Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Denver Missions Team 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
klinktastic
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 12:47 PM) *
@JP - Where are the two locations, Marcels and the Amerind place? South of here, closer to the city proper?

PS - just over a month, we hit a 1000 posts. That's awesome.
BlackHat
It looks like Klink made a really good call about the three vs min-three thing. biggrin.gif
Even if these ain't our gals, it gives us a name to work with (a name to drop at the runner bar, for example).

IC post to share the info in a sec
BlackHat
I don't think I missed a post where someone actually paid us, but if I did, I can edit that last question.
klinktastic
I'm going to advance the scene to the parking lot. If anyone has questions, we can either backdate them or message Hafiz.
BlackHat
Were we told which bar is closer?
klinktastic
Not yet, I have a PM out to JP for that and some specific info about hacking this commlink.

Also, JP, could I run an analyze program on the video of the kidnapping? See if it was tampered with? If so, then maybe we can convince Kim to come with us.
J. Packer
Sent it in reply to Klink. Hardpan is closer, being more northerly, while Marcels is closer to the border with the CAS
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 02:03 PM) *
Not yet, I have a PM out to JP for that and some specific info about hacking this commlink.

Also, JP, could I run an analyze program on the video of the kidnapping? See if it was tampered with? If so, then maybe we can convince Kim to come with us.

You certainly can make an analyze attempt.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 03:34 PM) *
You certainly can make an analyze attempt.

I'm going to post the analyze roll here, since it will involve backdating to convince Kim its not falsifed (or at least try to)

[ Spoiler ]
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 02:40 PM) *
I'm going to post the analyze roll here, since it will involve backdating to convince Kim its not falsifed (or at least try to)

[ Spoiler ]

You are as certain as you can possibly be that the video has not been tampered with in any way, shape or form.
J. Packer
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 02:40 PM) *

[ Spoiler ]

You are as certain as you can possibly be that the video has not been tampered with in any way, shape or form.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 10:41 PM) *

Does that include not having been copied?
klinktastic
@Kim - is there any way I'm going to be able to convince you the video wasn't tampered with?
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 19 2011, 03:43 PM) *
Does that include not having been copied?

Well, we are looking at a copy. I guess when I was originally in the system, I could have analyzed the original version.
Kim
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 19 2011, 10:43 PM) *
@Kim - is there any way I'm going to be able to convince you the video wasn't tampered with?

Kim doesn't think it's tempered with, she thinks someone failed trying to do so.
J. Packer
Each of you did receive a copy of it, yes. Being digital, it's easy enough to copy. The analyze program indicates that it is raw footage, and doesn't show any signs of having been manipulated with an Edit program.
klinktastic
@Kim - how do you want to play this out? I can edit my post at 496 to counter your request to stay by saying I saw no evidence of tampering. Then you can edit 500 with your reponse?
BlackHat
As I understood Angel's posts... even if the video wasn't tampered with, there was still a good question as to why the security guys were not watching the feed. I think it make sense for her to still investigate, but I won't complain if she wants to change her mind in light of the non-edit.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 19 2011, 03:50 PM) *
As I understood Angel's posts... even if the video wasn't tampered with, there was still a good question as to why the security guys were not watching the feed. I think it make sense for her to still investigate, but I won't complain if she wants to change her mind in light of the non-edit.

I don't think many places actively watch security cameras. Could be solved by asking if they have a full time security staff, and if so, does he monitor the feeds all shift long? Not a stay for another hour while the rest of the team goes and gets themselves into trouble.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Each of you did receive a copy of it, yes. Being digital, it's easy enough to copy. The analyze program indicates that it is raw footage, and doesn't show any signs of having been manipulated with an Edit program.

I was talking about this:
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 18 2011, 10:42 PM) *
"Also note that, at 8:30 this morning, our security system was hacked. Thankfully, we run a tight ship here, and the video footage was not tampered with or deleted."

did he mean that the file wasn't copied either?
Kim
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 19 2011, 10:50 PM) *

Ummm, is there a reason why you both seem to think that Angel is under the impression the video has been tampered with?
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 19 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Ummm, is there a reason why you both seem to think that Angel is under the impression the video has been tampered with?

Because the biggest RPG mistake is splitting the party. I'll metagame the shit out of stuff so it doesn't happen. Never ever have I been in a situation when it worked out for the better.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 19 2011, 05:13 PM) *

Well, I thought you mentioned something in a post about it, but I guess not. smile.gif

As far as splitting the party, I've had it go both ways. When your run has a deadline, you gotta consider it, but we got an early start on this run, so I don't think its "Scooby-do" time yet. (That's what my old SR group used to call it when we split up)
klinktastic
If its a non-essential person, like a non-combat hacker or rigger, you can leave em at home (car). Am I excited to walk into a potentially hostile place without magic support? Negative.
J. Packer
Let me rephrase the situation. Someone attempted to hack their systems this morning, but were unsuccessful. A ransom note was left, but no data was taken or edited.
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 04:34 PM) *
Let me rephrase the situation. Someone attempted to hack their systems this morning, but were unsuccessful. A ransom note was left, but no data was taken or edited.

And I'm about to add to post 496 that the video evidence was not tampered with.
Kim
Well, I'm sure the team we're looking for is the Black Cats, just because this mission would be too damn hard if it isn't. It doesn't matter though, Kim wants to check out what happened on the ranch, because (she thinks) everything else could turn out to be a dead end. There just is no reason not to split up to save time.
J. Packer
To give credit where it's due - "don't split the party" is very much a metagame concept. smile.gif
klinktastic
@kim - once JP answers your question about security, to the effect of his IC post, there's still 3 minutes to get into the car.

And there's never a good time to split up, especially when you might have a showdown with an experienced runner team....
klinktastic
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 19 2011, 04:39 PM) *
To give credit where it's due - "don't split the party" is very much a metagame concept. smile.gif

And I already said I'll metagame the shit out of it. But realitically, Riots a team sport player. He's not going to the game without part of his team...if you know what I mean.
klinktastic
Well Kim stayed. So lets just move forward instead of waste RL time on something that doesn't matter.
Kim
This turned out to be a dead end very quickly. There's no reason for Kim to stay there any longer, so now what?
klinktastic
You're in the car.

Though it would be funny if we had to come get you.
BlackHat
If Kim wants to say she goes back to the van and catches us before we make it out of the parking lot, it should be just a couple of edits - but we probably want to confirm one way or the other before we arrive at Hardpans. Dunno if Wolf would want her to come in too, or not (or instead).
BlackHat
FWIW, Kreskin hasn't actually mentioned the Black Cats (or confirmed that he got the tip from Longfeather, for that matter), since when you brought it up before, he didn't want to talk about digging up info on the Johnson in his parking lot. smile.gif Not a big deal though, if you ask about it in the van, he won't hide either of those facts.
J. Packer
I'm okay with saying that Kim ran out at the last second, disgruntled, and flagged you down before you left.

I'll work on a post, but not post it, in case the personnel change changes anything in Wolf's plans.
BlackHat
Also, good call on not mentioning the fact that you're going to ask about Falcone, because Kreskin still thinks its a terrible idea. smile.gif OOC, we might actually get some useful information, but in principle its bad form (even if its not that uncommon in the shadows).
Zyerne
It doesn't.
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 20 2011, 09:31 AM) *
FWIW, Kreskin hasn't actually mentioned the Black Cats (or confirmed that he got the tip from Longfeather, for that matter), since when you brought it up before, he didn't want to talk about digging up info on the Johnson in his parking lot. smile.gif Not a big deal though, if you ask about it in the van, he won't hide either of those facts.

Edited my last IC post to include the question.
J. Packer
Okay, good. I'll get a post up that details Riot's hacking and the entrance to the bar.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 20 2011, 10:35 AM) *
It doesn't.

Fair enough. I actually think Angel (being both female, and amerind) might have better luck getting on the runner's good side (or making up some lie about wanting to team up with them, or something), but if it doesn't change anything, Kreskin is excited to get into his first runner-hangout.
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 20 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Fair enough. I actually think Angel (being both female, and amerind) might have better luck getting on the runner's good side (or making up some lie about wanting to team up with them, or something), but if it doesn't change anything, Kreskin is excited to get into his first runner-hangout.

Also, she has an affinity for cats! wink.gif
klinktastic
JP I had a chance to read your first chapter. It was pretty interesting, good introduction to the main characters. Do you have more? Or is it a work in progess?
BlackHat
Threw you a bone about the longfeather thing, too. wink.gif
klinktastic
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jan 20 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Threw you a bone about the longfeather thing, too. wink.gif

Yup, I pushed the timestamp on the text back a few minutes.
Zyerne
If the Black Cats are the one's were looking for, I don't expect them to be sitting in the Hardpan waiting for us. Wolf also thinks Kim is a liability.
Kim
QUOTE (J. Packer @ Jan 20 2011, 04:32 PM) *
I'm okay with saying that Kim ran out at the last second, disgruntled, and flagged you down before you left.

I'll work on a post, but not post it, in case the personnel change changes anything in Wolf's plans.

Considering that Kim was talking to Hafiz in the room, at least something got to change.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 20 2011, 09:48 AM) *
If the Black Cats are the one's were looking for, I don't expect them to be sitting in the Hardpan waiting for us. Wolf also thinks Kim is a liability.

Well since its a pregen mission you can't rule it out. But seriously, no they aren't. But if we're asking around for them, odds are the others there might not like those questions. My guess, this scene is part of the leg work. We gotta get on the good side of the fixer is for the Black Cats to set up a meet with them.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Kim @ Jan 20 2011, 09:52 AM) *
Considering that Kim was talking to Hafiz in the room, at least something got to change.

You have 3 minutes from your last time stamp. Just edit into your last point, that you went out to the parking and jumped in.
BlackHat
QUOTE (klinktastic @ Jan 20 2011, 10:54 AM) *
You have 3 minutes from your last time stamp. Just edit into your last point, that you went out to the parking and jumped in.

Or just shoot us a message over comms, and we'll wait up for you, or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012