike

Mikey, keep in mind your dealing with squatters. If they had vehicles, they'd probably live in them.
Large Mike

Update: I'll be spending the weekend bumming around on people's couches and whatnot, so don't expect high volume out of me. I actually do this a bit, I just figured I'd tell you guys this time. You usually barely notice.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Mikey, keep in mind your dealing with squatters. If they had vehicles, they'd probably live in them.

Fair enough. Then we all run our asses off!

Athletics test: 1,5,5,13.
Large Mike

Mikey, it's about ten blocks away. I say that running your asses off, and possibly puking once or twice, you'll make it in ten minutes. After that, until you rest at least 5 minutes, I'm going to impose +1 to all your target numbers due to exhaustion. By all rights I should ask a body test out of you, but I'm too nice a guy.

Blitz, I need you to roll body, resisting a poink blank shotgun blast to the head. My books are at home, as are my notes, so I don't know how much damage it'll be off-hand, but it'll be alot. Roll well, because things do not look well for our hero.
Digital Heroin
Gotta love going out with a bang...

10 09 08 05 04 04 03 03 02 01 01
#D:11 TN:4 H#:10 S:6

If I die before I wake... I'm gonna come back from the dead and kill the motherfragger who did it... biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Will this be the end of our intrepid hero?
last_of_the_great_mikeys
10 minutes for 10 blocks? Holy smokes those are some mighty big blocks. I guess maybe you meant 100 blocks?

Blitz, it couldn't hurt to see if Mike uses the Hand of Gawd rule.
Digital Heroin
City blocks do tend to get pretty big... *nod*

Couldn't hurt, neh... but I wanna see if he can soak it... biggrin.gif
kevyn668
Happy B'day (belated) LM!!
Large Mike

City blocks are big, my friend.

DH, I'm sorry.
Grey
I don't like the sound of that... frown.gif
Digital Heroin
No worries... as much as I hate to see the big guy go, his run was a memorable one, and he died as he would wish.

Now... I think I need to cook up another concept... *ponders*
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Uh oh...
Digital Heroin
Suddenly, my mind is bouncing around the idea of a jaded street preacher...
Fresno Bob
It won't be the same game without Blitz.

Throwing Weapons, 10, 4, 5, 2, 2. That should be one success.
kevyn668
Digital Heroin Posted on Mar 30 2004, 01:41 AM
  Suddenly, my mind is bouncing around the idea of a jaded street preacher... 

Well, we might need one with all the Edgers that have been finding religion lately... smile.gif

I'm gonna blast two out of the three punks but it'll have to wait till I get home and get to my dice....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012