Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike

Grey: wasn't thinking when I made the post. Modified to reflect your barrens knowledge. And yes, astral forms can be seen by material forms (iirc) but I don't recall it being said that their perspective changes. After all, it's not like you grow physical eyes.
Grey
Guess it just depends on the GM then, you're the first to say no. smile.gif
Large Mike

I'm like that. nyahnyah.gif
Grey
Its all good smile.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Sorry the post was so late guys. Was sleeping all day 'cause I workk overnights. The post seems a touch retroactive, but Widow's challenge had to be answered.

Large Mike, I hope posting it this late is not inapropriate. If so, lemme know and I'll modify or delete it.

If it's relevant, Mickey's trying to use Leadership on her. A combination or reason and threat.

Leadership roll: 3,4,5,11.
Large Mike

I think for this, we'll freeform the social end of it. And no, that's not that out of place. Kinda fits with Mickey's kinda spaced state of mind.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Well, looks like there's gonna be a rumble in the urban jungle! My previous rolls should stand I guess. Let's hope Widow doesn't beat the crap outta Mickey too badly or kill him. I have 8 good karma I ain't had the chance to spend yet. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I got 2 successes on my Combat Monster flaw check...for at least one full round, it's on, baby! cyber.gif
Large Mike

Alright. I'mma need your initiative roll, and at least three unarmed rolls. And tell me where you'll be using your combat pool.
gobogen
The internet doesn't translate joking tones well...I don't see how anyone could potentially be offended by Jerkass Wankbitch. Its just so funny sounding.

Haha. It is, but I had a bad day and read this differently because of my mood I guess.

I'll put 5$ on Mickey in the OOC section now grinbig.gif
Grey
Astral Perception: 05 05 05 04 02 02
Grey
Basicly, I'm looking to see what Cyber they may have installed. Specificly I'm looking at Mickey to see if he has bodyware that may be reaction enhancers.
Large Mike

You have to ask Mickey about that. I'm moving, and *everything* is packed up. My computer use is stolen moments here and there.
Grey
<sits back and waits for an answer from Mickey>
kevyn668
Right after I posted it, I knew the "cigarette plan" would come back to bite me in the ass...
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Initiative: 18

Impact armour rating: 4

Combat Pool: 9

1st unarmed combat roll (5 combat pool): 4,4,1,5,8,9,1,5,7,4. That's 8 successes. Sweet!

Damage Resistance Roll: 3,5,9,9,5. That's not bad.

2nd unarmed combat roll (4 combat pool): 1,2,3,10,8,1,6,5,16. That's probably 5 successes. Not as good as before, but not bad.

Damage Resistance Roll: 10,9,2,2,2. Crap! My Red Dice of Doom™ failed me!

3rd unarmed combat roll (all out of combat pool): 3,4,5,5,11. Good for a potential 4 successes!

Damage Resistance Roll: 5,4,1,7,3.

ANything else, L.M. or did I get it all?

Damage Resistance Roll: 15,4,2,11,5.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (Grey)
Astral Perception: 05 05 05 04 02 02
Basicly, I'm looking to see what Cyber they may have installed. Specificly I'm looking at Mickey to see if he has bodyware that may be reaction enhancers.

Essesnce:3.34

Mostly central nervous system mods. He has an obvious datajack (alphawear...a relic from his corp days), what is likely a smartlink considering it goes from his hand to his brain/eye and probably wired or boosted reflexes.

For a ganger, pretty heavily cybered. For a runner, he's almost naked!
kevyn668
Respond to my to post you wanker!! grinbig.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Silently, Girl and Mother lifted the now uncouncious Widow from the ground. Bishop didn't think twice about helping, and Diablo didn't think twice about going with Bishop. Beast, however, hovered indecicivly between the crowd and Widow's crew. Finally, he stopped figiting, staying with the rest of the Edgers.

Girl gave a small mock-salute, although obviously putting some meaning into it, and they dragged Widow away, turning to walk down the street and out of the lives of the Bleeding Edge.

Holy crap! I didn't expect a mass defection! I thought this was just a discipline problem/alpha fight. 5 edgers just bolted!
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Gonna have to try a leaderhip roll to see if any of 'em will stay, Large Mike.

Leadership: 2,2,4,7. Crap! The Red Dice of Doom™ failed me! I bet I needed far better than that! Bragga Fragga..!
kevyn668
maybe they're just taking her into the house....
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I dunno...he said "out of the lives of the Bleeding Edge."
Large Mike

Indeed I did. They are most certainly not headed for the building.
Fresno Bob
Thats the end of that chapter.
kevyn668
hey, a guy can be positive... biggrin.gif
Grey
We are in the area already? I didn't see any posts about anyone driving or anything. Crap, ignore my post about us getting into the area then.
Grey
Astral Perception: 05 05 04 04 02 01 #D:6 TN:4 H#:5 S:4
last_of_the_great_mikeys
OKay, Large Mike, leadership by example to get the rest to foolow the plan and follow Mickey in. Do I need to roll it?

I'm working on getting rid of that scorched flaw...it's why I ain't spent any karma yet. I figure this might be a kinda epiphany or something....clearing out the arcology...clearing out the demons.
gobogen
Hey DH, I thought Blitz was going in the direction of the ladies that took Widow and not in the direction of the house... I was just wondering if you were doing this intentionally. It's too bad that the Edge loses so many members without anyone doing much about it. I mean, Reptile would try something if only he could ..
Fresno Bob
Yeah, thats what I thought, too. But apparantly not. I included Blitz in the plan so later I could be like "Ok, Blitz...wait, where's Blitz? How do you lose a 9ft Troll!?"
kevyn668
You forgot to check your pockets.... grinbig.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
I did do something about it. Mother and the rest will talk with us when Widow heals up some.
kevyn668
Spoken like a true politican. wink.gif

biggrin.gif
gobogen
I know you tried something, but I feel like we might never see them again, unlike the huge troll who's hard to lose, well most of the time smile.gif
Oh well, too bad .. everyone knows that every player character is worth at least 5 NPCs anyways grinbig.gif
Large Mike

If you'll look back, in the first fight with the Losers, I killed at least two PCs, possibly three, I don't remember. So the ratio isn't that high in this game.

And Mikey, to be clear: Are you going to kill every squatter you see, or what?

Grey: Same scene as before, basically. Except that the mage is on the can, rather than on the floor. THere's a good chance he's on another BTL, but you can't be absolutly sure. Very difficult to check a chipjack for chips in the astral.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
They have the option of leaving. If they don't go, they die.
gobogen
If you'll look back, in the first fight with the Losers, I killed at least two PCs, possibly three, I don't remember. So the ratio isn't that high in this game.

Well that's because your a mean mean GM !
Large Mike

Gritty, the word is gritty.

And yes, I'm also evil. As well as mean.
Fresno Bob
It was two, and one had been a non-poster so far...
Large Mike

Shh, I'm trying to look evil.
Grey
Casting Improved Invisibility (Force 5):10 09 05 05 05 05 04 03 02 01 #D:10 TN:4 H#:10 S:7 (+5 to notice him)
Drain: 09 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 01 01 #D:10 TN:4 H#:9 S:6 (no drain)

Sneaking accross the street: 11 04 01 01 (TN 16 to spot him)

Summons up a Watcher (Force 3): 05 05 04 03 02 01 #D:6 TN:4 H#:5 S:3 (only keeping it for an hour)
Drain: 11 05 04 04 04 02 #D:6 TN:5 H#:11 S:2 (no drain)

LM: Can you give me a layout of the building so I know what I'm dealing with. I'm trying to figure out the best way to sneak in. Doors, Windows, holes in a wall, basement with outside access?
Grey
If anyone says anything to Ricks asking him to wait, he'll stop and listen, but he'll still bring up the spells and call in the Watcher. He is acting off the ideas that he presented from before and was Astral while everyone was talking, so he wouldn't know if he wasn't suppossed to go in the way he plans.
kevyn668
I don't have a prob. I posted IC. It seemed like something Sue would say. Besides, we're pretty unorganized as a rule. I kind of like it, actually.
Grey
Me too, it gives it a ganger feel, rather than a pro-runner feel. smile.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Allright, Large Mike, are all the gangers I'm taking into the building with me NPC's? And how many do I have with me?

Here's that Leadership Roll: 2,4,5,22 (whoo!)
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Eh? Big Man? Oh, right, Mickey. I'm sure its alright with him. If he had any problems he'd have come himself

BAD Nick! cyber.gif
Large Mike
Well, Mickey, who seems to be left behind is Bruised, Yellow, and Junkie.
Grey
LM: I'm a little confused by your second post. Who kicked what door in? Is that someone on the outside going in, or someone on the inside kicking in a door on the inside? Sorry, maybe its just me only getting 2 hours sleep last night, but I couldn't figure that one out.
Large Mike

Sorry, that's Mickey little clean-up operation. That has nothing to do with you.
Grey
oh ok, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012