Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deep Vengeance...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
BishopMcQ
Hopefully Cypher has moved from "completely useless" to "mildly incompetent" in Ayo's mind.
Buddha72
Soak 11P Adding Edge to the roll
6d6.hitsopen(5,6)=3

and so passes the Doctor from this world.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP <<<<
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 3 12/1 IP Confused -5 dice pool modifier
Security 2 10/1 IP
Tech 10/0 IP Feared 3 Combat Turns
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Zerone is up!
JxJxA
Here's my actions:

IP 2
Free-Move up to closest point of cover where Isabela is.
Complex-Cast Stunbolt Force 7
Magic(7-1) + Sorcery(3) + Power Focus(3-1) + Mentor(2) - Sustain(2) = 13d6 for 7 hits 11d6 for 6 hits if you knock off the last two dice because I forgot about my sustained spell. I really hope that doesn't paste him... x_x
Resist Drain: (7+1)/2 - 1 = 3S
Willpower(4) + Charisma(11) = 15d6 for 2 hits. Eff that, I'm sucking too many penalties as it is. Rerolling misses with a point of edge for 6 more hits. 8 hits total, so no drain damage. Down to 1 point of edge.
Buddha72
Security 3
4d6.hits(5)=3

So that leaves me with 10 boxes out of 10 boxes exactly.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP <<<<
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Emilio is up! Please give me a Perception roll Emilo and Hamagen! I would also like to introduce a new player to the thread - Hamagen who will be playing Breeze. He is a table top player from my gaming group who I think will make a great addition. Emiliio, BishopMcQ and Fenris have played with him.

Say hi all!
Fenris
ZOMG! Hey Hamagen! Glad to see you joined in ^.~ Mostly glad we didn't scare you away.

@ BishopMcQ - Oh, between opening the door, setting up the good doctor, and then tripping her up, I'd upgrade you all the way to 'mildly useful' biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
Welcome Hamagen! Always good to have some extra targets for the bad guys to shoot at! wink.gif
Hamagen
Intuition + Perception = 2 hits

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in response, I had registered for the forum last week, but didn't notice in the instructions that I was also supposed to email someone afterwards, wasn't able to post yesterday.
JxJxA
Welcome to the party smile.gif
Emilio
Perception 5d6 = 2 hits

Emilio struggles against his bonds again, in another extended strength test:

5d6 gives 2 hits
4d6 gives 3 hits
and I stop.

Total of 5 hits.
Buddha72
Emilio you are free but prone on the medical bed in a locked room as far as you know.

Breeze you are in scrubs and without any of your gear in a locked room. You might be able to use the overhead lamp arm as a weapon if you pry it loose from it's mounting. Can I also get an Initiative roll please?

The total karma so far is 111 right now - feel free to add that to your character Hamagen.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP <<<<
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Shen is up!
Hamagen
Initiative
8d6 = 3 hits

Total Initiative = 11

I'm not real sure what you mean by "You might be able to use the overhead lamp arm as a woman"

Is that typo? or am I missing something?
UmaroVI
Maybe Breeze has been locked in his cell too long?
UmaroVI
The shen is going to turn off Materialization (free), move into Office 2, and turn Materialization back on (Complex).
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Hamagen @ Mar 3 2012, 05:16 PM) *
I'm not real sure what you mean by "You might be able to use the overhead lamp arm as a woman"

Probably an auto-correct error from the iPad and he meant "weapon," using the lamp as a weapon will be less traumatizing than pretending it's a fleshlight...
Buddha72
LOL! That made my night.

I fixed the post above from the auto correct demons. I will post tomorrow night after my daughter's birthday party and clean up.
Hamagen
About the room I'm in, what kind of locked door is there? any thing I see that might help me get the door opened?
Buddha72
The door is secured with a maglock. Give me a Perception test followed by a Hardware roll. I'm exhausted from a busy weekend so I'm going to crawl into bed and I'll post tomorrow.
Hamagen
Perception
8d6 = 2 hits

Hardware
9d6 = 4 hits
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! Add your weekly drip of 1 karma to your sheet. Also just a reminder that if you are spending karma to let me know and send me updated versions of your character sheet.

Hamagen You have found some medical implements you can use to try and open the maglock - you will be at -2 to your skill roll using the improvised tool set.

This is a reposting of the clinic map for the new players (Emilio & Hamagen):

Shadow Clinic

Exam rooms will be in two clusters. The six in the lower left corner of the map are going to be numbered A1 to A6 starting at the top and going left to right so:

A1 A2
A3 A4
A5 A6

with A5 being the exam room with an external door off of it. The cluster of three on the top of the map will be:

B1
B2 B3

Offices will be:

O1 O2

with O1 being the office with the deck entrance off of it. The cargo that Ayo saw loaded into the site was through the entry at the top of the map. The clinic has a Background Count of 1. You think they are 6 security personnel and 3 to 4 medical staff working out of O2 along with Dr. Takayasu who seems to be the sole occupant of O1. You think Emilio is in exam room A4 and there are 3 other patients recovering in B2, A1 and A5. Breeze is in A1.

Any other questions?

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP <<<<
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Eklipse is up!
Notsoevildm
Melee attack on the poor tech: Agi 5 + Unarmed 5 = 10d6.hits(5)=6, base damage 3P, this might sting!
Hamagen
If I'm reading correctly, this counts as an extended test right?

Attempting to open the Maglock..

Hardware + Logic (with a -2)
7d6 = 2 hits
6d6 = 1 hit
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Hamagen @ Mar 6 2012, 07:07 AM) *
"Limey bastards, hate being used as a bloody lab rat, happens too much"
Warning, pedant mode activated!

If Breeze is a Brit, he is actually the 'limey'. The nasy Americans that are using him as a lab rat would just be 'yanks' or in this case 'yank(ee) bastards'.
JxJxA
Yeah, that was confusing me, too... Isn't the (now late) doctor Japanese, anyways? Shouldn't he be calling them sushi-heads or used-panty-vending-machine-makers?
Notsoevildm
Correct. I'll leave it up to Ham' to pick an appropriate racial slur.
Hamagen
oh! thanks guys, I was just looking for some British slang to use, since he is supposed to be "really British" in addition to the punk rocker type.

Feel free to keep these type of suggestions coming smile.gif
JxJxA
Call them: Wankers, sots, or any other insult used in Extras (especially if it's used against Andy Millman)
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Checking the immediately obvious, is there a sign of Dr. Takayasu's commlink? Sitting on the desk, fallen from her hands as she ran to her death...
Buddha72
Sorry dropped off there for a few days but I'm back!

Soak
4d6.hits(5)=1

So 8 boxes for the Tech

BishopMcQ the commlink is sitting on the table interfaced with the surface of the desk.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP <<<<
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Cypher is up!
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Mar 8 2012, 07:41 PM) *
Soak
4d6.hits(5)=1

So 8 boxes for the Tech
Not one to complain but that's a total of 14P that tech's taken and is still standing. He's either one tough fragger or you forgot the elbow to the throat he got as he tried to run past Eklipse earlier.
Buddha72
Melee attack on the poor tech: Agi 5 + Unarmed 5 = 10d6.hits(5)=6, base damage 3P, this might sting!

That was your post and 6 + 3 is 9 right? wobble.gif
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Buddha72 @ Feb 15 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Tech
4d6.hits(5)=1

8P
3d6.hits(5)=2

6P to the Tech and he is stopped by Eklipse

I think this is the post he was referring to--the interception attack, plus the recent nerve punch.
Notsoevildm
Thanks Bishop. Should have linked it myself.

Yeah, 6P from initial intercept plus 8P from follow up nerve strikes = 14P total!
BishopMcQ
Beginning a Transfer Data action for her commlink and any remote storage (hopefully that will include the clinic database since she's tied into it.)
Buddha72
OH lord! My bad - very sorry. *flips blonde hair* I hope my confused tone came across in the OOC post - I am not one of those GMs that get pissy when corrected - I'm more the show me what I missed type. The googly eye smiley face was my attempt to convey that.

I will fix the IC post and repost the adjusted initiative order.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP <<<<
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP
BishopMcQ
Observe in Detail --
8d6.hits(5)=5
Audio - 3d6.hits(5)=2
Visual - 3d6.hits(5)=1
UmaroVI
(OOC: I think Fat Man is up, not sure if Cypher's action is resolving or resolved but I decided to go ahead and post so I don't hold things up).

Fat Man is going to run after the "Male Nurse" Eklipse tagged. If he can get into LOS, he'll Stunbolt the nurse at force 6. If he can't, he'll spend his actions on Sprint and/or opening doors as needed.

Rolls as needed: Stunbolting http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411104/ (only 6 hits count, capped by Force)
Drain: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411105/ soaks it all
Sprinting: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411106/ 1 and 2 hits (including -1 for shield)
Buddha72
BishopMcQ OK the Transfer Data action went through and I'll post the results of your Perception by editing the IC post I did.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP <<<<
Security 2 10/1 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

UmaroVI Sounds great but the male nurse shut the door behind him which would take a Simple Action to open so you can get to the door but you can't see the Nurse to zap him. Feel free to repost your modified actions here and edit the IC post if needed.
UmaroVI
No problem - I just went with the rolls to cover all eventualities nyahnyah.gif Fat Man will in that case head over, open the door, and stay in the doorway (assuming he can see the nurse from the doorway). Edited IC post accordingly.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all! Don't forget to add your weekly drip of karma to your character sheets.

Initiative Order
Isabela 22/1 IP
Ayo 14/2 IP
Zerone 14/1 IP
Emilio 14/2 IP
Shen 14/1 IP
Eklipse 13/1 IP
Cypher 12/1 IP
Fat Man 12/1 IP
Security 2 10/1 IP <<<<
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Security 2 is up!

Scatter Direction
1d6=5

Scatter
2d6=5

Heavy Weapons
10d6.hits(5)=3

Ok I need Eklipse, Ayo and Fat Man to soak 9S with -3 AP. Due to scatter Zerone is out of the blast radius.
Notsoevildm
Eklipse soak roll:
Body 4 + Toughness 1 + Impact Armor 6 - AP 3 + Edge 2 = 11d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2 - rolled thinking it was resisted with ballistic but then checked and saw grenades are resisted with Impact which is one less. Doesn't change result - still sucks:

7S damage and knocked down
1 edge left

Well, guess I just have to be glad it wasn't a frag grenade!
BishopMcQ
Spending my free action to talk on other passes.
UmaroVI
Body (11)+Impact (22)-AP(3) = 30d6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3412975/ Fat Man isn't hurt.
Fenris
Body (3) + Impact ( 8 ) (11d6.hits(5)= 8 )

Of course, didn't see the -3 AP, so if it's all right, I'll just pull the last three off, reducing it to 7 successes.

So, 2S.

How far away is the chiclet with the gun?
JxJxA
Phew, that blast would likely have shorted out Zerone, not just the hardware. twirl.gif
Notsoevildm
Pretty much did short out Eklipse. Note to self, let Fat Man go first next time! And buy better armor.
UmaroVI
He's not fat, he's just well padded.
BishopMcQ
For my own clarification--was that a riot gear style ballistic shield or shiny magical force one?
UmaroVI
Riot gear.
Buddha72
Initiative Order
Isabela 22/0 IP
Ayo 14/1 IP <<<<
Zerone 14/0 IP
Emilio 14/1 IP
Shen 14/0 IP
Eklipse 13/0 IP
Cypher 12/0 IP
Fat Man 12/0 IP
Security 2 10/0 IP
Nurse 1 9/0 IP
Nurse 2 8/0 IP

Ayo is up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012