Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deep Vengeance...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
UmaroVI
After Kat Doktor's treatment, anyone who still has P damage can get a Heal from either Fat Man or Zerone; speak up if you would like one.
JxJxA
@Buddha: I put up a post to try and explain Zerone's initiation. I'm still trying to decide on whether to buy the spells or save up karma. It ended up being a bit long, but I wanted to provide a little more back-story for some of his flaws. Basically, he was bioengineered as an Elf super-soldier for a radical, Elf-supremacist group (they seem pretty popular for those of the Homo Nobilis persuasion). There are a bunch of blood-thirsty clones that are potential Evil Twins to fit that flaw. Finally, I figured that someone who spent most of his life in a clone tank and got prematurely removed in a filthy dump would end up suffering from asthma and a weak immune system. nyahnyah.gif

@Anybody who cares (lol): Elf society seems pretty much based on Celtic stuff, so green was a natural choice for elf mage-soldier auras who might dish out death while reshaping the world in an Elf-first society. The Empyrean is the "Highest Heaven" in ancient and medieval philosophies, which looks to be what Shadowrun's Christian Theurgy builds off of.

I'm really glad that the thread is starting to move forward again. I enjoy writing Zerone and Follower, even if they are kind of dull characters compared to some of our more colorful comrades. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Ok as usual Happy Monday to all, add your weekly drip of 1 karma to your sheet.

Since I didn't hear any major objections to adding the new player I was going to give it the green light and get him onboard this week. I have heard from the following players that they are still lurking about:

Fenris
JxJxA
UmaroVI
Notsoevildm
BishopMcQ

The new fella's name is Emilio which is also his character's name as well.

My plan is to wrap up the mind probing and then bump forward a few weeks in game time. Please feel free to throw up a "During Downtime" post or edit to add that header following with "Current".
JxJxA
So does that mean we each get 7k Nuyen from the 35? biggrin.gif

Also, I forgot to mention that Zerone is taking Centering for his metamagic with reciting scripture/psalms as the requirement. smile.gif Still deciding on spells, but does anyone have any recommendations for combat spells? He's got Stunbolt, Stunball, Manabolt, and Manaball. Should I grab the Powerbolt/Powerball combo?
UmaroVI
Since you already have the Mana- spells, you'll only be using Power- spells in one circumstance: trying to destroy drones and vehicles. As you get more dice, Power- spells get better because they go against a flat OR of 5; long-term I think they might be a better choice for you, short-term you might well be better off with Elemental spells. It also depends on opposition: the more skilled the opposition are, and the more big and heavily armored your target, the better Power- spells are and the worse elemental spells are.

You could also do something like grab, say, Powerbolt and Blizzard - I'm a big fan of Frost elemental effects, since they force crash tests. That is f/2+5 drain, though, so you'd need to be careful with it nyahnyah.gif You could also switch it and get Frost and Powerball.
JxJxA
@ Umaro: Very cool, I may go the powerbolt & blizzard route. smile.gif
UmaroVI
Magical Group Hunting: Fat Man would have a dice pool of 3 (base charisma) + 3 (street cred, capped by charisma) + 3 (increase charisma) +1 (Etiquette 1) + 1 (1 talismonger contact) to look; it's a 1 day threshold 12 extended test. There may be a penalty if you rule Folk Taoism is a sufficiently obscure tradition here; I'm going to assume no and go ahead but if you think it should be I'll reroll.

I think we talked briefly about what kind of society he's looking for, but the criterion would in short be:

Relatively small
Will accept him
Not terrible evil people - he'd be OK with either "morally neutral seekers of knowledge" or more actively charitable groups, but not the Fu Manchu World Domination and Kitten Torture Society or something like that.
Secretive and private

Searching:

Test 1: 7 hits
Test 2 (at -1): 6 hits

Huh, that was some good rolls.
JxJxA
QUOTE (UmaroVI @ Sep 13 2011, 11:07 PM) *
Not terrible evil people - he'd be OK with either "morally neutral seekers of knowledge" or more actively charitable groups, but not the Fu Manchu World Domination and Kitten Torture Society or something like that.

This made me laugh. biggrin.gif
JxJxA
Zerone is going to try and get in touch with his talismonger, Rev. Hannibal (an L5/C6 talismonger connected with the Christian Theurge community, he's a portly dwarf I introduced here). I didn't think to add a fixer to his contacts, but I'm hoping he (or possibly Widget?) can point Zerone in the right direction for picking up some snazzy goggles and a respirator...

The die reads 5 when I need a 6. frown.gif
Notsoevildm
Some shopping for Eklipse:

From run reward: (7k?)
Fake SIN R1 - Josef Schmidt - 1000
Fake SIN R4 - Jakob Myers - 4000
TOTAL: 5000 + hopefully 2k in certified credsticks

From initial payment (5k):
A load of cheap clothes - 400
Basic armor vest (6/4) - 600
1 month low lifestyle - 2000 (appartment at the Looking Glass)
Top end bike helmet with respirator R6, image link, HUD, thermo, vision and audio enhancements R3 - 1175
Chem coating R2 (takes to max extras rating) for form fitting armor - 500
TOTAL: 4675

Will post karma spend later.
Buddha72
Ok great flavor posts so far. Throw out what you're looking for me here - this is what I think you are asking for so far:

Fat Man A magical group to join - what kind of criteria are you putting out there?
Zerone Set up a meeting with your contact

Post away here and I'll start churning out IC posts.
UmaroVI
His criterion would be:

1) Relatively small
2) Secrecy stricture and general focus on privacy
3) Not terrible evil people
4) A more Chinese-themed society might make sense, I could also see a more pan-Asian one working, or a general "seekers of esoteric knowledge" type deal.

Other than that, really, whatever you think will work best to advance the plot and fit into the game you want to run is fine with me.
BishopMcQ
Invisible Castle is down, so I used http://juhani.naskali.net/programming/shadowrun-dice-roller for the dice rolls in this post.

Presuming I get the info from Aideen, will begin some basic data searches in AR. 23 hits in the first five minutes. For the missing runner, I'm looking for known hangouts and previous affiliations if any.

I'd also like to find out if the comm is online at the moment. Spoof my access ID (buying the hits) and try calling the number. If the line connects, I have 8 hits on my first complex action and 6 hits (14 total) on my second complex action. So I should have a trace within three seconds (Yay being back in the Matrix!!). (The Trace was presuming he's not redirecting the trace or running a stealth program.)

If Aideen goes to get food with Cypher, I'll do the matrix stuff afterwards. If I'm on my own, I'll do it while eating.
Notsoevildm
Karma spend for Eklipse:

Karma already spent: 14
Raise Magic attribute from 5 to 6 - 30 (new adept powers: raise Enhanced perception and Great leap to 2, take Improved skill (blades) at 1)
Specialize Automatics to SMGs - 2
Raise Blades to 3 - 6
Specialize Blades to Swords - 2
Specialize Dodge to Ranged - 2
Raise Pilot ground craft to 2 - 4
Raise Perception to 3 - 6

Total karma spent 66/72

@Buddha, can you confirm if this is okay. Also my shopping list a couple of posts above and the actual award for the run (assuming 7k at the moment).

UmaroVI
Assensing (Aura Reading) 12d6 = 4 hits.
JxJxA
Umaro, where did you find the frost and blizzard spells? I looked in my books but couldn't find them. x_x
BishopMcQ
Street Magic, p 168. Box in the top corner gives the names for other Elemental spells based on the normal ones.
JxJxA
Cool, thanks Bishop. smile.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! Add your weekly drip of karma to your sheet. Also we've hit the 1 year mark on the thread!! Sept 16th so everyone had an additional 10 points to your sheet as my way of saying thanks for playing. smile.gif

UmaroVI the child your assensing is a free spirit with a Force of 12 and his/its general emotion is focused and calm.
JxJxA
Cool, also Zerone set up the appointment with his talismonger. smile.gif
Buddha72
Posts up and let me know if I missed something or someone.
BishopMcQ
Data Search on the Doc
13d6.hits(5)=5
12d6.hits(5)=5
11d6.hits(5)=2
10d6.hits(5)=5
17 hits.
JxJxA
Cool, Zerone will arrive early for the free breakfast goodies. He normally eats nutrient paste since it's cheaper and lets him save money to for magic doohickeys. nyahnyah.gif
Buddha72
LOL! I'll throw up a post tomorrow then with you arriving. ran out of time tonight - off to bed for me.
JxJxA
LOL, no worries. smile.gif Basically, I need him to put me in contact with someone who can sell me some tech and more mundane stuff. If he has the resources, all the better. biggrin.gif
JxJxA
Also, I know I just raised my magic...but is there any chance I can raise my body from 2 to 3, too? The new karma bonus gives me the 15 I need for it... biggrin.gif
Buddha72
That's fine with me - thanks for checking though.
JxJxA
Cool. I just wanted to make sure. smile.gif
Buddha72
When you're all done with the IC items please post your arrival for the meet.

Thanks!
Buddha72
Everyone say hi to Emilio!
Notsoevildm
Hi Emilio!

Also just checking in with Buddha that my shopping / karma spends are okay?
BishopMcQ
Hey Emilio, welcome to the madness!
Buddha72
Sorry Notsoevilsm they looked fine. smile.gif
JxJxA
This is what Zerone will write on the Reverend's pad:

1 Custom Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit (with skinlink, biomonitor, fire resistance rating 2, insulation rating 2, non-conductivity rating 3): 3050 nuyen/Avail 8
1 Pair Custom Vision Enhancement Goggles (with smartlink, vision enhancement rating 3, thermographic, ultrasound): 2530 nuyen/Avail 8
1 Pair Custom Audio Earbuds (with audio enhancements rating 2, spatial recognizer): 330 nuyen/Avail 6

It's nothing too crazy, but without a fixer he's going to have trouble getting those things. biggrin.gif Also, let me know if I've calculated the availability wrong. I tried finding rules to see if modifications add to the availability total or if I go with the highest value, but I didn't see anything and decided to go with the latter.

I'll get an IC post up soon, but I need a bit of time since I might look for some more magic stuff while I'm in touch with Hannibal.
Emilio
Hey all!
BishopMcQ
jxJxA--It may be helpful to post the availability of the items, so Buddha knows how long things will take or how big a favor you're asking.
JxJxA
Thanks for the suggestion, Bishop. I added the availability to the items posted above.
UmaroVI
Hey, sorry, I've been really busy but I will be postifying shortly.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! I just wanted to let you all know I have another kidney stone but this one is smaller and I am passing it without surgical assistance but I am high as the proverbial kite while I do it so feel free to nudge me if I miss something or if I post something that makes no sense. smile.gif

Add your weekly drip of 1 karma.
Buddha72
JxJxA you can add a new contact to your sheet by the name of Joseph Goodman Loyalty 1/Connection 3 - he's a fixer.
JxJxA
Awesome, thanks Buddha. smile.gif Sorry for not responding earlier. Work has been a real bitch as of late. x_x
JxJxA
Oops, just posted Zerone going to the meet. I totally missed Widget's message earlier in the thread. x_x
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! I'm back (3 stones later - don't ask) and will be posting more later this afternoon or evening. As usual add 1 point of karma to your character sheet.
Buddha72
Ok looking over the thread I think I am just waiting on UmaroVI/Fat Man to finish up some RPing with me in the search for his magic group options then I will bump along to the meet with Widget.
UmaroVI
Sorry I got behind on that - work got really busy.
Buddha72
No problem - real life first. smile.gif
Buddha72
Ok the RPing is wrapped up and I'll post the meet at the Looking Glass tomorrow in the late morning or early afternoon.

UmaroVI don't let me forget to post your meeting with the group after the meet posts.
Buddha72
Post up!
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! As usual 1 point of karma to your character and I'll be throwing up a post tonight to move into the meet with Widget.
BishopMcQ
Data Packet Info
[ Spoiler ]

And yes, he's crazy, but not in a bad way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012