Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Bleeding Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Large Mike
Yes, there are alot of NPCs. But you guys put in the money for them, so it's what I wrote up. These are all develpable characters, so don't expect you'll be able to ignore them.

Have fun.
Tanka
First post!

Sorry, had to. ;p
Tanka
Body roll (in case somebody runs smack into me...): 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5

Perception: 4, 4, 9, 11

Man that Body roll sucked! Kake looks like he don't like taking hits much. frown.gif
Large Mike

No need for the body roll.

That perception roll lets you notice the hole in Prometheus' head/throat and his gun at the floor. It's a troll-modified Warhawk with "Home, sweet home" Etched down the barrel.
Shadow
I asked so it couldn't be too obvious smile.gif

He is increasing his Brawling skill by 1, and taking the skill intimidation/physical at 2/3.

I'll send you the updated sheet ASAP.
Large Mike

No need to send an updated sheet, I'll just make the cahnges on my copy.
Digital Heroin
Will be posting in Blitz's reaction when I get back in from the office... no dice here...
Tanka
Perception for noticing anything out of place: 2, 3, 5, 10

I am, of course, assuming that I can tell if something is out of place. Maybe, maybe not.
Shadow
As the gang member come in, Ghost is going to make a perception check to see if he can gauge the mood. He knows he has a tenative hold as of right now and if anyone wanted to challenge, now would be ideal.

Actually two rolls, he is going to be as intimidating as possible, standing next to the fallen leader, and do the perception thing.

Perception Check

05 05 01 05 03 11

Intimidation - Physical

08 02 05
Digital Heroin
Quick question before I actually post IC... you allowing SURGE? Because out of a fit of boredom I rolled the test, and actually got a 17 for a single sucess...
Tanka
Any electronics in the room? A good description of the whole thing might be good... As well as one of him (jackpoints, obvious 'ware...). Any decks/old-school computers (old school for the era, of course)?
Fresno Bob
I'm here, I'm here. Sorry it took a bit for me to post.
Tanka
Ooh! Ooh! Can I have a skill in sighing? grinbig.gif
Large Mike

I'm not sure what'd accomplish, but sure. As a gift, you get the skill: sighing: 2.

Nick, just so you don't feel left out, you can have "Bumming a smoke": 2

Everyone else, you can all have "Standing around":2

Except for Mickey and Blitz, who get "Sleeping": 2
Tanka
Yay! biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
Can I take specialization Camels?
Tanka
There I go, sighing again.

Sigh: 2, 4

Was I convincing? rollin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Pardon my lacking posts...wed, thurs and fri overnights I work, so 1 post those days...after that, posts galore biggrin.gif

How'd my leadership roll go, LM? Or do I need to bother when giving those orders?
Digital Heroin
w00t! *adds sleeping: 2 to his sheet* Was holding off until and answer on the SURGE... would transform Blitz from bad motherfragger to monster... and, well, there'd be a definite reaction to Mother's whistle, since he'd have High Frequency hearing...
Fresno Bob
Hmmm, what exactly does our gang deal in?

Also, I think we should go beat up the Lockpicks.
Large Mike
Sorry, double-post
Digital Heroin
It's all good... definitly would have made a difference, since he would have had even more horns and dermal deposits, and kind of had black skin with veigns of crimson... alright... IC I go...
Large Mike

You're leadership roll went thusly: 1, 1, 2, 2,

My dice don't like rolling for other people, I guess. I trust you guys to do those rolls yourselves.

Sorry, I didn't read on the surge. I won't allow it, at least not to start, but if I want to surge anyone, I'll keep your roll in mind.

And the Bleeding Edge so far has dealt in being in the neighbourhood. Not much to speak of, really, just a little of this and a little of that as opportunities arise.
Digital Heroin
Perception roll: 1, 3

Spec-fraggin'-tacular.
Shadow
Ok LM, heres my leadership roll,

1 4 4 9

Intimidation: Physical

5 3 2

I am trying to just force the situation forward without giving them time to think.
Grey
Sorry for taking so long to post, I'll have one for you tomorrow morning.
Large Mike

Good show! One karma to you, Shadow, for the outburst (and being clever enough to make is seem like a murder) and one Karma to Voor because it'll take some clever, clever work to not fight you and stay in character. And even if he does fight you, I see character development on the horizon.
Digital Heroin
Intimidation to back his words to Nick: 8, 5, 5

Intimidation to back his words to Ghost: 3, 5, 5

What can I say... Blitz does as Blitz wants, and for now he wants to kick some ass, but he'll let Ghost lead the way... cool.gif
Large Mike

So, for what you know about the Losers (none of you have just gangs as a knowledge skill. Everyone has turf and ident. It's strange, but I just used one of the two arbitrarily.) I did all the rolls because I wanted one from everyone, and this saves time.

Blitz: 3, 4, 5
Kake: 3, 3, 8
Nick: 5, 9
Mickey: 1, 1, 4, 5, 16
Ghost: 2, 3, 11, 16

And the two that I'm not sure we've heard from yet (I havn't gotten much sleep in the past couple of days, so forgive me if I just didn't notice.) (This is probabably why I've been calling everyone by their character name. Again, forgive me.)

Tyler: 1, 2, 5
Jake: 3, 4, 5, 7

So, what you collectivly know about the Losers is the definitions of their turf, the location of their clubhouse ( a floor of apartments above a diner. The Diner is affiliated, and there's only two floors to the building), and that they are led by a Jaded dwarf named Wolfe who never starts fights, but has so far finished every fight he's ever been in. You also know of a few others in the upper ranks. Lil' Wolf is a human brawling psuedo-tribal that deals BTLs. Rusty Nail is a rude, offensive, alcoholic fighter with a bit of skill in B&E.
Tanka
Well, just in case. Let people know I'm serious.

Intimidation: 2, 4, 5
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Large Mike, you roll far too many ones for me! Half the rolls you've made for me have been so far! Cut it out! wink.gif

The leadership roll for backing up Ghost (his little "is there a problem" speech): 1, 4, 4, 11. Dunno if it was needed or not, but there's the rolls.
Mickey's not bucking for leadership, though he wouldn't mind the #2 spot.

A bit of background ya all would have picked up in the few months you've known him: He speaks in a soft voice and his gaze seems a little unfocused. He hates Renraku and is calmly paranoid...he suspectrs enemies, but doesn't overreact or let it stop him from (somewhat) functioning. He's loyal as heck and has an eye for detail. Physically, he stands out in the gang because of his datajack (and no deck or connecter cord) and for keeping his leather jacket with a renraku symbpl on it with a red circle and stylised slash that resembes a blood dripping knife through it. He sprays a big R with a red circle and slash onthose he defeats or on the ground beside them.He keeps a big monkey wrench with a broken gripping tip he uses as a club and has a pistol...some kind of Ares Predator (they all look alike). He's kinda security obsessed...thus causing his initial reaction.

He was "adopted" by the gang when they had a common enemy and he defended both himself and other gang members ably.

I'm still waiting to see what his "scorched" effect is, though.

Also, I realised that I A: got his reaction score wrong (it's 6(cool.gif, not 5(7) ) and B: forgot to pick his 2 contacts. One's a street doc, the other another squatter who kinda owns by default his hovel and let's people stay under his dry roof for cred, food or anything else he can use. A "King of His Castle" type.
Fresno Bob
Damn, I didn't get to post earlier. Oh well, I'll just say something now.

Damn, and I would've punched Mickey in the face.
Large Mike

I noticed the M-23 has an avalibility of 6, which is over the cap. Sorry, Voor, I gotta take it away. You can have whatever it was worth in cash, though.

If anyone else broke the avalibility cap, please come forward before I have to take it away in the middle of combat.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay...stealth roll to get unseen to Prometheus' room: 1, 2, 2, 4, 5. Good gawd I hope there are situational modefiers that benefit me!

Next, search roll for Prometheus' room: 1, 3, 5, 5, 11. Don't forget my -1 TN for my perceptive edge.

Scrounge roll for the inventory and in Prometheus' room.: 2,4,5,7,11. Again, don't forget my perceptive edge. Maybe that would supplement the search roll, too.

Finally, etiqutte roll for trying to soothe Mother: 1,2,3,4,5,9.
Fresno Bob
Actually, they screwed up the table. M22A2 has an avail of 6. M-23 has an avail of 5.
Fresno Bob
See, the M22A2 has a Grenade Launcher on it, plus other stuff. Why would its availability be lower than the stripped down one?
Large Mike

In both the normal tables, and the master table of CC it lists the avail as 6. So if they screwed up, they screwed up consistantly and I'm going to have to rule that the availibility is 6. Sorry.

Mikey, there's not alot of interest in the room. There are his colors through several incarnations of the gang and a few blunt weapons kept for sentimental value. There's also a small shelf with actual paper books. Under his pillow is a Colt Manhuner and and hidden behind a drawer of his dresser is an old palm-pilot. There doesn't seem to be any power too it, and it's definatly seen better days.

No note, though.
Fresno Bob
Hmm, I was under the impression it was errated the other way. Ah well. Call it an M22A2 with the Grenade Launcher pulled off and any other accessories sold off, and the ones I have on currently added in later...
Large Mike

Good enough.
Fresno Bob
Yay, thanks.

Also, I have the Explosive magazine in there. That's like... 9M
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Cool. He'd flip through the books...you know...hollowed out "booksafes", notes, etc...he'd take the gun, weapons and palm pilot to Ghost for redistribution...and because the palm pilot's interesting. And hidden power cells? Mickey would try to get it working. Computer skill roll: holy crap! 14 and 16 on 2 whole dice!

That oughta at least tell me if it could be made to work somehow and what parts might be needed. smile.gif
Fresno Bob
Smarmy salute? I think not. It was a perfectly repectful salute. He misses Prometheus as much as the rest of you. And what, he can't shake the hand of a newcomer?

Also, he does see fighting as some kind of a game.
Large Mike

The palm pilot just has dead betteries, that's all. Otherwise, it should work fine. The screen might be a bit testy after s much abuse as it's been thorugh, but that's about it. It's almost 10 years old.
Tanka
Damn, dude... 14 and 16 on two dice? You just waisted your token good roll. nyahnyah.gif

Well, hopefully not... Anyway, rolling a few SMG B/R tests for installing the Gas Vent IV and checking the Shock Pads and Under Barrel Weight

SMG B/R Gas Vent IV: 1, 5
SMG B/R Shock Pads: 2, 2
SMG B/R Under Barrel Weight: 3, 4
Digital Heroin
I just post as Blitz sees things, after all he's a sadistic asshole, and none too bright...
Large Mike

Those rolls kinda sucked. nyahnyah.gif The underbarrel weight is yours, but the gas vent and the shock pads are definatly a no-go.
Tanka
Curses! Burst-fire only for now. =\
Tanka
Perception: 2, 2, 4, 11

Mebbe I should've started it off right with a shot to the head from my Predator... nyahnyah.gif
Large Mike

The Losers have used a few of their vehicles to make a barricade behind them. There isn't usually alot of traffic here, but this'll block off any. They're all armed, but won't fire until fired upon. If anyone decides to pot shot them before a proper meeting of the two forces, they'll jump behind the cars and bolt. Ganger conflict in Woodinville has followed an unwritten code for quite some time now. If two gangs have a beef, they meet up in the street, the leaders have words, agree to terms of engagement (which is usually either no firearms or "On 3") and throw down.

When you get there, you'll see 17 gangers, a mixed bag of about 1/3 human, 1/3 dwarf, and 1/3 Ork/Troll. A grizzled dwarf is standing in front of them all, smoking a cigarette, waiting to do the talking.
Tanka
Good thing I didn't... Maybe I should hop in the semi and run a few over. biggrin.gif

Any objections to that mode of slaughtering? grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012